Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I like that set up 17:17 - Jan 1 with 3037 viewsyorkshire

Thought PL got the formation right today - I would have KVY in place of Edwards when fit - Huws, Dozzell, Downes, Bishop (hopefully) and Skuse all interchangeable and same up top with Norwood, Jackson, Keane and Sears

Good battling point today
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 18:14]
I like that set up on 17:19 - Jan 1 with 2494 viewsHerbivore

I wasn't a fan of three at the back before today and today hasn't changed my view. The back three were all over the place at times, they aren't suited to playing as a three.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I like that set up on 17:22 - Jan 1 with 2458 viewsmarchy

Good old Jane Vincent-Young.

Damn your edit OP!
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 18:42]
I like that set up on 17:23 - Jan 1 with 2447 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd like to see us bring in a no nonsense, 6 ft 4 brick sh1thouse CB. Someone who will put it in row Z or take man and ball if necessary.

Sadly I think Chambers' time as a starter is probably over. Put someone like the above next to Woolf. Play 442.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I like that set up on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 2413 viewsDennyx4

Agree, thought the formation helped Garbutt & Edwards get forward more, and both created plenty of opportunities.

I would persist with the formation, whilst Vincent-Young and Donacien are injured.
I like that set up on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 2382 viewsmarchy

I like that set up on 17:23 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

I'd like to see us bring in a no nonsense, 6 ft 4 brick sh1thouse CB. Someone who will put it in row Z or take man and ball if necessary.

Sadly I think Chambers' time as a starter is probably over. Put someone like the above next to Woolf. Play 442.

I want Akinfenwa in our back four. As soon as he was on he highlighted everything they can't do.
I like that set up on 17:36 - Jan 1 with 2360 viewsBluefish

Agreed it is pretty much our best set up. Either 532 or 41212 but they are virtually the same formation

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I like that set up on 17:41 - Jan 1 with 2338 viewsWickets

I like that set up on 17:19 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

I wasn't a fan of three at the back before today and today hasn't changed my view. The back three were all over the place at times, they aren't suited to playing as a three.

Back 3 struggled the rest of the team played pretty well i thought . Quality centre back needed , might have said that before .
I like that set up on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 2323 viewsr2d2

We looked garbage.
Login to get fewer ads

I like that set up on 17:47 - Jan 1 with 2312 viewsGeoffSentence

On it's own it wasn't a bad point, and it sounded like a decent performance for the most part on the wireless box. My word we need to learn how to kill a team off though.

In the context of the last two months, and by the time Accrington comes round it will be more than two months without a league win, we really needed more.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I like that set up on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 2282 viewsoneoffposter

Very few teams sheff Utd aside are good attacking sides playing with 3 centre backs - if we are trying to finish in the top 2 then we can’t play that way week in week out
I like that set up on 17:53 - Jan 1 with 2267 viewsHerbivore

I like that set up on 17:52 - Jan 1 by oneoffposter

Very few teams sheff Utd aside are good attacking sides playing with 3 centre backs - if we are trying to finish in the top 2 then we can’t play that way week in week out

And Sheffield United have defenders who step out and are comfortable on the ball. We don't have the defensive players for three at the back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I like that set up on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 2238 viewsRadlett_blue

I like that set up on 17:23 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

I presume that's what Nsiala was signed to do, but he looks a liability whenever he gets turned. I doubt we'll be bringing in much in January apart from maybe a couple of loans. Chambers still looks very suspect & seems to get bullied by opposition forwards.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I like that set up on 18:01 - Jan 1 with 2225 viewspennblue

I think Wilson had a great 1st half. Trouble with 3 at the back, is it leaves us light in midfield, and we need that extra player to drive the play into the opposition half.

But great battling today, in particular from Judge and Jackson.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

I like that set up on 18:40 - Jan 1 with 2154 viewsbournemouthblue

I like that set up on 17:19 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

It probably works better against one dimensional sides like that who you know are just going to punt it into the mixer and look for ricochets etc

I feel it's less effective against footballing sides who exploit you down the wings

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I like that set up on 18:44 - Jan 1 with 2106 viewsKeaneish

He has to stick with that side. We then have players we can directly swap out ie:

Keane - Norwood
Sears - Jackson
Bishop / Dozzell - Judge
Nolan - Huws
Skuse - Downes
Kenlock - Garbutt
Donacien - Edwards

Today’s setup and selection had a good balance to it and no real square pegs into us holes. We created good chances and played some lovely football. Changing it now would be mental. Can’t remember what system Accrington played but so what. Keep the system and maybe even start the same side against Exeter.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I like that set up on 19:28 - Jan 1 with 2045 viewsBluefish

I like that set up on 18:44 - Jan 1 by Keaneish

He has to stick with that side. We then have players we can directly swap out ie:

Keane - Norwood
Sears - Jackson
Bishop / Dozzell - Judge
Nolan - Huws
Skuse - Downes
Kenlock - Garbutt
Donacien - Edwards

Today’s setup and selection had a good balance to it and no real square pegs into us holes. We created good chances and played some lovely football. Changing it now would be mental. Can’t remember what system Accrington played but so what. Keep the system and maybe even start the same side against Exeter.

