Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison 15:20 - Oct 14 with 14823 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Excellent news. Hope he suffered.

‘I had hit the jackpot. A 3 year old girl as loyal to me as my dog’. Evil c**t. Suspected that he sexually assaulted 200 kids.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50042406

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 18:24 - Oct 14 with 4354 viewsWacko

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 16:18 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

The controversial thing with child sex offenders is yes, it's sick and twisted, but also it's a mental illness. No one decides if they're straight, gay, bi, pan or whatever they are in between. I also imagine no paedophile wakes up one morning and decides on their own merit kids are their sexual preference because they feel like it. Granted there's a difference in case when it comes to acting on it or being a straight up sick f*ck (much like any case of rape) but the root cause that leads someone there isn't a choice.

The question is, what the hell do you do about it? I don't believe it's possible to change someone's sexual preference.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 16:19]

In Germany apparently they have a paedophile clinic where people can go anonymously and get treatment. It doesn't work anywhere else because I believe Germany is the only country where doctors aren't obliged to report a crime (although many who go to the clinic haven't committed a crime, just have thoughts to do so)

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 18:51 - Oct 14 with 4311 viewsmonytowbray

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 18:24 - Oct 14 by Wacko

In Germany apparently they have a paedophile clinic where people can go anonymously and get treatment. It doesn't work anywhere else because I believe Germany is the only country where doctors aren't obliged to report a crime (although many who go to the clinic haven't committed a crime, just have thoughts to do so)

There’s one in the USA I think, Louis Theroux did a documentary on it. It was eye opening to say the least as most things he does are.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:03 - Oct 14 with 4294 viewsfooters

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 18:51 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

There’s one in the USA I think, Louis Theroux did a documentary on it. It was eye opening to say the least as most things he does are.

That's not really comparable. The 'clinic' in that doc is in essence a secure hospital used for warehousing sex offenders. The release rates are so low that it's mainly a life sentence after prison for most.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:29 - Oct 14 with 4241 viewsMJallday

im surprised he lasted 3 years in porridge tbh

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 22:53 - Oct 14 with 4161 viewspelles321

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 16:31 - Oct 14 by SouperJim

So you agree with the death penalty then?

Having read this thread, pity this question was ignored. This was my first thought from the starting comments.

The sexual abuse of children is a crime which provokes a lot of disgust and creates many victims. As does murder. The legal system is there for a reason, and it’s not up to us to judge who lives and dies. In my opinion, If people disagree with this they should campaign to bring back the death penalty (something I would be very much against) rather than support a murder.
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 00:34 - Oct 15 with 4110 viewsWacko

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:03 - Oct 14 by footers

That's not really comparable. The 'clinic' in that doc is in essence a secure hospital used for warehousing sex offenders. The release rates are so low that it's mainly a life sentence after prison for most.

Yeah I watched it and it's not the same. The US one is for convicted offenders, whereas the one in Germany is for those who feel they are predisposed or have committed crimes without getting caught and feel remorse. Think I heard about it on Victoria Derbyshire or something like that

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 11:11 - Oct 15 with 3997 viewseireblue

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 17:34 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

You've shown far more disdain for the Daily Mail on this thread than you have for paedophiles.

I'm gonna guess by the time I reach page three of this thread the Mail gets another mention from you.

You haven’t shown any disdain for paedophiles on this thread.
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 11:43 - Oct 15 with 3964 viewsHerbivore

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 11:11 - Oct 15 by eireblue

The first law of Glassers' Laws of Internet Conduct are that these laws shall not apply to Glassers himself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 11:45 - Oct 15 with 3966 viewsfooters

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 11:11 - Oct 15 by eireblue

Neither have you. And neither have I.

Are we paedophiles?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:16 - Oct 15 with 3936 viewsRyorry

Interesting debate, esp re predisposition (or not). True that perpetrators are themselves often victims of paedophilia, which to me reinforces the thinking that a combination of both nature and nurture is involved.

There's still a choice for perpetrators though, who must surely realise their behaviour is sick and abhorrent. They could refrain from actually carrying out their behaviour and limit it to fantasising within their own homes (without paper or internet images). Chemical castration should also be debated as a possibility.

In reply to the OP tho, his quick and early death is an unacceptable easy get out imho. I wish he'd been left inside to suffer the full term of his sentence - maybe he'd even have come to understand something of the full legacy of horror he'd left his victims. Serving all those years out would certainly have been far harder for him.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:17 - Oct 15 with 3935 viewsSouperJim

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 17:34 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

You've shown far more disdain for the Daily Mail on this thread than you have for paedophiles.

I'm gonna guess by the time I reach page three of this thread the Mail gets another mention from you.

Paedophiles exist. What do we do about it?

