Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50407 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:18 - Mar 18 with 4301 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:17 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Cheers for at least watching, unlike Unbelievablue.

I'd like to reiterate I'm not basing my thoughts ENTIRELY on this video.

But you said the video is irrefutable evidence that they did it.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:19 - Mar 18 with 4298 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 12:32 - Mar 18 by _

I have stated in the thread, on its own that video wouldn't stand up in court.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:20 - Mar 18 with 4294 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:19 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

I have stated in the thread, on its own that video wouldn't stand up in court.

You've also called it irrefutable and damning evidence. It's neither, however convincing it might be, because it's an opinion by a language expert.

I'm off.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:24 - Mar 18 with 4274 viewsZedRodgers

Something I would hope most people agree on the abuse the parents have received for an unproven accusation is disgusting. I will never understand the type of mind that can produce twisted jokes about something like this, even if they have been made in private.

Sky News' Kate McCann probably sees the worst of it on social media.

This is quite alarming:

[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 13:25]

No, not at the moment

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:30 - Mar 18 with 4251 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:17 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Cheers for at least watching, unlike Unbelievablue.

I'd like to reiterate I'm not basing my thoughts ENTIRELY on this video.

I have 45 minutes of it left. The part where she talks about the wind coming through the curtains and revealing she was gone is much more damning than the past tense stuff in my opinion. Things happened in the past and they are using past tense. How shocking.

I will watch the rest. I paused it to have a shave as my face gets itchy as hell if I don't shave every few days. Bloody hair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:35 - Mar 18 with 4239 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:24 - Mar 18 by ZedRodgers

Something I would hope most people agree on the abuse the parents have received for an unproven accusation is disgusting. I will never understand the type of mind that can produce twisted jokes about something like this, even if they have been made in private.

This is quite alarming:

This is one of the reasons I find trial by social media so abhorrent.

I'd hazard a wild guess that those who think it's acceptable have never considered how they might feel in the circumstances if they were accused but innocent.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:38 - Mar 18 with 4224 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:18 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

But you said the video is irrefutable evidence that they did it.

No I didn't. You've failed to read my posts properly.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:41 - Mar 18 with 4213 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:30 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I have 45 minutes of it left. The part where she talks about the wind coming through the curtains and revealing she was gone is much more damning than the past tense stuff in my opinion. Things happened in the past and they are using past tense. How shocking.

I will watch the rest. I paused it to have a shave as my face gets itchy as hell if I don't shave every few days. Bloody hair.

As I said, it builds up. Cheers again for actually watching.

The answer to your hair problem is to grow it. Past a certain length it stops itching ...and women much hotter than you ought to get will love it!

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:43 - Mar 18 with 4205 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:41 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

The answer to your hair problem is to grow it. Past a certain length it stops itching ...and women much hotter than you ought to get will love it!

Men with beards and moustaches have something to hide.

I'm watching you, Dollers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:43 - Mar 18 with 4204 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:41 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

You reckon I could get solid 4/10s with a beard? I'm sceptical.

Truly impaired.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:43 - Mar 18 with 4202 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:43 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

You reckon I could get solid 4/10s with a beard? I'm sceptical.

Does she have to have a beard?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:46 - Mar 18 with 4188 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:38 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

No I didn't. You've failed to read my posts properly.

“But if you watch this video from when I said, and keep watching, there is so much that builds up it becomes irrefutable IMO.”

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:51 - Mar 18 with 4167 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:45 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Any subtle difference from a statement could reveal their guilt. Any shifting of timelines etc which wouldn't be obvious when it's being proofread.

Again, i'm not saying they are guilty or not guilty. I have access to a tiny part of the overall evidence and much of that is presented by people who are pushing the idea that the McCanns are guilty.

Well exactly - I just find the idea that they would suddenly let things slip in a book they didn’t have to publish (and would have no reason to do so if they were guilty) laughable

Think itfcjoe is pretty close to the mark on this. There’s obviously some questionable decisions and inconsistencies but they can be pretty easily explained - either as things which happened in the heat of the moment or covering up their lax parenting. Unless there is some actual evidence which comes to light, I find the accusations and various rumours spread to be rather distasteful in the extreme

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:56 - Mar 18 with 4151 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:51 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well exactly - I just find the idea that they would suddenly let things slip in a book they didn’t have to publish (and would have no reason to do so if they were guilty) laughable

Think itfcjoe is pretty close to the mark on this. There’s obviously some questionable decisions and inconsistencies but they can be pretty easily explained - either as things which happened in the heat of the moment or covering up their lax parenting. Unless there is some actual evidence which comes to light, I find the accusations and various rumours spread to be rather distasteful in the extreme

Dolly's video is getting more interesting now. It's clearly not proof but it does make you think. He's now coming across like he really knows what he is talking about. Frankly the first half of what i've watched could be cut because he came across like a random in Wetherspoons playing amateur detective by being ultra pedantic.

