Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38443 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 09:30 - Feb 6 with 3564 viewsBlueBadger

Interview with Bart on 09:02 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed, and yet there are some twits on here who blame Lambert for our relegation.

We've had years and years of a losing mentality. That clearly can't be fixed overnight.

This is the football equivalent of blaming the last Labour government for everything.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interview with Bart on 09:35 - Feb 6 with 3556 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:14 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We haven’t had years and years of a losing mentality, we finished in the top half of the table the season prior to last

Lambert managed 3/4’s of the season we were relegated. It was quite literally part of his job to get the players to believe they could escape relegation

Wow, the top half of the Championship. Whoopdy do.

Of course we've had years and years of a losing mentality. You're just wrong.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 09:35 - Feb 6 with 3557 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Also, Millwall payers were calling us the worst team they have played in the championship. Jesus

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Interview with Bart on 09:37 - Feb 6 with 3535 viewsBlueBadger

Interview with Bart on 09:35 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

For most of those 'years and years' we comfortably finished top half of the table, if not challenging for playoffs/promotion.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Interview with Bart on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 3538 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:30 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

This is the football equivalent of blaming the last Labour government for everything.

Um, the last Labour government was 10 years ago, whereas Lambert came in in the same season as Hurst. So, no, your analogy doesn't really work.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 09:42 - Feb 6 with 3517 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 09:35 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Have you lost the plot? Teams with losing mentalities don’t finish in the top half of the table, quite obviously

Whereas we finished in the top half in 4 of the 5 seasons prior, and won more games than we lost in that period

We clearly didn’t have a losing mentality for years

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 09:44 - Feb 6 with 3519 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:37 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

For most of those 'years and years' we comfortably finished top half of the table, if not challenging for playoffs/promotion.

In 14/15 we scraped into 6th place. It's been downhill ever since. That's several years of a losing mentality.

Interview with Bart on 09:46 - Feb 6 with 3507 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:42 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Have you lost the plot? Teams with losing mentalities don’t finish in the top half of the table, quite obviously

Whereas we finished in the top half in 4 of the 5 seasons prior, and won more games than we lost in that period

We clearly didn’t have a losing mentality for years

See my reply to badger. You're just wrong.

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 09:48 - Feb 6 with 3498 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 09:44 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

In 14/15 we scraped into 6th place. It's been downhill ever since. That's several years of a losing mentality.

"downhill" finishing 7th, 16th, 12th.

Totally bizarre line of argument to take.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 9:57]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interview with Bart on 09:51 - Feb 6 with 3447 viewsBlueBadger

Interview with Bart on 09:40 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Um, the last Labour government was 10 years ago, whereas Lambert came in in the same season as Hurst. So, no, your analogy doesn't really work.

'It's all the other bloke's fault' is the way I was aiming. It's literally Lambert's job to change mentalities and improve results. He failed then and he's failing now.

Interview with Bart on 09:53 - Feb 6 with 3450 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:48 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

You need to check your history mate. Another one who's wrong.

Interview with Bart on 09:56 - Feb 6 with 3441 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 09:53 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Ever wondered why it is always you who is right and everyone else wrong?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interview with Bart on 09:56 - Feb 6 with 3430 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 09:46 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Your argument doesn’t make sense, you don’t automatically have a losing mentality just because you finished lower in the league. In fact by your logic we rediscovered a winning mentality in 2017/18 as we finished higher in the league than the season before

Teams with losing mentalities lose nearly every week, not finish in the top half

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 09:56 - Feb 6 with 3446 viewskpblues

Interesting article and good luck to Bart. Great keeper.

Most worrying thing for me was that Paul Lambert's first action was calling four or five senior players into his office. That sends the wrong messages to younger players and suggests that these senior players are part of his inner circle and (as with MM) are undroppable.

Let's hope PL has moved on from this approach.

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Interview with Bart on 09:56 - Feb 6 with 3434 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 09:53 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Whoops, didn't mean to put 9th in there.

Still not evidence of a 'losing mentality'.

Interview with Bart on 09:57 - Feb 6 with 3426 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 09:56 - Feb 6 by kpblues

Interesting article and good luck to Bart. Great keeper.

