Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? 16:02 - Apr 12 with 3570 viewsIllinoisblue

Our demise under Evans is quite something but perhaps doesn't compare to the suffering of Glasgow Rangers... went bust, relegated to the Scottish park leagues, and Celtic about to win 10 titles in a row. That's got to hurt.

Honourable mentions also to Pompey, Sunderland, Charlton, and Bolton fans who have all taken plenty bites from a s5ite sandwich.

I'm comforted by the fact that fortunes will change. Look at Man City - in Div 3 in the late 90s while Man Utd were winning everything. And now they're going for a quadruple.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:05 - Apr 12 with 3542 viewsIpswichKnight

Blackpool maybe?
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:06 - Apr 12 with 3534 viewsLord_Lucan

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:05 - Apr 12 by IpswichKnight

Blackpool maybe?

Or Coventry

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:07 - Apr 12 with 3536 viewsSuperblue95

Up until last season I’d have said Coventry but they’ve had a promotion now so sod em.

Oldham have had a decade about as dull and crap as ours

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:08 - Apr 12 with 3527 viewsJ2BLUE

Think we've had it worse than Rangers. They have got to be the huge fish in tiny ponds for a few years and get a break from the tedious two team league for a bit. Celtic's 10 titles are meaningless when put into context. Rangers will eventually rebuild and challenge again. Until then Celtic are basically winning by default.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:13 - Apr 12 with 3513 viewschicoazul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C.#Duch%C3%A2telet_era

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:28 - Apr 12 with 3464 viewsBenters2

Are you saying in 20 -30 years time we will be the next Man City?
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:38 - Apr 12 with 3450 viewsPendejo

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:28 - Apr 12 by Benters2

Are you saying in 20 -30 years time we will be the next Man City?

Yep that's exactly what was said. This follows a takeover by a consortium of Red Bull and the Qatar Sports Investment people...

Champions of the WORLD!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 16:47]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:39 - Apr 12 with 3430 viewsIllinoisblue

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:08 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Think we've had it worse than Rangers. They have got to be the huge fish in tiny ponds for a few years and get a break from the tedious two team league for a bit. Celtic's 10 titles are meaningless when put into context. Rangers will eventually rebuild and challenge again. Until then Celtic are basically winning by default.

really? Not sure many Gers fans would agree with that!

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:40 - Apr 12 with 3422 viewsIllinoisblue

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:07 - Apr 12 by Superblue95

Up until last season I’d have said Coventry but they’ve had a promotion now so sod em.

Oldham have had a decade about as dull and crap as ours

Cov also took 40,000 to Wembley in the checkatrade final which probbaly helped lift the gloom a bit

62 - 78 - 81

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:43 - Apr 12 with 3414 viewsITFC_Forever

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:39 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

really? Not sure many Gers fans would agree with that!

The last 10 years have set Rangers back too far for them to ever make up the difference. They've got themselves back to second, but the Scottish will always now be:

Celtic by mile
Rangers
Aberdeen
Whoever else happens to have a relatively good season

Tinpot league with tinpot clubs. Any player going there who isn't after a nice little earner at the end of their career needs their head read.
We'll never know if Scott Brown is anything other than an idiot wind-up merchant or an idiot wind-up merchant who can also play as well.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:48 - Apr 12 with 3382 viewsnoggin

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:43 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

The last 10 years have set Rangers back too far for them to ever make up the difference. They've got themselves back to second, but the Scottish will always now be:

Celtic by mile
Rangers
Aberdeen

Tinpot league with tinpot clubs. Any player going there who isn't after a nice little earner at the end of their career needs their head read.
We'll never know if Scott Brown is anything other than an idiot wind-up merchant or an idiot wind-up merchant who can also play as well.

Ever?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:52 - Apr 12 with 3368 viewsITFC_Forever

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:48 - Apr 12 by noggin

Ever?

