Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38438 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 10:47 - Feb 6 with 4332 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 10:43 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Showing your colours with your last sentence there. As I suspected. You're re-writing history because you're a Lambert-outer. Mick had us finish in our worst position for 60 years. How on earth you can call that "a good job" is beyond me.

Probably because he also led us to our 2 best finishes of the last 15 years, whilst working under a budget that placed us in the bottom quarter of Championship teams

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 10:47 - Feb 6 with 4335 viewsJ4ck22

Interview with Bart on 10:37 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Ok, if you won't accept my evidence shown so far, how about this one. Bart says himself in the article that we had a losing mentality when Lambert came in.

Who to believe?! Bart or you numpties on here?!

He was probably talking about that specific season after Hurst's nightmare. I doubt he was referring to any point before that, especially with how fondly he talks about Mick.
Interview with Bart on 10:47 - Feb 6 with 4330 viewschicoazul

Ok, if you won't accept my evidence shown so far, how about this one. Bart says himself in the article that we had a losing mentality when Lambert came in.

That's not "years" though is it, as you claim. In fact parsing his statements he seems to think the spirit was very good until Hurst arrived. So the idea we have had a losing mentality for years and that's responsible for where we are is just utter nonsense.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interview with Bart on 10:54 - Feb 6 with 4300 viewsitfcjoe

Did he say we’d had a losing mentality under Mick then, for the years and years previously? Quite the opposite

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interview with Bart on 11:07 - Feb 6 with 4263 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:47 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably because he also led us to our 2 best finishes of the last 15 years, whilst working under a budget that placed us in the bottom quarter of Championship teams

You're arguing a different point here, none of which I dispute.

It's almost like you see my name and try to think of any way you can have a pop at me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 11:07 - Feb 6 with 4264 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 10:42 - Feb 6 by PJH

I have no argument with that and Bart's interview seems to confirm that.
I just want my man MM exonerated from blame for the situation that we are in now.

It is however slightly interesting that clubs always go into demise when Mick leaves them. This may be indeed because he is a very good Manager - BCWYWF and all that - and it may also be because he traditionally works at clubs who are always at risk of short term decay.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Interview with Bart on 11:08 - Feb 6 with 4258 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:47 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

That's not "years" though is it, as you claim. In fact parsing his statements he seems to think the spirit was very good until Hurst arrived. So the idea we have had a losing mentality for years and that's responsible for where we are is just utter nonsense.

In Mick's last season we finished our lowest placing for 60 years. But no, we didn't have a losing mentality.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 11:10 - Feb 6 with 4251 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:54 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

Did he say we’d had a losing mentality under Mick then, for the years and years previously? Quite the opposite

The previous year, Mick's last, we finished in our lowest position for 60 years. Hardly a winning mentality was it?

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 11:10 - Feb 6 with 4251 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 11:08 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

In Mick's last season we finished our lowest placing for 60 years. But no, we didn't have a losing mentality.

That's not "years and years" either though is it. Nor is it evidence of a "losing mentality". You're having a nightmare here

Interview with Bart on 11:12 - Feb 6 with 4238 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 11:10 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

The previous year, Mick's last, we finished in our lowest position for 60 years. Hardly a winning mentality was it?

So if only we had a "winning mentality" we would be doing much better.

Interview with Bart on 11:19 - Feb 6 with 4219 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:10 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

That's not "years and years" either though is it. Nor is it evidence of a "losing mentality". You're having a nightmare here

Not at all. We went from play-off contenders (just about) to rock bottom and League 1 over the course of 5 years. And Bart said we already had a losing mentality when Lambert arrived.

You can pick apart my throwaway "years and years" term if you want, but frankly that's picking on a minor point.

The main point is that Lambert had a hell of a job to turn us around. We were rubbish, devoid of confidence as well as ability, many of the team were inexperienced at Champ level, and we had a losing mentality as evidenced by Bart. Jurgen Klopp coming in would've struggled with that mix and yet some of you want to blame Lambert for relegation!

Bonkers.

Interview with Bart on 11:21 - Feb 6 with 4212 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:12 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

So if only we had a "winning mentality" we would be doing much better.

Where have I said anywhere that it was ONLY down to our mentality?

