Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist 21:13 - Aug 13 with 49023 viewshatch

Not impressed from our fans.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 16:44 - Aug 14 with 3496 viewsbaxterbasics

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:16 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

It wasn’t “ verging in racist” it WAS racist . I’m absolutely gobsmacked that the 4/5 lads weren’t arrested tbh. The police stood right behind them at the back of the stand.

There was NO EXCUSE for this despicable behaviour, and it is not something that Ipswich Town fans are associated with.

Frankly they should be identified and banned!

You want people arrested and banned for singing the national anthem and supporting the Prime Minister? Even if there is a deeper context, I think you're stretching it a bit here.

Is this the slide into fascism I keep hearing about?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 18:40 - Aug 14 with 3368 viewsnoggin

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 16:32 - Aug 14 by tabletopjoe

People who make the law.

Which law?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 3353 viewsRadlett_blue

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 13:32 - Aug 14 by hatch

Not commented much on this thread since the start but this is effectively my view. When walking away from the ground with the Coventry fan and Stoke fan I took I was saying that it was a disappointment. But in the joy of chanting many fans just singalong regardless to the content before realising what they’re singing. I’ll admit that I even joined in the first chant before stopping halfway through when I realised what was being implied.

It’s good to see the majority on here agree with that. It’s not that I have even taken offence personally, but like your last paragraph has said it’s about some level of common decency. Speaking out on this forum hopefully prevents re-occurrence and prevents our fantastic fan base (that has been subject to praise in all forms of media and from fellow fans in the past year) from having their image tarnished.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:03]

I would guess a fair few of the Spurs fans who join along with the "Yids" chants don't really know what they are chanting and whether it might be considered offensive. I believe someone, somewhere ( maybe the police) has decided that this one isn't racist chanting.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 19:55 - Aug 14 with 3305 viewsBlue_Moses

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 13:07 - Aug 14 by Simonds92

Possibly the same ones that were doing gear in the pub before the Burton game*. I thought that was just a Millwall thing! Can't understand why you would want to do that before a game.

*Disclaimer there is also a chance that they were all really struggling with hayfever but there was an awful lot of snorting.

A large percentage of the Lower North has that hay-fever problem...
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:47 - Aug 14 with 3216 viewsHatter46

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 16:14 - Aug 14 by Mullet

https://www.luton.gov.uk/Environment/Lists/LutonDocuments/PDF/Planning/Observato

Biggest group of immigrants = Polish
Population by %: White = 65%, Black = 10%, Asian = 25%

Interestingly the Asian population is just over 10% more likely to be in benefits or measured as deprived in some way than the white population, but the numbers are far lower.

I might have misread their data, study and the like though.

Oh I do love it when this bit of data gets rolled out, firstly it`s 8 years out of date.

The council lumped all the ' white ' inhabitants together because that way it doesn`t show you , that being white and English in Luton means you`re actually the minority ( and a continually shrinking one as people leave Luton and elderly residents die off ) compared to the moslem population, particularly the Pakistani population.
It includes not only the Poles,( whose numbers have declined as a lot have returned home after making a load of cash ) but large nos of the Baltic states and other eastern Europeans. It also includes a large southern irish population.

The moslem population in bury park doubled in 10 years , and that figure of 50,000 is well below the actual figure, an awful lot never register on the census, and theres a few thousand illegals in town as well.

Fact of the matter is , Luton has lost its identity as an English town, its sure as hell not the place I knew as a kid . The council proudly proclaim that theres a 135 different languages spoken here ( that they know of ) . I can very easily walk into the town centre here , and not hear a word of English spoken in the street for 3 or 4 minutes, despite being surround by a few thousand people. THAT is the reality and the scope of the social engineering carried out in not only Luton but London, Brum, Leicester by labour, the il-libdems and the tories .
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:51 - Aug 14 with 3209 viewsm14_blue

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:47 - Aug 14 by Hatter46

Oh I do love it when this bit of data gets rolled out, firstly it`s 8 years out of date.

The council lumped all the ' white ' inhabitants together because that way it doesn`t show you , that being white and English in Luton means you`re actually the minority ( and a continually shrinking one as people leave Luton and elderly residents die off ) compared to the moslem population, particularly the Pakistani population.
It includes not only the Poles,( whose numbers have declined as a lot have returned home after making a load of cash ) but large nos of the Baltic states and other eastern Europeans. It also includes a large southern irish population.

The moslem population in bury park doubled in 10 years , and that figure of 50,000 is well below the actual figure, an awful lot never register on the census, and theres a few thousand illegals in town as well.

Fact of the matter is , Luton has lost its identity as an English town, its sure as hell not the place I knew as a kid . The council proudly proclaim that theres a 135 different languages spoken here ( that they know of ) . I can very easily walk into the town centre here , and not hear a word of English spoken in the street for 3 or 4 minutes, despite being surround by a few thousand people. THAT is the reality and the scope of the social engineering carried out in not only Luton but London, Brum, Leicester by labour, the il-libdems and the tories .

