Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently boling my pxss 08:35 - Jan 20 with 11452 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, Tory MP for Ipswich visiting an Ipswich Food Bank over the weekend, posting pictures on his FB page and praising the volunteers hard work.

Amazing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Currently boling my pxss on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1403 views26_Paz

Currently boling my pxss on 12:50 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

He is, however, a signed-up* member of a Government whose priority is to Get Brexit Done, not to alleviate poverty or to improve the benefits system.

* All Conservative candidates had to sign a pledge that they supported Johnson's deal.

What on earth has Brexit got to do with this?

The Paz Man

Currently boling my pxss on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1402 viewseireblue

Currently boling my pxss on 12:03 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

And the fear of being called racist is what lead to the Rochdale, Rotherham and now Manchester rape gang scandal.

Was that the full conclusion of the reports?

Was the contempt the police had for the victims a factor?

Are there still ongoing investigations into police behaviour at the time?
Currently boling my pxss on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1402 viewsElephantintheRoom

Currently boling my pxss on 12:44 - Jan 20 by m14_blue

You think people who visit food banks are just taking advantage of the free food? How do you think it feels having to visit a charity in order to feed your family?

Volunteering at one is a really weird thing to do if that's what you think of them.

That's not what I am saying at all. I am saying that IF free food is available people will take it.

The exponential rise in food bank usage is not entirely surprising - and is not entirely due to hardship, though the unpalatable truth is unpalatable - as is the reason behind it.

I see people on here waffling away about austerity as though it is over. The national debt is now higher than it was before the tories came to power under Posh Boy Cameron. The economy has also recently had a large voluntary hole blown in it (Brexit) - so things can only get worse. Local services have been cut to the core or obliterated - and the need for those services has gone up.

The reason we need food banks isn't really down to austerity... its due to people like me voting in Thatcher which has led to today's indifferent and uncaring society - and tax avoidance.

Volunteering is my way of saying sorry for the ills of the past that can never be repaired.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Currently boling my pxss on 12:59 - Jan 20 with 1396 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 12:56 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

It's cost billions and has pulled a lot of focus and resource away from domestic priorities.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Currently boling my pxss on 13:00 - Jan 20 with 1394 views26_Paz

Currently boling my pxss on 11:36 - Jan 20 by brazil1982

People would not be happy if he didn't visit either! He's a Tory, some people hate him because of that.

Exactly mate. He doesn't go and the same people criticising him now would be giving it the 'f@cking Tories don't care about people who visit food banks'. Can't do right for doing wrong.

The Paz Man

Currently boling my pxss on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 1386 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 12:56 - Jan 20 by ElephantintheRoom

That's not what I am saying at all. I am saying that IF free food is available people will take it.

The exponential rise in food bank usage is not entirely surprising - and is not entirely due to hardship, though the unpalatable truth is unpalatable - as is the reason behind it.

I see people on here waffling away about austerity as though it is over. The national debt is now higher than it was before the tories came to power under Posh Boy Cameron. The economy has also recently had a large voluntary hole blown in it (Brexit) - so things can only get worse. Local services have been cut to the core or obliterated - and the need for those services has gone up.

The reason we need food banks isn't really down to austerity... its due to people like me voting in Thatcher which has led to today's indifferent and uncaring society - and tax avoidance.

Volunteering is my way of saying sorry for the ills of the past that can never be repaired.

So edgy I'm amazed you don't constantly cut yourself.

Currently boling my pxss on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 1384 viewsm14_blue

Currently boling my pxss on 12:56 - Jan 20 by ElephantintheRoom

Fair enough.

Thanks for the reply.
Currently boling my pxss on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 1385 views26_Paz

Currently boling my pxss on 12:59 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

It's cost billions and has pulled a lot of focus and resource away from domestic priorities.

There were food banks before 2016 ... oh yeah I forgot that if remain had won we would now be living in some utopian wonderland ...

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Currently boling my pxss on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 1384 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 13:00 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

Exactly mate. He doesn't go and the same people criticising him now would be giving it the 'f@cking Tories don't care about people who visit food banks'. Can't do right for doing wrong.

What a load of tosh. There are dozens and dozens of Tory MPs currently not visiting foodbanks. How many threads are there on here criticising those MPs for not visiting foodbanks?

Currently boling my pxss on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 1380 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 13:02 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

There were food banks before 2016 ... oh yeah I forgot that if remain had won we would now be living in some utopian wonderland ...

You are a walking face palm.

Currently boling my pxss on 14:13 - Jan 20 with 1328 viewsGuthrum

Currently boling my pxss on 12:56 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

Because it is the declared primary and central focus of this government. It's what they have said they're going to put all their efforts into, first and foremost.

