Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... 11:41 - Jul 17 with 4014 viewsKieran_Knows

... have pulled a crafty one this summer. A couple of years ago, they were linked with a young lad called George Hirst at Sheffield Wednesday who were quoting a ridiculous sum for him. He ran down his contract to last summer in the hope that he could then sign for Leicester (whether through tribunal or Leicester agreeing a compensation fee due to his age). They couldn't so he ended up joining OH Leuven in Belgium, which are a club owned by the same owners as Leicesters, and because he went abroad, the compensation figure was something like £200k.

He's spent the year there .... and guess what, he joined the Leicester academy a couple of weeks back (for what I can see, virtually nothing).

Good way of going around things, albeit him having to spend the year in Belgium.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 11:42]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:43 - Jul 17 with 3690 viewsReuser_is_God

Are you suggesting ME buys another football club?

Poor fcukers.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:44 - Jul 17 with 3678 viewschicoazul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Bruges

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:45 - Jul 17 with 3666 viewsitfcjoe

Sheff Weds were treating him badly in the run up to it, he was being promised he'd be a first teamer so was saying he wanted a first team wage, which they wouldn't give him so he was making point that he won't be treated as such - subsequently wasn't.

They were spewing when he went to Leuven as this was obviously going to happen - but his development has really stalled. Been poor for England last few times he's been playing.

It is mentioned on this thread last year...
Couple of bits of youth football news.... by itfcjoe 11 Sep 2018 11:13
There is definitely an element of that, I also think that some of these players putting the cart before the horse are helping their situations out in the short and long term.

Ampadu impressing for Wales in senior internationals is much more noticeable to Sarri than Chalobah at ITFC playing for England U19s.

Everything seems to be a power struggle currently, the players are starting to win out a bit more, and with these guys like Woodburn, Brooks, Mepham getting senior caps and impressing they are getting themselves more in the public eye, and pushing careers on faster also. It's very interesting stuff to follow.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:46 - Jul 17 with 3656 viewsSamWhiteUK

Workarounds like this are ridiculous and indicative of the state of the game. Clubs getting shafted if players go abroad, clubs feeling the need to exploit these rules, clubs demanding ridiculous money for kids, big clubs just cherry picking all the youth.....
I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:46 - Jul 17 with 3657 viewsSitfcB

Yeah saw someone comment on Ben Knight yesterday saying City could’ve done that with him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:50 - Jul 17 with 3623 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:45 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

Sheff Weds were treating him badly in the run up to it, he was being promised he'd be a first teamer so was saying he wanted a first team wage, which they wouldn't give him so he was making point that he won't be treated as such - subsequently wasn't.

They were spewing when he went to Leuven as this was obviously going to happen - but his development has really stalled. Been poor for England last few times he's been playing.

It is mentioned on this thread last year...
Couple of bits of youth football news.... by itfcjoe 11 Sep 2018 11:13
There is definitely an element of that, I also think that some of these players putting the cart before the horse are helping their situations out in the short and long term.

Ampadu impressing for Wales in senior internationals is much more noticeable to Sarri than Chalobah at ITFC playing for England U19s.

Everything seems to be a power struggle currently, the players are starting to win out a bit more, and with these guys like Woodburn, Brooks, Mepham getting senior caps and impressing they are getting themselves more in the public eye, and pushing careers on faster also. It's very interesting stuff to follow.

Ah yes, I thought there had been a thread on it at some point!

On another note with English players abroad, Trippier to Atletico Madrid and Lookman back off to RB Leipzig. Good moves them.

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:56 - Jul 17 with 3563 viewsElderGrizzly

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:50 - Jul 17 by Kieran_Knows

On another note with English players abroad, Trippier to Atletico Madrid and Lookman back off to RB Leipzig. Good moves them.

