Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. 12:28 - Jan 23 with 27786 viewsmonytowbray

Is why many feel the need to assume what they think is patriotic or the opinion of the masses? Farage I regularly used to see referred as the man of the people. Tommy Robinson and Hopkins are regularly said to "just be saying what everyone's thinking" by the same folk.

Why do they feel the need to project their lack of values on everyone or claim it's the British thing to do? These people are far from a "majority", let alone a "silent" one if you spend 5 minutes reading the rubbish spouted on social media.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone equate a leftist idea as patriotic or something everyone believes deep down because to do so with any idea is nonsense, even if in the actual majority. I don't believe banning hunting is the British thing to do or something everyone thinks for example, even though you'd hard pressed to find many people who are pro-hunting next to the masses of people against it.

Eurgh.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 08:24 - Jan 24 with 4912 viewsartsbossbeard

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 22:46 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

I'd say it should be wanting what's best for the country, rather than blind obedience to convention. Understanding our position in the world and being able to judge what we need to do to improve things for the benefit of everyone who lives here and forms our society. Whilst simultaneously being a mature actor on the global stage and a being voice for positive change in the name of the common good (for people, regions and the planet).

Naive, I know.

Hippy.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:07 - Jan 24 with 4882 views26_Paz

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 08:12 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

Tell us, what makes right wing views better than left wing views? The floor is yours again.

I have never said right wing views are 'better' than left wing views. As Glasgow Blue has very eloquently pointed out neither are better, they are just different opinions. The point I was making is that the left are very quick to demonise and ridicule those on the right. This makes them look like arrogant self absored ar$e holes, hence their current struggle for votes.

The Paz Man

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:23 - Jan 24 with 4859 viewsfooters

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:07 - Jan 24 by 26_Paz

I have never said right wing views are 'better' than left wing views. As Glasgow Blue has very eloquently pointed out neither are better, they are just different opinions. The point I was making is that the left are very quick to demonise and ridicule those on the right. This makes them look like arrogant self absored ar$e holes, hence their current struggle for votes.

"arrogant self absored ar$e holes"

Doing your bit for fairness there, Paz.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:36 - Jan 24 with 4842 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:23 - Jan 24 by footers

Those b@stards who want a fairer society rather than throwing people and the planet under a bus for profit.

I mean, if compassion is the aim, I think one side trumps the other.

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:37 - Jan 24 with 4836 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 08:21 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Neither view is better. Anyone, left or right, who thinks that their political view is in some way intellectually or morally superior needs to take their head of of their anus.

It's logic like that that has resulted in Nazis being a thing again.

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:38 - Jan 24 with 4832 views26_Paz

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:37 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

It's logic like that that has resulted in Nazis being a thing again.

That's ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Do you think about things before you write them?

The Paz Man

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:39 - Jan 24 with 4830 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:38 - Jan 24 by 26_Paz

That's ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Do you think about things before you write them?

But they're "just different opinions" mate.

I don't think you really understand what the right wing is enabling RN.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 9:40]

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:39 - Jan 24 with 4828 views26_Paz

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:23 - Jan 24 by footers

Just saying how it makes them appear to many.
Paz calls a spade a spade

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:41 - Jan 24 with 4814 views26_Paz

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:39 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

But they're "just different opinions" mate.

I don't think you really understand what the right wing is enabling RN.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 9:40]

There's just no point is there? I give up.

The Paz Man

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:47 - Jan 24 with 4792 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:41 - Jan 24 by 26_Paz

I don't think you really understand the impact of your opinions.

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:48 - Jan 24 with 4790 viewsGaryCooper

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 23:38 - Jan 23 by Seablu

I think the election result backs up your point perfectly regarding people being more right wing than they admit.
I also think a lot of very impressionable, desperate & uneducated wretches that scribbled their crosses in the right wing boxes are the ones who will now suffer a torrid period of disappointment & misery.
I also believe that left leaning folk are brighter & better people, and everything I read on this forum merely reinforces that belief.

From this hypocritical self congratulatory diatribe I can only infer, from your own definitions, that you are not from the left of the political spectrum.
One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:50 - Jan 24 with 4783 viewsGaryCooper

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:41 - Jan 24 by 26_Paz

Too late, you have given the pinnacle of HPD his moment.
One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 10:05 - Jan 24 with 4764 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:50 - Jan 24 by GaryCooper

Too late, you have given the pinnacle of HPD his moment.