Look mate, as last night showed, we have enough of our own EDL, Tommy Robinson supporting types at Ipswich, not sure we need Luton’s on here too.

Enjoy your football, must be great at the moment.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:57 - Aug 14 with 3185 viewsHatter46

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:51 - Aug 14 by m14_blue

Look mate, as last night showed, we have enough of our own EDL, Tommy Robinson supporting types at Ipswich, not sure we need Luton’s on here too.

Enjoy your football, must be great at the moment.

Sorry if the facts of the population make up of Luton upset you , well no I`m not actually .
You can dismiss it all you want because it`s not Ipswich , here though thats not the case.

Yes it is, we`re having fun .
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:58 - Aug 14 with 3185 viewsMullet

So data is no good unless it's "data" you produce with no sources and suits your argument?

What do you mean as "an English town"? Had you read the study it clearly shows there is an age disparity, but Joe's claim is clearly not measurable and yet to be measured according to Luton's own government.

What you describe can indeed happen in suburbs of any major city in this country, have the most populated, wealthiest, largest parts of the country stopped being English too? That seems an incredibly unpatriotic attitude.

Why are you so ashamed that people want to come to your town to live a better life?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:01 - Aug 14 with 3172 viewsblueconscience

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:58 - Aug 14 by Mullet

So data is no good unless it's "data" you produce with no sources and suits your argument?

What do you mean as "an English town"? Had you read the study it clearly shows there is an age disparity, but Joe's claim is clearly not measurable and yet to be measured according to Luton's own government.

What you describe can indeed happen in suburbs of any major city in this country, have the most populated, wealthiest, largest parts of the country stopped being English too? That seems an incredibly unpatriotic attitude.

Why are you so ashamed that people want to come to your town to live a better life?

His post is showing data, and he probably knows more about his home town than any Suffolk people do.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:03 - Aug 14 with 3164 viewsMullet

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:01 - Aug 14 by blueconscience

His post is showing data, and he probably knows more about his home town than any Suffolk people do.

I know hence why I said that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:17 - Aug 14 with 3123 viewsOxford_Blue

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:17 - Aug 13 by hatch

‘One Boris Johnson’
‘ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND’
‘God save our gracious queen’

I’m sure I just heard a quiet chant about Tommy Robinson that didn’t get going.

What is racist about these?

Seriously. Has the world gone totally mad?
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:19 - Aug 14 with 3118 viewsxrayspecs

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:17 - Aug 14 by Oxford_Blue

They are not.

They are also not an accurate description of what was being chanted. Read thread for the details.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 3113 viewsm14_blue

Do you often hear them sung at Ipswich games vs other English teams?

Now, assuming not, why do you think they were sung at Luton?
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:29 - Aug 14 with 3097 viewsblueconscience

“Has the world gone totally mad?”

Yes it has, unfortunately.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 22:55 - Aug 14 with 3044 viewsSpruceMoose

No. It has gone totally moronic though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:25 - Aug 15 with 2984 viewseireblue

Is it the case that Indian Muslims fought in WW2, made Spitfires, then after partition, helped plug gaps in labour shortages in the 1950’s and 1960’s?

After partition People from Pakistan were British Commonwealth citizens.

So after helping the UK build fighter planes in Brum and fight wars, people from Pakistan were invited back to places like Luton to make cars and help with the NHS.

Fighting wars for a country and moving home to help out the British, when invited, those families and their descendants, I think they deserve to be called British or even English.

If you need to blame someone for the changing demographic, blame the root cause, Vauxhall and then always buy BMW. That will really show them.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:38 - Aug 15 with 2971 viewsHatter46

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:25 - Aug 15 by eireblue

Is it the case that Indian Muslims fought in WW2, made Spitfires, then after partition, helped plug gaps in labour shortages in the 1950’s and 1960’s?

After partition People from Pakistan were British Commonwealth citizens.

So after helping the UK build fighter planes in Brum and fight wars, people from Pakistan were invited back to places like Luton to make cars and help with the NHS.

Fighting wars for a country and moving home to help out the British, when invited, those families and their descendants, I think they deserve to be called British or even English.

If you need to blame someone for the changing demographic, blame the root cause, Vauxhall and then always buy BMW. That will really show them.

Helping build spitfires, really ...do love an active imagination.
The Indian army consisted of Hindus, Sikhs, Moslems, Zoroastrians ...and it was raised primarily to fight against the Japanese ( google kohima ) though it also saw service in Africa till the end of the campaign there.
immigration from Pakistan didn`t really start till 1960 here , when I moved to Luton in 1970 there were roughly 2000 moslems and about the same combined in Hindus / Sikhs …..those figures are massively disparate now . Yes quite a few worked at Vauxhalls, next to none in the nhs though .
Given the vast majority of bury park and the surrounding area don`t consider themselves British , why should ? They openly state their allegiances are to islam/Pakistan / Bangladesh etc etc etc Britain comes way way down the list.

