Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday 10:17 - Oct 28 with 6461 viewsHullblue

Possibly just because that ‘Southend get battered’ song was so catchy. Felt like an actual derby at times.

Fair play to them for singing when they were 3-0 down too. One of the better away games I’ve been to recently.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

I saw Texters joining in...... on 11:13 - Oct 28 with 1939 viewsBloots

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:26 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

The "Southend get battered" song was awful. Almost as bad as "we're the left side etc"

Them losing 7-1 to Donny was nothing to do with us, so why we kept going on about it, I have no idea.

.....with "We're the right side".

He was loving it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I enjoyed the fat kid next to him..... on 11:15 - Oct 28 with 1951 viewsartsbossbeard

I enjoyed the fat kid next to him..... on 11:12 - Oct 28 by Bloots

....with the dodgy hair. I don't think he watched more than 5 minutes of the entire game.

Also the older bloke in the dirty cap that appeared at the wall every time we scored, he looked like he came from Jaywick rather than Southend.

Characters eh.

If that young lad saw more than a minute of the game I'd be surpised!

The older bloke got well upset about something. I saw him run to the front and dob someone into one of their stewards who didn't seem to care at all.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I saw Texters joining in...... on 11:29 - Oct 28 with 1890 viewstextbackup

I saw Texters joining in...... on 11:13 - Oct 28 by Bloots

.....with "We're the right side".

He was loving it.

I started it!

However I was only a right sided for a short time, lefted it up also. I was a floater

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 1820 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I thought it was one of the best away games in many a year

As reuser says.. it was proper.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:01 - Oct 28 with 1752 viewsEly_Blue

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:35 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

7-1 song and "we're the left side" etc, apart, it was a proper decent away game.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The tickets with seat numbers in an unreserved seating away end added to it. We stood all game in one of the gangways.

Great atmosphere, however the unreserved seating when we had sold the entire end was ludicrous, 2 deep at a seat where I was which was just about ok until we scored and the idiots surging started to put people nearly over the top of seats.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:26 - Oct 28 with 1715 viewsMatt_Netherlands

What was the song?
Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:58 - Oct 28 with 1668 viewsGeoffSentence

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:41 - Oct 28 by PJH

I did not know it was unreserved seating until afterwards so I was dutifully standing in close proximity to the seat number on my ticket, completely central and six rows back.

There was an old style surge when the first goal went in but not so much where I was with the other two.

How odd. You would have thought that the presence of seat numbers would have meant that it was reserved seating. What gave the game away that it wasn't?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:59 - Oct 28 with 1662 viewsITFC_Forever

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:58 - Oct 28 by GeoffSentence

How odd. You would have thought that the presence of seat numbers would have meant that it was reserved seating. What gave the game away that it wasn't?

The big signs on the front wall saying "This area is unreserved seating" (or words to that effect) kind of gave it away.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 14:05 - Oct 28 with 1644 viewsGeoffSentence

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:59 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

The big signs on the front wall saying "This area is unreserved seating" (or words to that effect) kind of gave it away.

That's a pretty good clue.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 14:10 - Oct 28 with 1635 viewsHullblue

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:01 - Oct 28 by Ely_Blue

Great atmosphere, however the unreserved seating when we had sold the entire end was ludicrous, 2 deep at a seat where I was which was just about ok until we scored and the idiots surging started to put people nearly over the top of seats.

Yeah that was a bit ridiculous. I was sharing a seat throughout the first half. What’s the argument for making it unreserved? Maybe you don’t need quite as many stewards.

It makes sense when the section’s only half full, but on days like Saturday it doesn’t feel completely safe.

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 14:21 - Oct 28 with 1613 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:01 - Oct 28 by Ely_Blue

That was the fun bit. Seeing grown men laughing and fist pumping as they were flying over 10 rows of seats.

Need more of that, most away games this season have just been stand and clap, more limbs needed.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 14:25 - Oct 28 with 1595 viewsPJH

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 13:59 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

I did not see those big signs-I saw a sign saying Gents though.
Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:18 - Oct 28 with 1535 viewsEly_Blue

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 14:21 - Oct 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

That was the fun bit. Seeing grown men laughing and fist pumping as they were flying over 10 rows of seats.

Need more of that, most away games this season have just been stand and clap, more limbs needed.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:22 - Oct 28 with 1527 viewsSlambo

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 14:21 - Oct 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

Couldn't agree more! Just need to rip the seats out and put terracing back in so we can go back to the old school crowd surge. Then football will have got one little piece of its soul back...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:27 - Oct 28 with 1513 viewsHullblue

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:22 - Oct 28 by Slambo

Couldn't agree more! Just need to rip the seats out and put terracing back in so we can go back to the old school crowd surge. Then football will have got one little piece of its soul back...

That’s the irony though isn’t it - terraces have been deemed unsafe but as long as they’re managed properly, they’re surely safer than unreserved seating. It’s a pretty stupid compromise that we’ve reached.

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:50 - Oct 28 with 1471 viewsmaccyd9

Class away day, best in years.

Big away following, everyone up for it, just felt like a proper old school away day.

Was very good in The Last Post and got even better in Heroes. Unreserved seating will always assist in the atmosphere as it did Saturday. That area next to the home fans was quality and it allowed people that didn't want to get so involved to go elsewhere.

Loved the limbs for the goals, the second in particular.

Got down there for 9am and home by 1am so felt rough Sunday but well well worth it.
Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:59 - Oct 28 with 1454 viewsReuser_is_God

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:50 - Oct 28 by maccyd9

Class away day, best in years.

Big away following, everyone up for it, just felt like a proper old school away day.

Was very good in The Last Post and got even better in Heroes. Unreserved seating will always assist in the atmosphere as it did Saturday. That area next to the home fans was quality and it allowed people that didn't want to get so involved to go elsewhere.

Loved the limbs for the goals, the second in particular.

Got down there for 9am and home by 1am so felt rough Sunday but well well worth it.

1am?

Lightweight.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 16:00 - Oct 28 with 1450 viewsmaccyd9

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 15:59 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

1am?

Lightweight.

Last train innit.
I enjoyed the fat kid next to him..... on 20:49 - Oct 28 with 1283 viewsrfretwell

I enjoyed the fat kid next to him..... on 11:12 - Oct 28 by Bloots

....with the dodgy hair. I don't think he watched more than 5 minutes of the entire game.

Also the older bloke in the dirty cap that appeared at the wall every time we scored, he looked like he came from Jaywick rather than Southend.

Characters eh.

Yes Bloots, about time someone mentioned him! Old green cap, continual sign language over to our lot throughout the game. He can't have watched more than 5 minutes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024