Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38641 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 15:19 - Feb 6 with 3568 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 14:58 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

If I have moved the goalposts repeatedly you ought to be able to point to at least one specific example where I have?

What Healy said plus you initially started from the period of time from the playoff finish to Mick leaving then moved to include after that which didn’t make any sense as the whole point you were arguing was that Lambert struggled because of ‘years and years of losing mentality’.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interview with Bart on 15:26 - Feb 6 with 3547 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 15:11 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

You clearly don’t know what a losing mentality is, especially as referred to be Bart with the clear implication that we didn’t have one until Hurst got here

Where's the implication that we didn't have one?

If you can post anything where Bart says or even intimates we didn't have one before Hurst I'll admit I'm wrong.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 15:29 - Feb 6 with 3530 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 15:19 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

What Healy said plus you initially started from the period of time from the playoff finish to Mick leaving then moved to include after that which didn’t make any sense as the whole point you were arguing was that Lambert struggled because of ‘years and years of losing mentality’.

What?! I only included up to Mick leaving? So I never included Hurst in the losing mentality? Can you link to where this happened? This should be good...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 15:36 - Feb 6 with 3500 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 15:29 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

What?! I only included up to Mick leaving? So I never included Hurst in the losing mentality? Can you link to where this happened? This should be good...

In literally the last post before this one you’re trying to argue that the losing mentality was in place before Hurst was here I.e. when Mick was in charge.

Interview with Bart on 15:42 - Feb 6 with 3475 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 15:36 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

In literally the last post before this one you’re trying to argue that the losing mentality was in place before Hurst was here I.e. when Mick was in charge.

eh? You've lost it mate!

You said, "you initially started from the period of time from the playoff finish to Mick leaving." No, I've included from the play-off finish until now, the entire way though.

You seem to have confused yourself in your desperation to trip me up.

Now I'll ask again, where have I moved the goalposts?

Interview with Bart on 15:49 - Feb 6 with 3432 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 15:42 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

eh? You've lost it mate!

You said, "you initially started from the period of time from the playoff finish to Mick leaving." No, I've included from the play-off finish until now, the entire way though.

LarkHenners was wrong there however you including the period until now IS moving the goalposts, as no one is arguing that a losing mentality didn’t set in under Hurst. Therefore just quoting that we dropped from a playoff finish to League One in 5 years is completely misleading

The point everyone else is arguing is that the losing mentality hasn’t been in place for ‘years and years’, and that it in fact started with Hurst in 2018/19. Therefore only what happened prior to that is relevant, which was 4 top half finishes in 5 years, winning more games than we lost over that period and indeed improving our finishing position the season prior which by your own metric is the opposite of a losing mentality

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 15:51 - Feb 6 with 3433 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 15:42 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

eh? You've lost it mate!

Your very first post on this thread was about Lambert not being to blame for relegation due to ‘years and years of a losing mentality’ which you then set a start point of after the playoff finish. How is this season relevant to that point?

Interview with Bart on 15:54 - Feb 6 with 3425 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 15:49 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LarkHenners was wrong there however you including the period until now IS moving the goalposts, as no one is arguing that a losing mentality didn’t set in under Hurst. Therefore just quoting that we dropped from a playoff finish to League One in 5 years is completely misleading

The point everyone else is arguing is that the losing mentality hasn’t been in place for ‘years and years’, and that it in fact started with Hurst in 2018/19. Therefore only what happened prior to that is relevant, which was 4 top half finishes in 5 years, winning more games than we lost over that period and indeed improving our finishing position the season prior which by your own metric is the opposite of a losing mentality

Not wrong. Only going by his rationale. If he wants to include Hurst’s games he can but it changes absolutely nothing to the point he started making which he seems to have forgotten which is causing him problems.

Login to get fewer ads

Agreed, we do need to...... on 15:56 - Feb 6 with 3416 viewsnodge_blue

Agreed, we do need to...... on 12:39 - Feb 6 by Bloots

...."now knee jerk into another manager"

Well said.

