Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38651 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 17:50 - Feb 6 with 6313 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 17:15 - Feb 6 by NewcyBlue

Rather than years of a losing mentality, we’ve had years of lack of investment in, not only in our squad, but our mentality, the stadium, the future.

It now seems that some of that may be getting rectified, but we need a bit of a change in mentality from the very top.

Yeah I like what someone else said about a proper, experienced director of football, and having an ethos we stick to.

And of course, a new owner with more money to burn than Marcus.

Having said that, some of the money aspect can be mitigated by growing your own players, which seems to have improved since Klug came back.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 6285 viewsNewcyBlue

Interview with Bart on 17:50 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah I like what someone else said about a proper, experienced director of football, and having an ethos we stick to.

And of course, a new owner with more money to burn than Marcus.

Having said that, some of the money aspect can be mitigated by growing your own players, which seems to have improved since Klug came back.

So really it’s not a losing mentally. It’s a lack of direction.

It’s a lack of additional funding above and beyond staying in the championship. It’s funding the wrong managers, and running a Poundland budget.

The winning mentality was there, Mick had it, the players had it. What happened? We sold Murphy and replaced him with Best. McGoldrick left for free. Cresswell and Mings both went.

We had some very very good players, we kept hold of players at times and let others go at times.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Interview with Bart on 18:03 - Feb 6 with 6289 viewsGarv

I always got the impression Lambert was basically doing anything and everything to protect the players' confidence and shield them from any negativity. I still feel like that now.

None of this can excuse poor results, necessarily, but it shows the weak mentality within the squad, certainly bad then, and perhaps still now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Interview with Bart on 18:18 - Feb 6 with 6257 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 18:02 - Feb 6 by NewcyBlue

So really it’s not a losing mentally. It’s a lack of direction.

It’s a lack of additional funding above and beyond staying in the championship. It’s funding the wrong managers, and running a Poundland budget.

The winning mentality was there, Mick had it, the players had it. What happened? We sold Murphy and replaced him with Best. McGoldrick left for free. Cresswell and Mings both went.

We had some very very good players, we kept hold of players at times and let others go at times.

I think it's a bit of both to be honest. We clearly did have a losing mentality the fact that when Lambert came in the senior players didn't think we could survive despite a lot of the season to play for (as Bart has said).

And I think it's an ethos rather than a direction that we lack, although I guess the two are similar. Evans knows the direction he wants but he doesn't know how to do it (or can't afford to).

I do think having proper, experienced football people running the show would be a massive help.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 18:26 - Feb 6 with 6242 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 18:18 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I think it's a bit of both to be honest. We clearly did have a losing mentality the fact that when Lambert came in the senior players didn't think we could survive despite a lot of the season to play for (as Bart has said).

And I think it's an ethos rather than a direction that we lack, although I guess the two are similar. Evans knows the direction he wants but he doesn't know how to do it (or can't afford to).

I do think having proper, experienced football people running the show would be a massive help.

"We clearly did have a losing mentality"

Just not for "years and years" like you said, which was a very stupid opinion to hold.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interview with Bart on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 6240 viewsNewcyBlue

Interview with Bart on 18:18 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I think this losing mentality started with Hurst.

Before that we were just running on a budget far below that which would continue to keep us in the Championship. We were fortunate to have a manager who could pick up the odd gem and managed to win enough matches.

The losing mentality started when the quality of the management team went down.

Interview with Bart on 18:40 - Feb 6 with 6215 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 18:26 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

"We clearly did have a losing mentality"

Just not for "years and years" like you said, which was a very stupid opinion to hold.

Just because you don't like an opinion doesn't make it stupid.

Interview with Bart on 18:52 - Feb 6 with 6187 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 18:27 - Feb 6 by NewcyBlue

I think this losing mentality started with Hurst.

Before that we were just running on a budget far below that which would continue to keep us in the Championship. We were fortunate to have a manager who could pick up the odd gem and managed to win enough matches.

The losing mentality started when the quality of the management team went down.

I disagree but I'm not going through all that again. I think Mick papered over cracks that were already there.

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 18:54 - Feb 6 with 6181 viewsNewcyBlue

Interview with Bart on 18:52 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I disagree but I'm not going through all that again. I think Mick papered over cracks that were already there.

