Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist 21:13 - Aug 13 with 48768 viewshatch

Not impressed from our fans.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 06:08 - Aug 17 with 735 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:17 - Aug 14 by Oxford_Blue

What is racist about these?

Seriously. Has the world gone totally mad?

This was my immediate reaction on page 1. Because they seem innocent enough on their own.

But then someone explained the context to why these would be sung and the intent behind them. And there’s no argument. It’s clearly wrong. I’m only just reading the rest of the thread now (asides from noticing the Luton fan/kn0bhead who’s hanging round like a bad smell) and more and more stuff has come out since like ‘England and you f**ked it up’ and ‘Boris Johnson he’s coming for you’ ffs. Stuff like that ought to be completely condemned. No ifs buts or maybes. The intention is racist and cannot be defended.

Put it this way.. I’m taking my Iranian born best friend to the Rochdale away game in September. It’ll be her first experience of an ipswich game (we did go to an arsenal home game last season with a mate of ours). She’s very much looking forward to it and I’ve warned her it’ll be a very different experience to an Arsenal home game. But imagine if she was to hear chants like that at the Rochdale game, how the hell would I be able to explain that?

It’s good to see, for the sake of humanity as much as the club, the overall majority have condemned the chants.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 6:12]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 06:28 - Aug 17 with 724 viewsm14_blue

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 06:08 - Aug 17 by The_Romford_Blue

This was my immediate reaction on page 1. Because they seem innocent enough on their own.

But then someone explained the context to why these would be sung and the intent behind them. And there’s no argument. It’s clearly wrong. I’m only just reading the rest of the thread now (asides from noticing the Luton fan/kn0bhead who’s hanging round like a bad smell) and more and more stuff has come out since like ‘England and you f**ked it up’ and ‘Boris Johnson he’s coming for you’ ffs. Stuff like that ought to be completely condemned. No ifs buts or maybes. The intention is racist and cannot be defended.

Put it this way.. I’m taking my Iranian born best friend to the Rochdale away game in September. It’ll be her first experience of an ipswich game (we did go to an arsenal home game last season with a mate of ours). She’s very much looking forward to it and I’ve warned her it’ll be a very different experience to an Arsenal home game. But imagine if she was to hear chants like that at the Rochdale game, how the hell would I be able to explain that?

It’s good to see, for the sake of humanity as much as the club, the overall majority have condemned the chants.

This x100
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 14:42 - Aug 17 with 572 viewsnoggin

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 06:08 - Aug 17 by The_Romford_Blue

If you do hear it at Rochdale, I hope other fans will come together to stop it. Rochdale has a large immigrant population so it's highly possible that these idiots will try.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024