Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger 15:49 - Apr 25 with 4826 viewsCheltenham_Blue

from league one and referencing every club that ended up with new owners and investment as an example.

I've seen Leicester mentioned, Swansea, Wolves and Southampton on several occasions. What happened to all these clubs happening to us is as likely as The Queen adopting a Pit Bull cross and declaring it Prince of Scotland.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:53 - Apr 25 with 3572 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Very well said. Some people seriously believe we can come back with Evans keeps running the club as he does. They will never learn.
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:53 - Apr 25 with 3567 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:57 - Apr 25 with 3547 viewsflimflam

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:53 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

Norwich

Portsmouth, Coventry, Charlton

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:59 - Apr 25 with 3541 viewspatrickswell

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:53 - Apr 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Very well said. Some people seriously believe we can come back with Evans keeps running the club as he does. They will never learn.

We’re left hoping that Lambert works the oracle in the same way that Mowbray appears not to have let working with the Venky family impede him at Blackburn. The only way in which the analogy falls down is that Mowbray very nearly kept Blackburn up in 2016-17, so although they went down they had momentum at least.

Lambert needs to talk to Paul Warne I suspect about bouncing back when you’ve been garbage for a year.
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:00 - Apr 25 with 3529 viewsTractorCam

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:57 - Apr 25 by flimflam

Rotherham

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:00 - Apr 25 with 3531 viewsSE1blue

Bournemouth nearly dropped out of the football league 10 years ago.

They've had little investment.

Oh wait...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:01 - Apr 25 with 3524 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:53 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

Norwich

Who's mentioned Norwich? If people are comparing us to them then we really have sunk.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:04 - Apr 25 with 3508 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:59 - Apr 25 by patrickswell

We’re left hoping that Lambert works the oracle in the same way that Mowbray appears not to have let working with the Venky family impede him at Blackburn. The only way in which the analogy falls down is that Mowbray very nearly kept Blackburn up in 2016-17, so although they went down they had momentum at least.

Lambert needs to talk to Paul Warne I suspect about bouncing back when you’ve been garbage for a year.

Mowbray though had had a very good squad and it would have been a travesty if they hadn't been promoted.
Login to get fewer ads

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:08 - Apr 25 with 3486 viewsStenvict

I wish people would stop being optimistic...

Poll: What will be announced first?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:09 - Apr 25 with 3478 viewsGeoffSentence

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:57 - Apr 25 by flimflam

unlike Norwich, who are just about the only example I can think of, they have not yet come back stronger without a new owner.

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:11 - Apr 25 with 3464 viewsGeoffSentence

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:01 - Apr 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Who's mentioned Norwich? If people are comparing us to them then we really have sunk.

Just throwing in an example, possibly the only example, of a team who has come back stronger without a new owner, as you seemed to be after such a name.

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:12 - Apr 25 with 3456 viewsbluebud

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 15:59 - Apr 25 by patrickswell

Works the Oracle?

What does that even mean?
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:17 - Apr 25 with 3429 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Norwich

They had a powerful and ruthless CEO in McNally who himself took the club from its knees.
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:29 - Apr 25 with 3400 viewsitfcjoe

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:04 - Apr 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Mowbray though had had a very good squad and it would have been a travesty if they hadn't been promoted.

I know you didn't want Mogga to come here so have to keep this pretence up that he hasn't done a good job at Blackburn, but how was that Blackburn squad that good in that league? It was just a bottom end Champ squad that went down, and has shown that this year.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 19:07 - Apr 25 with 3251 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:29 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

I know you didn't want Mogga to come here so have to keep this pretence up that he hasn't done a good job at Blackburn, but how was that Blackburn squad that good in that league? It was just a bottom end Champ squad that went down, and has shown that this year.

I'm not saying he hasn't done a good job when he got them promoted. Told you before that he had had a very strong squad due to the proper backing from Venkys.
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 19:21 - Apr 25 with 3228 viewsEly_Blue

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:11 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

Just throwing in an example, possibly the only example, of a team who has come back stronger without a new owner, as you seemed to be after such a name.

Sheffield United, I don’t believe they have had a new owner have they? Forest when they first came up?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 19:42 - Apr 25 with 3181 viewsitfcjoe

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 19:07 - Apr 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'm not saying he hasn't done a good job when he got them promoted. Told you before that he had had a very strong squad due to the proper backing from Venkys.

But it wasn't a particularly strong squad, no stronger than Wigan who also went down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 20:26 - Apr 25 with 3116 viewssixtoperalta35

Manchester City?
We relegated them remember....maybe it's our turn.
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 20:40 - Apr 25 with 3086 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 19:42 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

But it wasn't a particularly strong squad, no stronger than Wigan who also went down

It was a very strong squad.

We've had this discussion beforehand and I have mentioned particular players from that team. Our squad next season won't be nowhere near the quality Blackburn had in 2017/18 as in order to be like them it requires an investement. You've said it will be as good, I don't know how you come to that conclusion but it is your opinion.

Even this season the quality Blackburn possess upfront is the reason why they aren't involved in the relegation battle. Mowbray despite being an ex-defender can't organise the defence and they keep shipping goals especially away from home.
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 21:01 - Apr 25 with 3054 viewsbenrhyddingblue

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 19:21 - Apr 25 by Ely_Blue

Sheffield United, I don’t believe they have had a new owner have they? Forest when they first came up?

I think some Saudi businessman took a 50% stake in the club while they were in League One, so I imagine there was some cash injection somewhere.
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 22:29 - Apr 25 with 2979 viewsTractorCam

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 20:40 - Apr 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

It was a very strong squad.

We've had this discussion beforehand and I have mentioned particular players from that team. Our squad next season won't be nowhere near the quality Blackburn had in 2017/18 as in order to be like them it requires an investement. You've said it will be as good, I don't know how you come to that conclusion but it is your opinion.

Even this season the quality Blackburn possess upfront is the reason why they aren't involved in the relegation battle. Mowbray despite being an ex-defender can't organise the defence and they keep shipping goals especially away from home.

But will be better than the Rotherham team who finished on 23 points in 2017 and went up via the play offs.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 00:50 - Apr 26 with 2845 viewspointofblue

Colchester, Oldham, Plymouth, Port Vale, Southend, Swindon, Tranmere, Stockport...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 05:20 - Apr 26 with 2774 viewsBenters2

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 20:26 - Apr 25 by sixtoperalta35

Manchester City?
We relegated them remember....maybe it's our turn.

Lol 😂
I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 09:12 - Apr 26 with 2647 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 16:00 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

Rotherham

And one of the rare clubs that stuck with their manager. There's hope for us yet. With a bit of luck we could be like Rotherham (dies a little inside - thanks Marcus!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I wish people would stop mentioning clubs that came back stronger on 09:29 - Apr 26 with 2628 viewsGlasgowBlue

You sound like a glass half empty sort of bloke.

We’ve been relegated. I’d rather focus on getting back up than worrying about staying down.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024