Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JRM has been mugged right off here. 02:24 - Sep 3 with 23100 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/02/jacob-rees-mogg-doctor-shameful

I'm glad all the lies, deceit and arrogance is being recorded so that when they are older his kids can read all about what vermin their father was.

Also, I'll trust the highly qualified doctor on this over some nanny raised toff who blew a fancy education to only achieve in a 2:1 in History.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 3:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:35 - Sep 3 with 2529 viewsStokieBlue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:28 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

I think the doctor's comments quoted in that article are fairly hysterical. they are not measured or careful in any way - it's a very odd style for a senior medic. also, where do you think the photo in the article was taken. it looks like a demo outside the downing street gates? is he then an impartial and objective professional commentator?

He was directly involved in the creation of the Yellowhammer document.

He probably knows rather more than you, me or JRM on the subject of what medicines are likely to be available for his specific field of medicine.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:35 - Sep 3 with 2528 viewsGrandadDel

I think the doctor's comments quoted in that article are fairly hysterical. they are not measured or careful in any way - it's a very odd style for a senior medic. also, where do you think the photo in the article was taken. it looks like a demo outside the downing street gates? is he then an impartial and objective professional commentator?

Think your talking a lot of sense here
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:36 - Sep 3 with 2523 viewsHerbivore

In what way are they hysterical? Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, refused to rule out possible deaths resulting from a no deal Brexit. Is he being hysterical too? I don't see the relevance of where the photo is taken, it doesn't impact on his qualification to talk about the issues he's talking about. Have you ever stopped to consider why so many experts in a number of fields seem to be anti-Brexit? I worry about you, lowhouse.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:38]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:37 - Sep 3 with 2518 viewswkj

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:35 - Sep 3 by GrandadDel

...yet you cant be totally sure...

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:40 - Sep 3 with 2498 viewsWeWereZombies

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:32 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

"what level of mortality rate are you willing to accept in the light of a no-deal Brexit?"

that's not really calm and reasoned discussion is it?

But at least it is not a circular argument.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:41 - Sep 3 with 2491 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:35 - Sep 3 by GrandadDel

This should give Lowhouse pause. Is your argument really a good one when you have absolute chodes agreeing with you?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:41 - Sep 3 with 2491 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:31 - Sep 3 by SpruceMoose

Riiiight...

The medical professional appointed by the government is the one you choose to criticise over the lying Victorian role player with a mediocre degree and an even more mediocre set of personal principles.

Honestly Lowhouse, your true politics are showing here. Not a good look.

what I am saying is that the style of discussion has become hysterical. the more over the top and extreme the accusations the less credible the people shouting them sound. the divide is now so black and white that people have lost all sense of balance.

my politics are that I voted remain but want to see a deal which enacts the result of the referendum (which my side lost). I don't think the ludicrously over the top public debate at present is achieving anything other than making those like you doing the shouting look silly.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:41 - Sep 3 with 2490 viewsSwansea_Blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:32 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

"what level of mortality rate are you willing to accept in the light of a no-deal Brexit?"

that's not really calm and reasoned discussion is it?

Maybe. When you look at the full context of the question, it reads slightly better:

“Having been involved in writing the plans for mitigation and having whistleblown because I felt they were unsafe, what level of mortality rate are you willing to accept in the light of a no-deal Brexit?”

He's clearly frustrated that, in dealing literally with matters of life or death, his work/ professional view is being dismissed because the government (or JRM at least) don't like the findings. I can understand that. Who knows what discussions have gone on prior to this, and what tone they took.

I wouldn't pick this as an example of hysteria myself. It would be nice to know what the government are prepared to risk to deliver their preferred version of Brexit. That's a fair question, if couched emotively.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:44 - Sep 3 with 2477 viewsHerbivore

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:41 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

what I am saying is that the style of discussion has become hysterical. the more over the top and extreme the accusations the less credible the people shouting them sound. the divide is now so black and white that people have lost all sense of balance.

my politics are that I voted remain but want to see a deal which enacts the result of the referendum (which my side lost). I don't think the ludicrously over the top public debate at present is achieving anything other than making those like you doing the shouting look silly.

Is asking someone how many deaths they are willing to accept an hysterical question given that the Health Secretary himself refused to rule out the possibility of a no deal Brexit leading to deaths?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:44 - Sep 3 with 2476 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:41 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

Yes, we are the silly ones for treating what an expert in their field tells us with due consideration. Excuse me if I laugh in your face at that one while you go skipping merrily through the fields hand in hand with the politician using the word 'remoaner' with a straight face. Ludicrously over the top rhetoric indeed.

Like I said earlier, you don't half talk some sh!te mate.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:51 - Sep 3 with 2452 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:44 - Sep 3 by SpruceMoose

Yes, we are the silly ones for treating what an expert in their field tells us with due consideration. Excuse me if I laugh in your face at that one while you go skipping merrily through the fields hand in hand with the politician using the word 'remoaner' with a straight face. Ludicrously over the top rhetoric indeed.

