Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? 19:34 - Jan 20 with 30157 viewsDubtractor

Obviously he is a bellend, but if anything defines privilege, it is that he was given a platform to perform on a national TV show when he has precisely nil musical talent. Nothing about his appearance is about talent, nothing whatsoever.

I should add, it is worth a listen to his performance to marvel at just how bad it is. It isn't even mediocre, its utterly awful.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/video-lawrence-fox-performing-je
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 19:58]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:08 - Jan 22 with 3325 viewsEnigma_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 14:18 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

I haven't read the thread but am I to understand that it is being suggested that Meghan is the victim of racist abuse from the press - or that she is being criticised because she is black.

If so I wondered how long this would take and I'm calling it as bollox.

Harry and Meg have lost the plot.

Fergie had more criticism than most and that wasn't because she is a ginger but that she is also a fruit loop.

Sorry meant to give you an uppy there old chap.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:17 - Jan 22 with 3307 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 14:18 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

I haven't read the thread but am I to understand that it is being suggested that Meghan is the victim of racist abuse from the press - or that she is being criticised because she is black.

If so I wondered how long this would take and I'm calling it as bollox.

Harry and Meg have lost the plot.

Fergie had more criticism than most and that wasn't because she is a ginger but that she is also a fruit loop.

I would suggest that context is key.

If a particular publication aimed at a certain clientele were pushing an agenda then there's the answer.

Publishers know who will be attracted to what they print and who will buy it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:32 - Jan 22 with 3286 viewsLord_Lucan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:17 - Jan 22 by jeera

I would suggest that context is key.

If a particular publication aimed at a certain clientele were pushing an agenda then there's the answer.

Publishers know who will be attracted to what they print and who will buy it.

Sorry but I really can't agree, maybe I see the best in people but I don't accept that ANY UK newspaper would stoop that though, I genuinely don't.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:38 - Jan 22 with 3275 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:32 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry but I really can't agree, maybe I see the best in people but I don't accept that ANY UK newspaper would stoop that though, I genuinely don't.

Certain publications have written articles slamming Meghan for things like eating avocados and touching her bump. The same publications ran positive stories about Kate touching her bump and eating avocados. I don't think it's unreasonable, when the history and conduct of said publication is also taken into account, to suggest that the very different reporting might be down to issues of race.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:39 - Jan 22 with 3275 viewsLord_Lucan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:38 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

Certain publications have written articles slamming Meghan for things like eating avocados and touching her bump. The same publications ran positive stories about Kate touching her bump and eating avocados. I don't think it's unreasonable, when the history and conduct of said publication is also taken into account, to suggest that the very different reporting might be down to issues of race.

I don't read printed media, perhaps you can link me to some things you mention.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:40 - Jan 22 with 3274 viewsOxford_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:21 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

You're an idiot.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Childish playground insults show you’ve nothing else to say.

Adults have the ability to exchange views and opinions and debate a subject without recourse to attacks.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:44 - Jan 22 with 3263 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:40 - Jan 22 by Oxford_Blue

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Childish playground insults show you’ve nothing else to say.

Adults have the ability to exchange views and opinions and debate a subject without recourse to attacks.

No you are.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:46 - Jan 22 with 3258 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:39 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

I don't read printed media, perhaps you can link me to some things you mention.

Sure thing: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-dou

Login to get fewer ads

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:47 - Jan 22 with 3253 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:32 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

That's fair enough buh.

I wish I shared your faith.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:54 - Jan 22 with 3244 viewsLord_Lucan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:46 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

Sure thing: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-dou

I've had a quick skim and I'll try and have a look later. At first sight some of it seems a bit odd but I don't see why it's a racial thing.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:57 - Jan 22 with 3240 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:54 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

I've had a quick skim and I'll try and have a look later. At first sight some of it seems a bit odd but I don't see why it's a racial thing.

Why else might the right wing press take issue with Meghan over stuff they've reported on positively in respect of Kate?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:59 - Jan 22 with 3237 viewsLord_Lucan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:57 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

Why else might the right wing press take issue with Meghan over stuff they've reported on positively in respect of Kate?

Any reason, maybe they think she's a hypercritical stuck up cow?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:07 - Jan 22 with 3227 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:59 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Any reason, maybe they think she's a hypercritical stuck up cow?