I was wondering whether to edit that after I posted it, but thought no one would be pedantic enough to say anything...........
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 19:54]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Capital "I". Cheers. (n/t) on 15:58 - Feb 6 with 3406 viewsBloots

Agreed, we do need to...... on 15:56 - Feb 6 by nodge_blue

I was wondering whether to edit that after I posted it, but thought no one would be pedantic enough to say anything...........
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 19:54]

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Interview with Bart on 16:03 - Feb 6 with 3379 viewsRadlett_blue

Interview with Bart on 15:11 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

You clearly don’t know what a losing mentality is, especially as referred to be Bart with the clear implication that we didn’t have one until Hurst got here

Shows how fragile the confidence of a football team can be. Yes, we replaced Mcgoldrick, Webster, Garner & Waghorn with lower league players & I guess the experienced Town players quickly saw most of the newcomers weren't good enough. Most of them look no more than average in League 1.
It also seems that the players liked & totally respected Mick, but what little respect they had for Hurst (you have to earn respect) went out of the window after he abused them after losing at Exeter.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Interview with Bart on 16:04 - Feb 6 with 3366 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 15:51 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

Your very first post on this thread was about Lambert not being to blame for relegation due to ‘years and years of a losing mentality’ which you then set a start point of after the playoff finish. How is this season relevant to that point?

This season isn't really relevant no. But this is yet again another different point you're making. It's you who's moving the goalposts!

From the play-off season onwards has been a downward spiral. You don't really need to mention the end point as it's irrelevant to the discussion, but no, if you want to be pedantic, this season we've been near the top most of the time.

But again, how is any of this relevant to the discussion at hand? My point is that Lambert inherited a team that's been on a downward spiral with a losing mentality for years, and that it is therefore wrong to blame him for our relegation. Particularly when Bart has said the players thought they were going down even before Lambert arrived.

This is my whole argument. The lion's share of the blame for our relegation is Hurst's. He sold off our best players and replaced them with dross.

Interview with Bart on 16:06 - Feb 6 with 3359 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 15:54 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

Not wrong. Only going by his rationale. If he wants to include Hurst’s games he can but it changes absolutely nothing to the point he started making which he seems to have forgotten which is causing him problems.

Of course I'm including Hurst's games you halfwit!

Show me one place where I have said it was only during Mick's games!

Jesus wept.

Interview with Bart on 16:11 - Feb 6 with 3346 viewsNewcyBlue

Interview with Bart on 09:35 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Wow, the top half of the Championship. Whoopdy do.

Of course we've had years and years of a losing mentality. You're just wrong.

Don’t be daft Dollers.

What do you use to quantify “years and years of a losing mentality”?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Interview with Bart on 16:18 - Feb 6 with 3323 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 16:11 - Feb 6 by NewcyBlue

Don’t be daft Dollers.

What do you use to quantify “years and years of a losing mentality”?

Roll up, roll up, here comes another one.

Read the thread mate, it's all there. I've explained it countless times.

Interview with Bart on 16:19 - Feb 6 with 3318 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 16:06 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Of course I'm including Hurst's games you halfwit!

Show me one place where I have said it was only during Mick's games!

Jesus wept.

I already did. You won’t agree because you didn’t say the exact phrase but your arguments in this thread make no sense without that being implied.

Your commitment to making borderline absurd claims before doubling down and twisting around them several times and still claim that everyone else is wrong is somewhat commendable. I really don’t have the energy for that.

Interview with Bart on 16:25 - Feb 6 with 3292 viewsNewcyBlue

Interview with Bart on 16:18 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Roll up, roll up, here comes another one.

Read the thread mate, it's all there. I've explained it countless times.

I have read the thread mate. It just doesn’t make sense.

A downward trajectory and a losing mentality are different.

I agree, we have gone downwards since the play off season. I disagree it’s been a losing mentality since then.

