Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 12:58 - Sep 17 with 1669 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/cricket/49726913

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:04 - Sep 17 with 1634 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Putting morality aside for a minute (not that one should)... its amazing how short sighted some editors are. Surely if you ran The Sun, you would think of the commercial consequences?

I suspect that now Stokes will never do anything for NewsUK or NewsCorp (including Talksport).
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 13:04]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:08 - Sep 17 with 1604 viewsSteve_M

Nicely done in response:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:10 - Sep 17 with 1583 viewsStokieBlue

Saw that just now - awful stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:10 - Sep 17 with 1586 viewsHerbivore

The ECB should take a stand on this and ban journalists or photographers from the Sun from attending England cricket matches. Bang out of order.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:15 - Sep 17 with 1556 viewsOldsmoker

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:04 - Sep 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Putting morality aside for a minute (not that one should)... its amazing how short sighted some editors are. Surely if you ran The Sun, you would think of the commercial consequences?

I suspect that now Stokes will never do anything for NewsUK or NewsCorp (including Talksport).
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 13:04]

The Sun doesn't do Morality.
You're right about the commercial consequences - this story won't improve them.
The Sun appears to think that todays headlines are old news tomorrow and easily forgotten. That headline was to sell newspapers today so job done.
Have they forgotten that the City of Liverpool won't forget (or forgive) what the Sun did re the Hillsborough Tragedy. There are very few copies of the Sun sold in Liverpool and that has been the case for the last 20 years.

I know it's a Murdoch paper but how much does Murdoch get involved with it. When Murdoch dies will it change its tune? I believe that the Editorial staff at the Sun are "in his own image" and will not change.
Never bought it - never will.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:18 - Sep 17 with 1532 viewsBigManBlue

The Sun is absolute drivel and a national embarassment. Hard to believe people still pay for this rubbish when they could at least be getting it free on the net.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:22 - Sep 17 with 1510 viewsfooters

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:15 - Sep 17 by Oldsmoker

The Sun doesn't do Morality.
You're right about the commercial consequences - this story won't improve them.
The Sun appears to think that todays headlines are old news tomorrow and easily forgotten. That headline was to sell newspapers today so job done.
Have they forgotten that the City of Liverpool won't forget (or forgive) what the Sun did re the Hillsborough Tragedy. There are very few copies of the Sun sold in Liverpool and that has been the case for the last 20 years.

I know it's a Murdoch paper but how much does Murdoch get involved with it. When Murdoch dies will it change its tune? I believe that the Editorial staff at the Sun are "in his own image" and will not change.
Never bought it - never will.

"Britain's most-read paper"

Considering it's challenging the Mail for that slot, some of y'all need to take a long, hard look at yourselves.

They hacked a murdered girl's phone ffs (News Group, now News UK, of course, not the Sun specifically).

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:23 - Sep 17 with 1499 viewschicoazul

People have been saying dont buy that shoite for nearly 40 years and still millions of idiots buy it, go to their web page, RT their stories etc etc. People are dumb.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:31 - Sep 17 with 1457 viewsGuthrum

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:10 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

The ECB should take a stand on this and ban journalists or photographers from the Sun from attending England cricket matches. Bang out of order.

What I was going to post.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:32 - Sep 17 with 1454 viewsfooters

What can the European Central Bank do about it?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:36 - Sep 17 with 1437 viewsOldsmoker

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 14:00 - Sep 17 with 1359 viewsitfcjoe

You can see why a lot of Sports journos have gone across to The Athletic - when the editorial stances and political opinions of the news desk won't affect their readership.

Imagine being John Etheridge now, The Sun's cricket corresponent, who always seems to be one of the better ones out there when you hear him talk.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 14:38 - Sep 17 with 1277 viewsjeera

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 13:22 - Sep 17 by footers

"Britain's most-read paper"

Considering it's challenging the Mail for that slot, some of y'all need to take a long, hard look at yourselves.

They hacked a murdered girl's phone ffs (News Group, now News UK, of course, not the Sun specifically).

My cousin and wife lost their 3 year old little girl in circumstances that involved a doctor's mishap.

The Mirror wouldn't leave them alone for years and kept ringing them and dragging it up at any opportunity.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 14:47 - Sep 17 with 1244 viewswkj

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 14:38 - Sep 17 by jeera

My cousin and wife lost their 3 year old little girl in circumstances that involved a doctor's mishap.

The Mirror wouldn't leave them alone for years and kept ringing them and dragging it up at any opportunity.

Same when my sibling died in odd circumstances, a lot of stress and aggro and general disgustingness.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 14:48]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:05 - Sep 17 with 1197 viewsitfcjoe

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 14:47 - Sep 17 by wkj

Same when my sibling died in odd circumstances, a lot of stress and aggro and general disgustingness.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 14:48]

I was going out with a girl who was a class mate of one of the murdered prostitutes at the time - she and her friends were getting harrassed through Friends Reunited and the like.

I can't imagine it is a job many people can stomach for too long as can't be good for the soul

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:09 - Sep 17 with 1177 viewsDyland

Doubled up on this story, soz.

Yep, dreadful paper. Murdoch is a scumbag.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:10 - Sep 17 with 1172 viewswkj

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:09 - Sep 17 by Dyland

Certainly a injustice of nature how he gets to keep living while the good die young

Crybaby

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:12 - Sep 17 with 1166 viewsfooters

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:09 - Sep 17 by Dyland

“The connective tissue of our society is being manipulated to make us fight with each other, making us the worst versions of ourselves,” says James Murdoch, of Fox News and other joy-filled 'news' outlets...

Maybe once the dirty digger pops his proverbials, we'll start to see a kinder, gentler news agenda.

Or maybe not.

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:14 - Sep 17 with 1147 viewsSpruceMoose

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:12 - Sep 17 by footers

“The connective tissue of our society is being manipulated to make us fight with each other, making us the worst versions of ourselves,” says James Murdoch, of Fox News and other joy-filled 'news' outlets...

Maybe once the dirty digger pops his proverbials, we'll start to see a kinder, gentler news agenda.

Or maybe not.

I'm sure Lachlan Murdoch will do his best to keep Fox News churning out the racism and hatred, don't you worry.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:15 - Sep 17 with 1144 viewswkj

Don’t buy The S*n - part 57753570 on 15:12 - Sep 17 by footers

Or maybe not.

He'll reinstate boobs on page 3, that'll get him a knighthood from some

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024