Trippier for only £20m seems very cheap

Lookman looks a mistake by Everton that will come back to bite them
I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:59 - Jul 17 with 3549 viewsitfcjoe

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:50 - Jul 17 by Kieran_Knows

Not sure about Trippier - thought he was going to Napoli but not sure how an attacking full back will fare under Simeone as he doesn't have them get forward

Great move for Lookman, how Everton have doubled their money on him after how they treated him is mad - I imagine Lookman will end up playing for Nigeria

Login to get fewer ads

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:59 - Jul 17 with 3544 viewsclive_baker

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:56 - Jul 17 by ElderGrizzly

Trippier for only £20m seems very cheap

Lookman looks a mistake by Everton that will come back to bite them

Yes, by todays standards Trippier looks cheap at £20m. He's 80% of a Tyrone Mings.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 12:00 - Jul 17 with 3524 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:59 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

Not sure about Trippier - thought he was going to Napoli but not sure how an attacking full back will fare under Simeone as he doesn't have them get forward

Great move for Lookman, how Everton have doubled their money on him after how they treated him is mad - I imagine Lookman will end up playing for Nigeria

Thought the same re Trippier - defending isn’t really his strong point so Atletico seems an odd fit for him. On the flip side if playing for them can help him develop that side of his game to go with the attacking output then he could really kick on over there

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 12:02 - Jul 17 with 3510 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:59 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

True, still think it's a good move just because I think it's always decent to see English lads go abroad.

Indeed, think that loan spell at RB Leipzig a couple of years ago has really what kept his price high. He'll be a hit there again.

Also looks like Reece Oxford could be going back to Augburg permanently.

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 12:58 - Jul 17 with 3297 viewsVaughan8

I don't really know the situation but this is part of football I don't like. Leicester are hardly poor and I'm guessing sheff we'd wanted a ridiculous price, but they could have just paid whatever the tribunal fee was instead of saving a tiny bit in their financial level.

Sane as when Watford were loaning players for free of Udinese and that Spanish team......

Ok they aren't breaking any rules but soon teams will be using this to exploit fees being paid.
I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 13:02 - Jul 17 with 3275 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:43 - Jul 17 by Reuser_is_God

Poor fcukers.

Maybe we could take a couple of fortuna players on loan
I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 13:06 - Jul 17 with 3235 viewsTractorCam

They better hope he's good after going through all that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 13:10 - Jul 17 with 3215 viewsJ2BLUE

Owning stakes in multiple clubs should be banned. It's an unfair advantage. Especially cases like the Pozzo family who owned clubs in La Liga, Premier League and Serie A at the same time and used it to their advantage. Not impossible that Watford could have played their other clubs in the Europa League.

Needs to be banned and quickly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 13:16 - Jul 17 with 3192 viewsitfcjoe

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 13:10 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

Owning stakes in multiple clubs should be banned. It's an unfair advantage. Especially cases like the Pozzo family who owned clubs in La Liga, Premier League and Serie A at the same time and used it to their advantage. Not impossible that Watford could have played their other clubs in the Europa League.

Needs to be banned and quickly.

It is impossible because UEFA don't allow it in their competitions

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 14:39 - Jul 17 with 2988 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 13:16 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

Fair enough but the loaning of players between the two was ridiculous.

In fact, i'm surprised no big foreign team owner have bought a Championship club and loaned some big players over just for the riches of the Prem.

Truly impaired.

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 2956 viewswkj

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 11:43 - Jul 17 by Reuser_is_God

Poor fcukers.

RIP Waterford United

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 14:59 - Jul 17 with 2900 viewsHullblue

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 13:16 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

How do you reckon that would work if they both qualified? Bound to happen soon enough.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:10 - Jul 17 with 2855 viewsitfcjoe

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 14:59 - Jul 17 by Hullblue

How do you reckon that would work if they both qualified? Bound to happen soon enough.

They'd have to give up their holding in one club - or more likely split the family and just have some own one and others own the other and nothing change....

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:10 - Jul 17 with 2849 viewsitfcjoe

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 14:39 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

In fact, i'm surprised no big foreign team owner have bought a Championship club and loaned some big players over just for the riches of the Prem.

That is what happened with Watford in reality

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:22 - Jul 17 with 2797 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 14:39 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

Isn’t that exactly what the Pozzo’s did with Watford?

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:23 - Jul 17 with 2790 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:10 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

That is what happened with Watford in reality

Oh snap, I probably should have scrolled down!

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:39 - Jul 17 with 2744 viewsDanTheMan

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:22 - Jul 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Also this was tried by the Charlton owners, unsuccessfully.

Their set up was really weird as they shared actual resources too, like scouts and stuff. Really didn't like it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 18:01 - Jul 17 with 2545 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't suppose many people will care, but Leicester City... on 15:22 - Jul 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I said 'big' foreign team. I meant like a Champions League club who struggle to compete with Premier League riches. They could effectively send millions back to the foreign club via massive loan fees etc.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024