Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... 10:32 - Apr 3 with 12805 viewsitfcjoe

Have a look at this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:14 - Apr 3 with 1746 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:03 - Apr 3 by footers

What do you make of the Tory party funding and arming the Wahhabist Saudi terrorist regime, which we then have to mop up?

How did peace in NI come about- was it a decisive military victory or a peaceful, negotiated treaty which required opposing sides to agree?

But Corbyn took no part in a peaceful, negotiated treaty. He sided with the IRA, honoured their military personnel and voted against the Anglo/Irish agreement . There is no record of him doing the same with members of the unionist paramilitary organizations.

As Seamus Mallon, somebody who was involved in the peaceful, negotiated treaty said "I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:17 - Apr 3 with 1723 viewsDarth_Koont

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:14 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

But Corbyn took no part in a peaceful, negotiated treaty. He sided with the IRA, honoured their military personnel and voted against the Anglo/Irish agreement . There is no record of him doing the same with members of the unionist paramilitary organizations.

As Seamus Mallon, somebody who was involved in the peaceful, negotiated treaty said "I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

Opinions ...

Well, it's not opinion to say peace was achieved when we actually sat down with them and talked (despite that supposedly being always off the table).

Pronouns: He/Him

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:22 - Apr 3 with 1702 viewsfooters

He didn't 'side with the IRA' but with Sinn Fein. The Tories met with the IRA. Will you condemn them?

Tbh, as someone with skin in this particular game I would rather not go too deep into the subject.

People have expressed a view of a united Ireland, which I am, and many of my family were, sympathetic to. Let's leave it there.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:25 - Apr 3 with 1686 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:17 - Apr 3 by Darth_Koont

Opinions ...

Well, it's not opinion to say peace was achieved when we actually sat down with them and talked (despite that supposedly being always off the table).

"He very clearly took the side of the IRA". At a time when they were slaughtering innocent civilians in pubs and shopping centres.

Your opinion may be that is compatible with working for peace but it isn't mine. As neither of us will change our opinion let's leave it there.

Iron Lion Zion

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:29 - Apr 3 with 1668 viewsDarth_Koont

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:25 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

"He very clearly took the side of the IRA". At a time when they were slaughtering innocent civilians in pubs and shopping centres.

Your opinion may be that is compatible with working for peace but it isn't mine. As neither of us will change our opinion let's leave it there.

Yes, let's.

And maybe you can park your one-eyed Corbyn crusade too. It's been relatively free from the usual party political silliness these past few weeks.

Pronouns: He/Him

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:31 - Apr 3 with 1656 viewsBrixtonBlue

That's the smear campaign's side of the story.

Here's what Mr. Corbyn has to say himself;

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:33 - Apr 3 with 1648 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:22 - Apr 3 by footers

He didn't 'side with the IRA' but with Sinn Fein. The Tories met with the IRA. Will you condemn them?

Tbh, as someone with skin in this particular game I would rather not go too deep into the subject.

People have expressed a view of a united Ireland, which I am, and many of my family were, sympathetic to. Let's leave it there.

I don't believe John Major met with the IRA at a troops out rally, shared a platform at a troops out rally with an IRA terrorist on the run after shooting dead a member of the British security services or stood for a minutes silence to honour IRA bombers who were shot by British soldiers whilst attempting to blow up a police station.

I believe representatives of the British government sat down with the IRA in order to negotiate a peaceful solution.

A massive difference between a government sitting down and negotiating a peaceful settlement with both sides of an armed conflict on British soil and taking the side of one particular faction whilst honouring the people trying to kill and maim British civilians.

Absolutely nothing wrong in wanting a united Ireland. I agree that it's something that should be achieved by peaceful means. So did Seamus Mallon, which is why people like him joined the SDLP. Corbyn decided to side with and support the nationalist who took the violent route rather than the peaceful root.

And yes. We'll leave it there. It's been done many times before.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 21:05]

Iron Lion Zion

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:38 - Apr 3 with 1631 viewsfooters

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:33 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

I don't believe John Major met with the IRA at a troops out rally, shared a platform at a troops out rally with an IRA terrorist on the run after shooting dead a member of the British security services or stood for a minutes silence to honour IRA bombers who were shot by British soldiers whilst attempting to blow up a police station.

I believe representatives of the British government sat down with the IRA in order to negotiate a peaceful solution.

A massive difference between a government sitting down and negotiating a peaceful settlement with both sides of an armed conflict on British soil and taking the side of one particular faction whilst honouring the people trying to kill and maim British civilians.

Absolutely nothing wrong in wanting a united Ireland. I agree that it's something that should be achieved by peaceful means. So did Seamus Mallon, which is why people like him joined the SDLP. Corbyn decided to side with and support the nationalist who took the violent route rather than the peaceful root.

And yes. We'll leave it there. It's been done many times before.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 21:05]

Thanks for respecting my wishes.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:46 - Apr 3 with 1599 viewstractordownsouth

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:44 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

It's not much different to sticking a picture of someone on a dartboard.

It was only paintball rounds.

Are people really getting upset about this? Get a life springs to mind.

Just like the Jon Snow incident, it’s a stupid thing to do and shouldn’t have been done but absolutely nobody needs to get their knickers in a twist about it

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:47 - Apr 3 with 1597 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:29 - Apr 3 by Darth_Koont

Yes, let's.

And maybe you can park your one-eyed Corbyn crusade too. It's been relatively free from the usual party political silliness these past few weeks.

Thank you for your comments which have been taken on board.

You may have noted that I did not stay this thread and furthermore have condemned the soldiers using an image of Mr Corbyn for target practice.

