Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM 17:43 - Feb 14 with 3143 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lisa Nandy, Chair of Labour Friends of Palestine has been nominated as leader by the Jewish Labour Movement.

All those cult followers who claimed the antisemitism crisis was just about Israel have nowhere to hide.

Lisa Nandy nails it in this speech.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 18:24 - Feb 14 with 2527 viewsDarth_Koont

Politicians doing politics supported by politicos and ethno-religious nationalists.

I'll wait for real words and deeds from real people.

PS Amazed (but then again not amazed at all) that you haven't covered Suella Braverman's antisemitism yet. "Cultural Marxism"? Yeah, we know who you mean Suella.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:25]

Pronouns: He/Him

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 18:27 - Feb 14 with 2519 viewsTrequartista

Shame that she won't win, she's the best candidate i.m.h.o.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 18:29 - Feb 14 with 2523 viewsBlueBadger

Not sure why Darth has downvoted this, I thought he hated ALL racism*

*Terms and conditions may apply if it's the Dear Leader's mates doing the racism.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 18:40 - Feb 14 with 2486 viewsGunnsAirkick

Starmer is my first choice but she will be second, she has talked a lot of sense.

Thankfully all of the leadership candidates have been firm about this issue (yes, even Long-Bailey), deputy leadership is a different matter with the idiot dog whistle racist Burgon running (he's getting no prefs from me).
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:41]
Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 19:14 - Feb 14 with 2413 viewshampstead_blue

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 18:29 - Feb 14 by BlueBadger

*Terms and conditions may apply if it's the Dear Leader's mates doing the racism.

POTD!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 20:40 - Feb 14 with 2355 viewsDarth_Koont

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 18:29 - Feb 14 by BlueBadger

Thanks for that.

I've made myself very clear about this over the years, but if people are going to ignore the facts and take accusations as read then they're no better than the worst Brexiteers or anti-Mick numbskulls.

For someone who is rightly very critical of these people who ignore facts to suit their own beliefs, you're down on their level over this.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 20:43 - Feb 14 with 2339 viewsDarth_Koont

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 19:14 - Feb 14 by hampstead_blue

POTD!

Nice one! That's a great endorsement.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 20:47 - Feb 14 with 2309 viewsbazgammon

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 20:43 - Feb 14 by Darth_Koont

Nice one! That's a great endorsement.

aren't you the guy who thinks Scottish Nats are great and progressive but English nationalists are racist gammons?

Poll: Lambert

Login to get fewer ads

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 21:18 - Feb 14 with 2254 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's a great speech, no doubt.

I don't think there's any need for this "cult" thing to still be going on though. It was propaganda and not needed anymore. Frankly it's offensive to people who just supported a particular thing and with the best intentions for what they felt was best for the country.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 21:46 - Feb 14 with 2199 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who made the claims in sentence two?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 22:16 - Feb 14 with 2158 viewsDarth_Koont

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 20:47 - Feb 14 by bazgammon

aren't you the guy who thinks Scottish Nats are great and progressive but English nationalists are racist gammons?

Who are you?

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 2145 viewsBluesquid

So the Chair of the Labour Friends of Palestine is a zionist, wow, the Palestinians must be over the moon.
Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 22:46 - Feb 14 with 2097 viewsvapour_trail

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 01:58 - Feb 15 with 1980 viewsBlueBadger

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 22:29 - Feb 14 by Bluesquid

So the Chair of the Labour Friends of Palestine is a zionist, wow, the Palestinians must be over the moon.

Give over, you great fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 02:00 - Feb 15 with 1980 viewsBlueBadger

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 21:18 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

It's a great speech, no doubt.

I don't think there's any need for this "cult" thing to still be going on though. It was propaganda and not needed anymore. Frankly it's offensive to people who just supported a particular thing and with the best intentions for what they felt was best for the country.

