Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently boling my pxss 08:35 - Jan 20 with 11444 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, Tory MP for Ipswich visiting an Ipswich Food Bank over the weekend, posting pictures on his FB page and praising the volunteers hard work.

Amazing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Currently boling my pxss on 11:36 - Jan 20 with 2228 viewsbrazil1982

Currently boling my pxss on 11:19 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

Please enlighten me what I have got wrong.
What is it about an MP doing his job that has got you so angry?

People would not be happy if he didn't visit either! He's a Tory, some people hate him because of that.
Currently boling my pxss on 11:37 - Jan 20 with 2211 viewsnoggin

Currently boling my pxss on 11:36 - Jan 20 by brazil1982

People would not be happy if he didn't visit either! He's a Tory, some people hate him because of that.

Hate is a very strong word, where are you getting that from?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Currently boling my pxss on 11:38 - Jan 20 with 2204 viewsGlasgowBlue

Currently boling my pxss on 11:25 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

You've rejoined the party then, Glassers?

Does one have to be in a political party to point out facts?

We were due four to five years of hard austerity regardless of the outcome of the 2010 election. I believe that austerity continued far longer than it should have done but it’s now forgotten how skint this country was.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Currently boling my pxss on 11:38 - Jan 20 with 2203 viewsartsbossbeard

Currently boling my pxss on 11:36 - Jan 20 by brazil1982

Get it right.

He's a parachuted in, countryside alliance tory.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Currently boling my pxss on 11:41 - Jan 20 with 2188 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 11:38 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Does one have to be in a political party to point out facts?

We were due four to five years of hard austerity regardless of the outcome of the 2010 election. I believe that austerity continued far longer than it should have done but it’s now forgotten how skint this country was.

Usually your whataboutery involves invoking something Labour/Corbyn have actually done. Now you're engaging in whataboutery based on what Labour might have done if they'd won the 2010 GE. That shows a level of 'don't look at the Tories' that I'd expect from an ardent supporter.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Currently boling my pxss on 11:44 - Jan 20 with 2183 viewsBluesquid

Currently boling my pxss on 09:25 - Jan 20 by BackToRussia

Mad, but predictable.

The plan all along has been to turn the working class against each other.

Look at America where the majority of republican voters are poor southerners who'd benefit most from democratic policies like national health insurance.

This should be the UK...

Currently boling my pxss on 11:44 - Jan 20 with 2179 viewsElephantintheRoom

Currently boling my pxss on 11:41 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

Usually your whataboutery involves invoking something Labour/Corbyn have actually done. Now you're engaging in whataboutery based on what Labour might have done if they'd won the 2010 GE. That shows a level of 'don't look at the Tories' that I'd expect from an ardent supporter.

How about this radical thought?

IF free food is available.... then people will take what is on offer - and there is not much too surprising about more people wanting free food.

The surprise would be if food bank demand went down

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Currently boling my pxss on 11:45 - Jan 20 with 2174 viewstractordownsouth

Currently boling my pxss on 11:44 - Jan 20 by Bluesquid

This should be the UK...

Aren't the Yellow Vests a bunch of Yaxley twonks?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Currently boling my pxss on 11:45 - Jan 20 with 2170 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 11:44 - Jan 20 by ElephantintheRoom

IF free food is available.... then people will take what is on offer - and there is not much too surprising about more people wanting free food.

So edgy.

Based on your experience of volunteering at a food bank, if indeed that's true, do you get the sense that people are turning up because they want free food rather than because their circumstances mean they are struggling to afford to feed their families? If you don't think they really need it and just want hand outs what motivates you to volunteer there?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 11:48]

Currently boling my pxss on 11:51 - Jan 20 with 2148 viewsBluesquid

Currently boling my pxss on 11:45 - Jan 20 by tractordownsouth

What, in France?

