Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone says hes a prick 14:56 - Oct 31 with 2931 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/oct/31/a-duel-with-van-morrison-is-this-a

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:13 - Oct 31 with 2870 viewswoodbridge_blue

There's no denying his talent but buying a ticket for his concerts is a monumental gamble.....I once paid £25 to see him play at The Regent around 20 years ago, for a show that lasted precisely 26 minutes. Those 26 minutes were pretty good though , albeit he didn't once acknowlege the mugs that had paid a pound a minute for his show.
Everyone says hes a prick on 15:15 - Oct 31 with 2865 viewsGuthrum

But on the other hand, he's probably had to give thousands of interviews in his long career (likely several that day), to people who are gushing about his music and its qualities when, for him, it's just something he does without intellectually dissecting it all that much. I doubt anyone asks him anything he hasn't already answered dozens of times before.

Even famous old musicians get grouchy. After working late the previous night he's had to travel, then get up early for interviews he doesn't really care about.

Plus genius and being highly strung often seem to go together.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:19 - Oct 31 with 2843 viewsgiant_stow

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:13 - Oct 31 by woodbridge_blue

There's no denying his talent but buying a ticket for his concerts is a monumental gamble.....I once paid £25 to see him play at The Regent around 20 years ago, for a show that lasted precisely 26 minutes. Those 26 minutes were pretty good though , albeit he didn't once acknowlege the mugs that had paid a pound a minute for his show.

Mrs ullaa has a very similar story as you.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:21 - Oct 31 with 2841 viewsgiant_stow

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:15 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

But on the other hand, he's probably had to give thousands of interviews in his long career (likely several that day), to people who are gushing about his music and its qualities when, for him, it's just something he does without intellectually dissecting it all that much. I doubt anyone asks him anything he hasn't already answered dozens of times before.

Even famous old musicians get grouchy. After working late the previous night he's had to travel, then get up early for interviews he doesn't really care about.

Very fair minded and quite possibly true, but.....

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:27 - Oct 31 with 2833 viewsGuthrum

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:21 - Oct 31 by giant_stow

Very fair minded and quite possibly true, but.....

I met one or two quite grumpy artistes at Glastonbury when working backstage. But they were often in the middle of gruelling tours (playing the same stuff every night), had travelled a long way and were just generally having a sh1t day.

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:29 - Oct 31 with 2821 viewschicoazul

You're always excusing terrible behaviour. He didnt have to give an interview.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:31 - Oct 31 with 2814 viewsfactual_blue

..but then there's this....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:38 - Oct 31 with 2776 viewsfactual_blue

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:27 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

I met one or two quite grumpy artistes at Glastonbury when working backstage. But they were often in the middle of gruelling tours (playing the same stuff every night), had travelled a long way and were just generally having a sh1t day.

Yeah, sorry about that. The traffic to the heliport was terrible.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:42 - Oct 31 with 2750 viewsIllinoisblue

I rather like interviews like that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:58 - Oct 31 with 2734 viewsjeera

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:42 - Oct 31 by Illinoisblue

I rather like interviews like that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone says hes a prick on 16:30 - Oct 31 with 2680 viewsIllinoisblue

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:58 - Oct 31 by jeera

i could watch that 10 times a day.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:02 - Oct 31 with 2568 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, there's many, many, many interviews out that give weight to the theory that he's a bit of a git.

See also: Morrissey.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:17 - Oct 31 with 2545 viewsGlasgowBlue

My Mrs went to see him in the early 90's in Glasgow. He came on stage, sang his songs without speaking once to the audience. At the end he went off stage and everyone shouted for an encore. A few minutes later he came back on stage, the crowd thought he was going to do an encore, he picked up his sun glasses which he'd left on the mic stand and walked off again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:25 - Oct 31 with 2535 viewsGuthrum

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:29 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

You're always excusing terrible behaviour. He didnt have to give an interview.

Contractually, he probably did have to.

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:33 - Oct 31 with 2509 viewsDarth_Koont

Everyone says hes a prick on 15:13 - Oct 31 by woodbridge_blue

I remember hearing that Van Morrison concerts were either the best or the worst concert - and you never knew what you were going to get even from one night to the next.

I sort of agree that's his charm and genius but if you've turned up and don't know this then you probably should get some sort of refund. Struggling to think of anywhere else the unexpected randomness of the performance would be acceptable.

Although admittedly I'd like to have seen certain ITFC games ended after 26 minutes, you'd be slightly miffed if they were.

Pronouns: He/Him

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:34 - Oct 31 with 2505 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:33 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

I remember hearing that Van Morrison concerts were either the best or the worst concert - and you never knew what you were going to get even from one night to the next.

I sort of agree that's his charm and genius but if you've turned up and don't know this then you probably should get some sort of refund. Struggling to think of anywhere else the unexpected randomness of the performance would be acceptable.

Although admittedly I'd like to have seen certain ITFC games ended after 26 minutes, you'd be slightly miffed if they were.

"Struggling to think of anywhere else the unexpected randomness of the performance would be acceptable"

Portman Road?

Edit, damnit should have rest the rest of your post before jumping in to reply!
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 19:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:35 - Oct 31 with 2500 viewsMelford

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:02 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, there's many, many, many interviews out that give weight to the theory that he's a bit of a git.

See also: Morrissey.

and Lou Reed. Here's practically the same Guardian article about interviewing him https://www.theguardian.com/music/2003/may/19/artsfeatures.popandrock

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:35 - Oct 31 with 2498 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe if he doesn’t like the attention he could stop releasing records into the public domain? Just an idea

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:41 - Oct 31 with 2480 viewsDarth_Koont

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:34 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

"Struggling to think of anywhere else the unexpected randomness of the performance would be acceptable"

Portman Road?

Edit, damnit should have rest the rest of your post before jumping in to reply!
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 19:34]

Although not sure if 90 minutes of rubbish is really better.

Maybe Van just knows it's going to be bad so he's actually doing them a favour?

Pronouns: He/Him

Everyone says hes a prick on 19:51 - Oct 31 with 2458 viewsEireannach_gorm

Ivan has a long history of being difficult.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024