Like I said earlier, you don't half talk some sh!te mate.

go on, it's time to take a lie down and think of something calming. for $16.99 plus vat you can buy a tape of whales humming ode to joy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:52 - Sep 3 with 2445 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:44 - Sep 3 by Herbivore

Is asking someone how many deaths they are willing to accept an hysterical question given that the Health Secretary himself refused to rule out the possibility of a no deal Brexit leading to deaths?

yes it's a ridiculous drama queen question.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:54 - Sep 3 with 2439 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:51 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

go on, it's time to take a lie down and think of something calming. for $16.99 plus vat you can buy a tape of whales humming ode to joy.

Swing and a miss Lowey old boy. They might love your schtick up the old Queens Head over a pint of Wherry but seems like plenty of posters on this thread have your number.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 2433 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:52 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

Lol

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 2430 viewsHerbivore

Why?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:57 - Sep 3 with 2420 viewsfooters

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:54 - Sep 3 by SpruceMoose

Swing and a miss Lowey old boy. They might love your schtick up the old Queens Head over a pint of Wherry but seems like plenty of posters on this thread have your number.

You can join the Tory party for just £25 a year, apparently. Might be nice for lowhouse to chat to some like-minded people.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:58]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:58 - Sep 3 with 2412 viewsBigManBlue

Can only assume you aren't/don't know someone with severe epilepsy? I'm fine with people being willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause, but it doesn't seem right telling others that they should take one for blighty.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:58 - Sep 3 with 2406 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:58 - Sep 3 by BigManBlue

Can only assume you aren't/don't know someone with severe epilepsy? I'm fine with people being willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause, but it doesn't seem right telling others that they should take one for blighty.

Telling other people they should take the hit for dear old Blighty has always been the way though.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:00 - Sep 3 with 2397 viewsBigManBlue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:58 - Sep 3 by SpruceMoose

Telling other people they should take the hit for dear old Blighty has always been the way though.

Very. It's one thing when someone with a large percentage of horse DNA says it though - they genuinely don't realise they're not better than everyone else...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:01 - Sep 3 with 2394 viewsm14_blue

Why is it?

Bearing in mind he said in the commons health committee that we risk “exposing patients with long-term conditions such as epilepsy to an increased level of risk due to limitations in supply of drugs”.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. A really very odd target if you ask me.

Almost like you had a general point which didn't really fit the specifics of this article at all but now you've doubled down, even though the only person who can even vaguely see where you're coming from is benters.
JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:02 - Sep 3 with 2394 viewsSpruceMoose

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:00 - Sep 3 by BigManBlue

Very. It's one thing when someone with a large percentage of horse DNA says it though - they genuinely don't realise they're not better than everyone else...

"What do you mean I can't get my insulin!? I thought you mean those other, browner people wouldn't be able to get their insulin not ME! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:05 - Sep 3 with 2384 viewsitfcjoe

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:19 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

There's something in that. 24/7 access to news and social media means people are kicking off all the time, on all sides. There is a lot of hysteria and I don't think it helps.

But in relation to the issue of the post, do you think it's acceptable for the leader of the House to publicly dismiss (maybe even 'shame', if we're being hysterical ) the highly qualified medical professional who helped write the government's own risk assessment?

Surely you can see that JRM is purely playing to his audience there (i.e. propaganda). Especially when viewed in the progression of the Government's lies about Yellowhammer docs not existing (they did), and then not something the current Government had done (it was) and then it only being the worst case risk assessment (it isn't).

Yeah but who leaked it is way m ore important as to what it actually said

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:06 - Sep 3 with 2378 viewsWeWereZombies

And there you go, doing what you disapprove of in others and calling Herbie names. It is true that Herbie never gives an inch in an argument but he always tries to back up his arguments with some sort of reason and logic.

Unlike Spruce.

However you have chosen to have spats with Spruce and Herbie whilst two more sober posts from Swansea Blue, which I would have thought you would be more accommodating towards, are left unanswered. Please explain.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 14:21]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:11 - Sep 3 with 2361 viewslowhouseblue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 13:57 - Sep 3 by footers

You can join the Tory party for just £25 a year, apparently. Might be nice for lowhouse to chat to some like-minded people.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:58]

to be honest almost anything would be an improvement on the abusive little group on here who shout down anyone who doesn't fit their current group think. have you noticed that fewer and fewer people bother with the political threads. even I only look in occasionally. it's just the same weird half dozen preening and telling each other they're right and abusing anyone who doesn't agree.

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:13 - Sep 3 with 2350 viewsm14_blue

JRM has been mugged right off here. on 14:11 - Sep 3 by lowhouseblue

to be honest almost anything would be an improvement on the abusive little group on here who shout down anyone who doesn't fit their current group think. have you noticed that fewer and fewer people bother with the political threads. even I only look in occasionally. it's just the same weird half dozen preening and telling each other they're right and abusing anyone who doesn't agree.

Now that sounds a little hysterical.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024