You're having a nightmare here.

Interview with Bart on 11:22 - Feb 6 with 4209 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 11:08 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

And the year after, we finished 12th - so that season stuck out as an anomaly.

If we’d have had a losing mentality that year we’d have gone down

You’ve tied yourself in knots here

Interview with Bart on 11:22 - Feb 6 with 4209 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 11:19 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Not at all. We went from play-off contenders (just about) to rock bottom and League 1 over the course of 5 years. And Bart said we already had a losing mentality when Lambert arrived.

You can pick apart my throwaway "years and years" term if you want, but frankly that's picking on a minor point.

The main point is that Lambert had a hell of a job to turn us around. We were rubbish, devoid of confidence as well as ability, many of the team were inexperienced at Champ level, and we had a losing mentality as evidenced by Bart. Jurgen Klopp coming in would've struggled with that mix and yet some of you want to blame Lambert for relegation!

Bonkers.

In no way whatsoever is our progress over that time frame evidence of a "losing mentality". You should just admit this was a stupid thing to say, rather than trying to move the argument on all the time, people may think you're stupid otherwise.

Interview with Bart on 11:24 - Feb 6 with 4201 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 11:21 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Where have I said anywhere that it was ONLY down to our mentality?

You're having a nightmare here.

So it's a little more complex than that is it? So in that case nobody was "wrong" at all, as you accused them of being earlier? Because opinions can't be wrong, as you told us all before.

Interview with Bart on 11:24 - Feb 6 with 4203 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Interview with Bart on 10:02 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I didn't say it's all the other bloke's fault. But it's mostly the other bloke's fault.
Jurgen Klopp would've struggled to keep that rabble up.

What makes me laugh is the short memory of many on here, and the need to blame the guy in the job right now, regardless of any context. It happens time and time again.

There's just so little patience these days. You want this lumbering ship full of holes turned round and turned into a speedboat overnight. Mick made the best attempt in recent years but even he took us to our lowest finish since the 50's.

ITFC is a much tough job than you realise.

Lambert is clearly not doing a great job, and he clearly did not do a great job last season. He is struggling, but so has every manager appointed by Marcus Evans, despite having been relatively successful before coming here. Why is that?

There is no (management) structure for the manager to effortless slip into. Clegg (puppet), Milne (puppet) and now Marcus Evans part time, assisted by Lee O`Neil have been the owner's choices to oversee the managing of this club. None of them had/have the relevant background and experience, so it is left up to the newly appointed manager to manage everything himself, even down to supporter liaison. It is no surprise that successive managers have hinted that the club is not run correctly.

The problems with ME are not just about money. Decision making is key. It is about putting the right structure in place, employing experienced people and motivating them to achieve more than they thought possible. MM did a remarkable job under the circumstances, but we were still sliding backwards under his tenure.

ME from the very beginning wanted a short term return on his investment, and that short termism prevails. He has no long term vision for the club and does not consider putting a structure in place for the longer term. Instead, we go from one manager to the next, putting all our faith in their ability, hoping for success, and then sacking them when they ultimately fail.
Interview with Bart on 11:26 - Feb 6 with 4194 viewspatrickswell

Interview with Bart on 10:16 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

This isn't opinion though. It's a fact that Ipswich have been on a downhill trajectory for years. We made the play-offs 5 years ago. We're now in League 1.

Nice to see you jumping on the kick Dolly bandwagon. Anymore for anymore?

I've only come it at page 2 on this, so apologies if I'm repeating what someone else has said. I see what you're getting at over a losing mentality, but it didn't quite play out that way under Mick's last couple of seasons. What we did get into a mentality of is failing to win big games or converting draws to wins, which has arguably still hung around us since then. The 16th place finish in 16-17 would have been improved had we manged to win games we drew against Reading, Brighton, Norwich, Leeds & Brentford over February/March 2017 and we led in all of those games. Likewise in 2017/18, we were on Sky 3 times (from memory) and two of them ended in draws because we conceded in the 94th minute (Sheffield Weds and Norwich). So a poor mentality was in place for a while now, just Mick's teams were usually savvy enough to come away with something from most games.
Interview with Bart on 11:30 - Feb 6 with 4172 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:22 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

And the year after, we finished 12th - so that season stuck out as an anomaly.