Why would they think that about her and not about Kate?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:17 - Jan 22 with 3220 viewsLord_Lucan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:07 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

Is it coz she is black?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:24 - Jan 22 with 3207 viewsitfcjoe

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:07 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

I just don't see it's race at all - far more likely because she is a Yank and seems to have given Harry a personality transplant

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:28 - Jan 22 with 3201 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:24 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I just don't see it's race at all - far more likely because she is a Yank and seems to have given Harry a personality transplant

Agreed, he was the darling of the media, did a great deal of good for the profile of the RF, gets married and it all starts to disappear, the press will lose sales, this is the reason for the negativity.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:43 - Jan 22 with 3172 viewsEnigma_Blue

Maybe because Kate doesn't try to lecture people on how to live their lives & get involved in political issues. Remember the Royals are supposed to be neutral re politics. Also her attitude regarding her position she holds seems like she only wants to be a princess when it suits her. Like when promoting the charities she is a patron of but at other times she expects to be allowed to live like a normal person. Unfortunately for what she married into it doesn't work that way.

I am not saying the above is fact, but there is much chance of it being for these reasons than it is about racism.

It could be either this is my point, nobody can say for certain either way.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 17:48]
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:48 - Jan 22 with 3160 viewsHerbivore

I disagree.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:51 - Jan 22 with 3153 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:43 - Jan 22 by Enigma_Blue

Maybe because Kate doesn't try to lecture people on how to live their lives & get involved in political issues. Remember the Royals are supposed to be neutral re politics. Also her attitude regarding her position she holds seems like she only wants to be a princess when it suits her. Like when promoting the charities she is a patron of but at other times she expects to be allowed to live like a normal person. Unfortunately for what she married into it doesn't work that way.

I am not saying the above is fact, but there is much chance of it being for these reasons than it is about racism.

You're basically spouting a lot of the unevidenced press attack lines there.

I know people like to think racial prejudice doesn't really exist anymore, especially in good old Blighty, but that just isn't the case. Have a look at this for example: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/17/minority-ethnic-britons-face-shock

Sadly racial prejudice is still pretty deeply ingrained in many people's psyche in the UK. That's why plenty of people think there's a degree of racial prejudice in how Meghan gets treated in the press.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 17:59]

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:51 - Jan 22 with 3150 viewslowhouseblue

i have tried to follow up the examples people have cited of the press (as opposed to social media which is a cesspit) being racist towards meghan and i haven't found any of it at all convincing.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:52 - Jan 22 with 3147 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:43 - Jan 22 by Enigma_Blue

I'd say she's seen as an impostor amongst some, whichever way you choose to portray it.

Yank, non-white, non English rose...

Non traditional.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 17:55]

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 18:02 - Jan 22 with 3121 viewslowhouseblue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:52 - Jan 22 by jeera

I'd say she's seen as an impostor amongst some, whichever way you choose to portray it.

Non traditional.

when she first came on the scene the press saw all of that as an entirely good thing - modernising the in-bred royals.

clearly it's gone wrong since then and much of the press is now hugely critical. quite possibly unfairly critical. but i haven't seen any evidence of either criticism or unfairness being linked to race.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 18:04 - Jan 22 with 3117 viewsJ2BLUE

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 17:52 - Jan 22 by jeera

Non traditional.

I think for the vast majority it has nothing to do with racism. More that she is blamed for Harry going from fun prince to serious family man which is a bit odd when the majority of people become more serious as they go through life and get a family.

I don't think their preaching about the environment has done them any favours. Unlike Greta who refuses to get on a plane and sacrifices weeks of her young life going by boat to the US etc rather than flying they have chosen to continue making flights. Some of them unnecessary such as Harry to Japan for the rugby world cup final (I don't care about his ceremonial position within world rugby - we're being told it's a climate emergency, which clearly it is).

Overall I don't think any of us can judge a man for wanting the best for his wife and family. I am a big believer in your childhood shaping your life. This guy lost his mum early and had to attend her funeral in front of the world. Now he's terrified the press will cause Meghan to go the same way. I hope they find the peace they want and the media backs off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 18:04 - Jan 22 with 3117 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 18:02 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

when she first came on the scene the press saw all of that as an entirely good thing - modernising the in-bred royals.

clearly it's gone wrong since then and much of the press is now hugely critical. quite possibly unfairly critical. but i haven't seen any evidence of either criticism or unfairness being linked to race.

What would you see as evidence that it is linked to race?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 18:06 - Jan 22 with 3112 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 18:02 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

Like I say, the press don't print what they think.

They publish according to mood and what they believe will sell.

If a swing in mood can be capitalised on then it will.

In any way, any form, whatever it takes to create or maintain interest in a story.

Non-traditional was really my angle, the rest is just a mix of that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024