The UK Yellow Vest's were never the real deal.
Currently boling my pxss on 11:56 - Jan 20 with 2133 viewschicoazul

Currently boling my pxss on 11:45 - Jan 20 by tractordownsouth

No.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Currently boling my pxss on 12:03 - Jan 20 with 2111 viewsGlasgowBlue

Currently boling my pxss on 11:31 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

There is a glaringly obvious reason why people don't say what they actually think and this has led us into the situation we find ourselves in now.

The lack of honesty when it comes to matters of lawlessness within ethnic groups is one of the prime reasons normally sane people voted for Brexit

And the fear of being called racist is what lead to the Rochdale, Rotherham and now Manchester rape gang scandal.

Iron Lion Zion

Currently boling my pxss on 12:04 - Jan 20 with 2106 viewsGlasgowBlue

Currently boling my pxss on 11:41 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I’m trying to have a calm and reasonable debate. Im not defending one political party or attacking another. Just putting forward a balanced fact based argument. I’m sorry you don’t wish to reciprocate.

I bid you good day.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 12:06]

Iron Lion Zion

Currently boling my pxss on 12:05 - Jan 20 with 2103 viewsElephantintheRoom

Currently boling my pxss on 11:45 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

So edgy.

Based on your experience of volunteering at a food bank, if indeed that's true, do you get the sense that people are turning up because they want free food rather than because their circumstances mean they are struggling to afford to feed their families? If you don't think they really need it and just want hand outs what motivates you to volunteer there?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 11:48]

Common sense eludes you I see - again.

I'm pointing out the inescapable reality that it would be very strange if food bank demand went down.

The ins and outs of why food banks are (or are not) so necessary are an entirely different concept.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Currently boling my pxss on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 2079 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 12:04 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

I’m trying to have a calm and reasonable debate. Im not defending one political party or attacking another. Just putting forward a balanced fact based argument. I’m sorry you don’t wish to reciprocate.

I bid you good day.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 12:06]

Of course you were. Likewise, have a good day.

Currently boling my pxss on 12:16 - Jan 20 with 2078 viewsLord_Lucan

Currently boling my pxss on 12:03 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

And the fear of being called racist is what lead to the Rochdale, Rotherham and now Manchester rape gang scandal.

Quite, the new Manchester one is likely to dwarf all the others and there isn't any real coverage of it now - although this may be for legal reasons.

I have heard snippets of what went on and it is absolutely off the scale!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Currently boling my pxss on 12:21 - Jan 20 with 2068 viewseireblue

Currently boling my pxss on 11:20 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-mar

“The IFS said Labour's plans implied a cumulative decline of 11.9% in departmental spending on public services and administration over four years, a cut of £46bn in inflation-adjusted terms.

But a two-year government pledge to protect spending on the NHS and schools, and to raise overseas aid to the UN target of 0.7% of national output, will result in deeper cuts of 20% for those departments not protected, the IFS said. If the government continued to spare health and education for a further two years, departments such as transport, defence and the Home Office would face budget reductions of 25%”

Are the Tories responsible fir the post crash rise in food bank usage in a France which now sees 3.5 million French people reliant in them?

IFS, implied, France.

I believe the topic was the Tories, UK, what has happened in the UK, not France.
Currently boling my pxss on 12:21 - Jan 20 with 2063 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 12:05 - Jan 20 by ElephantintheRoom

Common sense eludes you I see - again.

I'm pointing out the inescapable reality that it would be very strange if food bank demand went down.

The ins and outs of why food banks are (or are not) so necessary are an entirely different concept.

I disagree, I don't think it would be at all strange for food bank usage to go down if economic conditions were easier for those who currently use them. I'm sure many food bank users don't find it esepcially edifying taking handouts from a charity and not having much choice over what goes in their weekly grocery basket.

