Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit 22:30 - Dec 12 with 5362 viewsLord_Lucan

then you would have to concede that any 2nd referendum right now would result in a bigger leave vote - and I don't think it would

The problem is Corbyn and his buddies.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:32 - Dec 12 with 697 viewsLord_Lucan

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:25 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

I’m a floating voter, always have been.

I try to have faith in humanity, if that’s a crime, shoot me.

And as someone who has had meltdowns over simply being told eating animals may be bad telling me about half baked truths may be a bit deep. I know you often get a free pass here for hypocrisy though so telling you won’t make a difference.

Oh FFS Callis, grow up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:35 - Dec 12 with 678 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:31 - Dec 12 by NewcyBlue

Free pass? No mate.

I think you’re too angered by the result here. Which I agree is a piss poor.

Lucan isn’t showing any kinds of hypocrisy. He’s just said he likes the bloke.

I see Newcastle Central has held firm as Labour.

I just think to call me close minded is a bit far, it’s not unreasonable given Johnson’s track record to ask how anyone with a brain can justify still liking him. If he was your mate down the pub and all his actions were a scaled down version that affected you - loaned him a few grand and lost it, consistently lied to your face, showed nothing but self interest you’d probably sack him off quite fast.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:37 - Dec 12 with 659 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:32 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

Oh FFS Callis, grow up.

Or you could discuss things like a grown up and justify your opinions. I’m always open to discussion even when I don’t agree, even if a few on here like to paint a different picture.

TWTD never forgets…

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:44 - Dec 12 with 634 viewsSwansea_Blue

The question is why do they fear him?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:46 - Dec 12 with 626 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:44 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

Billionaires can be very convincing when they own most the media.

TWTD never forgets…

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:48 - Dec 12 with 617 viewsNewcyBlue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:35 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

I just think to call me close minded is a bit far, it’s not unreasonable given Johnson’s track record to ask how anyone with a brain can justify still liking him. If he was your mate down the pub and all his actions were a scaled down version that affected you - loaned him a few grand and lost it, consistently lied to your face, showed nothing but self interest you’d probably sack him off quite fast.

I think he’s saying you can’t call people thick because they didn’t vote the way you did.

I don’t think people voting for Boris are thick. I think they’re misguided, and in full self preservation mode, but not thick.

People vote selfishly. It doesn’t make them thick.

It’s annoying that we have lost the traits that made Britain great, such as our charitable nature, ability to welcome all persons regardless of colour, nationality, religion.

We’ve regressed as human beings.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:49 - Dec 12 with 607 viewslowhouseblue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:44 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

because they don't think he shares their values. they don't trust him on the economy, or tax or on national security.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:49 - Dec 12 with 597 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:46 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

And Labour supporting the New Statesman who said they couldn't endorse Corbyn?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:49 - Dec 12 with 606 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:18 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

You w@nk over anything that has a pop at me so I wouldn’t get too excited.

Don’t flatter yourself pal.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:53 - Dec 12 with 597 viewsLord_Lucan

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:48 - Dec 12 by NewcyBlue

I think he’s saying you can’t call people thick because they didn’t vote the way you did.

I don’t think people voting for Boris are thick. I think they’re misguided, and in full self preservation mode, but not thick.

People vote selfishly. It doesn’t make them thick.

It’s annoying that we have lost the traits that made Britain great, such as our charitable nature, ability to welcome all persons regardless of colour, nationality, religion.

We’ve regressed as human beings.

Hi Newcy

Yet we remain one of the least racist countries in the whole world.

I don't travel as much as you do seeing that you are constantly moving but I do travel a bit and I really can't think of many countries that are least racist.

Brexit is only a racist thing for the extremes. IMHO

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:55 - Dec 12 with 581 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:37 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

Or you could discuss things like a grown up and justify your opinions. I’m always open to discussion even when I don’t agree, even if a few on here like to paint a different picture.

As you say you’re open to discussion, can I ask a question?

Do you now want Corbyn gone from the Labour Party? Imo if this was Millibands brother (I forget his name) instead of Corbyn, they’d have won tonight.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:55 - Dec 12 with 580 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:49 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Don’t flatter yourself pal.

You came in your pants when Sitters wound people up about me not being vegan.

