Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV 09:44 - Jan 19 with 3227 viewsartsbossbeard

Doing cheese on toast.

For the cheese, they boiled carrots with cashew nuts then added water from a can of chick peas but not the peas. Then added garlic, yeast and tapioca flour. And boiled that, then poured it on the bread and grilled it.

As a veggie, I'm simply reaching for the cheese in the fridge.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:36 - Jan 19 with 2793 viewsWD19

Someone will be along in a minute to explain that importing cashew nuts and cans of chick peas, then boiling them all up, will save the planet.
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:45 - Jan 19 with 2768 viewseireblue

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:36 - Jan 19 by WD19

Someone will be along in a minute to explain that importing cashew nuts and cans of chick peas, then boiling them all up, will save the planet.

Chick peas are grown in the UK, and you could use hazelnuts.

Of course my tip for ABB would be to have vegan cheese in the fridge.
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:46 - Jan 19 with 2763 viewsartsbossbeard

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:45 - Jan 19 by eireblue

Chick peas are grown in the UK, and you could use hazelnuts.

Of course my tip for ABB would be to have vegan cheese in the fridge.

Exactly!

How this offering could even be deemed as cheese on toast boggles my mind.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:52 - Jan 19 with 2733 viewseireblue

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:46 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

Exactly!

How this offering could even be deemed as cheese on toast boggles my mind.

That’s ITV cooks for you, you need a proper leftie BBC to do the right thing with vegan cheese.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/best-vegan-cheese
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:55 - Jan 19 with 2726 viewsartsbossbeard

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:52 - Jan 19 by eireblue

That’s ITV cooks for you, you need a proper leftie BBC to do the right thing with vegan cheese.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/best-vegan-cheese

Since turning to my alternative lifestyle, the worst meal I've had was a quorn lasagna with vegan cheese which I added a side of cauliflower rice, for some reason.

Woeful. 0.423543545/10

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:03 - Jan 19 with 2696 viewsLord_Lucan

I had cheese on toast last night. Normally I just grill it but I get annoyed when the perimeter of the cheese starts to disintegrate while the stuff in the middle hasn't quite melted yet.

Lucan top tip - last night I toasted the bread, assembled the cheese slices and then cooked it in the oven.

The result was a thing of beauty, I had 6 slices. I grilled Lady Lucans as per normal as she was annoying me at the time.

Today she has me putting up shelves in the womens room - or laundry room as she insists on calling it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:03 - Jan 19 with 2690 viewseireblue

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 10:55 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

Since turning to my alternative lifestyle, the worst meal I've had was a quorn lasagna with vegan cheese which I added a side of cauliflower rice, for some reason.

Woeful. 0.423543545/10

Ahhh Lasagne, should be so simple, but even seventh level vegans struggle.
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:05 - Jan 19 with 2681 viewsartsbossbeard

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:03 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

I had cheese on toast last night. Normally I just grill it but I get annoyed when the perimeter of the cheese starts to disintegrate while the stuff in the middle hasn't quite melted yet.

Lucan top tip - last night I toasted the bread, assembled the cheese slices and then cooked it in the oven.

The result was a thing of beauty, I had 6 slices. I grilled Lady Lucans as per normal as she was annoying me at the time.

Today she has me putting up shelves in the womens room - or laundry room as she insists on calling it.

Now you're talking!

That's perfection - your version not Lady Lucan's.

Login to get fewer ads

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:06 - Jan 19 with 2677 viewsDyland

"I grilled Lady Lucans as per normal as she was annoying me at the time."

Haha! You're such a silly sausage old bean x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:07 - Jan 19 with 2670 viewsDyland

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:05 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

Now you're talking!

How is that recipe in your OP cheese on toast, vegan or otherwise? Regardless, it sounds disgusting innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:10 - Jan 19 with 2664 viewseireblue

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:05 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

Now you're talking!

This can also be helpful when in need of melty snacks.

http://www.thediablo.com/
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:22 - Jan 19 with 2635 viewsMeadowlark

Vegetarian cheese, I assume?
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 11:50 - Jan 19 with 2583 viewsFtnfwest

They were doing vegan tuna the other day on some programme. Apparently it’s mad out of dehydrated water melon (which must use an incredible amount of them). Plus of course it’s not tuna, it’s water melon
Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 13:57 - Jan 19 with 2483 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganuary is wearing a bit thin now I must admit.

Going 95%-5% seems to be a no brainer rather than full vegan for most people. If you need a standard 2500 calories a day and you have two portions of 400 calories of animal products each week that's less than 5% of your diet yet the flexibility it allows would make it so much easier.

