Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson’s terror-free utopia 23:05 - Nov 30 with 4178 viewsZedRodgers

This is classic post-May Tory electioneering. Their deceitful delicacy of year’s gone by has now been completed replaced by Bullingdon bungling.

Don’t be surprised at the scale of mild-mannered Tory defections to the Lib Dems at the close of the polls.

No, not at the moment

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:28 - Dec 1 with 1433 viewsSwansea_Blue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 06:25 - Dec 1 by crunchie1978

JC will be at the funeral....wreath in hand.

I hope you’re trolling. Otherwise you’re the perfect illustration of why they can get away with this, which is incredibly sad.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 9:28]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:28 - Dec 1 with 1428 viewsGaryCooper

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:18 - Dec 1 by ZedRodgers

In the article Johnson attaches blame to Labour by saying the killer was “sentenced 11 years ago under laws passed in 2008 which established automatic early release”.

This is an outright lie. Usman Khan was arrested and sentenced in 7 years ago, in 2012:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50611788

He was given an indeterminate sentence due to being deemed high risk, before his sentence was updated to fixed term by the Appeals Court in 2013. Indeterminate sentences were scrapped by the Tories in 2012. There were certainly issues with indeterminate sentences - They didn’t serve the purpose they were introduced for.

I’m not necessarily criticising the decision to scrap indeterminate sentences, but there are still serious questions to ask about how the Conservative government of the time managed this period of change. Of course, the courts could have kept Khan away from the public for longer and there seems to have been some clear failings by the outsourced probation service. The root cause of theses issues is the Tories overseeing security in the cheap, not a long since departed Gordon Brown government.

This must be one of Johnson’s most shameful lies. Priti Patel can fcuk off too.

' The root cause of theses issues is the Tories overseeing security in the cheap'

Another who has no comprehension of root cause.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:32 - Dec 1 with 1418 viewsSwansea_Blue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:24 - Dec 1 by m14_blue

That wasn't all he was suggesting.

Correct. Yorkshire also said that it was convenient, but made clear that he/she wasn’t talking about false flag stuff. It’s very convenient for those who want to divide us, even if it was a lone wolf.

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:36 - Dec 1 with 1404 viewsartsbossbeard

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:01 - Dec 1 by Herbivore

I'm starting to think that of all the awful things Johnson has done and the British press has lapped up, this is the worst. It is full of factual inaccuracies. It makes false promises. It is essentially gaslighting the public in a number of ways. It goes against the expressed wishes of the father of the named victim not to use his death as an excuse for harsher sentencing. All this less than 48 hours since the attack. It's absolutely disgusting. In normal times it should cost him the election, but we don't live in normal times.

Edit - forgot to add the implanting of the idea that it's a good thing to erode human rights.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 9:20]

This is the issue. This should cost him the election but it won't.

We'll be governed by a proven liar off the back of an online slur campaign, Murdoch's empire and many people not able to think for themselves or see through the BS.

Sad times.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:37 - Dec 1 with 1398 viewsm14_blue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:32 - Dec 1 by Swansea_Blue

Correct. Yorkshire also said that it was convenient, but made clear that he/she wasn’t talking about false flag stuff. It’s very convenient for those who want to divide us, even if it was a lone wolf.

I think the implication of the post was clear but perhaps I’m being harsh.

Agree with the rest of your post.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:44 - Dec 1 with 1380 viewsSwansea_Blue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:37 - Dec 1 by m14_blue

I think the implication of the post was clear but perhaps I’m being harsh.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Maybe I was being naive, dunno.

The other (minor) thing about all this, blaming the hung parliament for their failings so far highlights this government’s inability to build consensus. It’s childlike and doesn’t bode well as we possibly enter the largest set of talks we’ve ever had about the future of the UK.

Not fit to govern, on so many levels.

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:50 - Dec 1 with 1365 viewsZedRodgers

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:28 - Dec 1 by GaryCooper

' The root cause of theses issues is the Tories overseeing security in the cheap'

Another who has no comprehension of root cause.

Sorry, should have been clearer.

British foreign policy is the ‘root’ cause.

No, not at the moment

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 10:00 - Dec 1 with 1353 viewsfactual_blue

You've spelt 'dystopia' wrongly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 10:30 - Dec 1 with 1335 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 01:29 - Dec 1 by BlueBadger

In the words of Iain Banks, being a 'decent Tory' is like being a piece of sweetcorn in a turd. Sure, you've kept your integrity, but you're still deeply embedded in sh1t.

It's more like finding a piece of sweetcorn in the turd of somebody who doesn't even eat sweetcorn.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 10:31 - Dec 1 with 1333 viewsGaryCooper

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 09:50 - Dec 1 by ZedRodgers

Sorry, should have been clearer.

British foreign policy is the ‘root’ cause.

So Tory policy is not the root cause, right glad that is cleared up, ate for the momentum spokesman to have offered fake news.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 13:06 - Dec 1 with 1299 viewsquirkie

It is just quite extraordinary that we live in a time when the Labour party are not absolutely out of site against this Tory mob.

How on earth can we have a totally corrupt Tory party with an imbecile as a leader and yet Labour are no where near getting a majority. Baffling.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 13:36 - Dec 1 with 1284 viewsGaryCooper

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 13:06 - Dec 1 by quirkie

It is just quite extraordinary that we live in a time when the Labour party are not absolutely out of site against this Tory mob.

