Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... 13:10 - Mar 28 with 7314 viewsitfcjoe

....with either May's Deal or the Customs Union (Ken Clarke plan) vs Remain.

I think that accurately represents the 52:48 split of the initial referendum.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:17 - Mar 28 with 2933 viewswkj

3 option referendum are a disaster waiting to happen. 2 leave option vs 1 remain opens a possible issue where as if 40% vote on remain and 30% for each of the leave options, what is defined as the winning opinion?

Or indeed 48% remain and 52% between the two leave options.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 13:20]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:19 - Mar 28 with 2923 viewsLord_Lucan

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:17 - Mar 28 by wkj

3 option referendum are a disaster waiting to happen. 2 leave option vs 1 remain opens a possible issue where as if 40% vote on remain and 30% for each of the leave options, what is defined as the winning opinion?

2 x leave options splits the leave vote in half - or do they prepare for that somehow?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:21 - Mar 28 with 2912 viewswkj

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:19 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

2 x leave options splits the leave vote in half - or do they prepare for that somehow?

i would assume they would have to remove one of the options outright. The debacle then becomes what option, as all 3 are credible by themselves, and all 3 are controversial if left out.

Crybaby

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:25 - Mar 28 with 2885 viewsStokieBlue

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:17 - Mar 28 by wkj

He said "or" so it would be a 2 option vote.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:25 - Mar 28 with 2871 viewsFather_Jack

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:21 - Mar 28 by wkj

i would assume they would have to remove one of the options outright. The debacle then becomes what option, as all 3 are credible by themselves, and all 3 are controversial if left out.

All they need to do is say Remain wins only if it gets > 50%.

Less is more.

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:29 - Mar 28 with 2834 viewswkj

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:25 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

He said "or" so it would be a 2 option vote.

SB

He did, this is true, though the thought process is considering 3 options, who makes the choice of what to omit.

Crybaby

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:35 - Mar 28 with 2790 viewsStokieBlue

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:29 - Mar 28 by wkj

He did, this is true, though the thought process is considering 3 options, who makes the choice of what to omit.

Just have two options: Remain vs Remain.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:36 - Mar 28 with 2788 viewswkj

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:35 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

Just have two options: Remain vs Remain.

SB

I stand corrected

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:41 - Mar 28 with 2759 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best of 3...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:42 - Mar 28 with 2749 viewsitfcjoe

Sorry for being unclear - as Stokie pointed out I meant one of the leave options vs Remain.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:43 - Mar 28 with 2752 viewssotd78

Why is it so difficult? Can't our clever Electorate cope with two questions?

Q1 Do you wish to Leave or Remain (put a cross in one box only)

Q2 In the event that the majority vote to leave which Brexit would you like:
Put a cross in one choice only.

Democracy in action. Clear directive for MP's to follow.
Simples?

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:46 - Mar 28 with 2736 viewswkj

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:43 - Mar 28 by sotd78

Simples?

That could conflict some voters from voting as some may prefer only one of the leave options to the remain option.

Crybaby

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:58 - Mar 28 with 2654 viewssotd78

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:46 - Mar 28 by wkj

That could conflict some voters from voting as some may prefer only one of the leave options to the remain option.

Not sure why that's any more of a problem than what we have now? If the majority of the country (as now apparently) want to leave then the whole country should get a say in what way we leave. That will stop the disunity afterwards and go a long way to reuniting the country?

Isn't this where we are stuck now?
Leave means Leave!
But as we now know leave means one of many deals. We might have to ask our elected representatives to give us just a choice of say two ways to leave?

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:59 - Mar 28 with 2650 viewsLord_Lucan

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:43 - Mar 28 by sotd78

Simples?

I don't think that works.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:03 - Mar 28 with 2626 viewswkj

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:58 - Mar 28 by sotd78

Not sure why that's any more of a problem than what we have now? If the majority of the country (as now apparently) want to leave then the whole country should get a say in what way we leave. That will stop the disunity afterwards and go a long way to reuniting the country?

Isn't this where we are stuck now?
Leave means Leave!
But as we now know leave means one of many deals. We might have to ask our elected representatives to give us just a choice of say two ways to leave?

I know there was only so much pre-planning one could do, though Cameron should have had a mostly clear idea of what leave meant before opening the referendum, failing that, the house before triggering article 50.

I would personally not really mind so much about leaving the EU if I had trust in the governments vision of how to go about it. Now we face the idea that it will be a new government to deal with the consequences of what this one decides.

A lot of what ifs here, though it all centres around a poorly run processes with limited clarity.

Crybaby

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:03 - Mar 28 with 2621 viewsJ2BLUE

Elimination two stage referendum is the best idea IMO

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:10 - Mar 28 with 2584 viewsWithnail

Seeing as we've already voted to leave, remain option shouldn't be on the ballot. The vote has to be how we leave.

2nd vote won't happen anyway. Sh1t will kick off and then Hello UK Trump. They know this.
So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:10 - Mar 28 with 2577 viewsSpruceMoose

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:10 - Mar 28 by Withnail

Seeing as we've already voted to leave, remain option shouldn't be on the ballot. The vote has to be how we leave.

2nd vote won't happen anyway. Sh1t will kick off and then Hello UK Trump. They know this.

Bahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Good one hun x

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:11 - Mar 28 with 2563 viewsWithnail

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:10 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

Bahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Good one hun x

Have I ruined your echo chamber for a moment.

Man up, snowdrop.
So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:12 - Mar 28 with 2557 viewspickles110564

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:10 - Mar 28 by Withnail

Only possible vote is May's deal or no deal.
Remain has already lost.
So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:12 - Mar 28 with 2555 viewsHerbivore

Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:12 - Mar 28 with 2552 viewsJ2BLUE

The day we vote to remain, please come on here.

Truly impaired.

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:13 - Mar 28 with 2547 viewsHerbivore

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:12 - Mar 28 by pickles110564

Remain has already lost.

Oh pickles.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:15 - Mar 28 with 2533 viewsITFC_Forever

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:12 - Mar 28 by pickles110564

Remain has already lost.

A loss to lies, untruths and illegalness* isn't a loss.

*I don't care if I've made it up.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:15 - Mar 28 with 2532 viewsJ2BLUE

Remain has already lost.

You realise that just saying things doesn't make them true right?

Do you really think the government would dare have a second referendum without remain? Remainers are the driving force behind a second referendum. It would be political suicide.

You're going to have to face reality soon Pickles.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024