Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment 21:33 - Jul 28 with 13787 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I have a small theory. Betting £10 on us to win every league game will yield a profit this season.

Whilst Luton would’ve been bigger odds than us last season at the start of the season than we would against the same teams, they returned a decent profit I read a while back across the season.

A fair few clubs return a decent profit each year (10 of the 20* in the premier league least season) and assuming we have a reasonable season like we will imo, I think it may be an interesting experiment. I’m going to try it anyway.

The most important thing with this experiment is:
1) Doing it every game. Even on games I don’t fancy us to win, I will place it. And on games I think we are a great bet, I won’t change the stake. It’ll be £10 every match.

2) Making sure to shop around for the best odds and use the exchange for the maximum profit. £10 at 7/4 and £10 at 6/4 is £2.50 difference just from one match.

Thought it was an interesting thing to do (imo) so I ought to post it on here rather than claim a £150 profit in May.

I’ll update this thread at the end of each month.

* https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/542510/betting-premier-lea
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 21:42]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:38 - Jul 28 with 7464 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Could offset some of your losses by doing the same for us to lose every cup match.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:43 - Jul 28 with 7438 viewsWD19

If we are generally going well the odds will be painfully short and we have the ability to mess it up against anyone on our day. I predict that even if we end up in the playoffs you will make a small loss.
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:48 - Jul 28 with 7393 viewsJ2BLUE

Good luck. Got to say I don't like the idea of using £460 for a trial but I hope you make a profit!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:56 - Jul 28 with 7365 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:48 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Good luck. Got to say I don't like the idea of using £460 for a trial but I hope you make a profit!

I was going to do this last season but didn’t know who to do it with (Exeter in League 2 was the one I was looking at before it started).

This season I was between us in League 1 or Bradford in League 2. It’s something that I think, whilst it won’t make a massive win (that £150 I joked about in the OP was too much I’d expect), I think if you can find the right team, it’ll be something that you can make a consistent profit on each season. If it pays for my outright bets (so far £12.50 each way on Town to win league 1 and the same stake for Norwood Top scorer), I’d be pleased.

It’s not going to be £460 either tbf as we will win at least a third of our games I would like to think but expect it to be over half tbh.

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:57 - Jul 28 with 7351 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:43 - Jul 28 by WD19

If we are generally going well the odds will be painfully short and we have the ability to mess it up against anyone on our day. I predict that even if we end up in the playoffs you will make a small loss.

It’s interesting imo.

Best price on us to beat Burton is 17/10 with Betvictor. That’s definitely achievable and it won’t take many wins at that sort of price to be ahead.

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:01 - Jul 28 with 7326 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yeah ok but who's doing the acca?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:03 - Jul 28 with 7317 viewsSitfcB

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:01 - Jul 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Rommy should take the reigns again IMO.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:03 - Jul 28 with 7316 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:57 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s interesting imo.

Best price on us to beat Burton is 17/10 with Betvictor. That’s definitely achievable and it won’t take many wins at that sort of price to be ahead.

Top 4 last season all won just over half their games.

Bearing in mind a winning run will push the odds shorter, I doubt there was any profit in that strategy with them last season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:03 - Jul 28 with 7316 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:01 - Jul 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Has Bluegold said he isn’t doing it anymore? It took up a lot of my time the two years before but I’d be happy to bring it back if Bluegold doesn’t want to. Can’t be letting it die out! It’s the only creation I’ve ever had.

I’ll PM him.

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:04 - Jul 28 with 7302 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:03 - Jul 28 by SitfcB

Rommy should take the reigns again IMO.

Has Bluegold definitely said he’s no longer running it?

If so, I’d definitely bring it back.

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:14 - Jul 28 with 7236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:03 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Has Bluegold said he isn’t doing it anymore? It took up a lot of my time the two years before but I’d be happy to bring it back if Bluegold doesn’t want to. Can’t be letting it die out! It’s the only creation I’ve ever had.

I’ll PM him.

I know nothing....who is going to win League 2 Rommmers? I have Liverpool, Fulham and Sunderland in a treble so far.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:20 - Jul 28 with 7163 viewsVaughan8

Surely it’s just better to pick teams you think are going to win and are “value” each week?

If we start off well, I think our win odds, especially for home games, will be fairly short.

Good luck with it though. Keep us updated. I'm interested to see how it goes.
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:22 - Jul 28 with 7191 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:14 - Jul 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

I know nothing....who is going to win League 2 Rommmers? I have Liverpool, Fulham and Sunderland in a treble so far.

Bradford. Easily.

They’ve made some cracking signings for League 1 level let alone league 2.

They have a front three of Doyle, Donaldson and Vaughan and frankly there’s no team in league 2 that will be good enough defensively to stop those three smashing goals in left, right and centre.

