Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is absolutely awful by China 09:55 - Jul 5 with 2891 viewsStokieBlue

Splitting children from their parents and then indoctrinating them with what the Chinese want them to think. The outcry was massive when the US had their horrible policy of splitting migrant parents and children up, this is even worse given the massive organised nature of it and the endgame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-48825090

“These boarding schools, they say, allow minority children to learn "better life habits" and better personal hygiene than they would at home. Some children have begun referring to their teachers as "mummy".”

“Many of the schools bristle with full-coverage surveillance systems, perimeter alarms and 10,000 Volt electric fences, with some school security spending surpassing that of the camps”

“"I think the evidence for systematically keeping parents and children apart is a clear indication that Xinjiang's government is attempting to raise a new generation cut off from original roots, religious beliefs and their own language,"

"I believe the evidence points to what we must call cultural genocide."

I know China are powerful now and vital to world trade but the West (well the EU given how rubbish the US is at the moment) really need to be asserting to China how unacceptable this all is.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 10:00]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:08 - Jul 5 with 2356 viewshomer_123

Nothing will happen - who's going to do anything?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:10 - Jul 5 with 2344 viewsJ2BLUE

It does't get you as many points as protesting against Trump so who cares?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:11 - Jul 5 with 2338 viewsStokieBlue

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:08 - Jul 5 by homer_123

Nothing will happen - who's going to do anything?

There is a difference between nothing happening and totally ignoring it. When the US did far less the condemnations where flowing.

China won't change their policy but they need to know the rest of the world finds it totally unacceptable. It's absolutely awful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:14 - Jul 5 with 2330 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s a dreadful situation. That it’s been going on for some time yet hardly registers in this country shames us all.

The US and the EU (I’m including the U.K. in this) should be making far mor end this and putting pressure on China. I can’t understand why they don’t.

You’ve been very consistent in raising this issue on here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:15 - Jul 5 with 2332 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, I hope the EU can make a stand.

But it's a pity the UN has so little muscle and too often is steamrollered or ignored by the major powers including us when it suits. You'd like to think that global sanctions could more consistently be put to bear on this type of unacceptable policy so that no individual country or trade bloc needs to shoulder the responsibility or take the economic hit.

I'm guessing that we'll express disappointment or something similarly ineffectual.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is absolutely awful by China on 12:40 - Jul 5 with 2270 viewsWeWereZombies

Like internment (at least six forced labour camps exist in China's neighbour and sometime ally, North Korea) this has been going on for generations. There are claims that the Black and Tans were involved in covert activities to suppress Irish culture, more pertinent to what China is doing to the Uyghurs are actions by authorities in Canada during the Victorian era against peoples of the First Nations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This is absolutely awful by China on 12:44 - Jul 5 with 2264 viewsSpruceMoose

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:10 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

Your 'attack the protesters not the thing they are protesting line' you regularly trot out does make me roll my eyes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:15 - Jul 5 with 2201 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Globalism inc....they're all in it together!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:16 - Jul 5 with 2199 viewsbluejacko

This is absolutely awful by China on 12:40 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

Like internment (at least six forced labour camps exist in China's neighbour and sometime ally, North Korea) this has been going on for generations. There are claims that the Black and Tans were involved in covert activities to suppress Irish culture, more pertinent to what China is doing to the Uyghurs are actions by authorities in Canada during the Victorian era against peoples of the First Nations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system

We can all look back in time and see things that shouldn’t have been done! The point is China is doing it now.
This is absolutely awful by China on 14:20 - Jul 5 with 2193 viewspickles110564

This is absolutely awful by China on 12:44 - Jul 5 by SpruceMoose

Your 'attack the protesters not the thing they are protesting line' you regularly trot out does make me roll my eyes.

Your pointless attacks on Trump, the President of the country you live, is different how?
This is absolutely awful by China on 14:21 - Jul 5 with 2191 viewsreusersfreekicks

Just appalling. There seems to be less decency in the world.....
This is absolutely awful by China on 14:38 - Jul 5 with 2164 viewsSpruceMoose

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:20 - Jul 5 by pickles110564

Your pointless attacks on Trump, the President of the country you live, is different how?

How is highlighting the behaviour of the leader of the supposed free world different to to what? It would help if you posted in fully formed sentences.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:44 - Jul 5 with 2152 viewsSteve_M

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:20 - Jul 5 by pickles110564

No, this is where Trump's debasement of US standards has an impact. There is far less moral highground from an America that imprisons migrant children and separates them from their families and a president who prefers dictators to elected politicians.

How is criticism of a man who doesn't care for the rule of law pointless?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:49 - Jul 5 with 2141 viewsSpruceMoose

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:44 - Jul 5 by Steve_M

No, this is where Trump's debasement of US standards has an impact. There is far less moral highground from an America that imprisons migrant children and separates them from their families and a president who prefers dictators to elected politicians.

How is criticism of a man who doesn't care for the rule of law pointless?

An excellent post. The US is truly diminished while you have an inept oligarchy running things. We should be looking to the US to be leading the way, not hoping that somehow they can just be a little better than China.

Sadly I fear your post is wasted, for I could exit my office, take a short stroll down Broadway and stand in any number of things that have more intellectual integrity and honesty than Our Pickles.

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:06 - Jul 5 with 2122 viewsWeWereZombies

This is absolutely awful by China on 14:16 - Jul 5 by bluejacko

We can all look back in time and see things that shouldn’t have been done! The point is China is doing it now.