I've worked in a professional capacity with many children who have been victims of sexual abuse. I have two girls, 12 and 2, plus a neighbour who has recently been arrested on suspicion of molesting his granddaughter. Multiple members of my own family were victims of sexual abuse as children. I'm not including the above because I think I'm some kind of authority on the subject, I'm just giving my opinion some context as this is an issue I've had to think about more than I would chose. I've also hidden the words "daily mail" somewhere in this post, just for you. Enjoy being right.

At the moment paedophiles are criminalised, regardless of whether they act on their impulses. They are regarded as the lowest of the low, a group who many would happily see suffer, see killed, apparently throwing our own moral compass out of the window in the process. This attitude is evident from some posters in this thread.

I don't feel this is helpful, in fact I think it exacerbates the problem. We as a society need to come up with a more measured response, acknowledge that some people have this problem and explore solutions that mean paedophiles can seek help without fear of retribution. The alternative is we continue to demonise, force them underground whereby, I would argue, they are less likely to find a way past the problem and more likely to abuse children.

I completely understand that this is a topic that makes many people deeply uncomfortable, but I also feel that one of the reasons for this is that we fail to confront societal issues around sexualising children. It's far easier to scream "nonces must die" than say "wait a minute, should we allow make-up to be marketed to 10 year old girls?".

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:18 - Oct 15 with 3919 viewsBackToRussia

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:16 - Oct 15 by Ryorry

Interesting debate, esp re predisposition (or not). True that perpetrators are themselves often victims of paedophilia, which to me reinforces the thinking that a combination of both nature and nurture is involved.

There's still a choice for perpetrators though, who must surely realise their behaviour is sick and abhorrent. They could refrain from actually carrying out their behaviour and limit it to fantasising within their own homes (without paper or internet images). Chemical castration should also be debated as a possibility.

In reply to the OP tho, his quick and early death is an unacceptable easy get out imho. I wish he'd been left inside to suffer the full term of his sentence - maybe he'd even have come to understand something of the full legacy of horror he'd left his victims. Serving all those years out would certainly have been far harder for him.

There's degrees of affliction. In the same way that some people have a desire to commit murder, some can control it, some can't and will continue to kill unless they are locked up.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:26 - Oct 15 with 3919 viewsReuser_is_God

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 16:18 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

The controversial thing with child sex offenders is yes, it's sick and twisted, but also it's a mental illness. No one decides if they're straight, gay, bi, pan or whatever they are in between. I also imagine no paedophile wakes up one morning and decides on their own merit kids are their sexual preference because they feel like it. Granted there's a difference in case when it comes to acting on it or being a straight up sick f*ck (much like any case of rape) but the root cause that leads someone there isn't a choice.

The question is, what the hell do you do about it? I don't believe it's possible to change someone's sexual preference.

Wait, are you saying being gay is a mental illness?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:33 - Oct 15 with 3898 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen that his victims were as young as six months old. That’s not a sexual preference. That’s pure evil.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:44 - Oct 15 with 3872 viewsSouperJim

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:33 - Oct 15 by GlasgowBlue

Just seen that his victims were as young as six months old. That’s not a sexual preference. That’s pure evil.

I'm going to make a bit of a leap and say I don't think he's trying to defend the actions of this individual.

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:44 - Oct 15 with 3870 viewsDanTheMan

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:33 - Oct 15 by GlasgowBlue

The attraction can be, albeit one that is quite disturbing.

However acting upon that preference is undoubtedly incredible evil and sickening.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 13:12 - Oct 15 with 3823 viewsRyorry

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:18 - Oct 15 by BackToRussia

There's degrees of affliction. In the same way that some people have a desire to commit murder, some can control it, some can't and will continue to kill unless they are locked up.

Yes, I know.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 13:19 - Oct 15 with 3800 viewseireblue

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 11:45 - Oct 15 by footers

Neither have you. And neither have I.

Are we paedophiles?

Clearly people will draw their own conclusions.

I think that is how this sort of thing works.
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 14:44 - Oct 15 with 3745 viewschicoazul

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 12:17 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

Paedophiles exist. What do we do about it?

I've worked in a professional capacity with many children who have been victims of sexual abuse. I have two girls, 12 and 2, plus a neighbour who has recently been arrested on suspicion of molesting his granddaughter. Multiple members of my own family were victims of sexual abuse as children. I'm not including the above because I think I'm some kind of authority on the subject, I'm just giving my opinion some context as this is an issue I've had to think about more than I would chose. I've also hidden the words "daily mail" somewhere in this post, just for you. Enjoy being right.

At the moment paedophiles are criminalised, regardless of whether they act on their impulses. They are regarded as the lowest of the low, a group who many would happily see suffer, see killed, apparently throwing our own moral compass out of the window in the process. This attitude is evident from some posters in this thread.

