Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. 10:23 - Aug 22 with 36057 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour really need to dump Corbyn ASAP.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:28 - Aug 22 with 2130 viewsBrixtonBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 16:35 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

I started the thread. It’s about the polls, whether they influence Boris into calling an election and the dire state of Labour under Corbyn if he does.

He’s been the LOTO for four years and up against a Tory party at war with itself and in complete turmoil yet he is miles behind them.

You can start another thread about the Jessiah’s policies if you want, but he could promise the moon on a stick and it would mean diddly squat if he can’t get Labour elected to end at those policies.

My point is you never talk about policies, in any of these posts. It's all about undermining/stopping Corbyn. Maybe if more people looked at policies rather than personalities he would get elected. I think you know this, which is why you concentrate on the latter.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:47 - Aug 22 with 2104 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:28 - Aug 22 by BrixtonBlue

My point is you never talk about policies, in any of these posts. It's all about undermining/stopping Corbyn. Maybe if more people looked at policies rather than personalities he would get elected. I think you know this, which is why you concentrate on the latter.

We’ve discussed policy plenty of times. I’ve linked reports on his manifesto from the IFS. I linked reports from economists who say there is a black hole of £339 billion.

Your reply was “yeah but what about the £1 billion the Tories gave the DUP”.

Seriously, does TWTD make people lose their memories?

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:53 - Aug 22 with 2094 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 16:59 - Aug 22 by footers

You did before, you naughty goose! And no need to swear. Children may very well read this board.

I'm sorry I'm not a board archivist like you :( Must try harder!

Mate. When you ask the same question once a month and the same answer given once a month it gets to the point where once can only assume your memory is fooked or you are a troll.

As you can remember exchanges you have had with benters and pickles, word fir word I have to assume it’s the latter.

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:57 - Aug 22 with 2095 viewstabletopjoe

It doesn't matter who Labour have as their leader, they are finished as a party after being hollowed out once and for all by A.C.L. Blair & Partners. The Tories are similarly finished, demolished by a foolish fanciful gambit by Cameron finally opening up that wound that was festering for so long.

New parties please. The concept of 'Labour' and 'Conservative' disappeared a long time ago.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:11 - Aug 22 with 2074 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:57 - Aug 22 by tabletopjoe

It doesn't matter who Labour have as their leader, they are finished as a party after being hollowed out once and for all by A.C.L. Blair & Partners. The Tories are similarly finished, demolished by a foolish fanciful gambit by Cameron finally opening up that wound that was festering for so long.

New parties please. The concept of 'Labour' and 'Conservative' disappeared a long time ago.

I’m inclined to agree. Our FIrst Past The Post system that leads to two monolithic parties is hideously outdated. And they just can’t deal with the world as they try to keep their broad churches together.

But that’s perfect for the press, lobbyists and narrow ideologues that want to manipulate them.

I don’t think power has ever been so far away from the people in my lifetime.

Pronouns: He/Him

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:15 - Aug 22 with 2072 viewsfooters

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:53 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

Mate. When you ask the same question once a month and the same answer given once a month it gets to the point where once can only assume your memory is fooked or you are a troll.

As you can remember exchanges you have had with benters and pickles, word fir word I have to assume it’s the latter.

Pickles and benters' posts were more memorable.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 18:16]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:21 - Aug 22 with 2062 viewslowhouseblue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 16:02 - Aug 22 by footers

Oh look, it's the lapdog. Good boy!

I would have thought joining a party which you knew was historically antisemitic for a bit of a laugh, and to toy with the idea of voting in The Most Dangerous Man in British History, would be a bit of a wally thing to do.

We all know how much you miss Blair, but get over it, he's gone. Sorry!

"historically antisemitic". what are you talking about? the party had an extremely proud record of opposing anti-semitism prior to 2015. anti-semitism in the labour party is a new problem. please don't smear labour's history with stuff which is specific to corbyn's leadership.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:24 - Aug 22 with 2058 viewsfooters

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:21 - Aug 22 by lowhouseblue

"historically antisemitic". what are you talking about? the party had an extremely proud record of opposing anti-semitism prior to 2015. anti-semitism in the labour party is a new problem. please don't smear labour's history with stuff which is specific to corbyn's leadership.

It was under Miliband. Just ask your organ grinder.

Login to get fewer ads

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:40 - Aug 22 with 2034 viewslowhouseblue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:24 - Aug 22 by footers

i think you've got a little over-excited and have lost the plot.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:41 - Aug 22 with 2032 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:24 - Aug 22 by footers

No it wasn't.

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:56 - Aug 22 with 2015 viewsTrequartista

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:03 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

The country is fooked. That so many gullible idiots have been won back to the Tories through the empty rhetoric and bluster of a total charlatan is really worrying. I guess you end up with the politicians you deserve, may as well embrace the country going down the toilet until I can emigrate to an independent Scotland or maybe New Zealand.

You really don't like people you don't happen to agree with do you. You can emigrate to Scotland, New Zealand or Jupiter, you won't find your utopia.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:00 - Aug 22 with 2012 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:21 - Aug 22 by lowhouseblue

A new problem ... yeah, right.

It's not. It's been a problem whenever a leader is sympathetic to Palestinians - oh, and when the Israeli government are acting like racist @rseholes.

What do you make of the new problem with antisemitism in the Democrat party?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:00 - Aug 22 with 2011 viewsfooters

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:40 - Aug 22 by lowhouseblue

i think you've got a little over-excited and have lost the plot.

