Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic to read reports of young people 14:59 - Apr 16 with 90307 viewsbluelagos

refusing to stand by and do nothing as climate change continues to devestate our precious environment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/16/more-than-100-people-arrested-in

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:21 - Apr 16 with 12287 viewsfloridaboy

Awful lot of people taking time off work to protest - or not got a job!!

Wonder how many travelled by coach to London. A coach powered by diesel of course!

Don't see the point of smashing up the Shell offices though. Vandalism for the sake of it!!
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:33 - Apr 16 with 12261 viewsFtnfwest

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:21 - Apr 16 by floridaboy

Awful lot of people taking time off work to protest - or not got a job!!

Wonder how many travelled by coach to London. A coach powered by diesel of course!

Don't see the point of smashing up the Shell offices though. Vandalism for the sake of it!!

That protest happening in the low emissions zone in central London, in a country responsible for less than a percent of the global CO2 emissions you mean?
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:45 - Apr 16 with 12242 viewsMVBlue

Get people talking about it, that's the main idea. To dismiss it is naive.

But this 'oh they used petrol to get there' nonsense is missing the point completely. We are all putting into a system that drives an economy and pensions investments to profit companies that are irresponsible in planning for future generations and protecting humanities environment.

The status quo attitudes and the slow movement towards a sustainable type of lifestyle and economy will turn out to be a pretty big problem. We lead the world into industrialisation we can damn well lead them into sustainability.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 15:48]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:47 - Apr 16 with 12229 viewsWD19

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:45 - Apr 16 by MVBlue

Get people talking about it, that's the main idea. To dismiss it is naive.

But this 'oh they used petrol to get there' nonsense is missing the point completely. We are all putting into a system that drives an economy and pensions investments to profit companies that are irresponsible in planning for future generations and protecting humanities environment.

The status quo attitudes and the slow movement towards a sustainable type of lifestyle and economy will turn out to be a pretty big problem. We lead the world into industrialisation we can damn well lead them into sustainability.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 15:48]

China will build 216 new airports by 2035. We are p!ssing in the wind.

Not a reason not to p!ss, of course, but gives you a sense of scale.

....and saving the planet doesn't need to involve splashing paint on private property.
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:50 - Apr 16 with 12212 viewsJ2BLUE

Geneuine question. How many young people have turned out today compared to a school day?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:51 - Apr 16 with 12198 viewsMVBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:47 - Apr 16 by WD19

China will build 216 new airports by 2035. We are p!ssing in the wind.

Not a reason not to p!ss, of course, but gives you a sense of scale.

....and saving the planet doesn't need to involve splashing paint on private property.

Vandalism is never justified, and no doubt the offenders will face punishment as is normal.

Parking a boat on the road however, more justified and statement making.

China is looking to tie up the electric car market (mining sites of elements required) and if there is a greener plane in the future then i'm sure the Chinese will use them. We are leading consumers and where Western trends go, so the East Asians do follow. But we cannot excuse behaviour by pointing at others, such a sad state of affairs.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 15:53]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:52 - Apr 16 with 12191 viewsLankHenners

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:50 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Geneuine question. How many young people have turned out today compared to a school day?

Why does it matter?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 12173 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:52 - Apr 16 by LankHenners

Why does it matter?

It's the Easter holidays where they are off anyway. If we're going to give them credit for caring so much about this cause I think it's a fair question to ask.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:59 - Apr 16 with 12154 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:54 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

It's the Easter holidays where they are off anyway. If we're going to give them credit for caring so much about this cause I think it's a fair question to ask.

I've no idea why people are so concerned with finding an angle to have a go at these folk to be honest. At least they're doing something, no matter how pointless it will ultimately prove to be.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:25 - Apr 16 with 12100 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 15:59 - Apr 16 by SpruceMoose

I've no idea why people are so concerned with finding an angle to have a go at these folk to be honest. At least they're doing something, no matter how pointless it will ultimately prove to be.

Jesus Christ. I was asking a question. Why is everyone so damn precious these days? It's a fair point. If we're going to give them credit and say how much they care why is it wrong to ask how much they care on a day off?

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:33 - Apr 16 with 12074 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:25 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Jesus Christ. I was asking a question. Why is everyone so damn precious these days? It's a fair point. If we're going to give them credit and say how much they care why is it wrong to ask how much they care on a day off?