If we had had a losing mentality so ingrained then I would suggest our relegation would have happened sooner.

What do you think constitutes a losing mentality?

How many games did we go behind in and not get anything from? What was our longest losing run in that time period?

Interview with Bart on 16:41 - Feb 6 with 3256 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Interview with Bart on 09:53 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

You need to check your history mate. Another one who's wrong.

What bizarrely incredible internetting.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Interview with Bart on 16:57 - Feb 6 with 3233 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 16:19 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

I already did. You won’t agree because you didn’t say the exact phrase but your arguments in this thread make no sense without that being implied.

Your commitment to making borderline absurd claims before doubling down and twisting around them several times and still claim that everyone else is wrong is somewhat commendable. I really don’t have the energy for that.

LOL. You're talking absolute nonsense mate. I have consistently said we've gone downhill since the play-off season and I obviously include Hurst in that because my point has always been that he's to blame for our relegation.

I've not twisted anything or made any absurd claims. You appear confused.

Interview with Bart on 17:02 - Feb 6 with 3221 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 16:25 - Feb 6 by NewcyBlue

I have read the thread mate. It just doesn’t make sense.

A downward trajectory and a losing mentality are different.

I agree, we have gone downwards since the play off season. I disagree it’s been a losing mentality since then.

If we had had a losing mentality so ingrained then I would suggest our relegation would have happened sooner.

What do you think constitutes a losing mentality?

How many games did we go behind in and not get anything from? What was our longest losing run in that time period?

I think if it hadn't been for Mick yes, it definitely would have happened sooner.

A losing mentality is not believing in yourself. This club hasn't believed in itself for years. How many times in the last few years have you gone to a game truly believing we'd win? I don't think I've regularly felt like that since the days of Burley.

Interview with Bart on 17:07 - Feb 6 with 3211 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 16:41 - Feb 6 by The_Romford_Blue

What bizarrely incredible internetting.

Are you gonna contribute anything to the discussion Rommers or just look down on others from your high horse?

I can't believe there's anything "incredible" in the suggestion we've had a losing mentality for years. I'd imagine outsiders looking at ITFC would likely think that. We certainly haven't had a winning one for a long time.

Interview with Bart on 17:08 - Feb 6 with 3209 viewsNewcyBlue

Interview with Bart on 17:02 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I think if it hadn't been for Mick yes, it definitely would have happened sooner.

A losing mentality is not believing in yourself. This club hasn't believed in itself for years. How many times in the last few years have you gone to a game truly believing we'd win? I don't think I've regularly felt like that since the days of Burley.

Where do you think the lack of belief comes from?

I think we had confidence because of Mick. That he would find cheap gems and polish them up.

He wasn’t backed as much as other managers. But, besides the play off season, we never had a really roaring season.

I think because things have been run on a shoestring budget, we never stood a chance.

Interview with Bart on 17:12 - Feb 6 with 3199 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 17:08 - Feb 6 by NewcyBlue

Where do you think the lack of belief comes from?

I think we had confidence because of Mick. That he would find cheap gems and polish them up.

He wasn’t backed as much as other managers. But, besides the play off season, we never had a really roaring season.

I think because things have been run on a shoestring budget, we never stood a chance.

Oh for sure. Agree with all of that.

Interview with Bart on 17:13 - Feb 6 with 3196 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 15:26 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Where's the implication that we didn't have one?

If you can post anything where Bart says or even intimates we didn't have one before Hurst I'll admit I'm wrong.

I guess you couldn't find anything then Joe?

Interview with Bart on 17:15 - Feb 6 with 3194 viewsNewcyBlue

Interview with Bart on 17:12 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Oh for sure. Agree with all of that.

Rather than years of a losing mentality, we’ve had years of lack of investment in, not only in our squad, but our mentality, the stadium, the future.

It now seems that some of that may be getting rectified, but we need a bit of a change in mentality from the very top.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024