Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traffic offences thread 08:39 - Oct 25 with 3396 viewsbluelagos

How good/bad are you?

Aside from the usual, I got tickets for

Parking on the wrong side of the road.
Driving with my arm out of the window
Illegal advertising on my car

Also got pulled for but got away with

Driving without a door
Not driving close enough to the car in front.

One of the above was in Suffolk :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Traffic offences thread on 08:44 - Oct 25 with 3365 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This was you wasn't it!

Edit...my license is clean....rules are for sticking to!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 8:46]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Traffic offences thread on 08:45 - Oct 25 with 3367 viewsOldsmoker

"Not driving close enough to the car in front".
WTF. That is not an offence.
However, were you in a traffic queue and deliberately holding up traffic by leaving a large gap in front of you to p*ss off the drivers behind you?
That's just offensive.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Traffic offences thread on 08:51 - Oct 25 with 3340 viewsbluelagos

Traffic offences thread on 08:44 - Oct 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

This was you wasn't it!

Edit...my license is clean....rules are for sticking to!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 8:46]

Once saw a kids football team on top of a vw van / bus.

Most bizarre was at a motorbike meet in France where people were tieing deckchairs to motorbikes and you had to stay on the deckchair whilst being bounced down a dirt track, whilst drinking from a can.

H&S overkill hasnt quite made it to many places thankfully.

Traffic offences thread on 08:52 - Oct 25 with 3341 viewsbluelagos

Traffic offences thread on 08:45 - Oct 25 by Oldsmoker

However, were you in a traffic queue and deliberately holding up traffic by leaving a large gap in front of you to p*ss off the drivers behind you?
That's just offensive.

Just a Lagos traffic cop trying to make some money. Mate got a ticket for dirty floor mats once,

Traffic offences thread on 09:02 - Oct 25 with 3294 viewsNo9

Traffic offences thread on 08:52 - Oct 25 by bluelagos

Just a Lagos traffic cop trying to make some money. Mate got a ticket for dirty floor mats once,

Isn't that called 'DASH'?
Traffic offences thread on 09:02 - Oct 25 with 3296 viewsRonFearonsHair

That's just offensive.

Why is there such a desperation among drivers to always have to be right behind someone else? Is it so they can check their precious phones in the stationary traffic?

If I am in heavy traffic I try to adjust my speed to account for the volume and conditions, so that by the time I reach the back of the queue it's gone. I prefer to drive at a constant, stress free 40mph than zoom for a while at 65 and then have to come to a complete halt before repeating. It doesn't get me to my destination any later and seems far less dangerous.
Traffic offences thread on 09:26 - Oct 25 with 3269 viewsOldsmoker

Traffic offences thread on 09:02 - Oct 25 by RonFearonsHair

Why is there such a desperation among drivers to always have to be right behind someone else? Is it so they can check their precious phones in the stationary traffic?

If I am in heavy traffic I try to adjust my speed to account for the volume and conditions, so that by the time I reach the back of the queue it's gone. I prefer to drive at a constant, stress free 40mph than zoom for a while at 65 and then have to come to a complete halt before repeating. It doesn't get me to my destination any later and seems far less dangerous.

The traffic queues I'm referring to can't do 20mph let alone 40mph.
It's in a built-up area where 30mph is the speed limit.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Traffic offences thread on 09:28 - Oct 25 with 3259 viewsBrianTablet

Yes, but you are a pilot.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

Traffic offences thread on 09:39 - Oct 25 with 3241 viewsHerbivore

People who drive at a constant speed of 40mph on national speed limit roads should be rounded up and shot.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Traffic offences thread on 09:43 - Oct 25 with 3238 viewsGeoffSentence

I hope you aren't one of those people who drives at constant stress free fourty through the national speed limit, then the 40 mph speed limit and continuing through 30 mph limits.

My word those people puzzle me, I can kindof understand driving at 40 through higher speed limits, they are keeping safely within the law, but to then stay at exactly the same speed when the limit drops makes no sense.

People befuddle me all the time, help me understand TWTD.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Traffic offences thread on 09:44 - Oct 25 with 3230 viewsHerbivore

Traffic offences thread on 09:43 - Oct 25 by GeoffSentence

I hope you aren't one of those people who drives at constant stress free fourty through the national speed limit, then the 40 mph speed limit and continuing through 30 mph limits.

My word those people puzzle me, I can kindof understand driving at 40 through higher speed limits, they are keeping safely within the law, but to then stay at exactly the same speed when the limit drops makes no sense.

The A140 is rife with this kind of driver. They make me understand road rage.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Traffic offences thread on 13:23 - Oct 25 with 3155 viewsfactual_blue

That's just offensive.