I don't feel this is helpful, in fact I think it exacerbates the problem. We as a society need to come up with a more measured response, acknowledge that some people have this problem and explore solutions that mean paedophiles can seek help without fear of retribution. The alternative is we continue to demonise, force them underground whereby, I would argue, they are less likely to find a way past the problem and more likely to abuse children.

I completely understand that this is a topic that makes many people deeply uncomfortable, but I also feel that one of the reasons for this is that we fail to confront societal issues around sexualising children. It's far easier to scream "nonces must die" than say "wait a minute, should we allow make-up to be marketed to 10 year old girls?".

Thank you for this interesting enlightening post. I must say it's very disappointing to hear you talk about selling make up to 10 year old girls as if that somehow reinforces the points you have made. It sounds, slightly, to me, like victim blaming, blaming their families and society at large, and absolving sexual predators of some/all of their responsibility.
Paedophiles are rightly criminalised and demonised and long may that continue, or we might face attempts to normalise their behaviours and impulses.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 3716 viewsOxford_Blue

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 15:42 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

He was the definition of oxygen thief. I don't care if I sound Daily Mail (as opposed to the other side of the coin, those terrified of being judged for a rather reasonable comment) but I won't lose any sleep over his death. He was truly evil. Trying to produce a document to guide people how to get away with child abuse is beyond words. He abused people over seven years. If he had a few minutes of terror as he bled out I won't be feeling too sympathetic.

No one would argue with that claim he was evil.

I suppose the point is whether he had already been punished and subjected to the rule of law as it stands for his crimes.

Or whether what some are really wanting is the death penalty (indirectly here).

His killer was a serial rapist who “loved raping”.
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 15:04 - Oct 15 with 3692 viewsGaryCooper

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 14:53 - Oct 15 by Oxford_Blue

No one would argue with that claim he was evil.

I suppose the point is whether he had already been punished and subjected to the rule of law as it stands for his crimes.

Or whether what some are really wanting is the death penalty (indirectly here).

His killer was a serial rapist who “loved raping”.

Nothing to do with the death penalty, the nonce probably nicked his smokes.
Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 15:13 - Oct 15 with 3675 viewsSouperJim

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 14:44 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

Thank you for this interesting enlightening post. I must say it's very disappointing to hear you talk about selling make up to 10 year old girls as if that somehow reinforces the points you have made. It sounds, slightly, to me, like victim blaming, blaming their families and society at large, and absolving sexual predators of some/all of their responsibility.
Paedophiles are rightly criminalised and demonised and long may that continue, or we might face attempts to normalise their behaviours and impulses.

Well you've misinterpreted my point by quite a long way. The only people responsible for abuse, are the abusers. I'm not sure why you are so determined to have a very emotive argument on this and continue to try and paint those who are trying to have a reasoned discussion into a corner where they've allegedly said something abhorrent/outrageous?

I'm trying to point out the imbalance in the level of hatred directed towards those sexually attracted to children (NOT perpetrators of abuse) and the acceptance of, say, "schoolgirl" pornography. I see no justifiable reason for the latter, which surely only encourages the former.

Until we stop making children in to sexual objects, we can expect to continue to have people who are sexually attracted to children. You talk about normalising paedophiles, but this is entirely my point - the issue permeates society and is far more "normal" than many seem comfortable admitting.

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 17:40 - Oct 15 with 3600 viewschicoazul

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 15:13 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

Well you've misinterpreted my point by quite a long way. The only people responsible for abuse, are the abusers. I'm not sure why you are so determined to have a very emotive argument on this and continue to try and paint those who are trying to have a reasoned discussion into a corner where they've allegedly said something abhorrent/outrageous?

I'm trying to point out the imbalance in the level of hatred directed towards those sexually attracted to children (NOT perpetrators of abuse) and the acceptance of, say, "schoolgirl" pornography. I see no justifiable reason for the latter, which surely only encourages the former.

Until we stop making children in to sexual objects, we can expect to continue to have people who are sexually attracted to children. You talk about normalising paedophiles, but this is entirely my point - the issue permeates society and is far more "normal" than many seem comfortable admitting.

Do you think paedophilia is effectively a modern phenomenon brought on by advertising and marketing?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 17:53 - Oct 15 with 3571 viewsmonytowbray

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 17:40 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

Do you think paedophilia is effectively a modern phenomenon brought on by advertising and marketing?

Well seeing as you say it’s a choice it must be coming from somewhere ???

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 19:25 - Oct 15 with 3525 viewsSouperJim

Britain’s worst paedophile found stabbed to death in prison on 17:40 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

No, of course not. But as recently as 30 years ago, people like Savile were abusing children in plain sight, unchallenged. If we want a modern response to the problem, we need a modern attitude to de-sexualising children.

I feel like we're going off on a bit of tangent and this is only one branch of the issue, but as your view differs quite a bit from mine I'd be interested to know what you make of the way the "children" are depicted in this advert, it's a good example of the kind of thing which doesn't sit well with me:-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024