Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38440 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 11:46 - Feb 6 with 3743 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:32 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

That 16th place was pretty clearly a blip against the other top half finishes. Besides, whether finishing 16th is a good job or not isn’t even the point you made in the first place.

I was just responding to your "good job" point. The worst position in 60 years can't in any way be described as a "good job."

I would also dispute that the 16th place "was clearly a blip". If you look at what's come since it's actually more of an indication of where we were heading. If anything the 12th place finish was a blip. Apart from that year, every year we finished lower than the previous one.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 11:46 - Feb 6 with 3751 viewsartsbossbeard

Bart reiterating what I was telling anyone who would listen at the time.

It's only fair that Keanish now puts Bart on ignore too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Interview with Bart on 11:54 - Feb 6 with 3717 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 11:36 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Answer the question: Where have I said anywhere that it was ONLY down to our mentality?
Where have I said anywhere that it ISN'T a little more complex?

So if it is a little more complex, why did you seek to belittle someone and say they were "wrong"? Opinions can't be wrong as you have told us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interview with Bart on 11:55 - Feb 6 with 3705 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 11:07 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

You're arguing a different point here, none of which I dispute.

It's almost like you see my name and try to think of any way you can have a pop at me.

That’s the second time in a week you’ve come out with that one

I don’t have a pop at you because of your name, I posted as I disagreed with the point you made, told you why and continued to do so as you doubled and trebled down on it, moving the goalposts and throwing out abuse to other posters to boot

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 11:55 - Feb 6 with 3715 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 11:34 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Nope. I'm sticking by it. We've had a losing mentality for years and I've given strong evidence of why I believe this. Without Mick we'd have been down sooner. His pragmatic football was a stay of execution but the downward trend has existed for a long time.

Wrong.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Interview with Bart on 11:56 - Feb 6 with 3690 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 11:08 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

In Mick's last season we finished our lowest placing for 60 years. But no, we didn't have a losing mentality.

No we didn’t, in Mick’s last season we finished 12th

Interview with Bart on 12:05 - Feb 6 with 3662 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:54 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

So if it is a little more complex, why did you seek to belittle someone and say they were "wrong"? Opinions can't be wrong as you have told us.

I said he was wrong for saying we didn't have a losing mentality. I didn't say anything about any other factors that have contributed to our demise, which is why I guess you won't answer the question. You've ascribed something to me I didn't say.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 12:07 - Feb 6 with 3657 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Interview with Bart on 11:46 - Feb 6 by artsbossbeard

Right. Nothing new.
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 12:09 - Feb 6 with 3653 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:55 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s the second time in a week you’ve come out with that one

I don’t have a pop at you because of your name, I posted as I disagreed with the point you made, told you why and continued to do so as you doubled and trebled down on it, moving the goalposts and throwing out abuse to other posters to boot

Where have I moved goalposts? My position has remained the same all along.

You have disagreed with everything I've posted on here for years. If I said there's a Y in the day you'd argue the toss with me about it. Think it's time you went on ignore.

Interview with Bart on 12:10 - Feb 6 with 3643 viewsKieran_Knows

Interview with Bart on 11:46 - Feb 6 by artsbossbeard

Hurst really was a kn0b, wasn't he?

*waits patiently for PositivelyPortman to come along and tell me to get over Hurst, he's left etc etc etc.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Interview with Bart on 12:11 - Feb 6 with 3635 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 11:56 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I clearly meant the year before. It's not the point though is it. The point is he had us finishing in our worst position for 60 years.

Goodbye.

Interview with Bart on 12:14 - Feb 6 with 3622 viewschicoazul

Interview with Bart on 11:56 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Whoops!

Interview with Bart on 12:22 - Feb 6 with 3596 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 11:46 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I was just responding to your "good job" point. The worst position in 60 years can't in any way be described as a "good job."

I would also dispute that the 16th place "was clearly a blip". If you look at what's come since it's actually more of an indication of where we were heading. If anything the 12th place finish was a blip. Apart from that year, every year we finished lower than the previous one.

When Mick came in we were bottom and had previously finished 15th

We then went

Higher
Higher
Higher
Lower
Lower
Higher

So every year we finished lower was 2 years out of 6, one of which we finished one place lower in the table

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interview with Bart on 12:25 - Feb 6 with 3583 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 12:22 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

When Mick came in we were bottom and had previously finished 15th

We then went

Higher
Higher
Higher
Lower
Lower
Higher

So every year we finished lower was 2 years out of 6, one of which we finished one place lower in the table

What? What's this got to do with anything? We weren't discussing when Mick came in!

