Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teddy Bishop 10:33 - Mar 11 with 5076 viewsitfcjoe

Glad we got him tied down to that new deal, otherwise think we'd have had a struggle keeping hold of him in the summer.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a couple of clubs interested in him as things stand in the summer.

If we can keep hold of him, Judge and Nolan we'll have a quality midfield in L1

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Teddy Bishop on 10:35 - Mar 11 with 4044 viewsJakeITFC

Genuinely believe that at his fittest and best that he’d be one of the best midfielders in this division, let alone League One.

Of all of the many negatives from this year, seeing him back on the field is a massive positive for me.
Teddy Bishop on 10:35 - Mar 11 with 4037 viewsportmanking

Agree totally. A midfield of Skuse and Downes anchoring, with those three in front and a fully-fit Will Keane would almost certainly do the business in L1.
Teddy Bishop on 10:35 - Mar 11 with 4034 viewsRobTheMonk

That midfield should tear it up in League 1!
Teddy Bishop on 10:47 - Mar 11 with 3950 viewsKieran_Knows

A midfield diamond of Downes/Skuse, Bishop, Nolan and Judge 'should' be the best in League 1.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Teddy Bishop on 10:48 - Mar 11 with 3946 viewstextbackup

Bishop is a class footballer. anyone that remotely questioned that whilst he was having injury issues couldn't have seen the PO season. since he's been back in the team he absolutely gets you off your seat whenever he gets the ball.
not the quickest but when he gets it on the turn over the first 5-10 yards he gets away from his man and scares defenders.
Saturday was such an exciting watch for many aspects, but watching us press them so high up the pitch (the team 4th in the league - at home) was incredible., they just didn't know what to do.
Jackson was brilliant when he came on, Edwards such a pest, and dare I say it, even dawkins showed promise.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 10:49 - Mar 11 with 3943 views_

Teddy Bishop on 11:03 - Mar 11 with 3862 viewslinhdi

on 10:49 - Mar 11 by _

Agree 100%. I thought Bishop was superb Saturday. Nolan was also excellent. We just needed a Will Keane. Jackson needs games, but could yet come good.
Teddy Bishop on 11:04 - Mar 11 with 3858 viewsWickets

on 10:49 - Mar 11 by _

TBH most us us had and at times Teddy must have been thinking , will it ever end . Great to see him back and playing well ,long may it continue .
Login to get fewer ads

on 11:08 - Mar 11 with 3842 views_

Teddy Bishop on 11:04 - Mar 11 by Wickets

TBH most us us had and at times Teddy must have been thinking , will it ever end . Great to see him back and playing well ,long may it continue .

Teddy Bishop on 11:18 - Mar 11 with 3785 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Teddy Bishop on 10:48 - Mar 11 by textbackup

Bishop is a class footballer. anyone that remotely questioned that whilst he was having injury issues couldn't have seen the PO season. since he's been back in the team he absolutely gets you off your seat whenever he gets the ball.
not the quickest but when he gets it on the turn over the first 5-10 yards he gets away from his man and scares defenders.
Saturday was such an exciting watch for many aspects, but watching us press them so high up the pitch (the team 4th in the league - at home) was incredible., they just didn't know what to do.
Jackson was brilliant when he came on, Edwards such a pest, and dare I say it, even dawkins showed promise.

I don't think I've seen anyone question his ability as a footballer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 11:20 - Mar 11 with 3775 views_

Teddy Bishop on 11:18 - Mar 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Teddy Bishop on 11:24 - Mar 11 with 3749 viewsitfcjoe

Teddy Bishop on 10:35 - Mar 11 by JakeITFC

Genuinely believe that at his fittest and best that he’d be one of the best midfielders in this division, let alone League One.

Of all of the many negatives from this year, seeing him back on the field is a massive positive for me.

He looks a better player than when he burst onto the scene in 14/15 - he was never able to carry the ball this effectively back then. He beats people for fun and is a really powerful runner now.

Teddy Bishop on 11:30 - Mar 11 with 3720 viewsGarv

I have to admit to being skepital about giving him another long term deal. He's only managed to play consistently since January-ish and his record previous to that is obviously awful. But since he has started playing again, he has been better than I thought he was. I was at Derby for his debut and he was like nothing I'd seen for years. He's back to that form.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Teddy Bishop on 11:34 - Mar 11 with 3700 viewsElderGrizzly

What do you think the chances of are of keeping Judge though? I’d suggest 20/80 in our favour right now?
Teddy Bishop on 11:36 - Mar 11 with 3683 viewsJakeITFC

Disagree.