It's already proved a massive Parliamentary and legislative distraction over the last three-and-a-half years. Could have been handled so much better. Which might have given more time to tackle poverty and the effects of austerity.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Currently boling my pxss on 14:27 - Jan 20 with 1308 viewsHARRY10

Currently boling my pxss on 13:02 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

no, that's just you being silly

even brexit politicians admit there will be a downturn, they just won't admit how bad it will be

all remaining in the EU would do is avoid that disaster

...... though given how bad it is likely to be folk may well look back at the country's time in the EU as "some utopian wonderland"
Currently boling my pxss on 14:42 - Jan 20 with 1283 viewsbluelagos

Currently boling my pxss on 09:15 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-mp-s-maiden-speech-1-6466098

Where is he from? Went to school etc?

He can't even say Ipswich ffs

4.20 in.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 14:47]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Currently boling my pxss on 14:46 - Jan 20 with 1280 viewsHARRY10

Currently boling my pxss on 14:42 - Jan 20 by bluelagos

4.20 in.

Ipsitch ?
Currently boling my pxss on 14:47 - Jan 20 with 1277 viewsbluelagos

Currently boling my pxss on 14:46 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

Ipsitch ?

Almost as if he's never lived there...

Currently boling my pxss on 14:58 - Jan 20 with 1257 viewsLord_Lucan

Currently boling my pxss on 14:42 - Jan 20 by bluelagos

4.20 in.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Currently boling my pxss on 15:00 - Jan 20 with 1239 viewsitfcjoe

Currently boling my pxss on 14:47 - Jan 20 by bluelagos

Almost as if he's never lived there...

It seems a clear speech impediment, plenty of people with strong Suffolk accents can't even say it!

Also, being a bloke and a football fan it's not like he is hearing it for the first time and struggling with it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Currently boling my pxss on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 1217 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Currently boling my pxss on 11:45 - Jan 20 by tractordownsouth

Aren't the Yellow Vests a bunch of Yaxley twonks?

Nope.
But then I'm an antisemite so what would I know.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 15:11]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Currently boling my pxss on 15:15 - Jan 20 with 1192 viewsbluelagos

Currently boling my pxss on 15:00 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

It seems a clear speech impediment, plenty of people with strong Suffolk accents can't even say it!

Also, being a bloke and a football fan it's not like he is hearing it for the first time and struggling with it.

Am I being unfair? Apologies if so.

Currently boling my pxss on 15:52 - Jan 20 with 1159 viewsVic

Interesting thread.

Seems like most blame the Tories and their policies for the rise in food banks.

Germany has a stronger economy than ours, and had a very different response to the financial crisis in the early 2010’s - but has as many food banks as we do.

I know that Germany has a 25% higher population than ours, but it suggests that the problem isn’t just in the UK and isn’t just the fault of the Tories. It seems a much wider 1st world problem.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Currently boling my pxss on 15:56 - Jan 20 with 1145 viewsLord_Lucan

Currently boling my pxss on 15:52 - Jan 20 by Vic

Interesting thread.

Germany has a stronger economy than ours, and had a very different response to the financial crisis in the early 2010’s - but has as many food banks as we do.

I know that Germany has a 25% higher population than ours, but it suggests that the problem isn’t just in the UK and isn’t just the fault of the Tories. It seems a much wider 1st world problem.

It's simply an "Idea" that has taken off...........and why not, surely it's a good thing to help others.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Currently boling my pxss on 16:12 - Jan 20 with 1107 viewsVic

Currently boling my pxss on 15:56 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

It's simply an "Idea" that has taken off...........and why not, surely it's a good thing to help others.

Looks like the French like them as well!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_bank#France

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Currently boling my pxss on 16:30 - Jan 20 with 1086 viewsGlasgowBlue

Currently boling my pxss on 16:12 - Jan 20 by Vic

I tried to maker this point to Herbie in reply to his comment about foodbanks being the fault of "Tory austerity".

Foodbanks shame us as a society.

Foodbanks started to rise after the global economy crashed. A full two years before the Tories took power.

Regardless of who won the 2010 general election, the country would have entered a period of austerity due to the global economy crash. Labour Chancellor Alistair Darling clearly stated that a future Labour government would cut the budget harder than Thatcher did in the 1980's.

Other EU countries affected by the crash have seen their foodbanks rise year on year. Currently 3.5 million people use foodbanks in France.

The implementation of Universal Credit has meant that the number of foodbanks have continued to grow in greater numbers. The Tories have to own that.

The Tory government continued with a policy of austerity long after the deficit had been reduced and again they have to own this.

Looking at all of the above it is far too simplistic just to lay the blame of the rise in foodbanks at "Tory austerity", without taking into account the state of the economy post 2007 and the rise of foodbanks in other EU countries who were similarly affected by the crash.

I'm not defending the Tories and I'm not attacking Labour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Currently boling my pxss on 16:32 - Jan 20 with 1082 viewsLord_Lucan

Currently boling my pxss on 16:12 - Jan 20 by Vic

So basically, people are talking a load of sh1te?

Currently boling my pxss on 16:37 - Jan 20 with 1067 viewsjeera

Currently boling my pxss on 15:52 - Jan 20 by Vic

Interesting thread.

That would likely take consideration on the number of refugees Germany have taken on Vs the Uk too.

Not just residents.

If you're gonna tell it, then tell it all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024