Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? 19:34 - Jan 20 with 30145 viewsDubtractor

Obviously he is a bellend, but if anything defines privilege, it is that he was given a platform to perform on a national TV show when he has precisely nil musical talent. Nothing about his appearance is about talent, nothing whatsoever.

I should add, it is worth a listen to his performance to marvel at just how bad it is. It isn't even mediocre, its utterly awful.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/video-lawrence-fox-performing-je
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 19:58]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:12 - Jan 21 with 2028 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:05 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

"Self righteousness is a trait of virtue signalling."

No it's not. Virtue signalling was supposed to be about people exclaiming to be outraged by things even when they aren't. Nothing to do with self-righteousness.

As others have said, it's just become a buzzword to dismiss views.

You are wrong, tribal think and self righteousness are key ingredients of virtue signalling, in fact we all are guilty of it at times, the OP is virtue signalling, why was the child abuse cover up in Manchester not his chosen subject?
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:18 - Jan 21 with 2010 viewstractordownsouth

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:42 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

Question Time just isn't worth watching, I don't really think there was much wrong with what he said but yet he is now a pariah/martyr depending on which side of the platform you sit on.

Yep, it's not fact checked and they let the likes of Nigel and Wetherspoons Tim on every other week to spout lies about immigration or fish. I'm all for a range of opinions but they need to be factually correct.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:21 - Jan 21 with 2002 viewsDanTheMan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:12 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

You are wrong, tribal think and self righteousness are key ingredients of virtue signalling, in fact we all are guilty of it at times, the OP is virtue signalling, why was the child abuse cover up in Manchester not his chosen subject?

Because they didn't want to talk about that. It's a forum, people post topics on things they'd like to discuss.

You're welcome to post a topic on the Manchester child abuse if you would like.

It's still not virtue signalling wanting to discuss things, it's just an ad hominem attack to dismiss people's views.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 1995 viewsfooters

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:12 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

And 'tell it like it is' people like you are the flip side of the same coin, constantly 'signalling' your aversion to PC gorn mad.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:42 - Jan 21 with 1967 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:18 - Jan 21 by tractordownsouth

Yep, it's not fact checked and they let the likes of Nigel and Wetherspoons Tim on every other week to spout lies about immigration or fish. I'm all for a range of opinions but they need to be factually correct.

The same as your non fact checked statement with regard to the problems of recent immigrants to Ipswich?
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:43 - Jan 21 with 1962 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:22 - Jan 21 by footers

And 'tell it like it is' people like you are the flip side of the same coin, constantly 'signalling' your aversion to PC gorn mad.

There is a lot of truth in all of this.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:44 - Jan 21 with 1958 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:21 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

Because they didn't want to talk about that. It's a forum, people post topics on things they'd like to discuss.

You're welcome to post a topic on the Manchester child abuse if you would like.

It's still not virtue signalling wanting to discuss things, it's just an ad hominem attack to dismiss people's views.

It depends what they highlight to discuss, blimey!
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:46 - Jan 21 with 1947 viewsDanTheMan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:44 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

It depends what they highlight to discuss, blimey!

Could you perhaps list the topics people are allowed to discuss without it being virtue signalling?

Login to get fewer ads

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 1931 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:46 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

Could you perhaps list the topics people are allowed to discuss without it being virtue signalling?

This is tiresome, do you think toe OP was in fact subconsciously virtue signalling? Is virtue signalling commonplace within this thread? Do you understand the questions?

Yes is the answer to all.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:58 - Jan 21 with 1926 viewsDanTheMan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:55 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

This is tiresome, do you think toe OP was in fact subconsciously virtue signalling? Is virtue signalling commonplace within this thread? Do you understand the questions?

Yes is the answer to all.

No.
No.
Yes.

I think you're just throwing around a buzzword in all honesty.

People have different views, not all of those views need to be dismissed with a label.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 11:02 - Jan 21 with 1919 viewstractordownsouth

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:42 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

The same as your non fact checked statement with regard to the problems of recent immigrants to Ipswich?

What did I say that was factually incorrect? Reagrdless, I'm not being paid to go on national TV to spout nonsense dressed as fact.

