Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JRM has been mugged right off here. 02:24 - Sep 3 with 23283 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/02/jacob-rees-mogg-doctor-shameful

I'm glad all the lies, deceit and arrogance is being recorded so that when they are older his kids can read all about what vermin their father was.

Also, I'll trust the highly qualified doctor on this over some nanny raised toff who blew a fancy education to only achieve in a 2:1 in History.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 3:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:32 - Sep 4 with 2060 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:29 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

JRM is a semi competent orator who people think performs better than he does because he throws in a but of Latin and is terribly polite.

His parliamentary career should have been that of a colourful backbencher in the tradition of colourful backbencher we have had over the years. He should be nowhere near the levers of power.

well quite. i'm not convinced that this is the most right wing cabinet in history, but it is certainly the one with the least ability or talent.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:34 - Sep 4 with 2053 viewsDarth_Koont

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:28 - Sep 4 by lowhouseblue

i don't doubt he is an expert on the drugs used in his field, their shelf life, storage conditions, timing from prescription to use etc. all those are things a medic would need to advise on. unless he has other unmentioned skills, I don't see how he could be called onto predict delivery delays or consequent shortages.

But a politician can!?? The medical professional is closer to the real issue and their profession is much more dependent on integrity and facts.

Pronouns: He/Him

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:37 - Sep 4 with 2038 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:34 - Sep 4 by Darth_Koont

But a politician can!?? The medical professional is closer to the real issue and their profession is much more dependent on integrity and facts.

civil service plus the advisors they employ on transport logistics etc. they don't generally ask the transport experts about medicine or the medics about transport logistics.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:39 - Sep 4 with 2026 viewsHerbivore

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:37 - Sep 4 by lowhouseblue

civil service plus the advisors they employ on transport logistics etc. they don't generally ask the transport experts about medicine or the medics about transport logistics.

But by putting the two together they are able to then know what the overall impact will be. What the doctor is saying isn't out of line with what is in the leaked Yellowhammer or what MPs have said (or refused to say in some instances). I'm not sure why you think his claims are so outrageous.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:41 - Sep 4 with 2021 viewsDarth_Koont

Obviously. But storage, for example, is part of logistics and would involve a knowledge of delivery issues.

He could of course be wrong or lying. But it's a strange, reverse Occam's razor where you believe the politician knows what he or she is talking about when challenged by an actual insider.

Pronouns: He/Him

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:42 - Sep 4 with 2017 viewsBackToRussia

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:39 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

But by putting the two together they are able to then know what the overall impact will be. What the doctor is saying isn't out of line with what is in the leaked Yellowhammer or what MPs have said (or refused to say in some instances). I'm not sure why you think his claims are so outrageous.

Are they even his claims? As I understood it he is just repeating what's in the report.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:54 - Sep 4 with 1987 viewsGlasgowBlue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:32 - Sep 4 by DanTheMan

I don't think he's that polite, really.

He literally just speaks how I imagine an American thinks posh English people speak. That's it.

It was SNP firebrand Mhairi Black who said “I could sit and listen to him all day, I disagree with him 99.9% of the time, and that wee per cent is just because he’s got good manners,” she said.
“But I love listening to him, his knowledge is incredible, and he’s so polite.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 1991 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:42 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

Are they even his claims? As I understood it he is just repeating what's in the report.

Exactly. It may not be his area of expertise, but not only has he read the report but was involved in writing it. Of course there's nothing to worry about in reality, though, so just chill out, everyone.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:58 - Sep 4 with 1972 viewsBackToRussia

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:54 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

It was SNP firebrand Mhairi Black who said “I could sit and listen to him all day, I disagree with him 99.9% of the time, and that wee per cent is just because he’s got good manners,” she said.

Yes, laying down in the HoC with a smug expression on your face while you're supposed to be alert and debating the future of the country is super polite.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:59 - Sep 4 with 1967 viewsBackToRussia

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:55 - Sep 4 by footers

Exactly. It may not be his area of expertise, but not only has he read the report but was involved in writing it. Of course there's nothing to worry about in reality, though, so just chill out, everyone.

But why would a doctor be able to read and then have the ability to convey that information accurately to other people???

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:00 - Sep 4 with 1960 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:58 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

Yes, laying down in the HoC with a smug expression on your face while you're supposed to be alert and debating the future of the country is super polite.

Probably praying.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:01 - Sep 4 with 1953 viewsBackToRussia

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:00 - Sep 4 by footers

Probably praying.

Looks like he had a toke of opium or whatever ol' timey Victorian drug is his choice.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:17 - Sep 4 with 1932 viewsSwansea_Blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 07:23 - Sep 4 by lowhouseblue

here you go then. something else from the same doctor that you can scream and wail about and predict the end of the world:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/government-stockpiling-body-bags-sa

body bags!!! oh my god, the tories are literally planning mass murder and the genocide of the ill. they're preparing to commit a literal war crime. come on then, you can really work your self up to state of frenzy with this one. fill your boots. no need to thank me.