Fair enough.

I think you’re wrong though. I think we didn’t have a losing mentality under Mick, but neither did we have a winning mentality. We made up the numbers in the league.

Interview with Bart on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 6142 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Interview with Bart on 12:56 - Feb 6 by LevelTheLand

As someone who rarely posts, so has no personal issue with yourself. You are talking utter nonsense.

We did not have 'years and years' of a losing mentality. We had a season where we made the play-offs (scraped the play-offs, just to keep you happy), followed by a few seasons of mostly top half finishes. Still better than anything we had experienced under the previous 2 managers. Bart clearly says in the article that moods dropped after Mick left, then dropped further shortly after Hurst arrived at which point a losing mentality started to set in. Which, regrettably, Lambert wasn't able to fix.

You have since changed your stance to 'downward trajectory' which is a slightly better way of describing our form after the play-off season. But you seem to be trying to pin more blame on Mick for our current position than Lambert. And whilst we were relegated by Hurst long before PL took over, he is to blame for our questionable performances this season, for which people are right to question if he is the right man for the job.

Lambert's failure from last season is only a part of the problem. The players didn't help him out at all. The experienced ones, proper blokes they were all awful and they ought to have been accountable for the relegation too.

Just two games for example. Reading away 2-2 draw and the late equaliser for them. If that lazy bag of s**t Knudsen was had moved his ass to help Pennington out we might not have conceded that goal. How can you blame Lambert for the lack of attitude from Knudsen? Number of people will never slate Knudsen though for his poor performances because he said 'nice things' about mccarthy.

Another one is the 2-3 home defeat to Bristol City and the manner in which we gifted them all three goals. Our defence from that day bar Pennington was full of experienced pros and 'proper blokes'. Really awful and schoolboy defending from the players proven at that level. Why blaming Lambert entirely? Why not to question players' attitude?

Lambert failed last season, yes. But so did the players especially those who had been with us for a while.
Interview with Bart on 19:54 - Feb 6 with 6128 viewstractorboy1978

Interview with Bart on 19:42 - Feb 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Lambert's failure from last season is only a part of the problem. The players didn't help him out at all. The experienced ones, proper blokes they were all awful and they ought to have been accountable for the relegation too.

Just two games for example. Reading away 2-2 draw and the late equaliser for them. If that lazy bag of s**t Knudsen was had moved his ass to help Pennington out we might not have conceded that goal. How can you blame Lambert for the lack of attitude from Knudsen? Number of people will never slate Knudsen though for his poor performances because he said 'nice things' about mccarthy.

Another one is the 2-3 home defeat to Bristol City and the manner in which we gifted them all three goals. Our defence from that day bar Pennington was full of experienced pros and 'proper blokes'. Really awful and schoolboy defending from the players proven at that level. Why blaming Lambert entirely? Why not to question players' attitude?

Lambert failed last season, yes. But so did the players especially those who had been with us for a while.

It boils down to the fact we had a turd squad at Championship level. Jordan Spence and Jordan Roberts aren't even L1 quality and both were regular starters at the start of Lambert's tenure. Pennington can't get a kick at Hull this season (a bang average side).
Capital "I". Cheers. (n/t) on 19:57 - Feb 6 with 6116 viewsnodge_blue

Capital "I". Cheers. (n/t) on 15:58 - Feb 6 by Bloots

Sorted.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Interview with Bart on 20:19 - Feb 6 with 6091 viewsDurovigutum

Interview with Bart on 18:52 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Do you mean we were "fragile" rather than had a losing mentality pre-Hurst? I can understand that view as we bottle crunch games, especially the derbies, probably since the Bolton game (or perhaps the Charlton game) in the relegation season under Burley. We just don't have the belief to do the sort of turnaround that we have seen once in a decade many moons ago against Sheff Utd when down to ten men, 2-0 down and won?