People were happy to drive him to Cambridge to swap with some player of theirs a year or so back.
Teddy Bishop on 11:41 - Mar 11 with 3648 viewsitfcjoe

Teddy Bishop on 11:34 - Mar 11 by ElderGrizzly

What do you think the chances of are of keeping Judge though? I’d suggest 20/80 in our favour right now?

I'd say higher than that, he is in the building and enjoying his football for the first time since his injury.

It's not an easy sell, but he knows he is main man here, he has to take that risk elsewhere......I'd put us as more likely than not to sign him, but about 65:35

Teddy Bishop on 11:43 - Mar 11 with 3614 viewstextbackup

Oh there has been, hence why I said it.

Teddy Bishop on 11:44 - Mar 11 with 3612 viewsElderGrizzly

Teddy Bishop on 11:41 - Mar 11 by itfcjoe

I'd say higher than that, he is in the building and enjoying his football for the first time since his injury.

It's not an easy sell, but he knows he is main man here, he has to take that risk elsewhere......I'd put us as more likely than not to sign him, but about 65:35

That’s the key selling point for me too. We would build round him here, but he would likely be a bit part player in the Championship?

All depends on money vs playing time I guess
Teddy Bishop on 11:47 - Mar 11 with 3581 viewsKieran_Knows

Teddy Bishop on 11:34 - Mar 11 by ElderGrizzly

He came here for Paul Lambert, he said as much in January. He's in the building, enjoying his football and playing in his position, why wouldn't he want to stay?

I can see Lambert saying to him 'give me one season in League 1, be my main man'.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he'll sign a new deal before the season is out.

We all live in an Alan Judge world.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Teddy Bishop on 11:49 - Mar 11 with 3563 viewstextbackup

Teddy Bishop on 11:44 - Mar 11 by ElderGrizzly

That’s the key selling point for me too. We would build round him here, but he would likely be a bit part player in the Championship?

All depends on money vs playing time I guess

He strikes me as a player that adores football, just having a ball at his feet. He literally pops up everywhere on the pitch to have it.
I can't imagine he'd want to be bit part considering the time he spent out injured. I think he'll stay here.

Teddy Bishop on 12:20 - Mar 11 with 3435 viewspatrickswell

on 11:20 - Mar 11 by _

One very small addition to that as well, but after Reading scored their winner, I let my eyes drift back up the pitch away from their celebrations and spotted Bishop frantically trying to encourage the team to keep going. It got lost in the post mortems, but that was only his second completed 90 mins for the first team. I assume that 3 games in a week coming up influenced Lambert’s decision to sub him off at 72 minutes this week.

It’s a small thing, but I was pleased to see the desire there. It matters to him, which it could easily not have done after so long on the sidelines.
Teddy Bishop on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 3306 viewsWarkTheWark

Teddy Bishop on 11:47 - Mar 11 by Kieran_Knows

He came here for Paul Lambert, he said as much in January. He's in the building, enjoying his football and playing in his position, why wouldn't he want to stay?

I can see Lambert saying to him 'give me one season in League 1, be my main man'.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he'll sign a new deal before the season is out.

We all live in an Alan Judge world.

You'd hope so, and i'm sure that it is the case. I think Lambert sees a great opportunity to do another "Norwich" but with a bigger club that potentially has more longevity in tenure for him.

For what it's worth with Judge i think we can contribute - I remember the majority of the stadium singing "Johnny Williams, we want you stay" back in his first spell here - i'm sure that helped make his mind up when coming back. The human element in this sort of thing is often overlooked.
Teddy Bishop on 13:12 - Mar 11 with 3201 viewsfactual_blue

on 11:08 - Mar 11 by _

*Scepticism*

You're not a Yank - stop behaving like one.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Teddy Bishop on 13:21 - Mar 11 with 3148 viewsBluebell

Teddy Bishop on 13:12 - Mar 11 by factual_blue

*Scepticism*

Perhaps his spellcheck is American.

That's the excuse I use anyway!
Teddy Bishop on 13:22 - Mar 11 with 3144 viewsWickets

Teddy Bishop on 13:12 - Mar 11 by factual_blue

*Scepticism*

We all love the spelling police !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024