Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. 10:23 - Aug 22 with 36111 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour really need to dump Corbyn ASAP.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:20 - Aug 23 with 3391 viewsJ2BLUE

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 11:48 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

Not sure the pound is a big issue. Scottish pound or euro makes no difference to me. And if the rUK is out of the EU by then there’s no way we can share the British pound.

National debt will be a point of discussion and negotiation anyway. Let's assume there’s a shared responsibility for accumulating such a massive debt with so little to show for it. Does Scotland also have the same 10% share of the economy even though it’s mostly focused around London? Only fair, right?

I only asked about the pound because I think we disagreed on that last time. Obviously the game has change quite a bit since then.

I'm not sure that is fair, no. Especially as Scotland have more spending per head than the rest of the UK. The only fair way for me would be a division based on population.

On a side note, how can you support something if you don't know what you're voting for?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:21 - Aug 23 with 3387 viewsBrixtonBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:15 - Aug 23 by monytowbray

When I'm bored of TWTD I go off and do something else. Sometimes productive, sometimes lazy, sometimes debauched.

I suggest logging off for either some gardening, watching TV or having a w@nk.

He told us earlier he had work to do. Maybe he should go and do that. I think the heat's getting to him, the silly old sausage.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:26 - Aug 23 with 3372 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:21 - Aug 23 by BrixtonBlue

He told us earlier he had work to do. Maybe he should go and do that. I think the heat's getting to him, the silly old sausage.

I couldn’t be bothered and as the saying goes, there is no point in having a dog and barking yourself. So I decided to give you my undivided attention. Now what was the new policy you wanted me to comment on that wasn’t in the manifesto?

Come on, you have me until about 3pm then I’m off to the fringe.

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:32 - Aug 23 with 3358 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:20 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

I only asked about the pound because I think we disagreed on that last time. Obviously the game has change quite a bit since then.

I'm not sure that is fair, no. Especially as Scotland have more spending per head than the rest of the UK. The only fair way for me would be a division based on population.

On a side note, how can you support something if you don't know what you're voting for?

Back then I think there was the idea we'd both still be in the EU in which case being a part of the Poundzone might have made more sense. But if the rUK are going to leave that argument is void because it'll be unworkable.

I am basing it on population (10% was a rough figure). Scotland needs more spending per head (along with the North East, Northern Ireland, Wales) because it's been marginalised by the way our economy has been structured over the years. If we take on the debt then why aren't we taking the same proportion of the value too? After all, that's the "reason" Scotland has been marginalised and costs more in the first place.

And I'm voting for independence because I know what it looks like e.g. Denmark with its diverse economy, regional commitment and happier, healthier people with more opportunity within their own country. And that's with Denmark bordering the powerhouse of Germany, having fewer of the natural resources of Scotland, and speaking a language that even many Danes struggle with. So you need to be explaining why Denmark can achieve that but Scotland can't.

Pronouns: He/Him

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:33 - Aug 23 with 3349 viewsSpruceMoose

This thread is great!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:36 - Aug 23 with 3342 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:33 - Aug 23 by SpruceMoose

This thread is great!

It was until 13.33

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:36 - Aug 23 with 3342 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:33 - Aug 23 by SpruceMoose

This thread is great!

'Tis indeed.

The image of GB swinging wildly around a carpark is pretty entertaining on its own.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:37 - Aug 23 with 3338 viewsmonytowbray

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:19 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

I’d rather wrap this one up today so he doesn’t spend the next few days bleating about me swerving him. The weekend starts a few hours and I’m looking to clear my inbox of dolly blubs before then.

Then 3 day weekend of non-stop w@nking?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:41 - Aug 23 with 3309 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:37 - Aug 23 by monytowbray

Then 3 day weekend of non-stop w@nking?

At my age 3 hours I’d an effort let alone three days.

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:41 - Aug 23 with 3309 viewsfooters

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 12:54 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

So I say it to your face. Then what?

I must admit I don’t like the idea of you knowing me.

Can't believe gibbers is offering people out now. Lol.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 14:06 - Aug 23 with 3228 viewsmonytowbray

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:41 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

At my age 3 hours I’d an effort let alone three days.

For me I suppose it depends if I go for one massive long one or several shorter ones.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 14:18 - Aug 23 with 3209 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 14:06 - Aug 23 by monytowbray

For me I suppose it depends if I go for one massive long one or several shorter ones.

I just shout on the wife. She takes one look at my cock and says “who the fcuk do you expect to satisfy with that”? I say “me. Now get on with it”.