Others made reference to his support of the IRA whilst others have defended him on the issue. Most strange that it is my comments you have taken issue with. Especially as I have been more than courteous with my posts.

Iron Lion Zion

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:49 - Apr 3 with 1595 viewsBluesquid

Mugs.
In 20 years time they'll be trying to self medicate their PTSD with illegal drugs whilst being homeless and living on the streets as a result of Tory party policies.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/least-13000-hero-soldiers-left-11847000
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:53 - Apr 3 with 1586 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:02 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

POTD!

Were shall I start?
Would you like examples of how HIS friends tried to scrub me in NI and on the mainland or shall I leave you to debate it with the Para Reg?

The Paras in the video show just what the Armed Forces and us Veterans think of him.
Having served on a couple of tours with Para reg I can tell you they are some of the finest men you could ever meet.

They are having some fun in their own way.

"Fine men....." Deluded.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bnp-claim-wide-army-support-18059
"The row came as a document apparently listing thousands of BNP members was posted on the internet today.

They included former senior members of the military, ......"

"But Mr Griffin, who was elected as an MEP earlier this year, told Sky News that his party was popular among the forces rank-and-file.

"I'm the one who talks to the families of young squaddies and large numbers of ex-servicemen and they all say that almost everyone at the coalface, fighting in Afghanistan, vote for the British National Party," he said."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 21:04 - Apr 3 with 1560 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 20:31 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

That's the smear campaign's side of the story.

Here's what Mr. Corbyn has to say himself;

You are accusing Seamus Mallon, one of the architects of the Northern Ireland peace process of smearing Corbyn? Oh my word.

Re your video; Corbyn told Neil: ‘I never met the IRA.’

Corbyn invited Gerry Adams, alongside two members of the Provisional IRA, Linda Quigley and Gerard McLoughlin, to the HOC weeks after the Brighton bombing. Ireland’s former Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said that, from all the evidence he has seen, Adams was not merely an IRA member but sat on its army council.

Corbyn also shared a platform at a 1994 rally with Angelo Fusco, an IRA terrorist on the run after shooting dead an SAS officer.

Diane Abbot, who has at least been more honest than Corbyn about her previous support of the IRA, dropped Jezza in it the day after his Andrew Neil interview by saying Corbyn shared platforms with Brendan McKenna, who was jailed for his role in bombing the British Legion hall in Portadown, and Raymond McCartney, a member of the Provisional IRA.

Iron Lion Zion

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 21:09 - Apr 3 with 1554 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Plus ça change.....
http://vfpuk.org/articles/racism-in-the-british-army/

"Towards the end of the 60s, General Sir Walter Walker, a former commander of NATO, who had fought in Malaya and Brunei, made a call: ‘To save Britain from the Communist Trojan Horse in our midst’ and claimed that Harold Wilson, the Labour Party leader: ‘Was a proven communist.’ On Northern Ireland Walker said:

“I have engaged in campaigns against blacks, yellows and slant eyes. Why should we have one rule for whites and one for coloureds? We have to decide if Northern Ireland is part of Britain or not — and if so, act accordingly.”

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 23:20 - Apr 3 with 1494 viewsBrixtonBlue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 21:04 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

You are accusing Seamus Mallon, one of the architects of the Northern Ireland peace process of smearing Corbyn? Oh my word.

Re your video; Corbyn told Neil: ‘I never met the IRA.’

Corbyn invited Gerry Adams, alongside two members of the Provisional IRA, Linda Quigley and Gerard McLoughlin, to the HOC weeks after the Brighton bombing. Ireland’s former Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said that, from all the evidence he has seen, Adams was not merely an IRA member but sat on its army council.

Corbyn also shared a platform at a 1994 rally with Angelo Fusco, an IRA terrorist on the run after shooting dead an SAS officer.

Diane Abbot, who has at least been more honest than Corbyn about her previous support of the IRA, dropped Jezza in it the day after his Andrew Neil interview by saying Corbyn shared platforms with Brendan McKenna, who was jailed for his role in bombing the British Legion hall in Portadown, and Raymond McCartney, a member of the Provisional IRA.

No I haven't accused Seamus Mallon of smearing Corbyn. I was accusing you of it.

You love this phrase "sharing a platform with" don't you? We all know it's political speak... but basically means "was on the same stage as, but I'm trying to make it look like he agreed with their views."

So transparent.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 23:26 - Apr 3 with 1489 viewsXYZ

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 23:20 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

No I haven't accused Seamus Mallon of smearing Corbyn. I was accusing you of it.

You love this phrase "sharing a platform with" don't you? We all know it's political speak... but basically means "was on the same stage as, but I'm trying to make it look like he agreed with their views."

So transparent.

I may be wrong, but I recall he denounced the "no platforming" thing that was de jour a couple of years ago.

I agree it's a smear. Sharing a stage does not equate to sharing views. Base, simplistic nonsense.

Populist, inflammatory nonsense.

Edit to add last para
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 23:28]
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 00:17 - Apr 4 with 1462 viewsbournemouthblue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:09 - Apr 3 by SouperJim

As a Corbyn supporter, I'm not remotely fussed about the video. I also think there should be zero comeback, in all probability none of the guys firing are in charge of the range anyway and likely one of their superiors put the target up there.

As you say, it's just a bit of fun and not worth getting snowflakey about.

That's fine but had this been a member of the Royal Family, the Right Wing Rags would be in full melt down mode

Corbyn could be their boss before too long, the absolute lemons

The irony of course is that he opposed a war where many of their colleagues will have died for a supposed unjust reasons

Labour are probably likely to fund them better than the cost cutting Tories also

They'd rather invest the trident cash into conventional military areas for example, not that Trident will ever be scrapped

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024