Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist 21:13 - Aug 13 with 48762 viewshatch

Not impressed from our fans.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 01:00 - Aug 14 with 6394 viewsSpruceMoose

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 23:40 - Aug 13 by blueconscience

Such a shame, I thought we were making progress when we spoke last week, as you responded nicely to one of my posts.

Never mind, I will only lose 3 nights sleep over this.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 23:46]

I don't even remember talking to you before if I'm honest!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:04 - Aug 14 with 6250 viewsblueconscience

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 01:00 - Aug 14 by SpruceMoose

I don't even remember talking to you before if I'm honest!

Must be the drinks you said you were going out for that afternoon which obviously made you forget. But don’t worry, forgetting usually means you had plenty of alcohol and fun, I am happy for you.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 7:17]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:25 - Aug 14 with 6195 viewsBryanPlug

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:17 - Aug 13 by hatch

‘One Boris Johnson’
‘ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND’
‘God save our gracious queen’

I’m sure I just heard a quiet chant about Tommy Robinson that didn’t get going.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:40 - Aug 14 with 6160 viewsBluefish

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:25 - Aug 14 by BryanPlug

Err no definitely not, nor was the national anthem

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:03 - Aug 14 with 6115 viewsbrazil1982

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:16 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

It wasn’t “ verging in racist” it WAS racist . I’m absolutely gobsmacked that the 4/5 lads weren’t arrested tbh. The police stood right behind them at the back of the stand.

There was NO EXCUSE for this despicable behaviour, and it is not something that Ipswich Town fans are associated with.

Frankly they should be identified and banned!

Arrested for what?
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:16 - Aug 14 with 6078 viewsfooters

Well, this thread has served as a useful who's who of bigoted twonks.

Thanks

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:30 - Aug 14 with 6037 viewsnoggin

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 23:06 - Aug 13 by Hatter46

LUTON as a whole voted to leave the EU , not just me .
Lot of the moslem community did actually, they don`t like being inundated with eastern Europeans or Africans coming in either via the eu or outside it . Isn`t local politics fascinating …

we`ve heard it all before, town full of taliban, town full of mosques, town full of terrorists ( been a few of the 1st and 3rd here actually, and no 2 is accurate ) Not actually racist though

We LAUGH at all of it

Tommy Robinson comes to Luton games...and happily has his picture taken with the few moslem supporters we have . Get your heads round that one if you believe the media / establishment drivel .

Shall we trawl the internet for evidence of SYL hating muslims and spreading his hatred? It shouldn't take long. The funny thing is, he's making a nice little nest egg from his knuckle dragging supporters.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:40 - Aug 14 with 6014 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I was at the game. I think there are some fair points on here and some not. Chants like "There's only one Boris Johnson" I can kind of let go. It is probably a bit inappropriate but don't think its a major offence.

Singing the national anthem at club games has always been weird. The songs about never having a British passport were out of order. I think these songs often do the rounds at Luton hence why no action was taken at the game. I don't think the fans are racist just a bit stupid and guilty of trying to act the big man.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:44 - Aug 14 with 5988 viewsGaryCooper

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:03 - Aug 14 by brazil1982

Arrested for what?

Having a different but obnoxious view, that is the way forward, imprison and ban differing but bad mannered obnoxious views.

Liberalism at it's finest.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:44 - Aug 14 with 5987 viewsBryanPlug

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:40 - Aug 14 by Bluefish

Err no definitely not, nor was the national anthem

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:44 - Aug 14 with 5987 viewsbrazil1982

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:40 - Aug 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

I was at the game. I think there are some fair points on here and some not. Chants like "There's only one Boris Johnson" I can kind of let go. It is probably a bit inappropriate but don't think its a major offence.

Singing the national anthem at club games has always been weird. The songs about never having a British passport were out of order. I think these songs often do the rounds at Luton hence why no action was taken at the game. I don't think the fans are racist just a bit stupid and guilty of trying to act the big man.

Would it be fair to say, there were not many "ethnic" supporters at the game, making the chanting rather pointless anyway?
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:49 - Aug 14 with 5960 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:44 - Aug 14 by brazil1982

Would it be fair to say, there were not many "ethnic" supporters at the game, making the chanting rather pointless anyway?

There were in the Luton end. To be expected it is a very diverse place.

I was more cringing at the fact that there were a couple Town fans who were clearly not white British in the stands. They must have felt a bit awkward I imagine.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:52 - Aug 14 with 5953 viewsitfcjoe

Boris Johnson, he's coming for you......