I think you joined the wrong party, Tory boy.

Ed was pro-Palestinian, which, apparently, is antisemitic.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:01 - Aug 22 with 2007 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:56 - Aug 22 by Trequartista

You really don't like people you don't happen to agree with do you. You can emigrate to Scotland, New Zealand or Jupiter, you won't find your utopia.

It seems Herbie doesn't agree with people taking our country down the tubes. The utter tw@t.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:02 - Aug 22 with 2005 viewsfooters

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:00 - Aug 22 by Darth_Koont

A new problem ... yeah, right.

It's not. It's been a problem whenever a leader is sympathetic to Palestinians - oh, and when the Israeli government are acting like racist @rseholes.

What do you make of the new problem with antisemitism in the Democrat party?

They don't care. Because it's ONLY ABOUT LABOUR AND CORBYN.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:04 - Aug 22 with 1991 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:02 - Aug 22 by footers

They don't care. Because it's ONLY ABOUT LABOUR AND CORBYN.

They are utter (redacted) the pair of them.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:06 - Aug 22 with 1984 viewsHerbivore

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 18:56 - Aug 22 by Trequartista

I don't like people who follow populist charlatans very much, no.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:58 - Aug 22 with 1936 viewsBrixtonBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:47 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

We’ve discussed policy plenty of times. I’ve linked reports on his manifesto from the IFS. I linked reports from economists who say there is a black hole of £339 billion.

Your reply was “yeah but what about the £1 billion the Tories gave the DUP”.

Seriously, does TWTD make people lose their memories?

Just saying stuff can't be afforded is not discussing the actual policies.

The Tories finding a billion for the DUP (not to mention a the recent 2.1 billion pounds they've unearthed to stockpile medicines, hire more border officials and fund an advertising campaign for Brexit) is a valid point. Clearly billions and billions of pounds can be found when the Tories need them, despite May's hilarious "no magic money tree" gaff.

So anyway, are you going to discuss any actual policies, or just keep avoiding it?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:03 - Aug 22 with 1929 viewsTrequartista

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:01 - Aug 22 by Darth_Koont

It seems Herbie doesn't agree with people taking our country down the tubes. The utter tw@t.

I disagree too. But i don't cancel people and call them idiots on the basis that I disagree with them.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 20:05]

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:05 - Aug 22 with 1920 viewsTrequartista

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:06 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

I don't like people who follow populist charlatans very much, no.

If a person voted to leave the EU, and someone comes along saying that will happen, that is bound to attract votes surely, populist charlatan or not.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:06 - Aug 22 with 1921 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 19:58 - Aug 22 by BrixtonBlue

Just saying stuff can't be afforded is not discussing the actual policies.

The Tories finding a billion for the DUP (not to mention a the recent 2.1 billion pounds they've unearthed to stockpile medicines, hire more border officials and fund an advertising campaign for Brexit) is a valid point. Clearly billions and billions of pounds can be found when the Tories need them, despite May's hilarious "no magic money tree" gaff.

So anyway, are you going to discuss any actual policies, or just keep avoiding it?

There is no £339 billion gap.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:12 - Aug 22 with 1910 viewsBrixtonBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:06 - Aug 22 by Darth_Koont

There is no £339 billion gap.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I couldn't be bothered to check, but it would seem rather an oversight by Labour if they were £339bn short!

I wonder if whoever came up with £339bn stopped short of rounding it up to £440bn to make it look more believable.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:12 - Aug 22 with 1911 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:03 - Aug 22 by Trequartista

I disagree too. But i don't cancel people and call them idiots on the basis that I disagree with them.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 20:05]

Agreed. We should talk about it, but there's not a lot of conversation going on.

Let's talk about real problems and how we address them. It's depressing how that's become so f@cking difficult nowadays.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:20 - Aug 22 with 1900 viewsHerbivore

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:05 - Aug 22 by Trequartista

If a person voted to leave the EU, and someone comes along saying that will happen, that is bound to attract votes surely, populist charlatan or not.

Then they are fools and are responsible for the demise of the country. I don't see why I should pander to them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 1880 viewsMugwump

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:23 - Aug 22 by Darth_Koont

They're politicians so yes, they are politically motivated.

But they're seeing the issues on the ground, working as the Scottish Government and having to implement and defend their policies directly. Contrast that with the demagogue populists and ethno-nationalists like Farage and Johnson who will straight-up lie and never take responsibility, even in power.

The SNP makes the case that independence is the way forward. Whether that's right or wrong, nobody can deny that Scotland compares very poorly at present economically and socially with its similar European neighbours, most of whom don't have all the advantages as Scotland.

So it's a question more about whether you agree with their ultimate solution than their day-to-day, common sense policies which are centre-left and could easily be proposed by Labour or the LibDems.

But that's where the LibDems and Scottish Labour miss the point. Nothing about the Westminster system they are beholden to suggests Scotland's (or any other marginalised region, class, community or industry in the UK) lot will improve as much as it should.

Corbyn might stand a chance of showing that Scotland can get what it needs within the UK as his policies are similarly common sense and "modern" within 21st Century Europe. But when the establishment politicians, media and those who believe them so unquestioningly are trying to smear Corbyn and dismiss his message at every turn then that prospect doesn't look great. Never mind that the next Labour leader might just as easily lurch back to their pointless but vote-winning centrism.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 13:24]

I’m a Labour man at heart and my problem with The SNP is that they have destroyed Labours electability.

What I struggle with most with SNP and their relentless march for independence is how on earth they think they could afford it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024