Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison 15:20 - Oct 14 with 14822 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Excellent news. Hope he suffered.

‘I had hit the jackpot. A 3 year old girl as loyal to me as my dog’. Evil c**t. Suspected that he sexually assaulted 200 kids.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50042406

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:37 - Oct 15 with 577 viewsGlasgowBlue

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:25 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

No, of course not. But as recently as 30 years ago, people like Savile were abusing children in plain sight, unchallenged. If we want a modern response to the problem, we need a modern attitude to de-sexualising children.

I feel like we're going off on a bit of tangent and this is only one branch of the issue, but as your view differs quite a bit from mine I'd be interested to know what you make of the way the "children" are depicted in this advert, it's a good example of the kind of thing which doesn't sit well with me:-

There is somebody on here you can directly take this up with. If he's logged on.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:57 - Oct 15 with 543 viewsOxford_Blue

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:25 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

No, of course not. But as recently as 30 years ago, people like Savile were abusing children in plain sight, unchallenged. If we want a modern response to the problem, we need a modern attitude to de-sexualising children.

I feel like we're going off on a bit of tangent and this is only one branch of the issue, but as your view differs quite a bit from mine I'd be interested to know what you make of the way the "children" are depicted in this advert, it's a good example of the kind of thing which doesn't sit well with me:-

This video is not a morally equivalent example.

This is two children, early teens possibly. It isn’t sexualising children.
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 20:03 - Oct 15 with 536 viewsjeera

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 14:44 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

Thank you for this interesting enlightening post. I must say it's very disappointing to hear you talk about selling make up to 10 year old girls as if that somehow reinforces the points you have made. It sounds, slightly, to me, like victim blaming, blaming their families and society at large, and absolving sexual predators of some/all of their responsibility.
Paedophiles are rightly criminalised and demonised and long may that continue, or we might face attempts to normalise their behaviours and impulses.

SouperJim is 100% right in his attempts to have a grown-up conversation about this problem.

And it is not helpful to suggest he's taking some angle he clearly isn't.

Bearing in mind there are places people think it's acceptable to marry a child it is not conducive to a positive outcome to heckle anyone trying to tackle various aspects of the subject. Of course it's uncomfortable, which is more credit to him for bringing up the sexualisation of kids.

And to Callis for at least making an effort to also discuss it sensibly. That's the problem. People get too hung up on semantics when it's damn obvious what someone is trying to say.

I have heard the same rubbish line a thousand times and it makes less sense each time I hear it: "Kids grow up so fast nowadays".

No, they don't. Many are schooling into their 20s, then live with their parents into their 30s, play video games into their 40s.

What people really mean is they are experiencing sex younger. Say it. That's what is meant.

Sexualising kids doesn't excuse anyone of abuse, but it doesn't help protect them from potential threats either who apparently see them as fair game.

It needs addressing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 23:24 - Oct 15 with 467 viewsRyorry

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 16:54 - Oct 14 by brogansnose

This makes for horrifying reading for those that want to read it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/14/paedophile-richard-huckle-found-

Like you say, there is no normal equivalence.

That really was an incredibly tough read (but thanks for posting to enable better understanding).

Any notion that his horrifying crimes were simply he consequence of the sexuality he was born with have been well and truly extinguished for me after reading:-

"he wanted to create a 'paedo Wiki guide'. This was found on his laptop, along with 20,000 obscene images and a 'paedopoints ledger', a game he devised awarding himself different points for 15 different levels of depravity on children, which he rated from 'basic' to 'hardcore', and which he also wrote about on a paedophile website.
He refused to hand over encrypted passwords to hidden files on his computer..."

He deliberately made those choices - creating the "guide", the "game" etc. No remorse. Absolute definition of sheer evil as far as I'm concerned.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024