Oh Dollars, oh, Dollers. There's so much irony in what you're saying here I don't know where to start.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 13:38]

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 02:01 - Feb 15 with 1973 viewsBlueBadger

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 22:46 - Feb 14 by vapour_trail

i don't get it.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 08:56 - Feb 15 with 1788 viewsDarth_Koont

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:00 - Feb 15 with 1776 viewstractordownsouth

Whilst I've never denied the existence of Anti Semitism or the failure within the Labour party to deal with it, I do feel it's necessary to issue an apology as I must admit to underestimating its prevelance. Since I got twitter last month, I've noticed the scale of it was far worse than I originally thought. Whilst I don't think that Mr Corbyn was a racist himself, he was utterly useless in getting rid of it - even just a gesture like bringing the likes of Berger and Smeeth out on stage at conference and showing solidarity with them would have gone a long way. I welcome the news today that 25 members have been kicked out for AS offences, but I think we have to implement the appropriate definitions in order to deal with it properly. So for that reason, Burgon and Butler will be firmly at the bottom of the ballot for me.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:30 - Feb 15 with 1720 viewsDarth_Koont

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:00 - Feb 15 by tractordownsouth

Whilst I've never denied the existence of Anti Semitism or the failure within the Labour party to deal with it, I do feel it's necessary to issue an apology as I must admit to underestimating its prevelance. Since I got twitter last month, I've noticed the scale of it was far worse than I originally thought. Whilst I don't think that Mr Corbyn was a racist himself, he was utterly useless in getting rid of it - even just a gesture like bringing the likes of Berger and Smeeth out on stage at conference and showing solidarity with them would have gone a long way. I welcome the news today that 25 members have been kicked out for AS offences, but I think we have to implement the appropriate definitions in order to deal with it properly. So for that reason, Burgon and Butler will be firmly at the bottom of the ballot for me.

What is the prevalence? And who has denied that prevalence?

I know the answers to these but I'd be interested to hear why you say you underestimated it.The problem now is that there's a perception fueled by accusation that it's rife throughout the party.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:53 - Feb 15 with 1688 viewsChurchman

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:00 - Feb 15 by tractordownsouth

Thank you for posting that. Extremely interesting and sad - I will attempt to improve my understanding of it. What a brave lady to stand up to such appalling levels of abuse. Whether the Labour Party is serious about dealing with antisemitism, only time will tell. Given the weakness of Sir Starmer (along with his ludicrous Brexit strategy), Lady Nugee Thornberry (enough said) and continuity Corbyn LB, Lisa Nandy appears by far the most able candidate and their only hope.

As for Richard Burgon, having been caught in camera spewing anti Jewish stuff a few years ago, I can’t believe the Labour Party will be dumb enough to elect him as deputy leader.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 9:54]
Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 10:09 - Feb 15 with 1669 viewstractordownsouth

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:53 - Feb 15 by Churchman

Thank you for posting that. Extremely interesting and sad - I will attempt to improve my understanding of it. What a brave lady to stand up to such appalling levels of abuse. Whether the Labour Party is serious about dealing with antisemitism, only time will tell. Given the weakness of Sir Starmer (along with his ludicrous Brexit strategy), Lady Nugee Thornberry (enough said) and continuity Corbyn LB, Lisa Nandy appears by far the most able candidate and their only hope.

As for Richard Burgon, having been caught in camera spewing anti Jewish stuff a few years ago, I can’t believe the Labour Party will be dumb enough to elect him as deputy leader.

No problem. I agree that Nandy is the best shout but I disagree with your view on Starmer, he made a mistake with the policy but he’s made quite a big deal of moving on from the leave remain divide.
I also think calling Thornberry Lady Nugee is in poor taste.

But the general point is true, it’s such a shame that we lost an election to a PM who is essentially a demagogue and with the tabloids, we need to be as squeaky clean as possible - and having someone like Burgon in there would be ridiculous and show that we haven’t learnt from the mistakes:

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 10:09 - Feb 15 with 1668 viewsDarth_Koont

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:53 - Feb 15 by Churchman

I have no love for Burgon. As I think he lied about saying what he said, which for me is a huge problem.

But what "anti-Jewish stuff was he spewing"?