TWTD never forgets…

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:59 - Dec 12 with 563 viewsjeera

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:53 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

Hi Newcy

I don't travel as much as you do seeing that you are constantly moving but I do travel a bit and I really can't think of many countries that are least racist.

It's a fair point but there's always room for improvement buddy.

Brexit has surprised me which shows how out of touch I must be.

There are attitudes stuck in some time zone that I thought were on their way out.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:01 - Dec 13 with 552 viewsNewcyBlue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:53 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

Hi Newcy

Alreet Bonny lad?

I think the increase in racial hatred crimes is a worrying trend.

I don’t think comparing ourselves to other nations is how we should benchmark ourselves. Having seen much of the world, I would welcome more open borders.

You should see the people that come stand round my car at the hospital MrsN works at. They all come for a chat and to ask how the trip went etc or when I am next going. Some of the Filipinos have family that have sailed with me.

The Romanians normally come to laugh at my poor Romanian. Indians normally swear at me in Hindi and walk by, because sweating is all I know in Hindi and apparently I say it like I am talking “very nicely to someone”.

I would much rather they went back to their digs, Skyped home and said about the idiot that tried to speak their language, rather than the idiots holding the banners up in the city centre with the anti immigration stuff.

Unfortunately it’s become so polarised. People are being told that brown people are taking their jobs. I’d like to see the lass next door change bed pans for a living. She wouldn’t last a day.

It’s a shame. We should be living in harmony, not us against them. Or maybe that’s just pie in the sky.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:04 - Dec 13 with 540 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:49 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

because they don't think he shares their values. they don't trust him on the economy, or tax or on national security.

But why don’t they trust him when the evidence points to Labour and Corbyn being less risky on all those points.

The answer of course is because they’ve been told not to trust him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:08 - Dec 13 with 530 viewslowhouseblue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:04 - Dec 13 by Swansea_Blue

But why don’t they trust him when the evidence points to Labour and Corbyn being less risky on all those points.

The answer of course is because they’ve been told not to trust him.

sorry that's nonsense. people make up their own minds. if labour is to recover it needs to get past this attitude that people who don't support them are stupid. it now needs to listen to the millions of its traditional supporters who in this election didn't trust it or believe it or support it. they're not puppets or fools - they thought the current labour party didn't represent them. that's as bad as it can get.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:11 - Dec 13 with 513 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:55 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

You came in your pants when Sitters wound people up about me not being vegan.

So you’re ignoring the question then. Good ‘debating’

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:13 - Dec 13 with 511 viewsLord_Lucan

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:01 - Dec 13 by NewcyBlue

Alreet Bonny lad?

I think the increase in racial hatred crimes is a worrying trend.

I don’t think comparing ourselves to other nations is how we should benchmark ourselves. Having seen much of the world, I would welcome more open borders.

You should see the people that come stand round my car at the hospital MrsN works at. They all come for a chat and to ask how the trip went etc or when I am next going. Some of the Filipinos have family that have sailed with me.

The Romanians normally come to laugh at my poor Romanian. Indians normally swear at me in Hindi and walk by, because sweating is all I know in Hindi and apparently I say it like I am talking “very nicely to someone”.

I would much rather they went back to their digs, Skyped home and said about the idiot that tried to speak their language, rather than the idiots holding the banners up in the city centre with the anti immigration stuff.

Unfortunately it’s become so polarised. People are being told that brown people are taking their jobs. I’d like to see the lass next door change bed pans for a living. She wouldn’t last a day.

It’s a shame. We should be living in harmony, not us against them. Or maybe that’s just pie in the sky.

I don't disagree with anything you have said and I love the fact that people can move about and I love integration - but one of the reasons Brexit is proving so popular isn't all to do with racism but fear - and you have to say some logic. If you have completely open borders in a prosperous country like the UK you then you will have a problem with housing, schools and general infrastructure. People can shake their heads as much as they like but it isn't bloody rocket science.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:14 - Dec 13 with 504 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:55 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Do you now want Corbyn gone from the Labour Party? Imo if this was Millibands brother (I forget his name) instead of Corbyn, they’d have won tonight.

If Corbyn can’t change things I give up on anyone being able to do it. As I said in another thread, only those who pander to to the rich and don’t threaten the status quo are allowed in. If Labour go back to centralist my vote will be wasted elsewhere supporting a far left party, likely the Greens.

