Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't need a massive overhaul do we? 13:25 - Mar 18 with 5999 viewsMrTown

I thought originally we needed massive changes at the club if we go down, but i think recent performances suggest actually that is far from the case. I think given the situation that occurred last summer the less the influx of players the better.

GK (dependent upon Bart moving on)
RB (competition with Emmanuel)
CB (add to Chambers, Woolfenden, Nsiala & possibly Ndaba)
LB (competition to Kenlock)
could argue another winger if Judge doesn't sign (but we do have Rowe, Ward, Sears & Lankester out at the moment)

Just really need to solidify and settle that back four.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:33 - Mar 18 with 5543 viewsunstableblue

I think the much needed overhaul was as much about playing style and linking to the playing style of the academy - both which we had effectively fecked up over a number of years.

I feel both of these are close to being fixed given the shape and system being played and the amount of youth coming through.

However, we are still prone to defensive hiccups and we are not clinical enough. And this is the squad element of the 'overhaul' you focus upon. Full backs, energetic holding mids and a creative mid, as well as of course strikers is where we had either not fulfilled those positions for years, or gambles on lower level players under Hurst.

Our number one target needs to be a striker to dominate opponents, supported by harrison, jackons, sears, and lankester.

I agree we need competition for Emmanuel and Kenlock, albeit both I think can make the step up at the lower level. But just look at Bree, what a difference. We've effectively needed Bree for about 5 seasons.

Then I think we need to consider whether Downes and Skuse can be be that BIG player for us. I'm not so sure. And I think you may see an addition there.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:35 - Mar 18 with 5536 viewschristiand

We need a striker that knows how to put the ball in the net. The Norwood link, at the weekend, was encouraging and the type of player we need. I know others will say yes, but Jackson played in League 2 and scored goals, but not at the rate and consistency of Norwood. Although Jackson I feel is getting there and in time will prove a decent signing. Need to tie down Judge, he'll be able to change games in League One. Chalobah will be a huge loss, look at his impact on Saturday. Can Downes or Dozzell step up? Just believe PL and ST need one or two key signings to add to the squad, but I don't think we're far away from a very competitive side. I'm looking forward to getting rid of some of the fat, too many earning a living for little in return at our club.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:36 - Mar 18 with 5531 viewsbaxterbasics

If we can keep this squad largely intact post relegation, I would expect them to do well.

Not guaranteed of course!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:39 - Mar 18 with 5516 viewsFrimleyBlue

If I was ME i'd be using every penny I can first to keep Judge and Keane. Then work on the others incomings.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:41 - Mar 18 with 5505 viewsfooters

Get rid of the merry-go-round manager. We need some fresh blood from the lower leagues.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:54 - Mar 18 with 5446 viewsGarv

Suddenly midfield looks a lot more tidy than in recent years, obviously dependent on fitness and Judge signing. Could just do with a bit more physicality in there, i.e a Chalobah replacement.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:05 - Mar 18 with 5410 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So potentially a new goalkeeper, pretty much every position in defence, wingers and not listed by you but I expect at least one striker will be on the list

Not much then!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:07 - Mar 18 with 5393 viewsDeano69

Its up front that needs most attention (depending on who ships out).

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:12 - Mar 18 with 5364 viewsMrTown

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:41 - Mar 18 by footers

Get rid of the merry-go-round manager. We need some fresh blood from the lower leagues.

It’s painful how little seem to know about football.

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:13 - Mar 18 with 5354 viewsMrTown

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:05 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So potentially a new goalkeeper, pretty much every position in defence, wingers and not listed by you but I expect at least one striker will be on the list

Not much then!

Three positions at the back.

A GK and Winger are only dependant upon departures.

As someone said, the Norwood link is encouraging.

In my opinion it won’t be a massive overhaul.

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:15 - Mar 18 with 5345 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:13 - Mar 18 by MrTown

Three positions at the back.

A GK and Winger are only dependant upon departures.

As someone said, the Norwood link is encouraging.

In my opinion it won’t be a massive overhaul.

We’ll sign at least 7 players - maybe only 5 brand new ones if both Judge and Keane stay but I’m doubtful that we’ll get both, tbh

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:17 - Mar 18 with 5342 viewsMrTown

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:15 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We’ll sign at least 7 players - maybe only 5 brand new ones if both Judge and Keane stay but I’m doubtful that we’ll get both, tbh

I think 6 is what will come in, only Bart contracted player to leave for a few.

Keane imo won’t stay.

And the longer Judge talks go on, less likely imo he’ll stay. Which will be a massive shame.

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:17 - Mar 18 with 5342 viewsSmithy

We will lose around 20 players at the season regardless...

Loans (6)

Keane
Quaner
Bree
Elder
Chalobah
Pennington

End of Contract (10)

Gerken
Knudsen
Spence
Ward
Adeyemi
McKendry
Webber
Collins
Smith
Dawkins

Transfer listed? (6)

Donacien
Rowe
Roberts
Nsiala
Drinan
Cotter

Out of Contract to be kept on? (4)

Emmanuel
Kenlock
Judge
Crowe

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:19 - Mar 18 with 5327 viewsfooters

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:12 - Mar 18 by MrTown

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:20 - Mar 18 with 5324 viewsMrTown

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:17 - Mar 18 by Smithy

Loans (6)

Keane
Quaner
Bree
Elder
Chalobah
Pennington

End of Contract (10)

Gerken
Knudsen
Spence
Ward
Adeyemi
McKendry
Webber
Collins
Smith
Dawkins

Transfer listed? (6)

Donacien
Rowe
Roberts
Nsiala
Drinan
Cotter

Emmanuel
Kenlock
Judge
Crowe

We know the loans are going back. With the expection of Elder most Town fans will be wise enough to realise we can’t keep hold of them.