MM was grit and grind, but he could get every last ounce out of a player, perhaps being a bit too loyal to them in the process. He is excellent at what he does, which matched the owners ambition, but you could see what he wanted/tried to do and was unable to deliver for the lack of a couple of million quid - perhaps the amount of money relegation and a paid off manager cost us?
Interview with Bart on 20:36 - Feb 6 with 6067 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 18:40 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

That's true but it's still stupid.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interview with Bart on 20:53 - Feb 6 with 6037 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 17:02 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I think if it hadn't been for Mick yes, it definitely would have happened sooner.

A losing mentality is not believing in yourself. This club hasn't believed in itself for years. How many times in the last few years have you gone to a game truly believing we'd win? I don't think I've regularly felt like that since the days of Burley.

Even if the last part was true, which I’d dispute, surely a losing mentality would be expecting to lose?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 20:53 - Feb 6 with 6036 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahaha

Never change Mach

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 21:58 - Feb 6 with 6003 viewsCBBlue

Interview with Bart on 14:07 - Feb 6 by footers

Got to go out soon? Sounds like a losing mentality, tbh.

Haha yes although there's definitely one poster on here without that losing mentality...he's now spent 8 pages refusing to give up. Put him in the team I say, tenacity like that when it's obvious you're losing is exactly what we need.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Interview with Bart on 23:02 - Feb 6 with 5944 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 20:36 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

That's true but it's still stupid.

It's not half as stupid as most of the stuff you come out with on a daily basis.

Interview with Bart on 23:31 - Feb 6 with 5911 viewsHerbivore

Interview with Bart on 18:40 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

You literally called people thickos earlier in the thread for disagreeing with you.

This thread has been a pretty remarkable read to be fair. Think we've hit peak Dollers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interview with Bart on 23:59 - Feb 6 with 5880 viewsreusersfreekicks

Interview with Bart on 16:18 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Roll up, roll up, here comes another one.

Read the thread mate, it's all there. I've explained it countless times.

Sorry to say but you are having a mare on this thread. Teams with a losing mentality don't win much so by definition wouldn't be in the mid table region. Your logic is completely flawed as others, to no effect, have pointed out to you.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 0:05]
Interview with Bart on 00:35 - Feb 7 with 5855 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Interview with Bart on 17:07 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Are you gonna contribute anything to the discussion Rommers or just look down on others from your high horse?

I can't believe there's anything "incredible" in the suggestion we've had a losing mentality for years. I'd imagine outsiders looking at ITFC would likely think that. We certainly haven't had a winning one for a long time.

You literally just kept repeating that people’s opinion ‘are wrong’. Opinions can’t be wrong.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Interview with Bart on 01:04 - Feb 7 with 5826 viewsStNeotsBlue

Interview with Bart on 00:35 - Feb 7 by The_Romford_Blue

You literally just kept repeating that people’s opinion ‘are wrong’. Opinions can’t be wrong.

I'm of the opinion they can be.
Interview with Bart on 06:12 - Feb 7 with 5736 viewseireblue

Interview with Bart on 01:04 - Feb 7 by StNeotsBlue

I'm of the opinion they can be.

Your opinion, is correct.

A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: synonym: view.
n. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert.
n. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing.

Of course they can be wrong.

And just before someone says,.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_entitled_to_my_opinion
Interview with Bart on 06:31 - Feb 7 with 5717 viewspowinswitch

The sadness is the divisions, particularly evident on here and exemplified in this thread. I was pleased that Mick left. In my view the right man when he arrived, who overstayed, by a year and a bit. Was he a bad man no. Was he doing his best absolutely. The awful abuse I hear he was subjected to is a blight on us.

What has the period since he left brought, relegation, two managers and to be honest football that is generally poor and seemingly without strategic direction. Are we better off without him. Probably not. Was I wrong, well the evidence suggests I was, but i would not now be attending if mick has stayed.

I’d like to believe that those who come on here want the best for the club. It seems we can’t discuss how to achieve that without shouting down the other person’s view. It’s my way or the Stevie Heighway.

If you’re are not willing to listen to other people’s point of view then yours is probably a view not worth reading. But you will still write it, and TWTD will continue to get bogged down with drivel like that.
Interview with Bart on 07:42 - Feb 7 with 5642 viewsBlueAllOver

You are strange. You hate Jonas because of what he said about MM. who you hate despite him being the best manager we have had in the decade.

Lambert is so bad compared to MM but you carry on with your bile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024