Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? 19:34 - Jan 20 with 30148 viewsDubtractor

Obviously he is a bellend, but if anything defines privilege, it is that he was given a platform to perform on a national TV show when he has precisely nil musical talent. Nothing about his appearance is about talent, nothing whatsoever.

I should add, it is worth a listen to his performance to marvel at just how bad it is. It isn't even mediocre, its utterly awful.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/video-lawrence-fox-performing-je
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 19:58]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 00:04 - Jan 21 with 4468 viewsfactual_blue

It all went wrong years ago for the Fox family when Edward played the role of Edward VIII. Ever since then he's thought he IS Edward VIII.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 00:50 - Jan 21 with 4439 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 01:01 - Jan 21 with 4433 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 00:50 - Jan 21 by The_Last_Baron

Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.

"Nothing of note to add".

Repeat.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:44 - Jan 21 with 4374 viewseireblue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 00:50 - Jan 21 by The_Last_Baron

Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.
Echo Chamber alert.

These comments are always funny.

1. You are posting

2. Other people have posted with different views.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:45 - Jan 21 with 4374 viewsDubtractor

I should add to this that the point of the thread wasnt really to go over his qt appearance, more to illustrate the very clear privilege he has over others, and which he seemed offended to be confronted by.

Its almost offensive that he was given an opportunity to record and promote music based on his privilege only. Listen to that performance and I guarantee you'll have rarely heard worse at your local pub from even the weakest performers.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:47 - Jan 21 with 4369 viewsDubtractor

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:44 - Jan 21 by eireblue

These comments are always funny.

1. You are posting

2. Other people have posted with different views.

I was going to post something rude, but I'll refrain now.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:47 - Jan 21 with 4368 viewseireblue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:09 - Jan 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's white and middle class, therefore he is not entitled to an opinion.

Who ever said he wasn’t entitled to:

A. Have an opinion

B. Express it.

It would be interesting to understand from your response, what exactly he was doing on QT, if it wasn’t expressing opinions on TV whilst being white and middle class.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:53 - Jan 21 with 4363 viewshampstead_blue

He is a bell end.

The problem was that the lady calling him a 'white privileged male' was wrong. If he'd called her a black geek (she is a researcher and academic) he would have been hammered.

Both were stupid.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:12 - Jan 21 with 4341 viewseireblue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:53 - Jan 21 by hampstead_blue

He is a bell end.

The problem was that the lady calling him a 'white privileged male' was wrong. If he'd called her a black geek (she is a researcher and academic) he would have been hammered.

Both were stupid.

As a black femal academic, she doesn’t have the experience to know what it is like to be a white middle class ex-forces social enterprise promoter.

See totally possible.

You are making a false equivalence.

He interrupted her, she wasn’t simply calling him something.

She was pointing out something that GB has pointed out many a time.

White middle class males can decide if “Gammon” is a racist term.

They don’t get to decide whether the different coverage of a white English princess and a Black American princess is or isn’t racist.

Of course he interrupted and spoke over her, before she could make her point fully.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:17 - Jan 21 with 4332 viewschicoazul

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:45 - Jan 21 by Dubtractor

I should add to this that the point of the thread wasnt really to go over his qt appearance, more to illustrate the very clear privilege he has over others, and which he seemed offended to be confronted by.

Its almost offensive that he was given an opportunity to record and promote music based on his privilege only. Listen to that performance and I guarantee you'll have rarely heard worse at your local pub from even the weakest performers.

It's quite funny that he was confronted about his privilege by a university lecturer, someone who herself enjoys quite a privileged position.
Still, FWIW I think both POVs are right as presented; woke culture is very very boring and self sustaining, and a lot of her treatment is racist.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:19 - Jan 21 with 4330 viewshampstead_blue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:12 - Jan 21 by eireblue

As a black femal academic, she doesn’t have the experience to know what it is like to be a white middle class ex-forces social enterprise promoter.

See totally possible.

You are making a false equivalence.

He interrupted her, she wasn’t simply calling him something.

She was pointing out something that GB has pointed out many a time.

White middle class males can decide if “Gammon” is a racist term.

They don’t get to decide whether the different coverage of a white English princess and a Black American princess is or isn’t racist.

Of course he interrupted and spoke over her, before she could make her point fully.

Take out the manners which I feel has no relative effect on both their stupidity.
They where both stupid.

He for ignoring the obvious prejudice Meghan has endured and her for calling him 'white middle class privileged male'

Neither helped.

P.S I am not middle class. I wear a t-shirt under a jumper and not a blue cotton shirt!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:29 - Jan 21 with 4312 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:19 - Jan 21 by hampstead_blue

Take out the manners which I feel has no relative effect on both their stupidity.
They where both stupid.

He for ignoring the obvious prejudice Meghan has endured and her for calling him 'white middle class privileged male'

Neither helped.

P.S I am not middle class. I wear a t-shirt under a jumper and not a blue cotton shirt!

I wear on occasion, a blue cotton Oxford shirt beneath a V neck jumper, am I now middle class?

Feck this a genuinely funny thread, more virtue signalling than a Guardian strategy meeting.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:32 - Jan 21 with 4303 viewsDanTheMan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:29 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

I wear on occasion, a blue cotton Oxford shirt beneath a V neck jumper, am I now middle class?

