Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! 13:02 - Aug 1 with 1137 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We are signing a bloke with plenty of experience at this level, who will likely be a 4th choice, at best 3rd choice, on a short term deal, for peanuts!

I am outraged.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:08 - Aug 1 with 1106 viewsOsborneOneNil

Makes you wonder what people want, eh
FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 1079 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:08 - Aug 1 by OsborneOneNil

It's amazing.

We have Chambers, finally mentally and physically fit playing a level below what he is capable of and I think he will be exceptional.

Nsiala got better and better and was superb towards the end of the season and was one of the standout players in this division two years ago.

Woolfenden looks the future and has impressed me every time I have seen him.

But one is suspended and one injured for Saturday, meaning a young lad at the back. He's going to need an experienced partner and we are signing one. A player who will then be out of the squad most likely when everyone is available and won't expect to be in it.

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:15 - Aug 1 with 1056 viewsbraveblue

By experience do you mean not being able to get in a League 2 side? Happy clappy.
FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:16 - Aug 1 with 1048 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:15 - Aug 1 by braveblue

By experience do you mean not being able to get in a League 2 side? Happy clappy.

Yes that's what we will focus on. He joined a League Two side with an established CB pairing that were top of the league and couldn't dislodge them through being good in training.

So let's ignore his entire career and all the League One experience shall we.

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:17 - Aug 1 with 1038 viewsSwansea_Blue

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:08 - Aug 1 by OsborneOneNil

Rachel Riley, covered in golden syrup

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:20 - Aug 1 with 1027 viewsBeckets

I think he’s been signed as cover at right back and centre back and we’ll see Emmanuel or Donacien loaned out or permanently transferred.
FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:24 - Aug 1 with 1001 viewsitfcjoe

You love a straw man, and a new thread

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:25 - Aug 1 with 990 viewsWestcountryblue

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:20 - Aug 1 by Beckets

I think he’s been signed as cover at right back and centre back and we’ll see Emmanuel or Donacien loaned out or permanently transferred.

Donacien would've been better if we are talking about cover. He can play right across the back 4.

Think PL missed a trick at not doing that and bringing in a genuine starter at RB.
Login to get fewer ads

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:26 - Aug 1 with 987 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think it's unfair to be uninspired by this signing. You make some good points but the facts are that he was released by Lincoln and has been on trial quite a while which suggests he has few other options, especially at clubs the size of Ipswich.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:26 - Aug 1 with 986 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Default setting of the bed wetters.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:28 - Aug 1 with 973 viewshaynes_toe1

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:26 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, what's hilarious is this thread which conveniently ignores the bigger picture as to why fans might not be jumping up and down that we've signed someone who couldnt force his way into a league 2 team last season.
FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:29 - Aug 1 with 964 viewsBeckets

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:25 - Aug 1 by Westcountryblue

Donacien would've been better if we are talking about cover. He can play right across the back 4.

Think PL missed a trick at not doing that and bringing in a genuine starter at RB.

True but Lambert doesn’t appear to rate Donacien....or Emmanuel for that matter! Makes the absence of a nailed on first choice right back all the more confusing.
FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:30 - Aug 1 with 957 viewsBlueySwede

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:10 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It's amazing.

We have Chambers, finally mentally and physically fit playing a level below what he is capable of and I think he will be exceptional.

Nsiala got better and better and was superb towards the end of the season and was one of the standout players in this division two years ago.

Woolfenden looks the future and has impressed me every time I have seen him.

But one is suspended and one injured for Saturday, meaning a young lad at the back. He's going to need an experienced partner and we are signing one. A player who will then be out of the squad most likely when everyone is available and won't expect to be in it.

The worry for me is that our manager has stated he wants three players in (not loans). And I sincerely doubt that WIlson was one of those intended targets (might be wrong).
I don´t mind Wilson at all. But why is it so hard for Evans to supply the managers of what they want? (I doubt Lambert has given Evans a list of players that will cost massive money/wages).
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 13:31]
FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:36 - Aug 1 with 922 viewsNaylorsboots

You seem to be the chief instigater of bed wetters. Its your favourite phrase on here.
"He joined a league two side" (n/t) on 13:38 - Aug 1 with 910 viewsBloots

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:16 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Yes that's what we will focus on. He joined a League Two side with an established CB pairing that were top of the league and couldn't dislodge them through being good in training.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

"He joined a league two side" (n/t) on 13:49 - Aug 1 with 872 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

"He joined a league two side" (n/t) on 13:38 - Aug 1 by Bloots

Giovanni Dos Santos joined us in the Championship the season after he'd played about 20 times for Barcelona.

Not sure what your point is.

So there's nobody in the Championship who could play in the Premier League then? Nobody in League Two that could play in League One.

Half the players in the lower leagues join clubs for family or location reasons, not because it's the extent of their ability.

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:04 - Aug 1 with 833 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:36 - Aug 1 by Naylorsboots

You seem to be the chief instigater of bed wetters. Its your favourite phrase on here.

Instigator is the wrong choice of word.

But yes, it does sum up a proportion of the forum.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 14:18]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:04 - Aug 1 with 825 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:28 - Aug 1 by haynes_toe1

No, what's hilarious is this thread which conveniently ignores the bigger picture as to why fans might not be jumping up and down that we've signed someone who couldnt force his way into a league 2 team last season.

