Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38448 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 07:55 - Feb 7 with 1664 viewsgordon

Interview with Bart on 06:31 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

The sadness is the divisions, particularly evident on here and exemplified in this thread. I was pleased that Mick left. In my view the right man when he arrived, who overstayed, by a year and a bit. Was he a bad man no. Was he doing his best absolutely. The awful abuse I hear he was subjected to is a blight on us.

What has the period since he left brought, relegation, two managers and to be honest football that is generally poor and seemingly without strategic direction. Are we better off without him. Probably not. Was I wrong, well the evidence suggests I was, but i would not now be attending if mick has stayed.

I’d like to believe that those who come on here want the best for the club. It seems we can’t discuss how to achieve that without shouting down the other person’s view. It’s my way or the Stevie Heighway.

If you’re are not willing to listen to other people’s point of view then yours is probably a view not worth reading. But you will still write it, and TWTD will continue to get bogged down with drivel like that.

I don't think you were wrong. Hurst and everything that has followed is a result of the club's awful mismanagement and incompetence, not a sign that Mick was working miracles. He was doing a fair job on a small budget, but his relationship with the fans deteriorated to the point that there was no other option.

In my opinion, that was because Marcus Evans never made clear what they were trying to achieve, never communicated to the fans, never took responsibility for anything. And so Mick came to represent everything that was going wrong with the club. But, while it's a nice message board topic to pick over who was responsible for the way things broke down, either way he was done here.

Hurst was a small-minded, petty and insecure man, with a chip the size of a Wickes Kitchen on his shoulder and a chronic case of small man syndrome. He was intimidated by players who had achieved far more in their career than he had. He was an appalling appointment. But it just wasn't inevitable from the moment Mick was leaving that we'd end up with someone like that, and the cr*pness of Hurst doesn't shine a different light on what Mick did or didn't do, or affect any assessment of the decision to part ways with Mick.
Interview with Bart on 07:59 - Feb 7 with 1651 viewssixpoints

Brilliant thread, in summary, you are sh*te and have been for a considerably long time.

Love it.

OTBC
Interview with Bart on 08:05 - Feb 7 with 1626 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Interview with Bart on 07:59 - Feb 7 by sixpoints

Brilliant thread, in summary, you are sh*te and have been for a considerably long time.

Love it.

OTBC

We really do live rent free in your heads 24/7 don’t we?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Interview with Bart on 08:05 - Feb 7 with 1625 viewsartsbossbeard

Love it.

OTBC

I'd love being the whipping boys week in, week out.

Carry on, I'm arfing every time I (occasionally) watch MOTD.

See you next season.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 8:07]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Is "sixpoints" your expectation for the rest of your season? (n/t) on 13:42 - Feb 7 with 1487 viewsBloots

Love it.

OTBC

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Is "sixpoints" your expectation for the rest of your season? (n/t) on 13:48 - Feb 7 with 1478 viewsSteve_M

Is "sixpoints" your expectation for the rest of your season? (n/t) on 13:42 - Feb 7 by Bloots

More likely they couldn't spell fingers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interview with Bart on 16:02 - Feb 7 with 1424 viewshaynes_toe1

Interview with Bart on 23:31 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

You literally called people thickos earlier in the thread for disagreeing with you.

This thread has been a pretty remarkable read to be fair. Think we've hit peak Dollers.

To be fair my favourite bit was when he (I presume Brixton is Dollers) told me that we were top the other week and that was therefore "the opposite of failure"

Yet regularly finishing (not just temporarily being, but finishing) in the top half consistently was a definite sign of years of a losing mentality.

Funniest poster on this forum to his credit. He obviously doesn't believe what he's saying, no-one is quite that dense so it's clearly a little attention-seeking on his behalf but I quite like it.
Interview with Bart on 20:27 - Feb 7 with 1354 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 16:02 - Feb 7 by haynes_toe1

To be fair my favourite bit was when he (I presume Brixton is Dollers) told me that we were top the other week and that was therefore "the opposite of failure"

Yet regularly finishing (not just temporarily being, but finishing) in the top half consistently was a definite sign of years of a losing mentality.