He's anti-Zionist.Probably like I am too, in that political zionism has no place in the Israel-Palestine conflict. Which needs to be resolved by taking religious and ethno-nationalism (on either side) out of the picture not bringing it in.

This is a central issue for those who want the IHRA definition and their examples adopted and why many are against it. Which effectively gives Netanyahu and the extreme settler movement carte blanche to ride roughshod over the rights of Palestinians and indeed any hope of a peaceful two-state resolution.

Starmer saying he wasn't a zionist even when he was in a forum where it was expected for him to kowtow and say it was very encouraging.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 10:15 - Feb 15 with 1634 viewstractordownsouth

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 09:30 - Feb 15 by Darth_Koont

What is the prevalence? And who has denied that prevalence?

I know the answers to these but I'd be interested to hear why you say you underestimated it.The problem now is that there's a perception fueled by accusation that it's rife throughout the party.

There’s a lot of posts on Twitter containing tinfoil hat level conspiracies about Ruth Smeeth collaborating with the Israeli government etc. I’d seen them before but hadn’t quite realised the scale of it...

If Burgon is appointed it would be a massive shame. I don’t think the outgoing leadership themselves are anti Semitic but they didn’t make nearly enough effort to eradicate it.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 10:23 - Feb 15 with 1608 viewsDarth_Koont

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 10:15 - Feb 15 by tractordownsouth

There’s a lot of posts on Twitter containing tinfoil hat level conspiracies about Ruth Smeeth collaborating with the Israeli government etc. I’d seen them before but hadn’t quite realised the scale of it...

If Burgon is appointed it would be a massive shame. I don’t think the outgoing leadership themselves are anti Semitic but they didn’t make nearly enough effort to eradicate it.

There's tinfoil hattery everywhere.

But there is clear evidence of collusion between the JLM and the Israeli embassy. And clear evidence of the Israeli government looking to discredit Palestinian activists.

The problem, that Peter Oborne exposed over 10 years ago and has only been ramped up since Gaza in 2014, is that there is a very strong link between the Israelis, our own establishment and many of the Jewish representative bodies that advocate for Israel (as of course is their right).

However people are being dishonest and denying this and calling it an antisemitic trope or similar. That's hugely problematic.

I don't know what links Smeeth has but they may well have evidence.

All I will say is that if the documented Israeli interference in our politics was Russian then we'd not be trying to brush it under the carpet or accuse those pointing it out as russophobes.

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 12:01 - Feb 15 with 1536 viewsChurchman

Lisa Nandy endorsed by the JLM on 10:09 - Feb 15 by Darth_Koont

I have no love for Burgon. As I think he lied about saying what he said, which for me is a huge problem.

But what "anti-Jewish stuff was he spewing"?

He's anti-Zionist.Probably like I am too, in that political zionism has no place in the Israel-Palestine conflict. Which needs to be resolved by taking religious and ethno-nationalism (on either side) out of the picture not bringing it in.

This is a central issue for those who want the IHRA definition and their examples adopted and why many are against it. Which effectively gives Netanyahu and the extreme settler movement carte blanche to ride roughshod over the rights of Palestinians and indeed any hope of a peaceful two-state resolution.

Starmer saying he wasn't a zionist even when he was in a forum where it was expected for him to kowtow and say it was very encouraging.

As I said in my other post, I need to understand this stuff better. I presume the difference between anti semistism and anti Zionism is the difference between racism and hostility to the Israeli state?

Burgons speech: I heard it once and I didn’t like what I heard. I’ll listen to it again. Either way, the point you raise about him being caught openly lying is possibly even more important. I believe he is a massive electoral liability to Labour and it’s something they don’t need. There are better people out there.

As for Starmer, he is clearly a very clever man (elected to the Bar, DPP etc etc) and has been around a bit. But there is something about him that I find unconvincing aside from his odd Brexit stance. Interesting times, but to provide effective opposition which the country desperately needs, they have to get it right, which rules out LB and Thornberry immediately for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024