Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely no money available for transfers then 18:12 - Jul 6 with 11879 viewsSitfcB

“We can’t buy anybody, that’s the fact of it” - Lambert

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:25 - Jul 7 with 2675 viewsxrayspecs

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:17 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

75% but excluding those areas I mentioned, so anyone under 21 or signed last season is exempt for this season.

The big problem is next season if we are down here, when all the ‘softening’ clauses are gone

Yes, any player aged 20 or under on 1 July is exempt from the FPP calculation. However, worth noting that Wolfenden, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Bish, Downes and Dozzell would be included in the calculations as they are 21 or older on the qualifying date.

Not sure about your point of being signed last season, I think they all count unless I am missing something.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:28 - Jul 7 with 2670 viewsxrayspecs

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:23 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

This year any wage costs of players signed before 1 September 2018 or of players under 21 can be excluded from the calculations. This is the season we should be going for it - next year really will be one of cost cutting if we do not go up. You can see that now with Sunderland who have shifted Cattermole and are trying to shift McGeady.

And we can spend any un-budgeted income when we like.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 9:24]

Can you point me to the 1 September exclusion clause as I am not sure this applies in L1. It may be a Championship only clause.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:32 - Jul 7 with 2656 viewstractorboy1978

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:28 - Jul 7 by xrayspecs

Can you point me to the 1 September exclusion clause as I am not sure this applies in L1. It may be a Championship only clause.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

Under relegated clubs.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:33 - Jul 7 with 2650 viewsitfcjoe

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:12 - Jul 7 by bournemouthblue

Have we got big money for anyone really though? We were banking on Bart going

We still have a £7 million shortfall this season before the season even kicks off?

A big chunk of that £7m hole will be covered by players having a 50% drop in wages

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:46 - Jul 7 with 2625 viewsxrayspecs

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:32 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

Under relegated clubs.

I think that article is out of date. If you go to the current EFL FFP rules, there is no mention of excluding contracts signed before a cut off.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:48 - Jul 7 with 2618 viewstextbackup

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:33 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

A big chunk of that £7m hole will be covered by players having a 50% drop in wages

and the huge amount gone from our wage bill with Knudsen etc having left

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

In reality we probably have quite a hefty wage bill for the... on 09:55 - Jul 7 with 2595 viewsJimmyJazz

In reality we probably have quite a hefty wage bill for the... on 09:18 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

.... revenue you get in this league.

Despite the bigger name players taking a drop in wages on relegation, the likes of:

Bart
Chambers
Skuse
Sears
Huws

Will be some of the highest paid players in the league

And then the Norwood, Jackson’s, totos, Edwards, Nolan’s will also be high wages compared to our new revenue stream.

Bart probably needs to be shifted to free up some wages.

The irony is that with a run of wins and some momentum PR would start to really fill up... and income would increase, so argument for a gamble.

Still think Lambert will bring in 2-3 new faces including loans.

What happened with the Everton full back who was linked?

The Everton fullback? That it appears was fake news

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 13:12 - Jul 7 with 2502 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 02:42 - Jul 7 by Guthrum

Rotherham have made two free transfers (same as us), one being from the fifth tier of French football.

Rotherham have broken their transfer record too in order to get a new striker.
Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 13:33 - Jul 7 with 2479 viewsTrequartista

When they were trying to sell season tickets it was "We won't be spending millions on players" with the implication we would spend in the hundred thousands.

It's the same old propaganda every season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 13:35 - Jul 7 with 2474 viewsTrequartista

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 18:32 - Jul 6 by HARRY10

I should say I am shocked at some of the comments on here regarding signing players - but sadly I am not.

The reality that we will have between £7m-£9m less this season does not appear to have sunk in with some. That is up to 50% of last season's budget !

That means, however you spin it, cuts. Ant maybe transfer money coming in through sales to balance the books until the wage level matches our income. So the idea that there is money to pay transfer fees is beyond ridiculous.

It is about finding players who are motivated and can be motivated to up the game and be fully committed. It is not all doom and gloom as I have a good feeling that Lambert will be able to find those player and get them working as a team.

So, please let's not delude ourselves that it is going to be anything other than that for this season, at least.

The reason we have a huge drop in revenue is because he didn't put enough in to stay in the league in the first place!

League Two beckons in 5 years time.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 13:36 - Jul 7 with 2475 viewsblueconscience

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 13:33 - Jul 7 by Trequartista

When they were trying to sell season tickets it was "We won't be spending millions on players" with the implication we would spend in the hundred thousands.