That's the worst example of false equivalence I've ever seen.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 11:12 - Jan 21 with 1909 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 11:02 - Jan 21 by tractordownsouth

What did I say that was factually incorrect? Reagrdless, I'm not being paid to go on national TV to spout nonsense dressed as fact.

That's the worst example of false equivalence I've ever seen.

I appreciate that you are the next cab on the rank with regard to wearing your self righteousness on your sleeve but your hyperbole is funny.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 11:50 - Jan 21 with 1874 viewstractordownsouth

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 11:12 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

I appreciate that you are the next cab on the rank with regard to wearing your self righteousness on your sleeve but your hyperbole is funny.

Ok Boomer

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:12 - Jan 21 with 1851 viewstractordownsouth

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:23 - Jan 21 with 1836 viewsOxford_Blue

Why is he obviously a bell end?
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:23 - Jan 21 with 1834 viewsOxford_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 19:48 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

He's famous for being Billie Piper's ex-husband. Why was he even on Question Time?

He’s famous for being an actor
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:26 - Jan 21 with 1827 viewsOxford_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:14 - Jan 20 by LankHenners

An unsurprisingly selective and reductive take on the matter.

He didn’t agree that Britain was a systemically racist country and that Meghan was criticised as a result of racism. When the questioner said he was “a white privileged male” he reasonably said she was being racist herself.

He was then asked who he would like to see as a the new labour leader and he said Starmer. He was asked “why not any of the women”. He then said he’d tried to answer the question, but find, “all the women” then.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:28 - Jan 21 with 1821 viewsOxford_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:22 - Jan 20 by jeera

He also suggested Starmer as the most suitable Labour candidate.

Not that I have an issue with that, but when he was asked why he didn't seem to know.

When challenged by Chakrabarti, (no, not her biggest fan either), he just responded, "Oh well any of the women then", in a schoolboy like huff.

It was just awkward all round.

He really did seem clueless and so far from his depth.

He had views but didn't know why he had them.

Not true. He gave a reason for Starmer - that he could handle BJ.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:39 - Jan 21 with 1802 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:59 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

Self righteousness is a trait of virtue signalling.

Calling out someone as white privileged is a generic term with no fact checking of that persons background, the fact that colour is defined in the descriptor indicates racism.

There's no self righteousness in that comment, just agreement with a particular position.

It's not racist to say someone is white when they are white, it's also not racist to say someone is black when they are black. Laurence Fox is white and he is from a position of privilege in terms of both wealth and status. I'm not sure why you think that's a racist or bigoted thing to say.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:42 - Jan 21 with 1795 viewsOxford_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:39 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

There's no self righteousness in that comment, just agreement with a particular position.

It's not racist to say someone is white when they are white, it's also not racist to say someone is black when they are black. Laurence Fox is white and he is from a position of privilege in terms of both wealth and status. I'm not sure why you think that's a racist or bigoted thing to say.

But that’s not the context and context is everything.

The point made to him was that he couldn’t hold a view (that Britain isn’t a racist country) because of his own colour and gender and the context was therefore that these traits made him less able to have a valid opinion.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:42 - Jan 21 with 1793 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:23 - Jan 21 by Oxford_Blue

He’s famous for being an actor

Is he fuk.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:43 - Jan 21 with 1790 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:42 - Jan 21 by Oxford_Blue

But that’s not the context and context is everything.

The point made to him was that he couldn’t hold a view (that Britain isn’t a racist country) because of his own colour and gender and the context was therefore that these traits made him less able to have a valid opinion.

Disagree with your predictably myopic take.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:43 - Jan 21 with 1791 viewsOxford_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 12:42 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Is he fuk.

Subject to what is meant by famous, it’s fair to say that he’s known for that.

He’s been in Lewis a lot plus other films.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:50 - Jan 21 with 1718 viewsEnigma_Blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:53 - Jan 21 by hampstead_blue

He is a bell end.

The problem was that the lady calling him a 'white privileged male' was wrong. If he'd called her a black geek (she is a researcher and academic) he would have been hammered.

Both were stupid.

That lady was an obvious BBC plant. QT uses them all the time.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 19:12 - Jan 21 with 1681 viewsGeoffSentence

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 16:50 - Jan 21 by Enigma_Blue

That lady was an obvious BBC plant. QT uses them all the time.

If you are going to come out with a statement like that, you really need to back it up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024