How on earth can we have a totally corrupt Tory party with an imbecile as a leader and yet Labour are no where near getting a majority. Baffling.

Why is it baffling? The tories are all that you say, but labour are being run by programmed, Marxist, extremists , some even post on here, 5 more years of tory fek ups due to the hijacking of the labour party.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 13:37 - Dec 1 with 1284 viewseireblue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 13:06 - Dec 1 by quirkie

Politicians have realised most people don’t vote based on rational argument and evidence, but emotion.

So can appeal to emotion with lies and misinformation.

What is sad to see is that normal people are happy to also simply lie and spread misinformation.

Politicians are turning people into liars.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 18:00 - Dec 1 with 1248 viewsZedRodgers

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 10:31 - Dec 1 by GaryCooper

So Tory policy is not the root cause, right glad that is cleared up, ate for the momentum spokesman to have offered fake news.

British foreign policy over multiple decades may be the root cause of terror threat, but 9 years of austerity has also contributed to our safety being compromised. Usman Khan was on probation and there was clearly a failure in monitoring him.

Listen to Corbyn here in March of this year, highlighting the risky game the government were playing with their privatised and underfunded probation service:

Once again, he’s on the right side of history. This was just one tragic attack. Think how much avoidable pain has been caused by that rise of more than 50% in crimes committed by offenders on parole. Politics is not a game.

No, not at the moment

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:32 - Dec 1 with 1206 viewscrunchie1978

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 18:00 - Dec 1 by ZedRodgers

British foreign policy over multiple decades may be the root cause of terror threat, but 9 years of austerity has also contributed to our safety being compromised. Usman Khan was on probation and there was clearly a failure in monitoring him.

Listen to Corbyn here in March of this year, highlighting the risky game the government were playing with their privatised and underfunded probation service:

Once again, he’s on the right side of history. This was just one tragic attack. Think how much avoidable pain has been caused by that rise of more than 50% in crimes committed by offenders on parole. Politics is not a game.

When JC opens the immigration flood gates just imagine how many he'll need then!
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:38 - Dec 1 with 1200 viewssparks

The probabtion service appears to have had little or nothing to do with recent events.

Its a bad argument.

There are enough good oens to rely upon!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:41 - Dec 1 with 1186 viewseireblue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:32 - Dec 1 by crunchie1978

When JC opens the immigration flood gates just imagine how many he'll need then!

We have had free movement of labour for quite a while now.

Clearly the Tories over the last few years, decided we had too many police officers, when we had open borders to the EU.

You have made a rather stupid point.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:42 - Dec 1 with 1185 viewssparks

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:41 - Dec 1 by eireblue

We have had free movement of labour for quite a while now.

Clearly the Tories over the last few years, decided we had too many police officers, when we had open borders to the EU.

You have made a rather stupid point.

I dont think its an entirely hopelss point- if it is correct that Corbyn wishes to dispose of all barriers to immigration entirely...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:47 - Dec 1 with 1173 viewsRadlett_blue

It's been well illustrated that tougher sentences don't actually do much to deter criminals, although they seem to please some of the tabloid readers. The 50% reduction from sentence for good behaviour is pretty standard & it's been shown that locking people up for a long time means they are less likely to be rehabilitated back into society. Most people understandably don't want people who are a danger to the public released early and it seems that the Court of Appeal (presumably funded by legal aid) made a major error in changing Usman Khan's prison term.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:48 - Dec 1 with 1171 viewsjimmyvet

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:38 - Dec 1 by sparks

The probabtion service appears to have had little or nothing to do with recent events.

Its a bad argument.

There are enough good oens to rely upon!

Wise words unfortunately Zed is in GE mode and repeating word for word what Momentum Central Office peddles. Zed your recent posts sadly are so biased you are no different or morally greater than those you constantly try to undermine.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 19:49]
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:49 - Dec 1 with 1169 viewseireblue

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:42 - Dec 1 by sparks

I dont think its an entirely hopelss point- if it is correct that Corbyn wishes to dispose of all barriers to immigration entirely...

It isn’t in the manifesto.

Just a return to EU free movement, work visas, and stronger border controls.
Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:59 - Dec 1 with 1148 viewsHerbivore

Nice bit of open xenophobia there, chief.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 20:11 - Dec 1 with 1133 viewsZedRodgers

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 19:48 - Dec 1 by jimmyvet

Wise words unfortunately Zed is in GE mode and repeating word for word what Momentum Central Office peddles. Zed your recent posts sadly are so biased you are no different or morally greater than those you constantly try to undermine.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 19:49]

Congratulations on figuring out my political position but I think your second point that I’m “no different” to those I’m opposed to is a contraction of your first.

No, not at the moment

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 22:50 - Dec 1 with 1011 viewscatch74

Loves his Bullingdon buddies.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Johnson’s terror-free utopia on 05:34 - Dec 2 with 969 viewsNewcyBlue

I can only assume you’re a bloody idiot.

This anti-immigration stuff really pisses me off. Next time I bring Seb down to the FanZone why don’t you come along and tell him why you think his step-mum should be deported because she’s brown. Considering how much he loves her I would suggest you wear a cup, as he will no doubt punch you in the balls.

Hit a racist bigot. I’ll have brought him up well.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024