Not much room for interpretation is there on that one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 09:08 - Aug 14 with 5886 viewsfooters

"There's only one Boris Johnson"

Thank fck for that. But one is still too many, frankly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 09:11 - Aug 14 with 5877 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:52 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

Boris Johnson, he's coming for you......

Not much room for interpretation is there on that one

I am not saying there is. The point I was trying to make, although I admit it is not clear. Is that that one is a bit more silly and childish. Like when people sing the Jimmy Saville one at Leeds, they probably shouldn't but its more immature than making them raging racists and EDL members. I don't agree with it but I was less offended by that than others.

When it picked up in to the passport ones and the National anthem it started to become a bit more intense and out of order IMO.

Haven't really explained that very well, ignore me if you choose to/

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 5862 viewsitfcjoe

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 09:11 - Aug 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

I am not saying there is. The point I was trying to make, although I admit it is not clear. Is that that one is a bit more silly and childish. Like when people sing the Jimmy Saville one at Leeds, they probably shouldn't but its more immature than making them raging racists and EDL members. I don't agree with it but I was less offended by that than others.

When it picked up in to the passport ones and the National anthem it started to become a bit more intense and out of order IMO.

Haven't really explained that very well, ignore me if you choose to/

Yeah, I agree with this fwiw - people being swept along with something they think is funny opposed to a true held opinion that they want to inflict on the rest of us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 09:26 - Aug 14 with 5811 viewsxrayspecs

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 09:14 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

Yeah, I agree with this fwiw - people being swept along with something they think is funny opposed to a true held opinion that they want to inflict on the rest of us

It was ignorant, ill judged and embarrassing to be associated with.

It was asserting that Luton fans were illegal immigrants, would never get a British passport and Boris was going to track them down. All backed up by a rendition of the national anthem.

I am not easily offended and I found it offensive and the type of support we do not need.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 10:48 - Aug 14 with 5696 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:32 - Aug 13 by ActionMan

More Brexit chanting then Edl chanting by that example. By definition to the modern largely middle class left that's as good as racism,and the word England is equally offensive as they are anti States, ethnicity and borders. Just Google it and you'll find tons of examples of this view.

Ipswich voted leave, you can bet your house a solid majority of Town fans are Brexiteers.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:03 - Aug 14 with 5669 viewsBlueBlood90

‘One Boris Johnson’

Our fans sang that?

I'd rather support Norwich than shout anything positive about that cock womble Boris Johnson.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:23 - Aug 14 with 5619 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

‘One Boris Johnson’

There was no chant about Tommy Robinson. That is just a lie

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:30 - Aug 14 with 5612 viewsHogger

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:23 - Aug 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

There was no chant about Tommy Robinson. That is just a lie

It is not a lie friend. A Town fan right next to me started pointing at an Asian Luton fan in the box to our left and chanted 'oh Tommy Tommy' thankfully no one joined in but if this became a regular thing I would find it very hard to got to Town away games again. I remember the days when we all stood up against the NF crazies from up north abusing black ITFC fans... there is no way I would ever be part of any reverse trend.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:31 - Aug 14 with 5616 viewsloyalfan

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 09:26 - Aug 14 by xrayspecs

It was ignorant, ill judged and embarrassing to be associated with.

It was asserting that Luton fans were illegal immigrants, would never get a British passport and Boris was going to track them down. All backed up by a rendition of the national anthem.

I am not easily offended and I found it offensive and the type of support we do not need.

I agree. I stood right behind the “lads”who were singing and all those around me wondered why the Police-who were right by these “fans”- did nothing. We wondered whether just a word of caution might have been in order.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:37 - Aug 14 with 5586 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:30 - Aug 14 by Hogger

It is not a lie friend. A Town fan right next to me started pointing at an Asian Luton fan in the box to our left and chanted 'oh Tommy Tommy' thankfully no one joined in but if this became a regular thing I would find it very hard to got to Town away games again. I remember the days when we all stood up against the NF crazies from up north abusing black ITFC fans... there is no way I would ever be part of any reverse trend.

Ok so one person then. I agree that is out of order and I can assure you that most people in that away end think Robinson is a massive w@nker, and if they don't they are w@nkers.

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 12:09 - Aug 14 with 5534 viewsjeera

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 11:37 - Aug 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

Ok so one person then. I agree that is out of order and I can assure you that most people in that away end think Robinson is a massive w@nker, and if they don't they are w@nkers.

Wouldn't be out of order to apologise to the man you called a liar then.

Not very nice is it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 12:38 - Aug 14 with 5479 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 12:09 - Aug 14 by jeera

Wouldn't be out of order to apologise to the man you called a liar then.

Not very nice is it.

I still have no proof

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024