Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop on Skuse and next season 08:51 - Apr 12 with 3587 viewsMullet

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-midfielder-teddy-bishop-on-cole-skuse-

You have to wonder beyond a striker if Lambert will be looking for his own Shaun Derry type character to come in.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 08:57 - Apr 12 with 3022 viewsBluefish

How strange, Bishop seems to agree with me and those like me (this includes you). Perhaps he is a troll or doesn't go to games or whatever label is in fashion for those of us that seem to understand football
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 8:58]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:06 - Apr 12 with 2989 viewsBloots

.....that Skuse and indeed Chambo are going to vital to us next season is a bit of a tool.

We need their influence both on and off the pitch if we are going to have anywhere near a half decent season.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 09:17 - Apr 12 with 2951 viewsBlueBadger

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 08:57 - Apr 12 by Bluefish

How strange, Bishop seems to agree with me and those like me (this includes you). Perhaps he is a troll or doesn't go to games or whatever label is in fashion for those of us that seem to understand football

He probably just wants a proper manager like Mick in charge again, rather than a out-of-his-depth midget or a a chancer with a decent line in PR.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:23 - Apr 12 with 2939 viewsclive_baker

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:06 - Apr 12 by Bloots

.....that Skuse and indeed Chambo are going to vital to us next season is a bit of a tool.

We need their influence both on and off the pitch if we are going to have anywhere near a half decent season.

Getting into the realms of the classic Skuse debate here. It is possible to appreciate the need for an older, experienced, combative spine through the side, but not think Skuse is the man to do it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 2916 viewsPJH

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:23 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Getting into the realms of the classic Skuse debate here. It is possible to appreciate the need for an older, experienced, combative spine through the side, but not think Skuse is the man to do it.

It could be that or it could be that the players that play with him and the managers that pick him can see the value of Cole Skuse to a club like ITFC.

Good try though.
Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:39 - Apr 12 with 2882 viewsclive_baker

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:28 - Apr 12 by PJH

It could be that or it could be that the players that play with him and the managers that pick him can see the value of Cole Skuse to a club like ITFC.

Good try though.

"Try" at what? Having a different opinion?

Anyone who thinks Cole Skuse is anything other than a distinctly average footballer who has now led his only 2 career clubs to relegation is deluded as those that think we could stick Dozzell, Nydam and Bishop in there and not get bullied next season.

We absolutely need the Chambers, Collins, Skuse type of the world, but there are many reasons to believe Skuse hasn't been anything like as effective in the role as some make out. As for your point about managers rating him, let's see if Lambert offers him a new deal...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:43 - Apr 12 with 2862 viewsReuser_is_God

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:39 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Anyone who thinks Cole Skuse is anything other than a distinctly average footballer who has now led his only 2 career clubs to relegation is deluded as those that think we could stick Dozzell, Nydam and Bishop in there and not get bullied next season.

We absolutely need the Chambers, Collins, Skuse type of the world, but there are many reasons to believe Skuse hasn't been anything like as effective in the role as some make out. As for your point about managers rating him, let's see if Lambert offers him a new deal...

One of our fans wrote in the Bristol City programme recently 'The Championship Makelele'

One can only assume this was an attempt to please the locals.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:47 - Apr 12 with 2852 viewsKieran_Knows

Is there any reason why Lambert would hand him a new contract? Still has a year left on his current deal, plus a years option on that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:49 - Apr 12 with 2839 viewsPJH

Lambert does not need to offer Skuse a new deal at this stage because he is already contracted to ITFC for next season.

Fine having a different opinion but it does not necessarily follow that anyone that does not agree with your opinion is deluded, it just means they have a different opinion-which is what you start your post by lauding.
Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:49 - Apr 12 with 2838 viewschicoazul

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:06 - Apr 12 by Bloots

Maybe we need players *like* Skuse and Chambers rather than Skuse and Chambers? Since Skuse is all of a sudden injury prone and Chambers is immensely slow now, and both are key men in the failings of the last 3 years?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 2819 viewsBluefish

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:23 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

He will be the best in the league and anyone better would be miles out of our price range. Grass greener etc

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 2813 viewsblueislander

You only “seem” to understand football? I always thought that you were as infallible as The Pope.
Bishop on Skuse and next season on 09:53 - Apr 12 with 2799 viewschicoazul

Lambert "seems to agree" with you too. How does that make you feel?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:54 - Apr 12 with 2794 viewsBluefish

What do you think that he isnt very good at? He is the best at our club in reading the game by a big distance, he is probably the best tackler in the club, he is good in the air, his technique is superb (see the boro volley) and he is always happy to show for the ball. Yes it would be great if he was quicker or scored more but if he could he wouldn't have ever played for us

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 10:01 - Apr 12 with 2733 viewsBluefish

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 09:53 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

Lambert "seems to agree" with you too. How does that make you feel?

I'm fine with that. For some reason the excitable section of our fans seem to be trying to say if you don't go OTT in the Lambert PR ploy then you are against him and the club. I am not necessarily against him I just know that he hasn't achieved or done anything remotely special here yet. The desperation for him to be better than the ex ex manager before he has managed to be better than the ex manager is all very odd and is setting itself up for lots of tears

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 10:03 - Apr 12 with 2720 viewsBluefish

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 09:51 - Apr 12 by blueislander

You only “seem” to understand football? I always thought that you were as infallible as The Pope.