Feck this a genuinely funny thread, more virtue signalling than a Guardian strategy meeting.

Please point out the examples of people "virtue signalling".

There is a high correlation of people use that phrase as a criticism and people who don't actually know what it is.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 8:33]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:38 - Jan 21 with 4292 viewseireblue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:19 - Jan 21 by hampstead_blue

They where both stupid.

Neither helped.

But he is a white middle class privileged male. There is nothing wrong with being that.
They don’t let random strangers on the QT panel.

It isn’t manners. It is an indication of his attitude.

I would be interesting why a black middle class women is being stupid, when pointing out that the coverage of another black women is in her view racist?

Your clothing choice is so 2000 Gap, and you were thinking of buying a BMW. You are middle class.

Of course, nobody would even suggest you are upper middle class.

[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 8:39]
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:41 - Jan 21 with 4276 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 07:53 - Jan 21 by hampstead_blue

He is a bell end.

Both were stupid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:42 - Jan 21 with 4281 viewsitfcjoe

Question Time just isn't worth watching, I don't really think there was much wrong with what he said but yet he is now a pariah/martyr depending on which side of the platform you sit on.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:49 - Jan 21 with 4262 viewsGlasgowBlue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:38 - Jan 21 by eireblue

But he is a white middle class privileged male. There is nothing wrong with being that.
They don’t let random strangers on the QT panel.

It isn’t manners. It is an indication of his attitude.

I would be interesting why a black middle class women is being stupid, when pointing out that the coverage of another black women is in her view racist?

Your clothing choice is so 2000 Gap, and you were thinking of buying a BMW. You are middle class.

Of course, nobody would even suggest you are upper middle class.

[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 8:39]

Every time I read one of your posts I feel it would be better suited as a PowerPoint presentation. Each statement should come with a bullet point.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:00 - Jan 21 with 4245 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:32 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

Please point out the examples of people "virtue signalling".

There is a high correlation of people use that phrase as a criticism and people who don't actually know what it is.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 8:33]

Here is a piece of superiority signalling,

'There is a high correlation of people use that phrase as a criticism and people who don't actually know what it is.'
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:07 - Jan 21 with 4228 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:00 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

'There is a high correlation of people use that phrase as a criticism and people who don't actually know what it is.'

I think what he said is actually pretty accurate and you've not done much to disprove him by not providing an example of someone virtue signalling on this thread. There's a lot of fairly meaningless buzzwords thrown around these days - snowflake, woke, virtue signaller - usually by the same kind of people who lose their sh!t entirely when Greggs launch a vegan sausage roll. There's no self awareness or willingness to actually engage in a debate, just lots of outrage at people who they perceive as being different and repeated attempts to shut people down. All rather sad, really. I'd hoped for better from you, Gary.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 9:07]

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:36 - Jan 21 with 4202 viewsDanTheMan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:00 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

I mean a no would have been fine but you do you.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:43 - Jan 21 with 4182 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:07 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

I think what he said is actually pretty accurate and you've not done much to disprove him by not providing an example of someone virtue signalling on this thread. There's a lot of fairly meaningless buzzwords thrown around these days - snowflake, woke, virtue signaller - usually by the same kind of people who lose their sh!t entirely when Greggs launch a vegan sausage roll. There's no self awareness or willingness to actually engage in a debate, just lots of outrage at people who they perceive as being different and repeated attempts to shut people down. All rather sad, really. I'd hoped for better from you, Gary.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 9:07]

'His comment which sparked the outrage cycle was about it being racist to point out he's a 'privileged white man', which he is.'

This is classic virtue signalling and racist to boot, IF the same definitions of racism apply across all races.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:46 - Jan 21 with 4178 viewseireblue

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 08:49 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Every time I read one of your posts I feel it would be better suited as a PowerPoint presentation. Each statement should come with a bullet point.

What age are you from?

Words and bulletpoints in PowerPoint. Tut tut.

It is all visuals nowadays.

But, thanks for taking the time, again, on remarking on my posting style.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:54 - Jan 21 with 4159 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:43 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

'His comment which sparked the outrage cycle was about it being racist to point out he's a 'privileged white man', which he is.'

This is classic virtue signalling and racist to boot, IF the same definitions of racism apply across all races.

Explain why you think that comment is virtue signalling and why you think it is racist.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:59 - Jan 21 with 4153 viewsGaryCooper

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:54 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Explain why you think that comment is virtue signalling and why you think it is racist.

Self righteousness is a trait of virtue signalling.

Calling out someone as white privileged is a generic term with no fact checking of that persons background, the fact that colour is defined in the descriptor indicates racism.
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 10:05 - Jan 21 with 4137 viewsDanTheMan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 09:59 - Jan 21 by GaryCooper

Self righteousness is a trait of virtue signalling.

Calling out someone as white privileged is a generic term with no fact checking of that persons background, the fact that colour is defined in the descriptor indicates racism.

"Self righteousness is a trait of virtue signalling."

No it's not. Virtue signalling was supposed to be about people exclaiming to be outraged by things even when they aren't. Nothing to do with self-righteousness.

As others have said, it's just become a buzzword to dismiss views.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024