Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Zed 09:24 - Feb 26 with 4649 viewspickles110564

You have stated that all the defectors who left Labour should stand in by elections as they stood as Labour candidates and on the Labour manifesto, does this mean all Labour MP's should now face By elections now that they are going against the Labour manifesto they stood on in the last General Election?

In the manifesto "Labour accepts the referendum result"
Dear Zed on 09:25 - Feb 26 with 2231 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Oh Joy..

The daily dance of calling out posters continues
Dear Zed on 09:34 - Feb 26 with 2203 viewsBrixtonBlue

As a Tory, you're on very thin ice talking about broken manifesto promises.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dear Zed on 09:36 - Feb 26 with 2201 viewsZedRodgers

Alright pickles son.

They are carrying out the policy decided at the party conference and haven't resigned from their party.

No, not at the moment

Dear Zed on 09:41 - Feb 26 with 2175 viewslowhouseblue

Dear Zed on 09:36 - Feb 26 by ZedRodgers

Alright pickles son.

They are carrying out the policy decided at the party conference and haven't resigned from their party.

so conference trumps the manifesto mps were elected on? jeez, it's good to get that out in the open - the next manifesto clearly needs a footnote explaining that terms and conditions apply: vote labour and conference (ie momentum) will in fact do whatever it fancies. cool.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Dear Zed on 09:43 - Feb 26 with 2169 viewschicoazul

Alright pickles son.

This sounds like a fair and good answer. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here and whether they do indeed follow through. I'd be interested to know what other policies were decided at conference.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dear Zed on 09:46 - Feb 26 with 2166 viewsChampionship

Not sure they aren't respecting the referendum result. They have clearly tried to support it but it has become such a shambles that they now want to ask the people if they are sure.

They aren't trying to block Brexit.
Dear Zed on 09:52 - Feb 26 with 2147 viewsSteve_M

Since when has a party that lost a General Election been bound by it's manifesto commitments?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dear Zed on 10:07 - Feb 26 with 2120 viewshomer_123

Dear Zed on 09:52 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

Since when has a party that lost a General Election been bound by it's manifesto commitments?

Since when has a party that won a General Election been bound by it's manifesto commitments?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Dear Zed on 10:09 - Feb 26 with 2108 viewspickles110564

Dear Zed on 09:34 - Feb 26 by BrixtonBlue

As a Tory, you're on very thin ice talking about broken manifesto promises.

Who said I am a Tory?
Dear Zed on 10:12 - Feb 26 with 2095 viewspickles110564

Alright pickles son.

So there is no need for Chukka and the gang from having to put themselves back up for election then?
Dear Zed on 10:17 - Feb 26 with 2080 viewsSteve_M

Dear Zed on 10:07 - Feb 26 by homer_123

Since when has a party that won a General Election been bound by it's manifesto commitments?

Well, quite but there is at least an argument to be had there. There isn't in Labour's case on that subject.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dear Zed on 10:24 - Feb 26 with 2050 viewsStokieBlue

Dear Zed on 10:07 - Feb 26 by homer_123

That is of course true but that's not the point being made.

It's more along the lines that zed was insisting that the leavers should have to sit new elections because they were voted in on the Labour manifesto.

Seems a bit rich to say that and then say actually the party conference trumps the manifesto so all the other MPs who have had what they stood for changed don't need to have new elections.

Goose gander and all that.

No need for the calling out in the subject line though.

SB
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 10:32]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dear Zed on 10:28 - Feb 26 with 2043 viewsBlueBadger

Dear Zed on 10:09 - Feb 26 by pickles110564

Who said I am a Tory?

Fair enough, as a Brexiteer you 're on this ices with wilfully misleading use of statistics and figures, broken promises, and outright lies then?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 10:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dear Zed on 10:35 - Feb 26 with 2024 viewsZedRodgers

Dear Zed on 09:43 - Feb 26 by chicoazul

This sounds like a fair and good answer. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here and whether they do indeed follow through. I'd be interested to know what other policies were decided at conference.

Yes, it wasn't exactly a new policy as their manifesto plan to campaign for customs union / single market type of deal was and is still in place. It was more of a revision from members after the lack of progress in the first two years of negotiations to ensure there was a way out if things did end up in the way they have done. Understandable really - It's not like they told the party they should be campaigning to remain.

There wasn't any real change of policies at the conference. Just a couple of additions: Opposing Universal Credit roll out, extending 30 hours free childcare to four year olds etc. The 2017 manifesto still stands and they're now asking members for suggestions on what should be in the next one.

Still, it's nice for Pickles and Co. to think they have some ammunition.

No, not at the moment

Dear Zed on 10:42 - Feb 26 with 2011 viewsZedRodgers

Dear Zed on 10:12 - Feb 26 by pickles110564

So there is no need for Chukka and the gang from having to put themselves back up for election then?