I think Lagos' point is that in Nigeria the poorly-paid police will make up an offence just to make a few bob from a foreign national. The likelihood that the fine (presumably paid on the spot) doesn't trouble an official bank account at any point is pretty high.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Traffic offences thread on 13:43 - Oct 25 with 3103 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes, this^^^. They're common in rural Wales too. Why, just why?

PS - clean licence here.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 13:43]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Traffic offences thread on 13:55 - Oct 25 with 3083 viewsgiant_stow

They're quite easy to hurry up though via a bit of extreme tailgaiting - bonus point when you make them pullover in disgust.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Traffic offences thread on 15:01 - Oct 25 with 3037 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Traffic offences thread on 09:39 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

People who drive at a constant speed of 40mph on national speed limit roads should be rounded up and shot.

Thank you for your input Jeremy.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Traffic offences thread on 16:04 - Oct 25 with 2990 viewsmonytowbray

I've had...

2006: Caught on A3 doing 70 in a 50. Had a car full of mates distracting me and missed the speed limit change going into London. Took points.

2010: Jobsworth copper did me in Portsmouth for being on double yellows with hazards on whilst delivering a pizza. Fine but no points.

2012: 33 in a 30 going down a hill and distracted by my then GF in Southampton. Speed awareness course.

2016: Got caught doing 77 in the average speed check on the A12. Speed awareness course.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Traffic offences thread on 16:07 - Oct 25 with 2980 viewsmonytowbray

Traffic offences thread on 09:39 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

I love the Icklingham/Langford Road between Bury and Mildenhall when you have one of those tw@ts up your arse in the 30, leave them for dust in the 60 and then watch them carry on raging behind you when they catch you up.

It's like come on, take a hint, I'm going to get to my destination faster regardless of me holding you up in the 30s for a few minutes by doing the speed limit.

Getting stuck behind one though, that's the worst.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Traffic offences thread on 16:12 - Oct 25 with 2972 viewsReuser_is_God

Traffic offences thread on 16:04 - Oct 25 by monytowbray

I've had...

2006: Caught on A3 doing 70 in a 50. Had a car full of mates distracting me and missed the speed limit change going into London. Took points.

2010: Jobsworth copper did me in Portsmouth for being on double yellows with hazards on whilst delivering a pizza. Fine but no points.

2012: 33 in a 30 going down a hill and distracted by my then GF in Southampton. Speed awareness course.

2016: Got caught doing 77 in the average speed check on the A12. Speed awareness course.

2012: was she giving you a blozza?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Traffic offences thread on 16:14 - Oct 25 with 2967 viewsbluelagos

I've had...

You're brave admitting to that lot on here!

Traffic offences thread on 16:16 - Oct 25 with 2958 viewsbluelagos

Traffic offences thread on 16:07 - Oct 25 by monytowbray

I love the Icklingham/Langford Road between Bury and Mildenhall when you have one of those tw@ts up your arse in the 30, leave them for dust in the 60 and then watch them carry on raging behind you when they catch you up.

It's like come on, take a hint, I'm going to get to my destination faster regardless of me holding you up in the 30s for a few minutes by doing the speed limit.

Getting stuck behind one though, that's the worst.

Everything you've ever posted about driving makes me think you'd love it being on 2 wheels. (That's not a criticism btw)

Traffic offences thread on 18:45 - Oct 25 with 2923 viewsjaykay

I've had...

doing 33 in a 30 that copper must have disliked the look of you

Guidance from the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) does recommend giving drivers a so-called ‘10% plus 2’ leeway, to aid police officers in using 'discretion', however, it is well worth remembering this is only a recommendation, not the law.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Traffic offences thread on 18:52 - Oct 25 with 2917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Never heard of anyone being done for half of those in the OP. I once saw a bloke driving with his head out of the window because he hadn't defrosted his screen and another driving while drinking a cup of coffee.

It seems currently that people are less likely to be done for parking on a double yellow than overstaying time in a pay-and-display. Parking tickets in car parks are the only ones I have fallen foul of (3 times - once when I overstayed time, once when I parked in the traffic warden's bay instead of a marked one and the last time when I parked in a red marked bay which I thought meant I had 30 min free but when I got back and read the sign meant I could only pay for a maximum of 2 hours).

Been pulled but not done for speeding and for overtaking coming off a dual carriageway. That last one, the car I overtook was doing around 30 and nearly hit the police car where the officer had pulled me over about half a mile down the road and with clear visibility, swerving at the last minute!

All of these were in Suffolk.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024