EDIT: I didn’t see your question. I have now.

Also Milliband wouldn’t have won it, the shift in left voters that went Labour under Corbyn would go back to splitting their vote elsewhere. The centralists seem to forget Brown and Milliband couldn’t beat the Tories either. It’s the “If Ipswich did XYZ we’d be in the PL still” argument. It’s easy to live in a reality that never happened.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 0:16]

TWTD never forgets…

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:19 - Dec 13 with 486 viewsNewcyBlue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:13 - Dec 13 by Lord_Lucan

I don't disagree with anything you have said and I love the fact that people can move about and I love integration - but one of the reasons Brexit is proving so popular isn't all to do with racism but fear - and you have to say some logic. If you have completely open borders in a prosperous country like the UK you then you will have a problem with housing, schools and general infrastructure. People can shake their heads as much as they like but it isn't bloody rocket science.

Oh I agree.

There will obviously be an issue with schooling, healthcare, housing etc.

When Romania joined the EU the media warned that Romania would empty as swathes of Romanians came over to the U.K.

In reality Mihai and his dog, plus a few of his mates came over to help pick some fruit.

As you say, it’s the fear that has won the day. Fear is a powerful emotion.

Maybe one day hope will win the day again.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:20 - Dec 13 with 484 viewsjeera

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:55 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

David. He was the first choice for many really, but there you go.

Corbyn and his lot had their ideals, much of which I could get on board with, but he's been out of touch with how people perceive him. And his ideals were too radical to gain traction with joe public. They sound great and maybe over a course of time many could be implemented. Trying to shove them all into one manifesto frightened a lot of people who are not equipped to think on those terms.

When faced with uncertainty, they will turn to that which they're familiar with. Even if it is rather crap.

Benn as others have said, would have been a decent shout, but age is against him now. Maybe someone like Burnham would be a progressive move.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:21 - Dec 13 with 482 viewsclive_baker

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:18 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

You w@nk over anything that has a pop at me so I wouldn’t get too excited.

You’re doing a great job of proving him wrong. Very mature response...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:27 - Dec 13 with 466 viewsPinewoodblue

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:14 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

If Corbyn can’t change things I give up on anyone being able to do it. As I said in another thread, only those who pander to to the rich and don’t threaten the status quo are allowed in. If Labour go back to centralist my vote will be wasted elsewhere supporting a far left party, likely the Greens.

EDIT: I didn’t see your question. I have now.

Also Milliband wouldn’t have won it, the shift in left voters that went Labour under Corbyn would go back to splitting their vote elsewhere. The centralists seem to forget Brown and Milliband couldn’t beat the Tories either. It’s the “If Ipswich did XYZ we’d be in the PL still” argument. It’s easy to live in a reality that never happened.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 0:16]

Seems to me that the position of Labour activists is too far to the left for the comfort of traditional, non card carrying , Labour voters. Remember around 5 million traditional Labour supporters voted leave and they no doubt feel let down by the stance taken for this election. They haven’t switched to Labour but to Brexit party.

Tories only had to hang onto their support to win this time around.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:27 - Dec 13 with 462 viewsmonytowbray

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:20 - Dec 13 by jeera

David. He was the first choice for many really, but there you go.

Corbyn and his lot had their ideals, much of which I could get on board with, but he's been out of touch with how people perceive him. And his ideals were too radical to gain traction with joe public. They sound great and maybe over a course of time many could be implemented. Trying to shove them all into one manifesto frightened a lot of people who are not equipped to think on those terms.

When faced with uncertainty, they will turn to that which they're familiar with. Even if it is rather crap.

Benn as others have said, would have been a decent shout, but age is against him now. Maybe someone like Burnham would be a progressive move.

I said a few weeks back I felt Labour would have been better to stick to the 2017 manifesto.

TWTD never forgets…

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 00:31 - Dec 13 with 454 viewsjimmyvet

If you think the potential landslide is down to Brexit on 23:46 - Dec 12 by monytowbray

Oh stop it and wake up and smell the coffee.....blame anybody apart come the real problem the Labour Party leadership just toxic with years of hideous views, friendships, anti British the list just goes on and on and the recent rise of AS on their watch is beyond anything seen in decades. So stop blaming the press.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024