Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38446 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 12:58 - Feb 6 with 4179 viewsJDB23

Interview with Bart on 10:24 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I respectfully disagree.

Do you think Man Utd have a losing mentality?
Interview with Bart on 13:00 - Feb 6 with 4148 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 12:50 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I've shown my evidence of my belief that we've had a losing mentality for years.

The trend has been downwards for years.

Bart has said we had a losing mentality.

I rest my case.

The second point does not automatically equal the first though

And Bart was quite clearly referring to the period under Hurst as developing a losing mentality, not having had one for ‘years and years’, as others have already pointed out repeatedly

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 13:19 - Feb 6 with 4121 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 12:56 - Feb 6 by LevelTheLand

As someone who rarely posts, so has no personal issue with yourself. You are talking utter nonsense.

We did not have 'years and years' of a losing mentality. We had a season where we made the play-offs (scraped the play-offs, just to keep you happy), followed by a few seasons of mostly top half finishes. Still better than anything we had experienced under the previous 2 managers. Bart clearly says in the article that moods dropped after Mick left, then dropped further shortly after Hurst arrived at which point a losing mentality started to set in. Which, regrettably, Lambert wasn't able to fix.

You have since changed your stance to 'downward trajectory' which is a slightly better way of describing our form after the play-off season. But you seem to be trying to pin more blame on Mick for our current position than Lambert. And whilst we were relegated by Hurst long before PL took over, he is to blame for our questionable performances this season, for which people are right to question if he is the right man for the job.

Hmm, no personal issue with me? I see in one of your other (few) posts you've had a pop at me.

I'm not going over everything again and my stance hasn't changed at all if you follow the thread properly. I also haven't made a comment on Mick's influence on our current position, nor have I made comment on this thread about Lambert and this seasons performances.

So frankly, your post is all over the place.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 4118 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 12:58 - Feb 6 by JDB23

Do you think Man Utd have a losing mentality?

I have no opinion on Man Utd one way or the other.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 13:23 - Feb 6 with 4113 viewshaynes_toe1

Interview with Bart on 09:02 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed, and yet there are some twits on here who blame Lambert for our relegation.

We've had years and years of a losing mentality. That clearly can't be fixed overnight.

No, we haven't had "years of a losing mentality". We had half a season with Hurst, less than that. It was Lamberts job to rectify it. He failed. He's also failing this season.
Interview with Bart on 13:27 - Feb 6 with 4098 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 13:19 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Hmm, no personal issue with me? I see in one of your other (few) posts you've had a pop at me.

I'm not going over everything again and my stance hasn't changed at all if you follow the thread properly. I also haven't made a comment on Mick's influence on our current position, nor have I made comment on this thread about Lambert and this seasons performances.

You should go back to page 1 and re read your contributions to this thread if you think that’s post is all over the place

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interview with Bart on 13:35 - Feb 6 with 4068 viewsLevelTheLand

Interview with Bart on 13:19 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I've had a pop at you? Okay.

Perhaps I misinterpreted some of your earlier posts in this thread. However, you have appeared to move the goalposts of the point you're supposedly proving, which is that we have had a losing mentality for years and years. That just isn't true.
Interview with Bart on 13:39 - Feb 6 with 4056 viewsSwailsey

Classic TWTD.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 13:40 - Feb 6 with 4051 viewsfooters

Interview with Bart on 13:39 - Feb 6 by Swailsey

Classic TWTD.

An enjoyable lunchtime read.

Carry on.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interview with Bart on 13:50 - Feb 6 with 4019 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 13:23 - Feb 6 by haynes_toe1

No, we haven't had "years of a losing mentality". We had half a season with Hurst, less than that. It was Lamberts job to rectify it. He failed. He's also failing this season.

Another one showing his bias rather than basing anything on facts. We were top last weekend you numpty. That's literally the opposite of failing.

Interview with Bart on 13:51 - Feb 6 with 4011 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 13:35 - Feb 6 by LevelTheLand

I've had a pop at you? Okay.

Perhaps I misinterpreted some of your earlier posts in this thread. However, you have appeared to move the goalposts of the point you're supposedly proving, which is that we have had a losing mentality for years and years. That just isn't true.

Where have I moved the goalposts? What have I said earlier in the thread that is different to now?

Interview with Bart on 13:53 - Feb 6 with 4001 viewsSomethingBlue

Interview with Bart on 13:40 - Feb 6 by footers

An enjoyable lunchtime read.

Carry on.

Yes, this is absolute quality.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Interview with Bart on 14:01 - Feb 6 with 3982 viewsCBBlue

Interview with Bart on 13:39 - Feb 6 by Swailsey

Classic TWTD.

Indeed.