Most worrying thing for me was that Paul Lambert's first action was calling four or five senior players into his office. That sends the wrong messages to younger players and suggests that these senior players are part of his inner circle and (as with MM) are undroppable.

Let's hope PL has moved on from this approach.

It’s like this at every club, senior players are key to every dressing room

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interview with Bart on 09:58 - Feb 6 with 3402 viewsBlueBadger

How is consistently finishing top half in the table, despite your budget and limitations of the playing squad(which is being consistently downgraded by the owner selling off key players and not funding adequate replacements), evidence of a 'losing mentality'?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 10:03]

Interview with Bart on 10:02 - Feb 6 with 3387 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:51 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

'It's all the other bloke's fault' is the way I was aiming. It's literally Lambert's job to change mentalities and improve results. He failed then and he's failing now.

I didn't say it's all the other bloke's fault. But it's mostly the other bloke's fault.
Jurgen Klopp would've struggled to keep that rabble up.

What makes me laugh is the short memory of many on here, and the need to blame the guy in the job right now, regardless of any context. It happens time and time again.

There's just so little patience these days. You want this lumbering ship full of holes turned round and turned into a speedboat overnight. Mick made the best attempt in recent years but even he took us to our lowest finish since the 50's.

ITFC is a much tough job than you realise.

Interview with Bart on 10:02 - Feb 6 with 3387 viewschicoazul

You told us all a while back opinions can't be wrong.

ETA; I meant to put this as a reply to your response to C_Healy, sorry for confusing you Jerseys
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 10:09]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interview with Bart on 10:05 - Feb 6 with 3357 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:48 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

Haha, nice edit mate.

Now you've got it right, 7th, 16th, 12th and 24th is a downhill trend (16th or 12th is much of a muchness).

How on earth can you see that as anything other than "downhill"? We're in League 1 now fella!

Interview with Bart on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 3335 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:56 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

Ever wondered why it is always you who is right and everyone else wrong?

Maybe because this board is full of thickos? I dunno. I'm pretty confident I'm not wrong though. 6th, 7th, 16th, 12th and 24th (relegated to League 1) is a downhill trend unless you're a complete mentalist. If you're hanging you hat on the slight jump to 12th there's no hope for you.

Interview with Bart on 10:10 - Feb 6 with 3331 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:09 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Maybe because this board is full of thickos? I dunno. I'm pretty confident I'm not wrong though. 6th, 7th, 16th, 12th and 24th (relegated to League 1) is a downhill trend unless you're a complete mentalist. If you're hanging you hat on the slight jump to 12th there's no hope for you.

What's that got to do with a "losing mentality"?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interview with Bart on 10:12 - Feb 6 with 3322 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 10:05 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Haha, nice edit mate.

Now you've got it right, 7th, 16th, 12th and 24th is a downhill trend (16th or 12th is much of a muchness).

How on earth can you see that as anything other than "downhill"? We're in League 1 now fella!

I edited it as, per my other post, I left 9th in there by mistake as I originally wrote the post differently.

You started off saying we had a losing mentality before Lambert came in so it makes sense to look at the seasons in between our best finish in years and to that point, yes?

Finishing in the top half (once one place outside the playoffs) twice is hardly a 'losing mentality'. We'd been having some rough matches in Mick's latter days but, again, it's not 'years and years'.

Interview with Bart on 10:13 - Feb 6 with 3311 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:58 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

How is consistently finishing top half in the table, despite your budget and limitations of the playing squad(which is being consistently downgraded by the owner selling off key players and not funding adequate replacements), evidence of a 'losing mentality'?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 10:03]

I've shown my workings. If you can't see it I can't help you.

Truth of the matter is you and the others disagreeing with me are the Lambert-outers. You're not interested in the facts. Ipswich Town have been on a downhill trend for years.

Interview with Bart on 10:16 - Feb 6 with 3289 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:02 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

You told us all a while back opinions can't be wrong.

ETA; I meant to put this as a reply to your response to C_Healy, sorry for confusing you Jerseys
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 10:09]

This isn't opinion though. It's a fact that Ipswich have been on a downhill trajectory for years. We made the play-offs 5 years ago. We're now in League 1.

Nice to see you jumping on the kick Dolly bandwagon. Anymore for anymore?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024