I’m having a single on them as I think they’re a very decent bet. Of the four leagues, they’re probably my biggest fancy of the lot.

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:28 - Jul 28 with 7162 viewsSE1blue

I would be interested to compare this to putting £10 on Chambers to score any time each match.

Think he'll pick up a few headers this year.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:28 - Jul 28 with 7151 viewsstrikalite

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:20 - Jul 28 by Vaughan8

Surely it’s just better to pick teams you think are going to win and are “value” each week?

If we start off well, I think our win odds, especially for home games, will be fairly short.

Good luck with it though. Keep us updated. I'm interested to see how it goes.

You could do without being greedy..

Rough odds..

Liverpool or City 1/5
Sunderland 8/13
Town 4/7

£10 returns £30,do that every week, you'd get more wins than losses come the end of May..

But people get greedy, it's not enough..
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:28 - Jul 28 with 7159 viewsWestover

I think you will find it hard to make a profit on that bet Rommy if Town won 20 matches you would need to get odds of 11/8 on each match just to break even and if Town are doing well the odds on some matches will be 1/2 1/3 etc so unless they win plenty of away games at good odds it's going to be very difficult, let's hope Town win more than twenty and you make a profit.;-)
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:39 - Jul 28 with 7107 viewsTommyparker

We haven't won ba back games in over 60 matches, fingers crossed that will change this season.
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:48 - Jul 28 with 7059 viewsJohnny_Boy

On a seperate note:-

With VAR being introduced into the Premiership this upcoming season, it's a natural assumption that penalties awarded will be off the chart.

Do your research of the players that are the official penalty takers of each club & lay £10 on anytime Goalscorer on those specific two players.

If Leicester were playing Liverpool: Vardy, Milner,
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 22:51]
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:54 - Jul 28 with 7028 viewswkj

I'm not sure I would be willing to front £460 on an experiment like this, doesn't take a lot to go sour, especially with as nervous as I am for our season

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:59 - Jul 28 with 7006 viewsTommyparker

Just a idea, but when Town have really short odds, you could always do Town win & over 2.5 goals bet.
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 23:04 - Jul 28 with 6983 viewsclive_baker

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 22:54 - Jul 28 by wkj

I'm not sure I would be willing to front £460 on an experiment like this, doesn't take a lot to go sour, especially with as nervous as I am for our season

It’s not fronting £460 though is it? It’s fronting £10 46 times.

That said, I don’t really see the point. The upside potential is relatively light IMO because the odds will be pony for us to win.

I would say a similar experiment would be to do Chamber FGS every week or something. It’s only got to come in twice to be up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 23:11 - Jul 28 with 6933 viewsJohnny_Boy

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 21:48 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Hmmmm. If I had a 'spare' £460 to do this experiment, there isn't much value in the Town wins. 6/4? No doubt only EVENS at home.

Surely the profit would be maximised opting to back a middle level team. A team say, regularlyish able to pull-off a surprise away win @ 6/1.

Whilst they probably wouldn't win as often as ITFC - a regimented defensively organised team 'should' be able to pick up 10 wins on the road in a season. Crucially, on the road to optimise the increased odds.

Now - what team would you pick in The Championship, L1 or L2?
Ideally, they can't be too good - but they can't be too bad either. Must be defensively solid & able to nick a 1-0 win away from home.

Shrewsbry, maybe.
If Lincoln find it too much of a step-up, they'd happily accept mid table.
Dunno. It's a toughy.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 23:22]
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 23:15 - Jul 28 with 6912 viewsJohnny_Boy

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 23:04 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

That said, I don’t really see the point. The upside potential is relatively light IMO because the odds will be pony for us to win.

I would say a similar experiment would be to do Chamber FGS every week or something. It’s only got to come in twice to be up.

Can you front me £10 forty six times please.

Cheers

X x
Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 23:39 - Jul 28 with 6836 viewsJ2BLUE

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 23:04 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

It's a fair point about the money. Hopefully he finishes well up. Might be a good idea to look back at previous league tables and look at how many games the team finishing top lost each season. Not suggesting we'll finish top but say Luton lost 8 games he could think of it as starting on -8 points and could he get back to a profit based on average wins an average price of whatever he's expecting. I think home and away our average price will be about evens.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Betting £10 on us to win before every LEAGUE game - An experiment on 06:29 - Jul 29 with 6606 viewsgordon

This is daft - if we start doing well enough, the odds will turn rubbish pretty quick. Isn't it going to make you more profit to just put £460 on us to finish top 2 or top 6?

For example, if you had an inkling that Luton were going to do well, would you have won more with your method or by putting it all on Luton to win promotion before the season started?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 6:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024