Read the first page and thought this is going to be an interesting thread discussing Bart's interview but b*gger it's 6 pages long and I've got to go out soon. No need to worry as the next 5 pages are basically a few people arguing over one thing so by skipping those posts I read the thread in record time.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Interview with Bart on 14:05 - Feb 6 with 3964 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 13:51 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Where have I moved the goalposts? What have I said earlier in the thread that is different to now?

You said we’ve had a losing mentality for years and years.

Do you still think this is the case?

Interview with Bart on 14:07 - Feb 6 with 3956 viewsfooters

Interview with Bart on 14:01 - Feb 6 by CBBlue

Indeed.

Read the first page and thought this is going to be an interesting thread discussing Bart's interview but b*gger it's 6 pages long and I've got to go out soon. No need to worry as the next 5 pages are basically a few people arguing over one thing so by skipping those posts I read the thread in record time.

Got to go out soon? Sounds like a losing mentality, tbh.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interview with Bart on 14:26 - Feb 6 with 3920 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 14:05 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

You said we’ve had a losing mentality for years and years.

Do you still think this is the case?

Yes. Where have I changed my mind on that?

Interview with Bart on 14:31 - Feb 6 with 3904 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 14:26 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

It’s that you haven’t changed your mind which is the deal here.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interview with Bart on 14:39 - Feb 6 with 3893 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 14:31 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

It’s that you haven’t changed your mind which is the deal here.

Hilarious. I've got one group accusing me of moving the goalposts and then I've got you here saying my problem is that I haven't changed my mind!

You couldn't make it up.

Interview with Bart on 14:42 - Feb 6 with 3881 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 14:39 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Hilarious. I've got one group accusing me of moving the goalposts and then I've got you here saying my problem is that I haven't changed my mind!

You couldn't make it up.

You claim to still believe that we’ve had ‘years and years’ of ‘losing mentality’ despite several people pointing out otherwise, have moved the goalposts repeatedly where your argument seems to hang on the use of one particular word or another, and now still can’t see that you’ve, at the very least, over dramatised the situation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interview with Bart on 14:45 - Feb 6 with 3870 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 14:26 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

It’s that that is demonstrably wrong, and you keep talking about a downward trend

Interview with Bart on 14:58 - Feb 6 with 3826 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 14:42 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

You claim to still believe that we’ve had ‘years and years’ of ‘losing mentality’ despite several people pointing out otherwise, have moved the goalposts repeatedly where your argument seems to hang on the use of one particular word or another, and now still can’t see that you’ve, at the very least, over dramatised the situation.

If I have moved the goalposts repeatedly you ought to be able to point to at least one specific example where I have?

Interview with Bart on 15:05 - Feb 6 with 3790 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 14:58 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

If I have moved the goalposts repeatedly you ought to be able to point to at least one specific example where I have?

Because by page 2 of a discussion about whether Ipswich have had a losing mentality for ‘years and years’, you moved the conversation into our downward trajectory and called anyone who was disagreeing with you ‘thickos’ because our trajectory was a fact

Which completely ignored the point that no one else was debating that point, just that they don’t think dropping a few spots in the league automatically equals a downward trajectory, when our overall record still remained relatively positive
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:06]

Interview with Bart on 15:06 - Feb 6 with 3794 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 14:45 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

It’s that that is demonstrably wrong, and you keep talking about a downward trend

How is talking about a downward trend me moving the goalposts? That has been a part of my argument all along.

Where have you demonstrated that we HAVEN'T had a losing mentality?

What's demonstrably true is that we were play-off contenders and 5 years later we're in League 1, with all but one of those years being a lower league placing than the previous year. You say it's demonstrably wrong that a losing mentality has anything to do with it, but I don't see you demonstrating it with any facts or evidence.

If we HAVEN'T had a losing mentality for years, why have we got worse pretty much every year? Surely if we don't have a losing mentality we should be up in the Championship still fighting for a play-off place?

Interview with Bart on 15:11 - Feb 6 with 3778 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 15:06 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

How is talking about a downward trend me moving the goalposts? That has been a part of my argument all along.

What's demonstrably true is that we were play-off contenders and 5 years later we're in League 1, with all but one of those years being a lower league placing than the previous year. You say it's demonstrably wrong that a losing mentality has anything to do with it, but I don't see you demonstrating it with any facts or evidence.

If we HAVEN'T had a losing mentality for years, why have we got worse pretty much every year? Surely if we don't have a losing mentality we should be up in the Championship still fighting for a play-off place?

You clearly don’t know what a losing mentality is, especially as referred to be Bart with the clear implication that we didn’t have one until Hurst got here

Interview with Bart on 15:19 - Feb 6 with 3752 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 15:06 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

‘What’s demonstrably true is that we were play-off contenders and 5 years later we’re in League One...’

No one has argued otherwise, and that rather ignores the context that we were playoff contenders and 3 seasons later we had dropped 6 whole places in the league, still finishing top half

The rot clearly set in at the start of 2018/19, not years and years ago
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024