I don't like the Pope

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 10:07 - Apr 12 with 2703 viewsblueislander

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:54 - Apr 12 by Bluefish

What do you think that he isnt very good at? He is the best at our club in reading the game by a big distance, he is probably the best tackler in the club, he is good in the air, his technique is superb (see the boro volley) and he is always happy to show for the ball. Yes it would be great if he was quicker or scored more but if he could he wouldn't have ever played for us

WOW. ! Those are huge claims. Reading the game is not just about sitting in front of the back four. It is also about seeing a decisive pass in the attacking third. He actually doesn’t make that many tackles. I don’t think even he would claim to have great heading prowess.I would like to see his“superb technique” if he has it, employed in creating things. If he always shows for the ball, how come Bart and Chambers have to resort to hoof ball so much?
Bishop on Skuse and next season on 10:08 - Apr 12 with 2700 viewsMullet

Cheers Fishers, for the err compliment and hijack in one post!

I thought it was a genuinely insightful bit from Teddy in all honesty. I've always been a fan of Fulham's McDonald from his Wolves days. While he's still a long way out of our range, someone in that archetype would go a long way.

It's a real shame Skuse injured his knee this season, it's perhaps curtailed what would have been a much bigger impact in my opinion. I can't see him playing 2-3 times a week ever again, but maybe a more selective use if his role a la Makelele in his final season would be useful.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 10:13 - Apr 12 with 2679 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:54 - Apr 12 by Bluefish

He's too limited on the ball, has a lot more in his locker than what he shows. And he puts too much pressure on the rest of the midfield to create.

I think he has been below average for a while now - however, and this is a key point, when Lambert first came in he looked as good as he ever has for us. Unfortunately he seems to have been rushed back from injury quickly as has been dire since his return.

If Lambert can manage him and get 30-35 games out of him playing like he did when he first took over then I'll be delighted. I don't think he is capable of 3 games in a week any more, and was probably why he was totally rested for Wednesday night.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 10:14 - Apr 12 with 2669 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

If Skuse could do all the things we wish he could do, he wouldn't be playing for us.

I'd love him to be able to grab the game by the scruff and dictate play, but if he did he'd have been plying his trade higher up the football pyramid for the past few seasons.

He is the archetypal water carrier. He's not the best in the business, but he's probably still the best at that role within the club.. So will be a key part of the squad for the foreseeable future, That doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking for alternatives, as finding a replacement is hugely important to our short (and longer) term success and those players are out there and some will be within our price range
Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 10:15 - Apr 12 with 2662 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 10:13 - Apr 12 by itfcjoe

He's too limited on the ball, has a lot more in his locker than what he shows. And he puts too much pressure on the rest of the midfield to create.

I think he has been below average for a while now - however, and this is a key point, when Lambert first came in he looked as good as he ever has for us. Unfortunately he seems to have been rushed back from injury quickly as has been dire since his return.

If Lambert can manage him and get 30-35 games out of him playing like he did when he first took over then I'll be delighted. I don't think he is capable of 3 games in a week any more, and was probably why he was totally rested for Wednesday night.

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 10:19 - Apr 12 with 2629 viewschicoazul

Bishop on Skuse and next season on 10:01 - Apr 12 by Bluefish

I'm fine with that. For some reason the excitable section of our fans seem to be trying to say if you don't go OTT in the Lambert PR ploy then you are against him and the club. I am not necessarily against him I just know that he hasn't achieved or done anything remotely special here yet. The desperation for him to be better than the ex ex manager before he has managed to be better than the ex manager is all very odd and is setting itself up for lots of tears

Not necessarily

I don't disagree with the.... on 10:34 - Apr 12 with 2569 viewsBloots

Anyone that doesn't realise..... on 09:49 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

Maybe we need players *like* Skuse and Chambers rather than Skuse and Chambers? Since Skuse is all of a sudden injury prone and Chambers is immensely slow now, and both are key men in the failings of the last 3 years?

....general first point, but will counter it with "WTF are we going to use to buy players like Skuse and Chambers? Shirt buttons?!"

Equally your second point can be countered with "We hadn't failed in the last 3 years, maybe players like Skuse and Chambers were the reason behind that?"

(obviously it wasn't the manager, that would be ridiculous)

x

I don't disagree with the.... on 10:37 - Apr 12 with 2556 viewschicoazul

I don't disagree with the.... on 10:34 - Apr 12 by Bloots

....general first point, but will counter it with "WTF are we going to use to buy players like Skuse and Chambers? Shirt buttons?!"

Equally your second point can be countered with "We hadn't failed in the last 3 years, maybe players like Skuse and Chambers were the reason behind that?"

(obviously it wasn't the manager, that would be ridiculous)

x

Ha! I am one of those people who thinks it would be better to have a total break from the current bunch of ageing useless decrepits but you do of course make a fair point on how we would sign replacements. Although I dont expect us to spend a bean next season and still bring in 10 new players.

Yeah you're probably right.... on 10:44 - Apr 12 with 2530 viewsBloots

I don't disagree with the.... on 10:37 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

Ha! I am one of those people who thinks it would be better to have a total break from the current bunch of ageing useless decrepits but you do of course make a fair point on how we would sign replacements. Although I dont expect us to spend a bean next season and still bring in 10 new players.

....we'll get an even slower version of Chambers and a more defensive version of Skuse.

But they'll be signings, so everyone will be happy for a few weeks.

Rock and roll.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024