If we’d have had a losing mentality that year we’d have gone down

You’ve tied yourself in knots here

We improved by 5 points. It's nothing. The overall trend has been downwards for years.

Interview with Bart on 11:32 - Feb 6 with 4166 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 11:30 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

We improved by 5 points. It's nothing. The overall trend has been downwards for years.

People aren’t denying that, they are talking about this losing mentality we’ve apparently had for years and years despite punching above our weight consistently

Interview with Bart on 11:32 - Feb 6 with 4166 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 10:43 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Showing your colours with your last sentence there. As I suspected. You're re-writing history because you're a Lambert-outer. Mick had us finish in our worst position for 60 years. How on earth you can call that "a good job" is beyond me.

That 16th place was pretty clearly a blip against the other top half finishes. Besides, whether finishing 16th is a good job or not isn’t even the point you made in the first place.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interview with Bart on 11:34 - Feb 6 with 4156 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:22 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

In no way whatsoever is our progress over that time frame evidence of a "losing mentality". You should just admit this was a stupid thing to say, rather than trying to move the argument on all the time, people may think you're stupid otherwise.

Nope. I'm sticking by it. We've had a losing mentality for years and I've given strong evidence of why I believe this. Without Mick we'd have been down sooner. His pragmatic football was a stay of execution but the downward trend has existed for a long time.

Interview with Bart on 11:36 - Feb 6 with 4147 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:24 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

So it's a little more complex than that is it? So in that case nobody was "wrong" at all, as you accused them of being earlier? Because opinions can't be wrong, as you told us all before.

Answer the question: Where have I said anywhere that it was ONLY down to our mentality?
Where have I said anywhere that it ISN'T a little more complex?

Interview with Bart on 11:40 - Feb 6 with 4139 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:24 - Feb 6 by FrankfurtBlue

Lambert is clearly not doing a great job, and he clearly did not do a great job last season. He is struggling, but so has every manager appointed by Marcus Evans, despite having been relatively successful before coming here. Why is that?

There is no (management) structure for the manager to effortless slip into. Clegg (puppet), Milne (puppet) and now Marcus Evans part time, assisted by Lee O`Neil have been the owner's choices to oversee the managing of this club. None of them had/have the relevant background and experience, so it is left up to the newly appointed manager to manage everything himself, even down to supporter liaison. It is no surprise that successive managers have hinted that the club is not run correctly.

The problems with ME are not just about money. Decision making is key. It is about putting the right structure in place, employing experienced people and motivating them to achieve more than they thought possible. MM did a remarkable job under the circumstances, but we were still sliding backwards under his tenure.

ME from the very beginning wanted a short term return on his investment, and that short termism prevails. He has no long term vision for the club and does not consider putting a structure in place for the longer term. Instead, we go from one manager to the next, putting all our faith in their ability, hoping for success, and then sacking them when they ultimately fail.

Absolutely, totally agree with this post.

Glad you agree with me that we were still sliding backwards under Mick, despite the overall good job he was doing.

It's not really the manager that's the problem at this club.

Interview with Bart on 11:41 - Feb 6 with 4130 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:26 - Feb 6 by patrickswell

I've only come it at page 2 on this, so apologies if I'm repeating what someone else has said. I see what you're getting at over a losing mentality, but it didn't quite play out that way under Mick's last couple of seasons. What we did get into a mentality of is failing to win big games or converting draws to wins, which has arguably still hung around us since then. The 16th place finish in 16-17 would have been improved had we manged to win games we drew against Reading, Brighton, Norwich, Leeds & Brentford over February/March 2017 and we led in all of those games. Likewise in 2017/18, we were on Sky 3 times (from memory) and two of them ended in draws because we conceded in the 94th minute (Sheffield Weds and Norwich). So a poor mentality was in place for a while now, just Mick's teams were usually savvy enough to come away with something from most games.

Yep, totally agree with this.

Interview with Bart on 11:41 - Feb 6 with 4131 viewsthatdamgood89

Great read, although some of it as you would expect is the predictable cut and paste media job.

I do know that there is so much more to come from the Hurst saga that it will be spoken about in many years to come. Depressing chapter in the clubs history

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024