Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daryl Murphy 08:15 - Aug 9 with 4477 viewschicoazul

Surely this has to happen right? He is pretty much exactly what we need, knows the club, has had a full pre-season (I think) at Forest, and is bound to score goals in Division 3. Make it happen Marcus!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Daryl Murphy on 08:18 - Aug 9 with 3659 viewsACP84

Does he have the hunger though?

Great player but he's had his time, can't keep living in the past
Daryl Murphy on 08:20 - Aug 9 with 3632 viewsdavblue

Daryl Murphy on 08:18 - Aug 9 by ACP84

Does he have the hunger though?

Great player but he's had his time, can't keep living in the past

exactly the type we need, i wouldn't be averse to it another experienced type, i don't see too many younger target men types around at the moment.
Daryl Murphy on 08:21 - Aug 9 with 3619 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Daryl Murphy on 08:44 - Aug 9 with 3474 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy on 08:21 - Aug 9 by BryanPlug

He won't have the legs he had no, but he would I am guessing still be strong powerful and have good movement. He'd be ideal up there with Norwood, Jackson etc and another great senior example for Lankaster, El miz, Downes etc

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Daryl Murphy on 08:46 - Aug 9 with 3465 viewsElderGrizzly

I certainly can’t see him wanting to just sit in the U23s at Forest.

I wonder if Sunderland would be after him, as along with us there won’t be many who can afford even part of his reported £25k a week wage
Daryl Murphy on 08:49 - Aug 9 with 3440 viewsWD19

I am guessing it is him you need to convince.

If he wants to travel down here and take a sensible wage I am sure we would be delighted to have him.

Well I say 'sure'. PL does seem to have some pretty strong ideas on who he does/doesn't like.

It might be that at his stage he just wants a gig close to home with no pressure (inevitably if he came to us pressure and expectation would be higher than if he went to tinpot FC as a completely new joiner).
Daryl Murphy on 08:50 - Aug 9 with 3414 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Daryl Murphy on 08:49 - Aug 9 by WD19

I am guessing it is him you need to convince.

If he wants to travel down here and take a sensible wage I am sure we would be delighted to have him.

Well I say 'sure'. PL does seem to have some pretty strong ideas on who he does/doesn't like.

It might be that at his stage he just wants a gig close to home with no pressure (inevitably if he came to us pressure and expectation would be higher than if he went to tinpot FC as a completely new joiner).

Serious question...

...where is Murphys family based?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Daryl Murphy on 08:58 - Aug 9 with 3365 viewsGuthrum

Can we afford whatever wages he may want, particularly within the stricter L1 FFP rules?

Also, would hate to see him do a Douglas, where a formerly good player falls over a cliff fitness-wise and loses the greater portion of his mobility.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Daryl Murphy on 09:01 - Aug 9 with 3332 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy on 08:58 - Aug 9 by Guthrum

Can we afford whatever wages he may want, particularly within the stricter L1 FFP rules?

Also, would hate to see him do a Douglas, where a formerly good player falls over a cliff fitness-wise and loses the greater portion of his mobility.

Just make him a coach like Derby have done with Rooney.

Daryl Murphy on 09:17 - Aug 9 with 3258 viewsGuthrum

Daryl Murphy on 09:01 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Just make him a coach like Derby have done with Rooney.

Not such a bad suggestion, he has a lot of experience to pass on. But his salary would still have to come out of the same wage pot.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Daryl Murphy on 09:23 - Aug 9 with 3227 viewswkj

Daryl Murphy on 09:17 - Aug 9 by Guthrum

Not such a bad suggestion, he has a lot of experience to pass on. But his salary would still have to come out of the same wage pot.

When Murph was here I always liked the idea of him retiring into coaching here, so, I too agree with this idea.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Daryl Murphy on 09:26 - Aug 9 with 3209 viewsDyland

Daryl Murphy on 08:58 - Aug 9 by Guthrum

"the greater portion of" was completely superfluous.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Daryl Murphy on 10:04 - Aug 9 with 3040 viewshoppy

Daryl Murphy on 09:26 - Aug 9 by Dyland

"the greater portion of" was completely superfluous.

"completely" was superfluous.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

emphasis dear boy on 10:05 - Aug 9 with 3018 viewsDyland

Daryl Murphy on 10:04 - Aug 9 by hoppy

"completely" was superfluous.

nft

Daryl Murphy on 10:07 - Aug 9 with 3002 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't see it. Would be brilliant but I just can't see any way it comes off.