Precious? Calm down mate. If you're asking a question expect a response ffs.

Anyway, its a stupid question because it spectacularly misses the point. Besides that, it's mean and it's cynical.

I'll explain why. Look at it this way. What are you trying to establish with that question?Perhaps you didn't intend it that way but to me it reads as a sneer. This is because you have no way of ascertaining whether they would be there if it wasn't a day off, so what the point in asking it unless you want to suggest that they wouldn't be there if it wasn't.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:45 - Apr 16 with 12054 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:33 - Apr 16 by SpruceMoose

Anyway, its a stupid question because it spectacularly misses the point. Besides that, it's mean and it's cynical.

I'll explain why. Look at it this way. What are you trying to establish with that question?Perhaps you didn't intend it that way but to me it reads as a sneer. This is because you have no way of ascertaining whether they would be there if it wasn't a day off, so what the point in asking it unless you want to suggest that they wouldn't be there if it wasn't.

It's a relevant point. They are getting tons of praise for how much they care. How many people are there compared to the days they got to skip school?

Lots of credit to the ones who are there.

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:02 - Apr 16 with 12030 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:45 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

It's a relevant point. They are getting tons of praise for how much they care. How many people are there compared to the days they got to skip school?

How did you get to be so cynical?

I'll leave it now. Those there should hold their heads high, day off or not.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:04 - Apr 16 with 12025 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:02 - Apr 16 by SpruceMoose

How did you get to be so cynical?

I'll leave it now. Those there should hold their heads high, day off or not.

How did it get to be so wrong for asking a question?

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:05 - Apr 16 with 12017 viewsBenters2

Not many they are at centre parks innit
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:05 - Apr 16 with 12019 viewsDanTheMan

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:45 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Bit damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they support it but don't go, they're just keyboard warriors. If they do go, well it's a day off so do they really care?

People should care way more about this than they do Brexit, and I include myself in that.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 17:18]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:06 - Apr 16 with 12012 viewsBenters2

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 16:33 - Apr 16 by SpruceMoose

Hey cowboy what V8 do you drive over there a Ford or Dodge?
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:08 - Apr 16 with 12007 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:06 - Apr 16 by Benters2

Hey cowboy what V8 do you drive over there a Ford or Dodge?

Anyone buying an American motor needs their head examined Benters!

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:10 - Apr 16 with 12001 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:05 - Apr 16 by DanTheMan

Bit damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they support it but don't go, they're just keyboard warriors. If they do go, well it's a day off so do they really care?

People should care way more about this than they do Brexit, and I include myself in that.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 17:18]

I was asking about kids, who are on their Easter holidays. I was asking if they were showing up today in the same numbers as when they are able to skip school.

I think it's a fair question when people keep constantly fawning about how much they care.

I agree, it's an important issue and credit to anyone who turned up. I'm doing my bit by having less animal products and trying not to buy anything in packaging which can't be recycled.

Truly impaired.

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:19 - Apr 16 with 11973 viewsDanTheMan

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:10 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

I was asking about kids, who are on their Easter holidays. I was asking if they were showing up today in the same numbers as when they are able to skip school.

I think it's a fair question when people keep constantly fawning about how much they care.

I agree, it's an important issue and credit to anyone who turned up. I'm doing my bit by having less animal products and trying not to buy anything in packaging which can't be recycled.

Unless the numbers were startlingly different, I think it'd be a bit hard to prove either way, especially given it's not always just people of school age going to these things.

I prefer to think at least somewhat positively and they're not just doing it for all just doing it jolly, even if you get time off school.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:26 - Apr 16 with 11943 viewsjjblue84

Hasn’t the climate always changed??
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:46 - Apr 16 with 11937 viewsSomethingBlue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:10 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

It's just not something to nit-pick about anyway, is it — doesn't matter who, what or when the protestors are, it's the fact that people are making a noise about probably biggest issue we're going to face.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:58 - Apr 16 with 11904 viewsBloomBlue

I was in London this morning and the litter around their camp was disgusting, obviously polluting the earth with litter is acceptable to them
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 18:03 - Apr 16 with 11881 viewseireblue

Fantastic to read reports of young people on 17:26 - Apr 16 by jjblue84

Hasn’t the climate always changed??

No
Fantastic to read reports of young people on 18:04 - Apr 16 with 11877 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Extinction rebellion is a seperate thing to the bunk off Friday school kid stuff.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024