I know i'm not going to convert any hardcore animal rights vegans (and I wouldn't try to) but once this month is over i'm not going to feel too guilty about having a couple of Clarence Court eggs (truly free range, no beak clipping, very high welfare standards) a couple of times a week or one serving of meat when eating with family.

I get the feeling **most** vegan activists would prefer one person to go vegan than convert ten people to a 90-10 plant based diet.

As for vegan cheese I think it works well in things like the Costa toastie but I wouldn't want it on toast/pizza/pasta.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 14:15 - Jan 19 with 2442 viewshoppy

So, basically, they weren't doing cheese on toast at all.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 15:01 - Jan 19 with 2381 viewsLord_Lucan

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 14:15 - Jan 19 by hoppy

So, basically, they weren't doing cheese on toast at all.

They may as well have called in Vegan Surprise.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 15:19 - Jan 19 with 2338 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"you had 6 slices" so really you did cook her some but because she wouldn't wait you did her some under the grill and then told her how great yours was without letting her have any?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 16:01 - Jan 19 with 2290 viewsLord_Lucan

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 15:19 - Jan 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

"you had 6 slices" so really you did cook her some but because she wouldn't wait you did her some under the grill and then told her how great yours was without letting her have any?

No, this is the other advantage of the oven - you can cook double bubble.

The Mrs had 4 pieces under the grill.

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 16:17 - Jan 19 with 2251 viewsjeera

Although I have read somewhere that importing cashew nuts and cans of chick peas, then boiling them all up, can actually go some way to save the planet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 2175 viewshampstead_blue

Why call it 'cheese on toast' when it's not...the recipe sounds foul.

I've never understood the need to call veggie or vegan products by a meat name. Seems odd.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 17:52 - Jan 19 with 2167 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 17:44 - Jan 19 by hampstead_blue

Why call it 'cheese on toast' when it's not...the recipe sounds foul.

I've never understood the need to call veggie or vegan products by a meat name. Seems odd.

Like what? Sausage? Burger? Those are shapes. Things like 'vegan cheese' are clearly called cheese so people know what they are supposed to replace. Like Quorn 'chicken style' pieces give the customer an idea of what they are for rather than 'Quorn pieces'. It's for those actively seeking replacements. It's not difficult.

Truly impaired.

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 18:45 - Jan 19 with 2137 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 17:52 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Like what? Sausage? Burger? Those are shapes. Things like 'vegan cheese' are clearly called cheese so people know what they are supposed to replace. Like Quorn 'chicken style' pieces give the customer an idea of what they are for rather than 'Quorn pieces'. It's for those actively seeking replacements. It's not difficult.

He was talking about this particular recipe though, not any of the things you’ve listed

I do get why they do it but I think it some cases it’s actually a hindrance - for example I know someone who had Wagamama’s vegan ‘tuna’ the other day (dried watermelon), verdict being that it was weird and nothing like tuna. I couldn’t help but wonder what the verdict may have been had they been eating it on its own merits rather than expecting the taste/texture of tuna (although I guess the flip side is that they might not have ordered it in the first place)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 2118 viewsLord_Lucan

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 18:45 - Jan 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He was talking about this particular recipe though, not any of the things you’ve listed

I do get why they do it but I think it some cases it’s actually a hindrance - for example I know someone who had Wagamama’s vegan ‘tuna’ the other day (dried watermelon), verdict being that it was weird and nothing like tuna. I couldn’t help but wonder what the verdict may have been had they been eating it on its own merits rather than expecting the taste/texture of tuna (although I guess the flip side is that they might not have ordered it in the first place)

I agree, the cheese on toast thing and your tuna example is crazy because those items are foods and not shapes.

Sausages, burgers, chips etc are made for easiness to eat so perfectly acceptable to make vegetarian foods that shape and call it / them that. Similarly chickens are born in such a way that a drumstick is very handy to eat so no problem with that shaped example either.

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 19:46 - Jan 19 with 2040 viewsReuser_is_God

That’s odd.

I’ve not really looked into it at all but I can’t imagine all these ‘vegan bacon’ things & such like are very good for you given how much stuff they’d have to put into it to make it like the real thing.

Whenever I have vegan or veggie meals I don’t use any substitutes as I just don’t see the need too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 20:09 - Jan 19 with 2013 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegan cook show earlier on ITV on 18:45 - Jan 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He made a general comment about calling plant based food the same as animal product food.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024