Yes, I’m attention seeking, of course. That’s all everything comes down to when you haven’t got much to say.

Lazy, boring, incorrect.

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 10:26 - Jan 24 with 4730 viewsPinewoodblue

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:47 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

I don't think you really understand the impact of your opinions.

I think he does. He annoys you!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 4721 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 10:26 - Jan 24 by Pinewoodblue

I think he does. He annoys you!

He made a statement earlier about how Britain has done more good than bad for the world historically and still hasn't provided in an actual argument. now he's throwing his toys out the pram and is claiming he's "walking away" from the debate.

I'm fine, but if trying to get a reaction from me will help your Friday go quicker feel free to do you.

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 10:41 - Jan 24 with 4702 viewsfooters

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 09:39 - Jan 24 by 26_Paz

Just saying how it makes them appear to many.
Paz calls a spade a spade

I could think of many on the other side who appear that way too. One of them is our current Prime Minister. Others include Rees-Mogg and Farage. But seems the right-wing quite like those "arrogant self absored ar$e holes".

Funny old world.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 11:18 - Jan 24 with 4674 views26_Paz

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 10:30 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

He made a statement earlier about how Britain has done more good than bad for the world historically and still hasn't provided in an actual argument. now he's throwing his toys out the pram and is claiming he's "walking away" from the debate.

I'm fine, but if trying to get a reaction from me will help your Friday go quicker feel free to do you.

I think I said good and bad Britain had done about evened things out. I also gave you examples.

The Paz Man

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 11:30 - Jan 24 with 4656 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 11:18 - Jan 24 by 26_Paz

I think I said good and bad Britain had done about evened things out. I also gave you examples.

It’s all a bit “What have the Romans ever done for us”.

JohnCleesieasticus,

I generally agree with your point.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 11:36]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 14:44 - Jan 24 with 4577 viewsBackToRussia

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 11:18 - Jan 24 by 26_Paz

You've named two good things, and completely ignored all the atrocities listed. Head in the sand. Your best line was Russia and China have committed genocide too so its OK.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:08 - Jan 24 with 4552 viewsflimflam

Most people on this thread seem to despise anything about this country and will happily highlight all the bad while ignoring the good.

Its almost as if they want us to fall flat on our faces post brexit. Sad really.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:13 - Jan 24 with 4540 viewsflimflam

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 16:34 - Jan 23 by BackToRussia

Weren't both sides at it tho?

When you say both side then yes the Bosnian Serbs and the Bosnian Croats were both at it.....

Add to that the Bosnians, Croats and Serbs then they were all at it... murdering and raping predominately mulsims but also each other.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 15:16]

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:17 - Jan 24 with 4535 viewsmonytowbray

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:08 - Jan 24 by flimflam

Most people on this thread seem to despise anything about this country and will happily highlight all the bad while ignoring the good.

Its almost as if they want us to fall flat on our faces post brexit. Sad really.

Would you highlight all the good things on a building whilst it was on fire? Or would you focus on the matter at hand?

TWTD never forgets…

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:21 - Jan 24 with 4532 viewsflimflam

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 16:02 - Jan 23 by jeera

I don't see how many sane views there can possibly be of any nation imposing itself on others, murdering their people and stealing their lands and property.

Again, I'm not responsible for it and I will not apologise to anyone for it.

But that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

See, also the French, Dutch, Portuguese, Irish, Spanish...

Dont forget the Germans, Japanese, Russians, Persians, Turks, Italians etc etc

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:23 - Jan 24 with 4528 viewsflimflam

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:17 - Jan 24 by monytowbray

Would you highlight all the good things on a building whilst it was on fire? Or would you focus on the matter at hand?

I always try to see the good.

Try it, it may make you more at peace with yourself.

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 15:30 - Jan 24 with 4509 viewsGeoffSentence

One thing that's really bugged me a while about the right wing. on 14:00 - Jan 23 by BackToRussia

How many good things do you have to do to expatiate the forced starvation of millions?

The ultimately good thing would have been not to do it. And any sane person would wish the British empire or any other empire, had never existed.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 14:01]

I wonder how many people who argue in favour of the British Empire would have been happy to be a subject people in someone else's empire. Even one that built good high speed railways.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024