What would we be prepared to pay? £5k a week maximum? I reckon Forest might considering him worth keeping if they are only going to save a couple of hundred k on his deal.

Then factor in he's 36 and if he gets injured we are screwed and I just doubt we'll take the risk.

Evans has said there is money for 2-3 players. Obviously he means frees or loans but i'll believe it when I see it. I reckon we might end up with an uninspiring cheap loan striker and that will be that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Daryl Murphy on 10:14 - Aug 9 with 2958 viewsTractorJack

It does make me laugh when I see people calling for Murhpy to return when there's been so much slating of MMs style of football. He was a main facet of that.
Daryl Murphy on 10:26 - Aug 9 with 2885 viewsBloomBlue

Daryl Murphy on 10:14 - Aug 9 by TractorJack

It does make me laugh when I see people calling for Murhpy to return when there's been so much slating of MMs style of football. He was a main facet of that.

I know makes me laugh too. Constant moaning about hoof football of MM and the main reason Murphy scored so many was we played that hoof style. Never scored as many before or since because none of the other teams he played for played hoof football and now fans want to go back to that.

I've always said it, if a team is scoring and winning fans couldn't give a shlt what style of football the team plays.
Daryl Murphy on 10:30 - Aug 9 with 2853 viewsDyland

Isn't the whole vibe about signing players and bringing through academy lads that we can develop over two to four years?

Not sure how Daryl fits into this plan.

Daryl Murphy on 10:52 - Aug 9 with 2771 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy on 10:30 - Aug 9 by Dyland

Isn't the whole vibe about signing players and bringing through academy lads that we can develop over two to four years?

We don't have anyone in the Academy or anywhere else in the club who brings what he can bring, Morris and Folami both badly injured, Lambp said Lankester is going to be "months" away. I dont think we would be holding back anyone's development if we had him.

Daryl Murphy on 12:17 - Aug 9 with 2613 viewsBryanPlug

Daryl Murphy on 10:26 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

I know makes me laugh too. Constant moaning about hoof football of MM and the main reason Murphy scored so many was we played that hoof style. Never scored as many before or since because none of the other teams he played for played hoof football and now fans want to go back to that.

I've always said it, if a team is scoring and winning fans couldn't give a shlt what style of football the team plays.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Daryl Murphy on 12:25 - Aug 9 with 2581 viewsWestcountryblue

Daryl Murphy on 10:30 - Aug 9 by Dyland

I think it's a good strategy to pursue, but a little naive in our current situation.

If we want to bring on and develop young prospects, that needs to be done in the Championship where we can move players on at an inflated price. Another season in league one will see us lose Downes, Dozzell, Woolfenden, Bishop, Lankester et al...

We need to plug that 9m loss in revenue and the very real prospect of young players not wanting to play in league one.

Murphy would be a great addition and he'd provide Norwood with a rest during checkertrade, league and FA cup fixtures.
Daryl Murphy on 12:30 - Aug 9 with 2556 viewsActionMan

If the cost was right then yes, he'd be a great addition to the squad and should be a cut above this league, but I just don't see Evans parting with any more cash for wages until he's able to offload more.

Will Keane is still without a club so theres another cheaper option we could look into, but again cost and whether or not he can remain fit. In an ideal world we'd sign both to mix in with Jackson and Norwood as and when, we also know Murphy can play reasonably well with Sears too, but as stated by Evans he's unable to fund anything extravagant. My fear is with Murphy is he could go back to Sunderland or even somewhere like Rotherham, Portsmouth or the like and be a real asset there and knowing our luck he'd be banging them in.
Daryl Murphy on 12:31 - Aug 9 with 2552 viewsEireannach_gorm

Daryl Murphy on 08:50 - Aug 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Serious question...

...where is Murphys family based?

They moved to Ireland when he went to Forest.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1621636/ireland-striker-daryl-murphy-plans-
Daryl Murphy on 12:33 - Aug 9 with 2547 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Reminds me of when Alan Lee came back. Didn't play a single game, but was a useful one to have around the dressing room and has gone on to be a good coach at the club.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Daryl Murphy on 12:36 - Aug 9 with 2528 viewsActionMan

Daryl Murphy on 12:33 - Aug 9 by ThatMuhrenCross

Reminds me of when Alan Lee came back. Didn't play a single game, but was a useful one to have around the dressing room and has gone on to be a good coach at the club.

He had a cameo against Preston in the FA Cup. It's a bit different having a coach who was an ex-player registered though, we had that with Jordan Rhodes dad we were so hard up for Goalkeeper cover one year! I am surprised Keiron didn't do the same when he came back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024