Next 10 years at least then.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:52 - Apr 12 with 3367 viewsPJH

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:43 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

Celtic by mile
Rangers
Aberdeen

I don't agree that Celtic will ALWAYS be out of Rangers reach because they are slowly closing the gap.
Rangers have gone back a hell of a long way since 2012(they finished top in 2010/11)but I think next season or maybe the season after they will be on a par with Celtic.

Scott Brown must be one of the leading wind-up merchants in world football.
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 17:18 - Apr 12 with 3289 viewsBenters2

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:38 - Apr 12 by Pendejo

Yep that's exactly what was said. This follows a takeover by a consortium of Red Bull and the Qatar Sports Investment people...

Champions of the WORLD!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 16:47]

Sounds great to me!
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 17:58 - Apr 12 with 3220 viewstextbackup

good question this, and i'd guess it massively depends on who your team is/where they are as to exactly what you'd class as "had it bad"

I could easily say us, we haven't beaten rivals in the time, lost in the playoffs to them, had absolutely sod all worth shouting about since we reached 5th in the prem, in 2001!

however we've still been a championship team, which to some is a dream, the like of tramere etc.

but based alone on the fact we've had years of not beating rivals (which is a pretty big thing) id say we've had it the worse.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 18:26 - Apr 12 with 3152 viewsmonty_radio

Much as Rangers fall was spectacular everyone knew they were too big not to come back, although they have still a bit to go.

We have no such assurance.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 18:51 - Apr 12 with 3108 viewsLeaky

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:08 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Agree with you, so basically Scottish football is uncompetitive, a bit like most of the elite leagues around Europe. Down to tv money
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 21:23 - Apr 12 with 2988 viewsronnyd

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 16:52 - Apr 12 by PJH

I don't agree that Celtic will ALWAYS be out of Rangers reach because they are slowly closing the gap.
Rangers have gone back a hell of a long way since 2012(they finished top in 2010/11)but I think next season or maybe the season after they will be on a par with Celtic.

Scott Brown must be one of the leading wind-up merchants in world football.

Ugly sod too
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 21:24 - Apr 12 with 2982 viewsPJH

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 21:23 - Apr 12 by ronnyd

Ugly sod too

Yes, must be a real barsteward to play against-in fact he must be a real barsteward to anyone except Celtic fans.
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 22:37 - Apr 12 with 2906 viewsallezlesbleus

I would hate us to be the next Man City...….. they used to be a "proper club", with decent support. Now their plastic fans will be moaning at the owner to spend another few billion if they don't win the quadruple this season.
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 08:46 - Apr 13 with 2726 viewschristiand

Luton Town? Probably longer than a decade, but where the Hatters went down to and have since come back from is pretty spectacular.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 8:47]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 09:31 - Apr 13 with 2676 viewsm14_blue

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 17:58 - Apr 12 by textbackup

good question this, and i'd guess it massively depends on who your team is/where they are as to exactly what you'd class as "had it bad"

I could easily say us, we haven't beaten rivals in the time, lost in the playoffs to them, had absolutely sod all worth shouting about since we reached 5th in the prem, in 2001!

however we've still been a championship team, which to some is a dream, the like of tramere etc.

but based alone on the fact we've had years of not beating rivals (which is a pretty big thing) id say we've had it the worse.

Pompey have had cup finals and a promotion, as well as a fan takeover. Charlton is a decent shout.

However, football is meant to be about excitement and fun, there can’t be anyone that matches us for a complete absence of both?

Inexplicably abject cup record, woeful record against our rivals and 17 years in the same league, with some pretty desperate attritional football thrown in too.

We couldn’t even make our relegation battle even a little bit exciting.

To be frank, it’s been boring.
which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 09:40 - Apr 13 with 2651 viewsloyalfan

which fans have had it worst the last decade or so? on 08:46 - Apr 13 by christiand

Luton Town? Probably longer than a decade, but where the Hatters went down to and have since come back from is pretty spectacular.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 8:47]

Luton for me as well. Not been near their local rivals for ages. But, boy are they happy at the moment!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024