Interesting stuff though in the last hour.

Truly impaired.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:06 - Mar 18 with 4128 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:46 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“But if you watch this video from when I said, and keep watching, there is so much that builds up it becomes irrefutable IMO.”

Where does that say "irrefutable evidence that they did it"?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:12 - Mar 18 with 4095 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:06 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Where does that say "irrefutable evidence that they did it"?

Sorry, what I should have posted was:

BrixtonBlue posted at 11:40
I really think they had something to do with it.

BrixtonBlue posted at 11:51
But if you watch this video from when I said, and keep watching, there is so much that builds up it becomes irrefutable IMO.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:13 - Mar 18 with 4089 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:56 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Dolly's video is getting more interesting now. It's clearly not proof but it does make you think. He's now coming across like he really knows what he is talking about. Frankly the first half of what i've watched could be cut because he came across like a random in Wetherspoons playing amateur detective by being ultra pedantic.

Interesting stuff though in the last hour.

Maybe I started people off at the wrong point but I felt it best to give the full picture. Problem is I'm already swayed having watched the full thing. People coming in fresh are at a disadvantage.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:16 - Mar 18 with 4079 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:12 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry, what I should have posted was:

BrixtonBlue posted at 11:40
I really think they had something to do with it.

BrixtonBlue posted at 11:51
But if you watch this video from when I said, and keep watching, there is so much that builds up it becomes irrefutable IMO.

"something to do with it" doesn't mean "they did it". Do you know how language works?

Like Libbers, I think it's irrefutable that they know more.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:20 - Mar 18 with 4062 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:16 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

"something to do with it" doesn't mean "they did it". Do you know how language works?

"You think" "it's irrefutable" - well I'm no language expert, but I'm not sure how those two pairs of words are consistent with each other in that context!

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 4047 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:16 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Well I know what irrefutable means for a start...

Actual LOL that that was the point you were arguing btw. Standard Dolly
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 14:25]

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:26 - Mar 18 with 4040 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:13 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Maybe I started people off at the wrong point but I felt it best to give the full picture. Problem is I'm already swayed having watched the full thing. People coming in fresh are at a disadvantage.

It's interesting. It raises one important question for me though. He's obviously not the only one with that training. If lots of people with that training have looked at the evidence and come to the same conclusions he does, why have they not turned the screws on the McCanns? Especially when he says there is a strong possibility of sexual abuse and they had two young kids at the time. I realise you can't just make evidence appear out of thin air and that outright proof is hard to get but there does seem to be quite a few directions they can go in to try and catch them out.

I would argue that the irrelevant parts of their story are also filler because they might genuinely not know what happened to her and are filling in as much info as possible even if it's pointless.

Lots to think about at the end of that video. Everything can be looked at in two ways though. Why weren't they part of the Netflix production? Are they worried that eventually someone is going to discover the missing piece of the jigsaw? Kate's reasoning is that there is still an investigation ongoing and they didn't want to jeopardise it which is fair enough. Seems to be lots of small pieces of info where you can go either way with it.

I remain unconvinced they had anything to do with it. I do think there is more to the story though, even if it is something minor like them not checking on the kids anywhere near as often as they say.

Truly impaired.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 4020 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:23 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

I also reckon, had they not been white middle-class doctors, a lot more uncomfortable questions would have been asked as to why their children were left in an unlocked hotel room whilst they went out on the pi55.

So yes, they got off bloody lightly when you consider darker-skinned/poorer parents would have had a very uncomfortable grilling from the good folks at Social Services.

How do you know that none of that happened?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:45 - Mar 18 with 3985 viewsBasuco

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:24 - Mar 18 by ZedRodgers

This is quite alarming:

The easiest way to stop the accusations and abuse would be to take a lie detector test and that would clear away all suggestion of their involvement. I am not sure if they were asked to take one and declined or not asked, but if I was in the same situation I would definitely want to take one to clear my reputation once and for all.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:54 - Mar 18 with 3964 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:45 - Mar 18 by Basuco

The easiest way to stop the accusations and abuse would be to take a lie detector test and that would clear away all suggestion of their involvement. I am not sure if they were asked to take one and declined or not asked, but if I was in the same situation I would definitely want to take one to clear my reputation once and for all.

I'd always be pretty wary/suspicious of those even if innocent, on the basis of what I once read by a psychiatrist - I call it the "blue horse theory", tho I don't know it's real name -

A psychiatrist was introducing his subject for the first time to a group of freshers at Uni. He tells them to shut their eyes and think of anything, anything they like, except a blue horse.

Needless to say when they open their eyes and are asked, the entire class had only thought of one thing - a blue horse.

I also think fear, including fear of being found guilty when you're actually innocent, can do funny things to the human body.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 15:00 - Mar 18 with 3942 viewsHerbivore

on 12:56 - Mar 18 by _

What are the pertinent unanswered questions?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024