Out of the rest only Kenlock and Judge have been 1st team regulars and Nsiala won’t be listed.
Emmanuel and Kenlock deals I’m sure will be done.

The rest have really played a little role anyway and won’t seem as much of a miss as they haven’t played a significant role anyway.

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 5282 viewschicoazul

As things stand after the last game we have Skuse Chambers Bart Mini Roy's buys and the kids. So yes, we do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 5268 viewschicoazul

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:17 - Mar 18 by Smithy

Loans (6)

Keane
Quaner
Bree
Elder
Chalobah
Pennington

End of Contract (10)

Gerken
Knudsen
Spence
Ward
Adeyemi
McKendry
Webber
Collins
Smith
Dawkins

Transfer listed? (6)

Donacien
Rowe
Roberts
Nsiala
Drinan
Cotter

Emmanuel
Kenlock
Judge
Crowe

I have been saying this for months yet everyone ignores/shouts at me about it. We currently have about 12 players with first team experience for next season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 15:41 - Mar 18 with 5150 viewsBlueBadger

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:12 - Mar 18 by MrTown

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 15:46 - Mar 18 with 5134 viewsKieran_Knows

This was my expectation the other day. I don't think we'll need an overhaul, but I suspect we'll see one ... I'm pretty sure PL has said as much in the past as well.

My view on the squad is something along the lines of...

Stay;
Chambers
Edwards
Skuse
Nolan
Bishop
Nydam
Sears
Downes
Dozzell
Emmanuel
Wright
Kenlock
Woolfenden
Lankester

Hopeful of staying;
Keane
Judge
Bart

Definitely released/sold;
Donacien
Knudsen
Spence
Rowe
Roberts
Adeyemi
Collins
Dawkins

50/50;
Jackson
Harrison
Ward
Nsiala
Huws

Plus the other 5 loan players all returning to their clubs.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 15:48]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 15:55 - Mar 18 with 5108 viewsBlueBadger

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:17 - Mar 18 by MrTown

I think 6 is what will come in, only Bart contracted player to leave for a few.

Keane imo won’t stay.

And the longer Judge talks go on, less likely imo he’ll stay. Which will be a massive shame.

I suspect that Huws will end up getting released. I imagine he's on a fair wage and his injury troubles show no sign of resolving.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 17:56 - Mar 18 with 5019 viewsbilllm

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:39 - Mar 18 by FrimleyBlue

If I was ME i'd be using every penny I can first to keep Judge and Keane. Then work on the others incomings.

That's excactly what we should do,most of the rest of the squad is more than capable of top half those two elevate us to top six and more
We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 19:00 - Mar 18 with 4938 viewsGuthrum

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 14:31 - Mar 18 by chicoazul

I have been saying this for months yet everyone ignores/shouts at me about it. We currently have about 12 players with first team experience for next season.

Indeed, when people speak of "only playing those we know are going to be here next season", that is quite a small number - and even some of those may leave if enticed away or preferring not to drop a division.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 21:03 - Mar 18 with 4780 viewsPJH

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 19:00 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

Indeed, when people speak of "only playing those we know are going to be here next season", that is quite a small number - and even some of those may leave if enticed away or preferring not to drop a division.

Yes, if we only play those that are fit and that we "know" will be here next season we will hardly be able to field a five-a-side team.
There are a lot of players under contract for next season (and beyond)but not too many that, for various reasons, you can more or less guarantee will be here.
We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 21:54 - Mar 18 with 4714 viewsHARRY10

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 13:36 - Mar 18 by baxterbasics

If we can keep this squad largely intact post relegation, I would expect them to do well.

Not guaranteed of course!

Collins
Judge
Sears
Spence
Quaner
Gerken
Knudsen
Ward
Emmanuel
Keane
Pennington
Bree
Kenlock
Chalobah

Are all out of contract in June - so that's 14 of the squad we won't be 'keeping together' as things stand.

If their total wages amount to £7m then that will cover the £7m loss we will suffer from TV money, STs etc

Where will the money come from for signings to replace those, as being out of contract/loan we will get no fees for any of them ? But we will need to cover wage costs for any new players/loans.

That, I'm afraid, is the stark reality of what faces us.
We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 08:22 - Mar 19 with 4487 viewsBluePG

We don't need a massive overhaul do we? on 21:54 - Mar 18 by HARRY10

Collins
Judge
Sears
Spence
Quaner
Gerken
Knudsen
Ward
Emmanuel
Keane
Pennington
Bree
Kenlock
Chalobah

Are all out of contract in June - so that's 14 of the squad we won't be 'keeping together' as things stand.

If their total wages amount to £7m then that will cover the £7m loss we will suffer from TV money, STs etc

Where will the money come from for signings to replace those, as being out of contract/loan we will get no fees for any of them ? But we will need to cover wage costs for any new players/loans.

That, I'm afraid, is the stark reality of what faces us.

Agree. The wages at any club are eye watering. The supposed £7m loss of income will mean zero transfer fees will be paid. To decimate our wage bill will mean that nearly every ‘senior’ player will need to be sold, even for a peppercorn amount.

Poll: Best Dane?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024