Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum 18:00 - Mar 14 with 15956 viewspickles110564

As it was agreed in their party conference, i said at the time Corbyn would not allow it.
i was shouted down by several saying that Corbyn would back one, how come they have just rejected the vote to have one?
Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:10 - Mar 14 with 4611 viewsNo9

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:05 - Mar 14 by pickles110564

If there was another vote, the only possible questions would be May's deal or no deal.
We have already given the choice of remain and it was rejected.

Confirmed, you don't understand the parliamentary process
& it's begining to show that you have no idea what brexit means
Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:13 - Mar 14 with 4610 viewsJ2BLUE

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 19:35 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

No. That kind of stuff is pointless.

My contact was in the professional realm.

What kind of burger did he order?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:18 - Mar 14 with 4601 viewspickles110564

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:10 - Mar 14 by No9

Confirmed, you don't understand the parliamentary process
& it's begining to show that you have no idea what brexit means

I do i voted to leave the EU and everything it stands for, no deal was always the way forward.
Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:20 - Mar 14 with 4595 viewsJ2BLUE

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:18 - Mar 14 by pickles110564

I do i voted to leave the EU and everything it stands for, no deal was always the way forward.

Brexit is going to be stolen away from you my friend. It's not going to be stolen by remainers because they were always remainers. It's probably not going to be stolen by the newly 18. It's going to be stolen from you by leavers who have seen the light.

Truly impaired.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:20 - Mar 14 with 4593 viewsHerbivore

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:18 - Mar 14 by pickles110564

Plenty of leave voters didn't vote for that. The leave campaign didn't run on that either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:21 - Mar 14 with 4588 viewsHerbivore

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:20 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Brexit is going to be stolen away from you my friend. It's not going to be stolen by remainers because they were always remainers. It's probably not going to be stolen by the newly 18. It's going to be stolen from you by leavers who have seen the light.

Nah, it's too late. Brexit will happen.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:23 - Mar 14 with 4585 viewsm14_blue

Could you point me in the direction of just one prominent leaver advocating no deal prior to the referendum?

This was going to be the easiest deal in history remember, we could have our cake and eat it, after all they need us more than we need them don’t they?

This idea that no deal was always the plan is revisionist BS from people too gutless to admit they were duped.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 20:24]
Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:24 - Mar 14 with 4584 viewsJ2BLUE

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:21 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

Nah, it's too late. Brexit will happen.

Disagree.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:27 - Mar 14 with 4581 viewsTrequartista

It was purely tactical to give themselves a better chance later on. The Peoples Vote campaign approved of the abstentions.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:29 - Mar 14 with 4573 viewsHerbivore

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:24 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Disagree.

How do you see things playing out then? For me it's clear that May will keep bringing her deal back until the DUP and ERG come onside and vote it through. It might happen as early as next week.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:30 - Mar 14 with 4569 viewsNo9

You voted to leave the EU well done.
It still doesn't show you understand what you voted for.
Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:31 - Mar 14 with 4568 viewsJ2BLUE

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:29 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

How do you see things playing out then? For me it's clear that May will keep bringing her deal back until the DUP and ERG come onside and vote it through. It might happen as early as next week.

Deal voted down, a longer extension, voting for MEPs to take place which will be a convenient problem solver if we do stay, more deadlock, more frustration until finally there is a majority for referendum 2.0. 1,000,000+ leavers defect to remain. Remain win.

Truly impaired.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:34 - Mar 14 with 4562 viewsHerbivore

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:31 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Deal voted down, a longer extension, voting for MEPs to take place which will be a convenient problem solver if we do stay, more deadlock, more frustration until finally there is a majority for referendum 2.0. 1,000,000+ leavers defect to remain. Remain win.

We'll see. I'd be very surprised if that plays out. Currently it is Brexiteers blocking Brexit and when they sense that it may slip from their grasp I expect them to fall into line and get the deal through grudgingly.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:37 - Mar 14 with 4558 viewsBackToRussia

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 19:23 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Sandy Martin is a tool. I regret my part in overthrowing Ben Gummer.

Why do you say that? I've found him quite good. It did help he said he'd join my farm as a member.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:43 - Mar 14 with 4548 viewsfooters

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:37 - Mar 14 by BackToRussia

Why do you say that? I've found him quite good. It did help he said he'd join my farm as a member.