It's the same old propaganda every season.

As long as the same old fools believe what they see and hear in their marketing techniques and interviews, the longer they will continue using them.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:45]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 14:18 - Jul 7 with 2445 viewsElderGrizzly

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 09:46 - Jul 7 by xrayspecs

I think that article is out of date. If you go to the current EFL FFP rules, there is no mention of excluding contracts signed before a cut off.

It is definitely correct about the cut-off. Phil and others have covered it before too.

And as you point out, we can spend £100m if Evans gives it to the club. It just can’t be a loan
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 14:26 - Jul 7 with 2437 viewstractorboy1978

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 14:18 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

It is definitely correct about the cut-off. Phil and others have covered it before too.

And as you point out, we can spend £100m if Evans gives it to the club. It just can’t be a loan

Indeed. Which ultimately makes the whole 'fair play' side of it pointless.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 15:18 - Jul 7 with 2415 viewsGuthrum

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 13:12 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Rotherham have broken their transfer record too in order to get a new striker.

Thanks, hadn't seen that one, missing from the list I usually use.

Still only £500k, tho. Reckon Norwood would have been worth all of that and more if we hadn't managed to get him for free (but we probably had to lay out a fair bit in wages/signing on fee to secure that).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 15:28 - Jul 7 with 2401 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 15:18 - Jul 7 by Guthrum

Thanks, hadn't seen that one, missing from the list I usually use.

Still only £500k, tho. Reckon Norwood would have been worth all of that and more if we hadn't managed to get him for free (but we probably had to lay out a fair bit in wages/signing on fee to secure that).

Yep, Norwood might have been worth of that. If that had been the case we wouldn't have spent that amount of money.

We can't even use meagre 450k from the Harrison's sale to find a new, decent League One striker.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 16:13 - Jul 7 with 2366 viewsxrayspecs

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 14:18 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

I am not so sure. That link you posted is dated 2014 and new FFP regulations were introduced for 2016/17.

https://www.efl.com/news/2015/august/football-league-ffp-guidance/

The EFL FFP link goes into a lot of detail on how the scheme works so I would have expected any exemption of older contracts would have been referenced as it is potentially material.

A significant cash injection from ME to increase our chances would not go amiss

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 16:14]
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 16:27 - Jul 7 with 2352 viewsHARRY10

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 16:13 - Jul 7 by xrayspecs

I am not so sure. That link you posted is dated 2014 and new FFP regulations were introduced for 2016/17.

https://www.efl.com/news/2015/august/football-league-ffp-guidance/

The EFL FFP link goes into a lot of detail on how the scheme works so I would have expected any exemption of older contracts would have been referenced as it is potentially material.

A significant cash injection from ME to increase our chances would not go amiss

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 16:14]

"A significant cash injection from ME to increase our chances would not go amiss "

Has been the cry every season since he has been here.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 22:28 - Jul 7 with 2272 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I’m sure we’ll have 2 or 3 loanees come in before the end of the window. Whatever Lambert said about having too many last year won’t be his position when he gets to the end of July with the defensive and attacking players we have in the squad.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 22:35 - Jul 7 with 2263 viewsElderGrizzly

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 22:28 - Jul 7 by PrideOfTheEast

I’m sure we’ll have 2 or 3 loanees come in before the end of the window. Whatever Lambert said about having too many last year won’t be his position when he gets to the end of July with the defensive and attacking players we have in the squad.

It will have to be before Aug 8th if we want PL or Championship loans in as their windows shut then
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 22:46 - Jul 7 with 2256 viewsxrayspecs

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 22:35 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

It will have to be before Aug 8th if we want PL or Championship loans in as their windows shut then

Is that not their deadline for signing players?

We can sign their players up until our deadline?
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 23:24 - Jul 7 with 2247 viewsElderGrizzly

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 22:46 - Jul 7 by xrayspecs

Is that not their deadline for signing players?

We can sign their players up until our deadline?

I thought the deadline for them was both in and out?

Appreciate ours is 2nd Sept
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 07:07 - Jul 8 with 2195 viewsxrayspecs

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 23:24 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

I thought the deadline for them was both in and out?

Appreciate ours is 2nd Sept

No, they can let players go after their deadline passes. Would expect to see a lot of clubs waiting until their window is shut before confirming fringe players can go out on loan.
Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 08:33 - Jul 8 with 2163 viewsitfcjoe

Absolutely no money available for transfers then on 22:35 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

They can let players out after, so won't really affect us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024