I’m here all week.

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 14:20 - Aug 23 with 3202 viewsBrixtonBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:19 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

I’d rather wrap this one up today so he doesn’t spend the next few days bleating about me swerving him. The weekend starts a few hours and I’m looking to clear my inbox of dolly blubs before then.

I'm not blubbing about anything you silly old sausage. You seem to be the one blubbing. Can we sell tickets for your fight with Darth? We could probably raise the last bit of Beattie statue money.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 14:27 - Aug 23 with 3186 viewsBrixtonBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:26 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

I couldn’t be bothered and as the saying goes, there is no point in having a dog and barking yourself. So I decided to give you my undivided attention. Now what was the new policy you wanted me to comment on that wasn’t in the manifesto?

Come on, you have me until about 3pm then I’m off to the fringe.

It was the recent policy on a fair living wage for young people, but I don't know why I'm repeating myself just because you can't be bothered to read properly. It was also just an example. I asked you to comment on policies. You decided to bring up the manifesto so you could then attack the costings.

You've said you largely agree with Labour's policies, and I was happy with that. Dunno why you're still banging on to be honest.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 14:40 - Aug 23 with 3156 viewsGlasgowBlue

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 14:27 - Aug 23 by BrixtonBlue

It was the recent policy on a fair living wage for young people, but I don't know why I'm repeating myself just because you can't be bothered to read properly. It was also just an example. I asked you to comment on policies. You decided to bring up the manifesto so you could then attack the costings.

You've said you largely agree with Labour's policies, and I was happy with that. Dunno why you're still banging on to be honest.

I’d be interested to know what the age range would be.

I think that policy has its drawbacks as why would an employer taken on somebody and 16 with no experience over somebody who is 25 with far more experience. That could lead to an increase in youth unemployment.

Edit. And now I’m off to the fringe. Inbox cleared.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:50]

Iron Lion Zion

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 15:30 - Aug 23 with 3121 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 10:59 - Aug 23 by BrixtonBlue

Even if you're correct, Labour would be able to implement SOME of their policies.

So given that we don't know what's sloshing around moneywise, and there are conflicting reports as to whether the Labour manifesto was costed or not, and I didn't ask for discussion exclusively on manifesto policies anyway, shall we just move on and discuss what we think of some of the actual policies?!

Or like Glassers is it that you actually agree with most of them?

Your point about not knowing the budget is ludicrous, quite clearly there aren’t just hundreds of billions of pounds sitting there waiting to be spent. With that in mind if the Labour Party promise to bring in all of these initiatives it’s not unreasonable to question how they will be paid for

I like most of the policies - I don’t think many could object to things which give people more support although I do question the wisdom of things like nationalisation, not to mention how it will be achieved

Whether I like their policies or not though is irrelevant if I don’t think they can actually implement them. It’s no good saying they can do some - as those may not be ones that appeal to me.

If it was then I may aswell start the TWTD party offering Audi’s, cheese and free parking at Gatwick for all, and watch the votes roll in

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 15:36 - Aug 23 with 3110 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 15:30 - Aug 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Your point about not knowing the budget is ludicrous, quite clearly there aren’t just hundreds of billions of pounds sitting there waiting to be spent. With that in mind if the Labour Party promise to bring in all of these initiatives it’s not unreasonable to question how they will be paid for

I like most of the policies - I don’t think many could object to things which give people more support although I do question the wisdom of things like nationalisation, not to mention how it will be achieved

Whether I like their policies or not though is irrelevant if I don’t think they can actually implement them. It’s no good saying they can do some - as those may not be ones that appeal to me.

If it was then I may aswell start the TWTD party offering Audi’s, cheese and free parking at Gatwick for all, and watch the votes roll in

But the reality is we can spend hundreds of billions extra if we want. The Tories have proven it over the past 10 years.

Just depends where you want to spend it and how much of it actually goes back into the economy.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 15:45 - Aug 23 with 3090 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 15:36 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

But the reality is we can spend hundreds of billions extra if we want. The Tories have proven it over the past 10 years.

Just depends where you want to spend it and how much of it actually goes back into the economy.