It's a shame you didn't answer my questions though, I'd be interested to know from your experience whether you think people coming to food banks actually need them and if not how you maintain your motivation to offer charity to those you don't think need it.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 12:22]

Currently boling my pxss on 12:26 - Jan 20 with 2049 viewsGuthrum

Currently boling my pxss on 11:14 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

Let me get this straight. Just so I understand.
A new MP has visited a local food bank, presumably to better understand the issues at play here and the needs of vulnerable constituents. During the course of this he has praised the hard work of the volunteers. And this has made you angry?
He's getting out and about rather than hiding away in his office, trying to understand the problems in his constituency. He should be applauded if anything.

Yes if he then starts lobbying and pressuring the Government (even the leaders of his own party) to do something about it, to fix the system. But no applause otherwise, it just becomes a photo op and some meaningless platitudes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Currently boling my pxss on 12:35 - Jan 20 with 2031 viewsHARRY10

Currently boling my pxss on 11:20 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-mar

“The IFS said Labour's plans implied a cumulative decline of 11.9% in departmental spending on public services and administration over four years, a cut of £46bn in inflation-adjusted terms.

But a two-year government pledge to protect spending on the NHS and schools, and to raise overseas aid to the UN target of 0.7% of national output, will result in deeper cuts of 20% for those departments not protected, the IFS said. If the government continued to spare health and education for a further two years, departments such as transport, defence and the Home Office would face budget reductions of 25%”

Are the Tories responsible fir the post crash rise in food bank usage in a France which now sees 3.5 million French people reliant in them?

So there was an implication of cuts to public services - which is not cuts and delays in benefit payments.

You have not facored in that France has legislation tp distibute unsold food which does not equate to the rdcipitents being dependant, Our local Tesco sells of fruit and veg at 10p or so and doubt those buying are dependent on that food.

Similarly in France pretty much all the migrants in camps are fed by volunteers.

What we are talking about in the UK is folk that are working and being referred to food banks. It is a measure of the ignorance of some that they see it as free ie anyone can just stroll up and help themselves.

And it is a further measure of the problems that beset the UK that we still have bigots all too willing to spout out any ill informed tosh rather than face up to what they have brought about.
Currently boling my pxss on 12:44 - Jan 20 with 2016 views26_Paz

Currently boling my pxss on 12:26 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

Yes if he then starts lobbying and pressuring the Government (even the leaders of his own party) to do something about it, to fix the system. But no applause otherwise, it just becomes a photo op and some meaningless platitudes.

Let's give him a chance shall we, see what happens. He's only been in post a month!

The Paz Man

Currently boling my pxss on 12:44 - Jan 20 with 2013 viewsm14_blue

Currently boling my pxss on 11:44 - Jan 20 by ElephantintheRoom

You think people who visit food banks are just taking advantage of the free food? How do you think it feels having to visit a charity in order to feed your family?

Volunteering at one is a really weird thing to do if that's what you think of them.
Currently boling my pxss on 12:46 - Jan 20 with 2008 viewsm14_blue

Currently boling my pxss on 11:31 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

There is a glaringly obvious reason why people don't say what they actually think and this has led us into the situation we find ourselves in now.

The lack of honesty when it comes to matters of lawlessness within ethnic groups is one of the prime reasons normally sane people voted for Brexit

This lefty libtard completely agrees.

Not sure how much of a part it played in the Brexit vote though.
Currently boling my pxss on 12:50 - Jan 20 with 2002 viewsGuthrum

Currently boling my pxss on 12:44 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

Let's give him a chance shall we, see what happens. He's only been in post a month!

He is, however, a signed-up* member of a Government whose priority is to Get Brexit Done, not to alleviate poverty or to improve the benefits system.

* All Conservative candidates had to sign a pledge that they supported Johnson's deal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Currently boling my pxss on 12:53 - Jan 20 with 1990 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 12:44 - Jan 20 by m14_blue

You think people who visit food banks are just taking advantage of the free food? How do you think it feels having to visit a charity in order to feed your family?

Volunteering at one is a really weird thing to do if that's what you think of them.

It's almost like he's just trying desperately to be edgy......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024