Which is one of the reasons history is useful, it gives us comparisons to show how badly things turned out, how much effort is needed to put things right. Perhaps also to stop us being quite so 'holier than thou' and to to be able to say to China 'look, there is a much better way of doing things' with the hope of some movement rather than pointless sabre rattling. Canada's willingness to make good the past for the First Nations is an instance, and it gives Canada a deeper hold on history than one or two of their neighbours...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:31 - Jul 5 with 2083 viewsJ2BLUE

This is absolutely awful by China on 12:44 - Jul 5 by SpruceMoose

J2BLUE - highlighting double standards since 1987

Not everyone has their morals and principles on wheels so they can be moved depending on the situation..

Truly impaired.

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:32 - Jul 5 with 2081 viewsCOYBitfc

mistaken down arrow

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

errrrrr on 15:36 - Jul 5 with 2068 viewsunstableblue

This is absolutely awful by China on 10:10 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

But China aren't masquerading as the leader of the world's greatest democracy and nation... plus Trump is splitting up families in his squalid immigration camps.

But of course even the Orange Demon isn't indoctrinating children into his thinking.... he lets Fox News do that!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

errrrrr on 15:43 - Jul 5 with 2058 viewsJ2BLUE

errrrrr on 15:36 - Jul 5 by unstableblue

But China aren't masquerading as the leader of the world's greatest democracy and nation... plus Trump is splitting up families in his squalid immigration camps.

But of course even the Orange Demon isn't indoctrinating children into his thinking.... he lets Fox News do that!

There's always a reason why it's different. Even if it's worse, it's somehow still not as bad for some reason.

Truly impaired.

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:44 - Jul 5 with 2053 viewsSpruceMoose

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:31 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

J2BLUE - highlighting double standards since 1987

Not everyone has their morals and principles on wheels so they can be moved depending on the situation..

What are you going on about? To be clear, I'm just pointing out your repeated behaviour of smugly moaning about protesters while not saying a peep about the things they are protesting is juvenile internet edge lord stuff. A protest is in no way diminished by the fact that the protestors aren't protesting every single thing J2 decides to list.

In this instance you've also just invented the idea that the people protesting Trump a) are just doing it for 'points' and b) aren't also upset about China's behaviour.

Regarding point a) I appreciate you don't get out much, but I very much assure you there are people who have given their life to protest Trump and the worldview he stands for. I've been at protests like these. Have you? Or have you just sat at home moaning about me because I wasn't simultaneously at an environmental protest, or protesting the Saudis? Honestly, what you said is shameful.

Honestly, it's embarrassing the way you love to take a pop at people who are out there trying to change the world for the benefit of everyone, especially because everything you've told us about yourself indicates that you are too unmotivated and disinterested to do it yourself. You may not be motivated to take action in defend the lives and treatment of others, but quit taking a pop at those of us who are, thanks.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 15:45]

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:53 - Jul 5 with 2021 viewsJ2BLUE

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:44 - Jul 5 by SpruceMoose

What are you going on about? To be clear, I'm just pointing out your repeated behaviour of smugly moaning about protesters while not saying a peep about the things they are protesting is juvenile internet edge lord stuff. A protest is in no way diminished by the fact that the protestors aren't protesting every single thing J2 decides to list.

In this instance you've also just invented the idea that the people protesting Trump a) are just doing it for 'points' and b) aren't also upset about China's behaviour.

Regarding point a) I appreciate you don't get out much, but I very much assure you there are people who have given their life to protest Trump and the worldview he stands for. I've been at protests like these. Have you? Or have you just sat at home moaning about me because I wasn't simultaneously at an environmental protest, or protesting the Saudis? Honestly, what you said is shameful.

Honestly, it's embarrassing the way you love to take a pop at people who are out there trying to change the world for the benefit of everyone, especially because everything you've told us about yourself indicates that you are too unmotivated and disinterested to do it yourself. You may not be motivated to take action in defend the lives and treatment of others, but quit taking a pop at those of us who are, thanks.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 15:45]

Christ, get over yourself. I'm not getting involved in your faux outrage today. You can go back to being the tedious wind up merchant you are until the next chance you get to turn serious again and remind us what a model citizen of the world you are.

If you don't like what I post, you can always put me on ignore.

Truly impaired.

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:56 - Jul 5 with 1997 viewsSpruceMoose

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:53 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

Christ, get over yourself. I'm not getting involved in your faux outrage today. You can go back to being the tedious wind up merchant you are until the next chance you get to turn serious again and remind us what a model citizen of the world you are.

Your response tells me that you recognise there's truth in my post.

I'll tell you what, you just sit on you Wotsit dust and Pot Noodle throne at home taking snidey shots online at people trying to improve conditions for others, and I'll keep calling you out on it.

We all have our roles in life, I guess those are ours.

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:57 - Jul 5 with 1996 viewsfooters

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:53 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

To be fair, J2, your initial post on this thread wasn't entirely constructive. It comes across as a pop at people, rather than an actual engagement with the subject.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:57 - Jul 5 with 1992 viewsSpruceMoose

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:57 - Jul 5 by footers

To be fair, J2, your initial post on this thread wasn't entirely constructive. It comes across as a pop at people, rather than an actual engagement with the subject.

Accusation of being in some kind of mafia incoming...

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:59 - Jul 5 with 1986 viewsJ2BLUE

This is absolutely awful by China on 15:57 - Jul 5 by footers

Fair enough point.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024