Funniest poster on this forum to his credit. He obviously doesn't believe what he's saying, no-one is quite that dense so it's clearly a little attention-seeking on his behalf but I quite like it.

How is "top half" (so basically around 12th) remotely comparable with being in first place?

Obviously being top can't remotely be described as "failure" either. In what sort of warped world would top of the league be failure?

You calling me dense is the funniest thing in this thread.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 11:19 - Feb 8 with 1232 viewshaynes_toe1

Interview with Bart on 20:27 - Feb 7 by BrixtonBlue

How is "top half" (so basically around 12th) remotely comparable with being in first place?

Obviously being top can't remotely be described as "failure" either. In what sort of warped world would top of the league be failure?

You calling me dense is the funniest thing in this thread.

Finishing 12th in the league above is significantly better than at some point in the season being top of the league below.

And you wonder why I call you dense.
Interview with Bart on 11:31 - Feb 8 with 1217 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:19 - Feb 8 by haynes_toe1

Finishing 12th in the league above is significantly better than at some point in the season being top of the league below.

And you wonder why I call you dense.

Come on then brains, explain to me how being top is "failure".

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 11:36 - Feb 8 with 1210 viewsDurovigutum

Love it.

OTBC

But we have been the best team in England and the best team in Europe rather than just (temporarily) the best team in East Anglia. Even with 15 years of terrible our aggregated league position is still miles above you.
Interview with Bart on 11:37 - Feb 8 with 1202 viewsHerbivore

Interview with Bart on 11:31 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

Come on then brains, explain to me how being top is "failure".

I think we're failing, it's only really at the end of the season we'll be able to say it's been a failure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interview with Bart on 11:39 - Feb 8 with 1192 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:37 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

I think we're failing, it's only really at the end of the season we'll be able to say it's been a failure.

Indeed, if we've failed to get promoted. Long way to go yet.

Interview with Bart on 11:40 - Feb 8 with 1187 viewsHerbivore

Interview with Bart on 11:39 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed, if we've failed to get promoted. Long way to go yet.

I'm not confident though, Dollers. I don't think Lambert really knows what he's doing.

Interview with Bart on 14:21 - Feb 8 with 1129 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:40 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

I'm not confident though, Dollers. I don't think Lambert really knows what he's doing.

Yeah we know, you said.
Lambert is an experienced manager who's been doing this job for years. As a usually intelligent person, you must see how silly it sounds to say Lambert doesn't know what he's doing.

Interview with Bart on 14:30 - Feb 8 with 1118 viewsHerbivore

Interview with Bart on 14:21 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah we know, you said.
Lambert is an experienced manager who's been doing this job for years. As a usually intelligent person, you must see how silly it sounds to say Lambert doesn't know what he's doing.

When did Lambert last have success as a manager? I'm judging it by what I've seen from him over his 16 months here, combined with his successive run of short term failures prior to coming here. I'd be interested to know, other than him having been a manager for some time, why you think he's competent?

Interview with Bart on 14:45 - Feb 8 with 1104 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 14:30 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

When did Lambert last have success as a manager? I'm judging it by what I've seen from him over his 16 months here, combined with his successive run of short term failures prior to coming here. I'd be interested to know, other than him having been a manager for some time, why you think he's competent?

Why would I need to have any other reason? The fact that he's an experienced manager says that he is competent.

Interview with Bart on 14:47 - Feb 8 with 1099 viewsfooters

Interview with Bart on 14:45 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

Why would I need to have any other reason? The fact that he's an experienced manager says that he is competent.

So's Ian Holloway.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interview with Bart on 14:51 - Feb 8 with 1083 viewsHerbivore

Interview with Bart on 15:30 - Feb 8 with 1059 viewshaynes_toe1

Why did we even bother interviewing for managers if literally any manager who has done the job for a few years is guaranteed to be competent?

This guy..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024