Well they are. It was the same in the run up to the last No Deal threat at the start of the year, and confirmed by the Government themselves. It's simply a fact.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:21 - Sep 4 with 1920 viewsHerbivore

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:17 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

Well they are. It was the same in the run up to the last No Deal threat at the start of the year, and confirmed by the Government themselves. It's simply a fact.

Exactly. The only hysteria is the way lowie has spun a totally non-controversial news story. Nobody is calling the Tories murderers but the stockpiling of body bags in case of a no deal suggests that forecasts predict the possibility of increased mortality rates. The Health Secretary has refused to rule that out. It's interesting that lowie is targeting this doctor as an hysterical Remainer but isn't making any claims of hysteria towards Stephen Hammond or Matt Hancock who are essentially conveying exactly the same message.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:24 - Sep 4 with 1911 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:21 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

Exactly. The only hysteria is the way lowie has spun a totally non-controversial news story. Nobody is calling the Tories murderers but the stockpiling of body bags in case of a no deal suggests that forecasts predict the possibility of increased mortality rates. The Health Secretary has refused to rule that out. It's interesting that lowie is targeting this doctor as an hysterical Remainer but isn't making any claims of hysteria towards Stephen Hammond or Matt Hancock who are essentially conveying exactly the same message.

STOP BULLYING HIM!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 12:18 - Sep 4 with 1880 viewsRyorry

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 10:54 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

Unfortunately that makes Mhairi Black gullible and lacking in any perspicacity, in my view.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 12:22 - Sep 4 with 1876 viewsRyorry

Time to give it up Lowie - I've supported you on many threads in the past, but your view here just doesn't hold water - I really can't understand what's making you stick on this?

Poll: Time of the annunciation

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 12:33 - Sep 4 with 1856 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 11:21 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

the letter linked says 'precautionary stockpiling', it doesn't say stockpiling because of increased mortality rates. stockpiling in case deliveries are late is quite different from needing more stuff because more people are going to die.

this is hysteria and is pretty silly. people have become so entrenched on either side that they're losing any sense of proportion. no deal would definitely be a bad thing but let's try to stay grown up about it. jeez.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:15 - Sep 4 with 1814 viewsHerbivore

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 12:33 - Sep 4 by lowhouseblue

the letter linked says 'precautionary stockpiling', it doesn't say stockpiling because of increased mortality rates. stockpiling in case deliveries are late is quite different from needing more stuff because more people are going to die.

this is hysteria and is pretty silly. people have become so entrenched on either side that they're losing any sense of proportion. no deal would definitely be a bad thing but let's try to stay grown up about it. jeez.

Do you think Matt Hancock was being hysterical when he refused to rule out that no deal Brexit could lead to people dying?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:27 - Sep 4 with 1791 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:15 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

Do you think Matt Hancock was being hysterical when he refused to rule out that no deal Brexit could lead to people dying?

a government minister can't ever categorically say that something is risk free. he has to take it extremely seriously and put in place measures to minimise any remaining risk. that's quite different from people saying the mortality rate is going to rise. we've had all sorts of disruption to freight in the past - petrol strikes, french blockades, volcanoes, tunnel fires etc - with traffic backed up for days - no one ever claimed that people had died as a result. let's talk about why no deal is bad like adults and stop the silly scaremongering eh.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:06 - Sep 4 with 1746 viewsHerbivore

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:27 - Sep 4 by lowhouseblue

a government minister can't ever categorically say that something is risk free. he has to take it extremely seriously and put in place measures to minimise any remaining risk. that's quite different from people saying the mortality rate is going to rise. we've had all sorts of disruption to freight in the past - petrol strikes, french blockades, volcanoes, tunnel fires etc - with traffic backed up for days - no one ever claimed that people had died as a result. let's talk about why no deal is bad like adults and stop the silly scaremongering eh.

Okay. I think I'm out at this point as we're not likely to reach a point of agreement.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:36 - Sep 4 with 1713 viewsSwansea_Blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 12:33 - Sep 4 by lowhouseblue

The comment about the body bags is true - it's stockpiling. But there are also warnings about difficulties of supply of medicines. We've had warnings about common medicines that need to be stockpiled, cancer treatments that have very limited shelf life (radioactive materials with half life measured in hour/a day), and last week a warning about potential problems with access to flu vaccines for the vulnerable. The end result if any of these warnings are true and medicines fail to reach those who needs them, is likely to be an increase in deaths. The medical profession thinks there is a very real threat around lack of access to life saving treatments. That's not sensationalist, just based on the simple fact we use medicines to help prevent deaths.

That's not to say some people aren't jumping up and down about it. I can imagine the tabloids are all over it like a rash, but if they are ignore the headlines and focus on the issue and you'll see it's real. Ignore people on twitter/facebook too. Just listen to what the medical profession is saying.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 23:26 - Sep 5 with 1595 viewsStokieBlue

He's rightly apologised for comparing the doctor to Wakefield - a huge slur to someone in the profession. A totally outrageous thing to say which I missed at the time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-no-deal-brexit-do

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024