If you are going to try and copy my posts at least to and get them right

I like that set up on 19:39 - Jan 1 with 2022 viewsFrimleyBlue

Im still a fan of the good old 4-4-2

Two proper fullbacks
Two proper wingers
One big and one tall up top

Play it short. High temp. Interchanging on the flanks.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I like that set up on 19:40 - Jan 1 with 2015 viewsLeoMuff

I like that set up on 18:44 - Jan 1 by Keaneish

Keane - Norwood
Sears - Jackson
Bishop / Dozzell - Judge
Nolan - Huws
Skuse - Downes
Kenlock - Garbutt
Donacien - Edwards

Can’t agree with that, we looked ok but considering the pedigree and wages of that side you would expect a lot better. The defence looked like it could buckle under any pressure, we tried to play a passing game but 2 nd half especially could not retain possession and lacked composure, we looked like we needed an extra midfielder to me.

Having said all that Wycombe looked a tricky side and are top and at home..

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I like that set up on 19:58 - Jan 1 with 1946 viewsKeaneish

I like that set up on 19:28 - Jan 1 by Bluefish

If you are going to try and copy my posts at least to and get them right

I don’t know what you’re talking about but what I do know is that Paul Lambert was handed a massive contract extension today which I find hilarious.

#PL2025

I like that set up on 20:01 - Jan 1 with 1933 viewsKeaneish

I like that set up on 19:40 - Jan 1 by LeoMuff

Can’t agree with that, we looked ok but considering the pedigree and wages of that side you would expect a lot better. The defence looked like it could buckle under any pressure, we tried to play a passing game but 2 nd half especially could not retain possession and lacked composure, we looked like we needed an extra midfielder to me.

Having said all that Wycombe looked a tricky side and are top and at home..

Not sure I agree with that. I thought we knocked it around well, put good balls in the box and looked far more dangerous than we have for a while. Give that side a run of five games and it’ll get better. Thought Garbutt and Edwards held their shape well today to keep the width and make the five across the middle.

I like that set up on 20:30 - Jan 1 with 1898 viewslmfcblue

I like that set up on 17:36 - Jan 1 by Bluefish

Agreed it is pretty much our best set up. Either 532 or 41212 but they are virtually the same formation

Please explain this to me?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 20:35]
I like that set up on 21:25 - Jan 1 with 1832 viewsBluefish

I like that set up on 20:30 - Jan 1 by lmfcblue

Please explain this to me?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 20:35]

The main difference between the 2 is the 3rd centre back moves forwards 5-10 yards and plays just in front of the defence opposed to as part of the defence. All formations can have tweaks but that is the fundamental difference between these 2

I like that set up on 23:19 - Jan 1 with 1701 viewsreusersfreekicks

I like that set up on 19:39 - Jan 1 by FrimleyBlue

Im still a fan of the good old 4-4-2

Two proper fullbacks
Two proper wingers
One big and one tall up top

Play it short. High temp. Interchanging on the flanks.

Yep loved the 70s
I like that set up on 11:45 - Jan 2 with 1483 viewslmfcblue

I like that set up on 21:25 - Jan 1 by Bluefish

The main difference between the 2 is the 3rd centre back moves forwards 5-10 yards and plays just in front of the defence opposed to as part of the defence. All formations can have tweaks but that is the fundamental difference between these 2

Yes I understand tweaking systems but to say 3.5.2 and a diamond midfield are virtually the same is wrong.
A back 3/5 and a back 4 are completely different for starters
I like that set up on 11:53 - Jan 2 with 1464 viewsMrTown

Being a good manager is getting the very best out of what you have at your disposal. I think that formation is the best formation that fits the players best. Very good wing backs, 2 centre forwards and a number 10.

Holy
KVY - Chambers - Skuse - Woolfenden - Garbutt
Downes - Huws
Judge
Jackson - Norwood

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024