He will only attempt to unsettle the workers, dissolve the union and privatise it, brother. Do not let him in.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:45 - Mar 14 with 4541 viewsBackToRussia

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:43 - Mar 14 by footers

He will only attempt to unsettle the workers, dissolve the union and privatise it, brother. Do not let him in.

That's some chico-esque levels of political confusion there.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:46 - Mar 14 with 4538 viewsfooters

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:45 - Mar 14 by BackToRussia

That's some chico-esque levels of political confusion there.

I haven't read your farm plans so we may be at cross-purposes. Apologies. Forward to freedom.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:54 - Mar 14 with 4515 viewsBackToRussia

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:46 - Mar 14 by footers

I haven't read your farm plans so we may be at cross-purposes. Apologies. Forward to freedom.

Oh did you think I meant Gummer? Nah, Martin's the one wanting to join.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:59 - Mar 14 with 4508 viewsfooters

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:54 - Mar 14 by BackToRussia

Oh did you think I meant Gummer? Nah, Martin's the one wanting to join.

All this talk of the family Gummer makes me fancy a burger tomorrow. Will your farm produce beef?

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:32 - Mar 14 with 4451 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 19:22 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

The Lib's offered it at the last GE and the British public wasn't interested in the option.

That or the Libs have become unelectable and at least Labour's position was unclear enough people thought they might reverse it.

I think the tide has turned further from leave since that general election but the majority of the country did not have a realistic option to vote for the referendum. Had one major party offered it and the other not, then yes the argument would hold.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:35 - Mar 14 with 4449 viewsWeWereZombies

Just in from 'Best For Britain'

'Good news! Parliament has just finished voting to extend Article 50!
We are making progress. On Tuesday, May's deal suffered its second crushing defeat, last night Parliament said it would take no deal off the table and tonight Parliament voted to extend article 50.

Jeremy Corbyn also reiterated Labour's policy. Labour will support a public vote on Brexit to break the deadlock in Parliament.'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:41 - Mar 14 with 4436 viewsStokieBlue

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:35 - Mar 14 by WeWereZombies

Just in from 'Best For Britain'

'Good news! Parliament has just finished voting to extend Article 50!
We are making progress. On Tuesday, May's deal suffered its second crushing defeat, last night Parliament said it would take no deal off the table and tonight Parliament voted to extend article 50.

Jeremy Corbyn also reiterated Labour's policy. Labour will support a public vote on Brexit to break the deadlock in Parliament.'

He's just sacked 4 shadow ministers for supporting a public vote on Brexit so the last line seems a bit premature.

Still, the Tories own chief whip can't even bring himself to vote for the government so it could be worse. What a shower.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:42 - Mar 14 with 4433 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 20:31 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

I think the stumbling block for that will be when the EU reject the extension (probably requested around the 29th) and we are left with the choice of revoke Article 50 or suddenly leave with May's deal or no deal and no preparation for it at all and both against the stated will of parliament. EDIT Didn't keep up with parliament having voted for that tonight so she will presumably go to Brussells with the request tomorrow. Rest of my point stands with only 2 weeks to go, though.

What realistic choice would May have at that point? Do her negotiating skills so far inspire you with any confidence that she will come up with something that would convince every remaining member of the union that an extension is anything other than further delaying tactics? Maybe, if she promised a second referendum. Maybe if she promised a general election. Even then, I doubt either would convince them all. Indeed, would the EU be able to meet and agree an extension by the time she requested it?

Which way would May jump when she has finally put herself in that position? Is it her game plan to force her deal against parliamentary democracy at that point? Would that alienate around 66% of her party and the population? She has the potential to do extreme damage and I suspect that is the likely outcome.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 22:53]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:49 - Mar 14 with 4423 viewsfooters

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:41 - Mar 14 by StokieBlue

He's just sacked 4 shadow ministers for supporting a public vote on Brexit so the last line seems a bit premature.

Still, the Tories own chief whip can't even bring himself to vote for the government so it could be worse. What a shower.

SB

Can't allow rebel shadow ministers or ministers to deny the whip, citizen. Which is why May has allowed all of those who voted against her to remain in post.

As Tone once had it: Weak. Weak. Weak.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 23:00 - Mar 14 with 4412 viewsRyorry

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum on 22:41 - Mar 14 by StokieBlue

SB

I didn't even know that regarding Julian Smith (my constituency MP) - haha - bit late in the day for him to finally start showing some backbone though!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024