Interview with Bart on 12:27 - Feb 6 with 3562 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 12:11 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I clearly meant the year before. It's not the point though is it. The point is he had us finishing in our worst position for 60 years.

Goodbye.

You didn’t though, as you were making the point that we had a losing mentality in Mick’s last season. Whereas in Mick’s last season we finished in the top half and climbed 4 places in the table, which by your own metrics must have meant we had a winning mentality

Interview with Bart on 12:28 - Feb 6 with 3569 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 12:25 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

What? What's this got to do with anything? We weren't discussing when Mick came in!

You’ve been talking about ‘years and years’, so was just trying to think of a time to start this? Or did you just literally mean 2 years, one of which we finished higher? Or 3 years where we dropped one place and finished higher?

Interview with Bart on 12:29 - Feb 6 with 3569 viewsnodge_blue

Some of the anti Lambert people on here at the minute need to read that. It shows what a mess we were in and how its not easy to turn that around.

We need to stick together and not knee jerk into another manager - at least for a good while yet.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:57]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Interview with Bart on 12:37 - Feb 6 with 3533 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 12:28 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

You’ve been talking about ‘years and years’, so was just trying to think of a time to start this? Or did you just literally mean 2 years, one of which we finished higher? Or 3 years where we dropped one place and finished higher?

I've said (several times) in the thread. Since being in the playoffs it's been a downhill trend. That's 5 years.

Interview with Bart on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 3528 viewsFunge

Interview with Bart on 11:46 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Turns out I had inadvertently put you on Ignore, Dollers, old chum. Sorry about that, not my intention.

In unrelated news, this thread is like having a fight with some wind.
Interview with Bart on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 3528 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 12:37 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

I've said (several times) in the thread. Since being in the playoffs it's been a downhill trend. That's 5 years.

And I’ve said a few times, no one is questioning the downward trend - but your claim we have had a losing mentality for years and years is wrong

Agreed, we do need to...... on 12:39 - Feb 6 with 3522 viewsBloots

Interview with Bart on 12:29 - Feb 6 by nodge_blue

Some of the anti Lambert people on here at the minute need to read that. It shows what a mess we were in and how its not easy to turn that around.

We need to stick together and not knee jerk into another manager - at least for a good while yet.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:57]

...."now knee jerk into another manager"

Well said.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Interview with Bart on 12:50 - Feb 6 with 3493 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 12:38 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

And I’ve said a few times, no one is questioning the downward trend - but your claim we have had a losing mentality for years and years is wrong

I've shown my evidence of my belief that we've had a losing mentality for years.

The trend has been downwards for years.

Bart has said we had a losing mentality.

I rest my case.

Interview with Bart on 12:50 - Feb 6 with 3493 viewsJDB23

Sounds like our senior pro's were/are pretty mentally weak. Giving up that early instead of rolling their sleeves up with a new manager coming in and really trying to dig us out of the mess. No wonder we still get smacked in any big game.
Interview with Bart on 12:52 - Feb 6 with 3484 viewsjaykay

Interview with Bart on 09:56 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Your argument doesn’t make sense, you don’t automatically have a losing mentality just because you finished lower in the league. In fact by your logic we rediscovered a winning mentality in 2017/18 as we finished higher in the league than the season before

Teams with losing mentalities lose nearly every week, not finish in the top half

i dont think we had a losing mentality or do i think we had a winning mentality otherwise we would have reached the promised land. we were one of the longest standing teams in the championship, so i think we had a comfortable mentality

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Interview with Bart on 12:56 - Feb 6 with 3474 viewsLevelTheLand

Interview with Bart on 11:07 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

You're arguing a different point here, none of which I dispute.

It's almost like you see my name and try to think of any way you can have a pop at me.

As someone who rarely posts, so has no personal issue with yourself. You are talking utter nonsense.

We did not have 'years and years' of a losing mentality. We had a season where we made the play-offs (scraped the play-offs, just to keep you happy), followed by a few seasons of mostly top half finishes. Still better than anything we had experienced under the previous 2 managers. Bart clearly says in the article that moods dropped after Mick left, then dropped further shortly after Hurst arrived at which point a losing mentality started to set in. Which, regrettably, Lambert wasn't able to fix.

You have since changed your stance to 'downward trajectory' which is a slightly better way of describing our form after the play-off season. But you seem to be trying to pin more blame on Mick for our current position than Lambert. And whilst we were relegated by Hurst long before PL took over, he is to blame for our questionable performances this season, for which people are right to question if he is the right man for the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024