No one said fans should be jumping up and down.

Think youve read something that isnt there.

Thats an indicator of a bed wetter.

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:33 - Aug 1 with 745 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not sure if you remind me more of those 'don't criticise the Dear Leader' Labourites on here or the 'It'll all be fairies, unicorns, blue passports and no foreigners' Brexiteer crowd.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 14:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:34 - Aug 1 with 738 viewsdirtyboy

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:30 - Aug 1 by BlueySwede

The worry for me is that our manager has stated he wants three players in (not loans). And I sincerely doubt that WIlson was one of those intended targets (might be wrong).
I don´t mind Wilson at all. But why is it so hard for Evans to supply the managers of what they want? (I doubt Lambert has given Evans a list of players that will cost massive money/wages).
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 13:31]

Lambert wants Ronaldo probably, we can't afford him is the reality.

I'm sure i'm not alone in growing very tired of people permanently going on and on an on about Evans putting more money in to give the manager (and fans) what they want.

I too want Rachel Riley covered in golden syrup, but do you know what? You don't always get what you want in life....deal with it and accept what you have and be grateful we're not doing a Bolton or Bury, rather than enviously wishing you had some wealthy middle Eastern Country owning the purse strings...

I wish I had a 12" cock, but rather than staring at those who do with green eyes, I f******* knuckle down, dig deep and press on as best as I f****** can with the paltry 10 inches I was given and get the job done regardless.

Do I complain? No.
"He joined a league two side" (n/t) on 14:44 - Aug 1 with 699 viewsBlueBadger

"He joined a league two side" (n/t) on 13:49 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Giovanni Dos Santos joined us in the Championship the season after he'd played about 20 times for Barcelona.

So there's nobody in the Championship who could play in the Premier League then? Nobody in League Two that could play in League One.

Half the players in the lower leagues join clubs for family or location reasons, not because it's the extent of their ability.

But most of the time it's because of their ability.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:53 - Aug 1 with 676 viewsBlueBadger

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 13:16 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Isn't taking hopeful punts on lower league players what landed us in this mess in the first place?

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:55 - Aug 1 with 666 viewsBlueySwede

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:34 - Aug 1 by dirtyboy

Lambert wants Ronaldo probably, we can't afford him is the reality.

I'm sure i'm not alone in growing very tired of people permanently going on and on an on about Evans putting more money in to give the manager (and fans) what they want.

I too want Rachel Riley covered in golden syrup, but do you know what? You don't always get what you want in life....deal with it and accept what you have and be grateful we're not doing a Bolton or Bury, rather than enviously wishing you had some wealthy middle Eastern Country owning the purse strings...

I wish I had a 12" cock, but rather than staring at those who do with green eyes, I f******* knuckle down, dig deep and press on as best as I f****** can with the paltry 10 inches I was given and get the job done regardless.

Do I complain? No.

Ronaldo? Over the hill. Not good enough.
Seriously though. Not complaining.
I just trust managers to know better than Evans what is needed in order to stay up, in order to go for promotion, etc. As you say, it is Evans choice to not give them what they want.
But that also raises the question - would we be happy with ITFC trading water in League one, declining year by year? (if that happens).
I don´t even believe that our current or previous managers are/have been asking for much, we have been shopping in the bargain department for a long time now.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 14:56]
"He joined a league two side" (n/t) on 15:00 - Aug 1 with 645 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

"He joined a league two side" (n/t) on 13:49 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Gio wasn’t good enough for the Premier League though, that’s why he was loaned out, subsequently sold and ended up in the US

I also doubt there’s many defenders that can’t get in League Two sides that can play in League One

It doesn’t really matter though, Wilson is basically this years Giles Coke or Jordan Roberts equivalent

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 15:07 - Aug 1 with 619 viewsdirtyboy

FFS! Panic! What! Evans Out! Arrrggghhh! on 14:55 - Aug 1 by BlueySwede

Ronaldo? Over the hill. Not good enough.
Seriously though. Not complaining.
I just trust managers to know better than Evans what is needed in order to stay up, in order to go for promotion, etc. As you say, it is Evans choice to not give them what they want.
But that also raises the question - would we be happy with ITFC trading water in League one, declining year by year? (if that happens).
I don´t even believe that our current or previous managers are/have been asking for much, we have been shopping in the bargain department for a long time now.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 14:56]

I believe Evans is a businessman.

I believe he had a number in mind that he was prepared to spend when he took over.

I believe he's gone far beyond that initial number and is now acting as a custodian and is probably fairly bitter about fans who blame him for throwing millions at their club without success....many clubs do the same.

Keane...I thought he'd do well, Jewell, I thought he'd do okay, McCarthy did do ok, Hurst, I was excited for, turned out dog, Lambert.....I don't know what to think.

Generally, his decisions have been fairly well met over the years, it's only hindsight that's made us question him.

In my eyes, Keane destroyed this club, not Evans, but I wouldn't be surprised if ME genuinely has to be careful in what he spends.

However, if we are doing well, I doubt he'll miss the same opportunity to strengthen again, he will recognise that and it's a case of being patient, waiting for the right foundations to be in place (youth) and reacting at the right time, he's no mug, you don't get that wealth without being a bit savvy, so he'll learn and will do as best as he can of that I'm sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024