I live 1/4 mile form the mosque the Stockholm suicide bomber went to, the same mosque the murdering bastard who mowed people down on Westminster Bridge went to, the same mosque that has a nursery school attached to it that got closed by ofsted for 9 months because the teachers had their pupils studying books on beheadings and stonings .

I could go on, but obviously you know more about MY hometown than I do
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:44 - Aug 15 with 2961 viewsHatter46

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:58 - Aug 14 by Mullet

You don`t get out much do you .

Let me get this right, if I protest that I am now a minority in my hometown, I`m not patriotic ? uhm , ok.

Better life …...no words for this really, taking whatever you can out of something without contributing , without any allegiance to the country you`re taking it from . Sure is better for you no doubt.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:25 - Aug 15 with 2849 viewsSwailsey

Genuine question:

Why is any of that a problem?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:28 - Aug 15 with 2842 viewsKeaneish

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:21 - Aug 13 by m14_blue

Context is everything though surely?

They don’t normally get sung so why are we singing them at Luton?

Exactly. To the OPs point, it was a bit cringey. The banter all night was about Luton being deprived and the fact they "we're in a Shi* hole but we get to go home". The national anthem was a jibe alluding to Luton's large Asian immigrant demographic not being of English descent. The Boris Johnson chant of, "Boris Johnson, he's coming for you" was probably the most right wing it got.

I said the next day at work that it's the first time I'd heard nationalistic chanting at grounds for a long time. I'm sure there's worse emerging though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:33 - Aug 15 with 2838 viewsSwailsey

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:25 - Aug 15 by Swailsey

Genuine question:

Why is any of that a problem?

Why have you downvoted me?

I’m not being provocative. In my mind there is no issue with people of different races living together. It is life and people have always moved around. I’m genuinely curious why it is a problem and what detrimental impact it has on people?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 07:33 - Aug 15 with 2838 viewsSteve_M

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:38 - Aug 15 by Hatter46

The Indian army consisted of Hindus, Sikhs, Moslems, Zoroastrians ...and it was raised primarily to fight against the Japanese ( google kohima ) though it also saw service in Africa till the end of the campaign there.
immigration from Pakistan didn`t really start till 1960 here , when I moved to Luton in 1970 there were roughly 2000 moslems and about the same combined in Hindus / Sikhs …..those figures are massively disparate now . Yes quite a few worked at Vauxhalls, next to none in the nhs though .
Given the vast majority of bury park and the surrounding area don`t consider themselves British , why should ? They openly state their allegiances are to islam/Pakistan / Bangladesh etc etc etc Britain comes way way down the list.

I live 1/4 mile form the mosque the Stockholm suicide bomber went to, the same mosque the murdering bastard who mowed people down on Westminster Bridge went to, the same mosque that has a nursery school attached to it that got closed by ofsted for 9 months because the teachers had their pupils studying books on beheadings and stonings .

"I live 1/4 mile form the mosque the Stockholm suicide bomber went to, the same mosque the murdering bastard who mowed people down on Westminster Bridge went to, the same mosque that has a nursery school attached to it that got closed by ofsted for 9 months because the teachers had their pupils studying books on beheadings and stonings ."

You're from the same town as multiple convicted criminal Stephen Yaxley-Lennon too, I don't automatically think you're a convicted violent offender and mortgage fraudster just because of that so why would you judge the entire Muslim population of the town solely on a handful of individuals?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:11 - Aug 15 with 2769 viewsgoperryrevs

All of which is only a problem if one is a racist.

Before that it was the Indians, Pakistanis and Windrush. And the Scots moving to Corby. And the Irish. Before that it was the Normans, who were Vikings anyhow before that. And the Saxons, Celts or Angles depending on which one you thought was bad. Before that it was the Romans, before that the pesky tribe next door. And before that we’re all African anyhow.

The greatest British rock singer was an Indian immigrant born in Zanzibar, whose family would have moved to India from Persia a thousand years before.

People move about. Culture changes. That’s life.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:14 - Aug 15 with 2759 viewsfooters

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:11 - Aug 15 by goperryrevs

All of which is only a problem if one is a racist.

Before that it was the Indians, Pakistanis and Windrush. And the Scots moving to Corby. And the Irish. Before that it was the Normans, who were Vikings anyhow before that. And the Saxons, Celts or Angles depending on which one you thought was bad. Before that it was the Romans, before that the pesky tribe next door. And before that we’re all African anyhow.

The greatest British rock singer was an Indian immigrant born in Zanzibar, whose family would have moved to India from Persia a thousand years before.

People move about. Culture changes. That’s life.

Add into that the cognitive dissonance of saying "Boris Johnson is coming for you" when Johnson's family is Turkish amongst other things.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 08:17 - Aug 15 with 2756 viewsfooters

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 00:38 - Aug 15 by Hatter46

Hang on... "when I moved to Luton in 1970"

"Hometown"

You're not even from Luton and now you're banging on about other people moving there being a problem, but only a problem if they're not white-British?

I really want this to be a wind-up, I really do.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024