Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38447 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 10:18 - Feb 6 with 1814 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:10 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

What's that got to do with a "losing mentality"?

What?!

We've gone from play-offs to League 1. It's hardly a winning mentality is it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 10:18 - Feb 6 with 1814 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:16 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

This isn't opinion though. It's a fact that Ipswich have been on a downhill trajectory for years. We made the play-offs 5 years ago. We're now in League 1.

Nice to see you jumping on the kick Dolly bandwagon. Anymore for anymore?

No no no Jerseys, you said that we have a "losing mentality" and quoted those league positions to back that up. That's just, like, your opinion, man. And opinions can't be "wrong", you told us all this before, so you should apologise to C_Healy shouldn't you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interview with Bart on 10:19 - Feb 6 with 1802 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:18 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

What?!

So in other words, if we simply had a winning mentality, we would be winning? I guess managing Ipswich is a much easier job than people realise!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Interview with Bart on 10:20 - Feb 6 with 1784 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What?!

We dropped into League One last season, before that we had dropped from the playoffs to still being in the top half, as at the end of 2017/18

Hence my point that we didn’t have a losing mentality ‘for years’, as teams with a losing mentality lose pretty much every week and don’t finish in the top half

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 10:20 - Feb 6 with 1788 viewsitfcjoe

What?!

Downwards trajectory does not equal losing mentality

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interview with Bart on 10:21 - Feb 6 with 1778 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:20 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

No Joe you don't understand, Liverpool are only top of the Prem because they have a winning mentality!

Interview with Bart on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 1776 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:12 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

I edited it as, per my other post, I left 9th in there by mistake as I originally wrote the post differently.

You started off saying we had a losing mentality before Lambert came in so it makes sense to look at the seasons in between our best finish in years and to that point, yes?

Finishing in the top half (once one place outside the playoffs) twice is hardly a 'losing mentality'. We'd been having some rough matches in Mick's latter days but, again, it's not 'years and years'.

It's 3 years then, if you want to be pedantic. It's still years of crapness whatever way you want to cut it. We haven't suddenly gone from being great to being rubbish.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 10:23 - Feb 6 with 1762 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:22 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

It's 3 years then, if you want to be pedantic. It's still years of crapness whatever way you want to cut it. We haven't suddenly gone from being great to being rubbish.

"if you want to be pedantic", said the man who called the same poster out for getting a number slightly wrong earlier.

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 10:24 - Feb 6 with 1757 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:20 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

I respectfully disagree.

Interview with Bart on 10:25 - Feb 6 with 1740 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 10:22 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

No it isn't.

You're attitude to that period of time versus this current period is remarkable. Well as it's you it's not remarkable but you know what I mean.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interview with Bart on 10:25 - Feb 6 with 1738 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:23 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

"if you want to be pedantic", said the man who called the same poster out for getting a number slightly wrong earlier.

He didn't get it "slightly wrong" he added another year of just below the play-offs that didn't exist!

Interview with Bart on 10:26 - Feb 6 with 1729 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:25 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

He didn't get it "slightly wrong" he added another year of just below the play-offs that didn't exist!

Well yes, if you want to be pedantic.

Interview with Bart on 10:27 - Feb 6 with 1720 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 10:25 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Because as I've already explained I typed out the post differently then reworded it but left '9th' in there accidentally.

It was a typo not a rewriting of history.

Interview with Bart on 10:28 - Feb 6 with 1711 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:25 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

No it isn't.

You're attitude to that period of time versus this current period is remarkable. Well as it's you it's not remarkable but you know what I mean.

No I don't know what you mean. I'm quoting facts, you and the other Lambert-outers are doing something else. We've been cr@p for years. That Lambert hasn't fixed it yet is perfectly understandable, is my thrust.

Interview with Bart on 10:29 - Feb 6 with 1707 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:27 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

Because as I've already explained I typed out the post differently then reworded it but left '9th' in there accidentally.

Now you're just being pedantic!11!!1!

Interview with Bart on 10:30 - Feb 6 with 1696 viewsPJH

Interview with Bart on 10:28 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

No I don't know what you mean. I'm quoting facts, you and the other Lambert-outers are doing something else. We've been cr@p for years. That Lambert hasn't fixed it yet is perfectly understandable, is my thrust.

Although we are undeniably (I would assume) more cr@p over the last 18 months than we were previously.
Interview with Bart on 10:31 - Feb 6 with 1695 viewschicoazul

No, you're saying it's because we have a "losing mentality" that we are cr@p, and that everyone else is wrong if they think otherwise. That's just your opinion.

Interview with Bart on 10:32 - Feb 6 with 1688 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:27 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

We'll have to take your word for it. It looked initially like you'd misremembered (there was a 9th place finish, it was the year before we finished 6th).

Interview with Bart on 10:33 - Feb 6 with 1688 viewsLankHenners

The facts are between finishing 6th and Mick going we finished mid table in the Championship. Most people see that as us doing a good job punching above our weight even if the performances turned sour towards the end. You see it as being 'cr@p for years' for some reason.

Lambert's currently cocking up get promoted from league 1 with the strongest squad in the division.

Interview with Bart on 10:34 - Feb 6 with 1679 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 10:32 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

We'll have to take your word for it. It looked initially like you'd misremembered (there was a 9th place finish, it was the year before we finished 6th).

I know, I had written it out differently then reworded it and, being fiddly to do on my phone, must have copied and pasted a bit of the old sentence into the wrong place. It doesn't really have anything to do with the point.

Interview with Bart on 10:35 - Feb 6 with 1673 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:30 - Feb 6 by PJH

Although we are undeniably (I would assume) more cr@p over the last 18 months than we were previously.

Yeah, largely due to Paul Hurst.

Interview with Bart on 10:37 - Feb 6 with 1661 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:31 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

No, you're saying it's because we have a "losing mentality" that we are cr@p, and that everyone else is wrong if they think otherwise. That's just your opinion.

Ok, if you won't accept my evidence shown so far, how about this one. Bart says himself in the article that we had a losing mentality when Lambert came in.

Who to believe?! Bart or you numpties on here?!

Interview with Bart on 10:42 - Feb 6 with 1721 viewsPJH

Interview with Bart on 10:35 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, largely due to Paul Hurst.

I have no argument with that and Bart's interview seems to confirm that.
I just want my man MM exonerated from blame for the situation that we are in now.
Interview with Bart on 10:43 - Feb 6 with 1720 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:33 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

The facts are between finishing 6th and Mick going we finished mid table in the Championship. Most people see that as us doing a good job punching above our weight even if the performances turned sour towards the end. You see it as being 'cr@p for years' for some reason.

Lambert's currently cocking up get promoted from league 1 with the strongest squad in the division.

Showing your colours with your last sentence there. As I suspected. You're re-writing history because you're a Lambert-outer. Mick had us finish in our worst position for 60 years. How on earth you can call that "a good job" is beyond me.

Interview with Bart on 10:45 - Feb 6 with 1703 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 10:37 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Ok, if you won't accept my evidence shown so far, how about this one. Bart says himself in the article that we had a losing mentality when Lambert came in.

Who to believe?! Bart or you numpties on here?!

That’s not a point anyone is debating though. You said we’d had it for ‘years and years’, which evidently isn’t true as teams with losing mentalities don’t finish in the top half of the table, as we did the season before

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024