Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently boling my pxss 08:35 - Jan 20 with 11447 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, Tory MP for Ipswich visiting an Ipswich Food Bank over the weekend, posting pictures on his FB page and praising the volunteers hard work.

Amazing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Currently boling my pxss on 16:45 - Jan 20 with 555 viewsGaryCooper

Currently boling my pxss on 11:17 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

I've got a few friends who are coppers on the front line and they would agree with him on this - a big proportion of the Romanian population in the town are just absolutely lawless. Not in a reign of terror way, but in a way that means they drive without taxes and insurances, get fined, don't pay the fine, carry on etc - and that there is a massive issue re the false claiming of child benefit in particular.

If 75% of the crime is being committed by one minority group then it is a big deal in a small town. There are Romanian police officers situated in the town, paid for by Suffolk Plod, to try and help with this issue currently - it is a big deal

It is a huge deal, and TDS has fully illustrated why labour lost the election, these are real problems.
Currently boling my pxss on 17:06 - Jan 20 with 519 viewseireblue

Currently boling my pxss on 16:30 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

I tried to maker this point to Herbie in reply to his comment about foodbanks being the fault of "Tory austerity".

Foodbanks shame us as a society.

Foodbanks started to rise after the global economy crashed. A full two years before the Tories took power.

Regardless of who won the 2010 general election, the country would have entered a period of austerity due to the global economy crash. Labour Chancellor Alistair Darling clearly stated that a future Labour government would cut the budget harder than Thatcher did in the 1980's.

Other EU countries affected by the crash have seen their foodbanks rise year on year. Currently 3.5 million people use foodbanks in France.

The implementation of Universal Credit has meant that the number of foodbanks have continued to grow in greater numbers. The Tories have to own that.

The Tory government continued with a policy of austerity long after the deficit had been reduced and again they have to own this.

Looking at all of the above it is far too simplistic just to lay the blame of the rise in foodbanks at "Tory austerity", without taking into account the state of the economy post 2007 and the rise of foodbanks in other EU countries who were similarly affected by the crash.

I'm not defending the Tories and I'm not attacking Labour.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/ng-interactive/2015/apr/29/the-austerity-de

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2015/04/economic-consequences-geor

“This is all straightforward economics of the kind taught to every economics undergraduate around the world. The government chose a policy that many economists said in advance would do considerable harm.”
Currently boling my pxss on 18:23 - Jan 20 with 475 viewsfactual_blue

I think urine is a sterile liquid, so there's no need to boil it before drinking it.

I certainly don't.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Currently boling my pxss on 18:37 - Jan 20 with 451 viewsTrequartista

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Currently boling my pxss on 19:05 - Jan 20 with 417 viewsHARRY10

Currently boling my pxss on 18:23 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

I think urine is a sterile liquid, so there's no need to boil it before drinking it.

I certainly don't.

och aye, you'll have a wee dram then laddie
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024