The deficit has been rising rapidly year on year since the financial crash, but slowed in the past couple of years since the 2017 election. Labour would also have had to deal with that deficit too - and that’s on top of all the extra money required for their manifesto

Admittedly Brexit is likely to reverse that slowdown for 2019 - but again that’s a problem that whoever is in power will have too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 15:54 - Aug 23 with 3078 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 15:45 - Aug 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The deficit has been rising rapidly year on year since the financial crash, but slowed in the past couple of years since the 2017 election. Labour would also have had to deal with that deficit too - and that’s on top of all the extra money required for their manifesto

Admittedly Brexit is likely to reverse that slowdown for 2019 - but again that’s a problem that whoever is in power will have too

So maybe we need to reassess our priorities? Spending less on the most vulnerable in society just puts the cost elsewhere. Also, money spent there is kept in the economy, bailing out banks ultimately goes to shareholders’ savings and a lot of it even offshore.

Maybe we should also be more grown up about taxes and realize that we pay too little compared to the rest of the Western world? Maybe we should see it as investment in our society and our future rather than “spaffing it up the wall”?

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 16:48 - Aug 23 with 3036 viewstabletopjoe

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 13:05 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

The system is out of date and hasn't been "historically superior" for centuries. FPTP also leads to a two-way split by definition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger%27s_law

And why is FPTP superior to Proportional Representation, for example? In FPTP the majority of votes don't count all all which means those voters have been ignored at a local and national level.

It’s seemed to serve us very well for a very long time from which we’ve enjoyed much freedom, peace and prosperity. Probably the most the world has ever seen. But rotten parties, pretending to still represent values which have long departed must be replaced. Conservative and Labour indeed.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:00 - Aug 23 with 3013 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 16:48 - Aug 23 by tabletopjoe

It’s seemed to serve us very well for a very long time from which we’ve enjoyed much freedom, peace and prosperity. Probably the most the world has ever seen. But rotten parties, pretending to still represent values which have long departed must be replaced. Conservative and Labour indeed.

The parties are a product of the system. Not separate from it.

And you don’t keep something that doesn’t work that well now just because it once did. You at least repair and upgrade it.

Also the characterization that it worked well for us seems a very romantic and slanted view of our democratic representation and who in society it really helped.

Helping more people in society only happened through parliamentary and electoral reform. Not blindly saying it was the best system.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:03 - Aug 23 with 3006 viewsSpruceMoose

So close to ten pages!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:07 - Aug 23 with 2999 viewstabletopjoe

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:00 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

The parties are a product of the system. Not separate from it.

And you don’t keep something that doesn’t work that well now just because it once did. You at least repair and upgrade it.

Also the characterization that it worked well for us seems a very romantic and slanted view of our democratic representation and who in society it really helped.

Helping more people in society only happened through parliamentary and electoral reform. Not blindly saying it was the best system.

Two parties are a product of the system, but the point if may care to make it again, is that the parties need replacing. Having two new parties representing the natural split in the country would be hugely beneficial and suit the nature of the political system. Feel free to name another nation which exported more freedom to the world if you think that view is ‘romantic’.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:28 - Aug 23 with 2984 viewsDarth_Koont

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:07 - Aug 23 by tabletopjoe

Two parties are a product of the system, but the point if may care to make it again, is that the parties need replacing. Having two new parties representing the natural split in the country would be hugely beneficial and suit the nature of the political system. Feel free to name another nation which exported more freedom to the world if you think that view is ‘romantic’.

I think we're going to fall out over your line about "exporting more freedom to the world" so I'd rather not.

The change to two different parties won't work or at least it will be a very slow process. The parties are too big and their advantage over the smaller ones is too big a gap to bridge.

At best our small parties are problematic solutions to a hung parliament. Just as an example we have the DU fecking P supporting the government and now having a voice. If there was Proportional Representation then there'd be a point to voting Green in the first place (they could have 40-50 MPs in a genuinely free vote while the DUP would still be the same size) and they could have helped us address one of the bigger challenges that we are actually facing (i.e. not Fenian b@st@rds). It's no surprise that the other EU democracies with PR are way more focused on the environment than the US and UK who are too caught up in their two-party rivalry to make the changes needed.

What's also an issue is that the past few years of UK politics have been mostly about dealing with people who are disillusioned and disenfranchised. That's the real cost of our non-representative system and we end up lurching towards poor, knee-jerk policies as a result.

This latest poll will make an election far more likely sooner rather than later. on 17:30 - Aug 23 with 2982 viewsActionMan

Didn't they predict this, last time. Given the joke that was the 2017 election where they predicted Tories would romp home, and the previous referendum with a Remain easy win, I wouldn't take the slightest notice of this rubbish anymore.

Corbyn is the most popular Labour leader in generations. He'll get 30-40% as before, whereas if the Tories don't deliver Brexit they can forget about it, Nigel will eat them all alive and good, they deserve it, absolute shambolic Government.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024