They've decided to oppose the core values of the manifesto and have resigned from the party.

That's not really the same situation as MPs that have remained in the party, are working towards the aims of the manifesto and are carrying out the Brexit policy in that manifesto with the addition of what was decided by members at the conference.

You're coming across as very desperate here.

No, not at the moment

Dear Zed on 10:45 - Feb 26 with 2001 viewsfooters

Dear Zed on 09:43 - Feb 26 by chicoazul

Following through is never good, first you've got to deal with the smell and then the stains.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dear Zed on 10:48 - Feb 26 with 1990 viewsPinewoodblue

The electorate in the Peterborough constituency could, if they wished, have their MP recalled and a by election called.It requires 10%(I think) of the electorate to petition for the recall of their MP. Ditto with any other MP's who receive a jail sentence or are banned from the HoC for more than 21 days.

Should also apply to anyone who switches benches. Technically no one has done that yet as they are all now independent MPs .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dear Zed on 10:49 - Feb 26 with 1991 viewspickles110564

Dear Zed on 10:28 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

Fair enough, as a Brexiteer you 're on this ices with wilfully misleading use of statistics and figures, broken promises, and outright lies then?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 10:31]

There were lies on both sides and a more balanced and truthful view should have been put across.

Where do you think we will end up now Blue?
Dear Zed on 10:50 - Feb 26 with 1979 viewspickles110564

Dear Zed on 10:42 - Feb 26 by ZedRodgers

They've decided to oppose the core values of the manifesto and have resigned from the party.

That's not really the same situation as MPs that have remained in the party, are working towards the aims of the manifesto and are carrying out the Brexit policy in that manifesto with the addition of what was decided by members at the conference.

You're coming across as very desperate here.

So are you on deciding what core values in the manifesto you are choosing to ignore.
Dear Zed on 10:57 - Feb 26 with 1958 viewsPinewoodblue

Dear Zed on 10:50 - Feb 26 by pickles110564

So are you on deciding what core values in the manifesto you are choosing to ignore.

Not really sure that Zed is a freethinker. Seems he is simply, more often than not, relaying the views of others.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dear Zed on 11:05 - Feb 26 with 1937 viewsBlueBadger

Dear Zed on 10:49 - Feb 26 by pickles110564

There were lies on both sides and a more balanced and truthful view should have been put across.

Where do you think we will end up now Blue?

Hoepfully realising that that the whole thing is a wasteful, destructive, divisive clusterf*ck and quietly dropping it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Dear Zed on 11:06 - Feb 26 with 1930 viewshomer_123

Dear Zed on 10:17 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

Well, quite but there is at least an argument to be had there. There isn't in Labour's case on that subject.

Was being facetious Steve. ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dear Zed on 11:07 - Feb 26 with 1927 viewsZedRodgers

Dear Zed on 10:48 - Feb 26 by Pinewoodblue

The electorate in the Peterborough constituency could, if they wished, have their MP recalled and a by election called.It requires 10%(I think) of the electorate to petition for the recall of their MP. Ditto with any other MP's who receive a jail sentence or are banned from the HoC for more than 21 days.

Should also apply to anyone who switches benches. Technically no one has done that yet as they are all now independent MPs .

Not quite.

Recall petitions couldn't be used in this scenario. They can only be used if any of these conditions apply:

1. An MP is convicted in the United Kingdom of an offence and receives a custodial sentence (including a suspended sentence) of a year or less.

2. Following on from a report from the Committee on Standards in relation to an MP, the House of Commons orders the suspension of the MP from the service of the House for a specified period (at least 10 sitting days, or at least 14 days if sitting days are not specified).

3. The MP has, after becoming an MP, been convicted of an offence under section 10 of the Parliamentary Standards Act 2009 (providing false or misleading information for allowances claims).

Edit: Better to know how things work than to be a "freethinker" who gets things wrong eh.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 11:09]

No, not at the moment

Dear Zed on 11:11 - Feb 26 with 1912 viewspickles110564

Dear Zed on 11:05 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

Hoepfully realising that that the whole thing is a wasteful, destructive, divisive clusterf*ck and quietly dropping it.

But do you think enough of the core Leaver vote will have changed their minds based on how they have seen Junker and the rest of the EU behave?
I have my doubts that Remain would even get as many votes as they got the first time.
Fishing communities are up in arms that they have been lied to and others would be allowed to fish in our waters.
Dear Zed on 11:14 - Feb 26 with 1901 viewsBlueBadger

Dear Zed on 11:11 - Feb 26 by pickles110564

But do you think enough of the core Leaver vote will have changed their minds based on how they have seen Junker and the rest of the EU behave?
I have my doubts that Remain would even get as many votes as they got the first time.
Fishing communities are up in arms that they have been lied to and others would be allowed to fish in our waters.

In what way has Junker behaved badly? Given the lack of respect, competence and organisation we've shown, they've been more than accomodating.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024